Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:27:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Trading Tool  (Read 1734 times)
kennyg (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 01:05:55 AM

I have written a .NET app for trading on Mt. Gox using their APIs.  I spent most of the last 2 days writing it and I am pretty damn proud.  There is a writeup and download link here.

Basically, it gives you the ability to schedule trades, remove trades, analyze the depth of the market, see how many or how much is in front of your trades, further there is also a stop-loss monitoring feature that can kick in if the price moves too much.  Happy downloading, I have set up an email for feedback if you have any constructive comments.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jbmiller10

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 06:22:13 AM

This is absolutely fantastic, thanks for coding this!
I tried to send you 2 btc, but the client keeps telling me I don't have that many bitcoins, even though I do (in MtGox, at least). Is that address a donation address, or a personal wallet address for the client, which I would then donate out of? I'd love to donate, but I'd also like credit for it to access the extra features, so I presume I need to donate within the client.

In any case, great work! I look forward to future updates!

I go by threestar most places.
Join us in the Digitalcoin Chatroom!
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 12:44:47 PM

Do you use the websockets for this or always download (mostly redundant) the whole market data?

Also I'd like to have a aggreagated view on market depth like http://mtgoxlive.com has (without the green graph)

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
0x00

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 01:26:11 PM

Thank you for your contribution to community. I was looking forward for such tool.

But there is one problem.  Call me paranoid, but I have trouble trusting the  application unless I can see it's  source code. For what I know, it could leak my wallet.dat or the mtgox password. The risk is just too high.

Would you mind open sourcing your tool, so people would be able to see for themselves that there is nothing malicious going on behind the scenes and maybe contribute some improvements to the code.

Do not take my suspicions personally. I really appreciate you work!
Strom500

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 05:32:15 PM

How did you get the MtGox api's to work? I have tried (in .net too) and have never got them to work.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: