Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:56:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lol @ Hardfork panic  (Read 1664 times)
BitcoinBarrel (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2017, 02:57:31 PM

If it's not one thing it's another. People are always panicking and dumping their coins, and what do you know..... the price always rebounds much higher.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2017, 03:01:53 PM

Most likely that. Only thing that bugs me is that it tempts me to sell my coins and buy them lower.... but What if the rebound comes just when my coins are sold?  Undecided

Better wait for the rebound I think  Grin

Achargeturry78

Activity: 630
Merit: 267

Just follow the rules

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 03:03:13 PM

I think this is because of some whale following the trend of the chart. They are see that the price will drop so they will just dump a little then buy on the bottom. We all know that some traders wants to earn from this dumps but only holders wins at the end.
mikenz

Activity: 215
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 03:04:34 PM

I look forward to a huge SegWit speculation bubble. Even LTC doubled in the few weeks before they finally activated SegWit. And Bitcoin? Where everybody is waiting already for 2+ years now? whoaa-

BitcoinBarrel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2017, 03:26:45 PM

I look forward to a huge SegWit speculation bubble. Even LTC doubled in the few weeks before they finally activated SegWit. And Bitcoin? Where everybody is waiting already for 2+ years now? whoaa-

Exactly. Litecoin was considered "dead" trading for a couple dollars early this year, and after Segwit activation hit $50+

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 03:28:07 PM

Most likely that. Only thing that bugs me is that it tempts me to sell my coins and buy them lower.... but What if the rebound comes just when my coins are sold?  Undecided

Better wait for the rebound I think  Grin

The buy back lower strategy involves trusting an exchange with your money while you wait for the bottom. If it gets hacked you could lose everything. Knowing you could have bought back lower if only your exchange hadn't been hacked isn't much compensation for losing everything.
jerowacik
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 03:30:59 PM

If it's not one thing it's another. People are always panicking and dumping their coins, and what do you know..... the price always rebounds much higher.

Yes it is now seen that bitcoin prices are rising again. Although only a few tens of dollars but this is very meaningful. There is a chance that there will be another rise some time ahead, if this is true then there will be many people who will regret having been wrong in making a decision.
BitcoinBarrel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2017, 03:38:04 PM

If you look through the forum archives, you'll see people nitpicking about selling for $50/btc when they could have sold for $60/btc, etc... What difference does that make when bitcoin is around $2000~ now? It's the same thing going on since the beginning of crypto-trading. Should I have sold for $2500 or $2200? If you knew Bitcoin was going to be $20,000 one day would you sell at all?

I know it's frustrating when you lose hundreds or even thousands in a day from the price of Bitcoin. Just think, there are whales out there losing millions when the price of BTC drops. But they have been patient for years and years through the ups and downs for a REASON. You can always acquire fiat, but Cryptos are much harder to get.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 03:41:50 PM

Yes it is now seen that bitcoin prices are rising again. Although only a few tens of dollars but this is very meaningful. There is a chance that there will be another rise some time ahead, if this is true then there will be many people who will regret having been wrong in making a decision.

There have been people waiting for $100 coins since early 2015 and it never happened. Now there are hardfork panicers discussing $1000 coins, and I doubt that will ever happen either. They will regret selling below $2000 when Bitcoin is $3000+.
Fishmaster23

Activity: 256
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 03:44:12 PM

If you look through the forum archives, you'll see people nitpicking about selling for $50/btc when they could have sold for $60/btc, etc... What difference does that make when bitcoin is around $2000~ now? It's the same thing going on since the beginning of crypto-trading. Should I have sold for $2500 or $2200? If you knew Bitcoin was going to be $20,000 one day would you sell at all?

I know it's frustrating when you lose hundreds or even thousands in a day from the price of Bitcoin. Just think, there are whales out there losing millions when the price of BTC drops. But they have been patient for years and years through the ups and downs for a REASON. You can always acquire fiat, but Cryptos are much harder to get.

Many are afraid of losing their last assets, so sell coins at a low price to save anything. They are not professional investors, so they succumbed to a panic and make the wrong move.
It's hard for me to look at the fact that the price is falling. But I know this is the best time to buy
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 03:45:15 PM

if these panic sellers were panicking over something valid or even if they really understood why they are panicking i wouldn't be this angry Cheesy
i see dumb people who don't even know why they are panicking! they sometimes look like a herd of sheep that is just following what others do!

and the worst part is there is no hard fork! LOL

there is just Segwit and that is a soft fork with majority's support! double LOL

There is a FOMO brewing...
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 03:52:30 PM

Maybe they bought it for $400-$1800 years ago and don't want to lose money if BTC reach lower than those amounts. At least they are selling for a price hgher than they bought, they aren't thinking on long term, just on short one...

Anyway, if they are selling their Bitcoins, they are making some profit from it.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
midas28

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 03:53:08 PM

Panicing is normal, ppl sell and sometimes they reduce their cost.

and some ppl when they sell, it jumps back up.

if everyone thinks like you, then bitcoin would be 10k by now..
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 03:53:33 PM

the price always rebounds much higher.

That's exactly why traders are loving Bitcoin so much. It takes peanuts to make a lot people here sell their coins like there is no tomorrow. I couldn't stand it anymore, and bought back some of the coins I sold above $2400, for around $1850 today. Instead of people mocking about the price going down, they should do some effort into using this lower price in their advantage. As always, when the price bounces back up, these people will buy back the coins they sold in panic at far higher levels. It's pure capital destruction.
Oilacris

Activity: 3010
Merit: 611

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 03:54:34 PM

There have been people waiting for $100 coins since early 2015 and it never happened. Now there are hardfork panicers discussing $1000 coins, and I doubt that will ever happen either. They will regret selling below $2000 when Bitcoin is $3000+.
If they do secure profits on those sell points then theres nothing to regret since they are on profits but its much better if they decided to wait. Pullbacks or rebounds would really happen since we arent like to dump forever on bitcoins price. If theres a storm there would be a sunny day after. Panic sellers cant be avoided since they do see the trend of the market and some may just cut lose or some are taking profits or sell just to buyback a little lower.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Xavofat

Activity: 938
Merit: 559

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 04:42:44 PM

there is just Segwit and that is a soft fork with majority's support! double LOL
That explains why there's so much panic though.  Most of the newbies that pushed the price up over about $1500 actually understood very little about Bitcoin, and were buying into speculation and hype.

When they get loads of fancy terms like "hard fork" and "soft fork" thrown at them they have no idea what's going on, so they sell.  The fact that everyone is posting threads about how scared they are of a hard fork, even though no hard fork is happening*, shows just how weak these rallies have been. 

There are a lot of weak hands in BTC at the moment, and I'll be delighted to see them go.  It's great for the long term prospects of BTC for it to stick to normal growth.

*unless BITMAIN forks off, but it seems unlikely now.  They seem to be confusing a potential chain split from UASF with a hard fork.  Hilarious that they didn't even check what "UASF" stands for.
fabiorem

Activity: 1400
Merit: 347

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 05:01:39 PM

If the majority of users are newbies, then UASF will not happen.
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 05:38:34 PM

Whatever it is, at the moment, it has had such a huge impact on bitcoin. Well, now it has not happened yet, but makes such a big impact on bitcoin prices. If this really happened, maybe the impact will be more severe because of panic, but it could also be the opposite when it does not happen.
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 07:40:17 PM

Don't blame us you have to blame shorty Wu he is the one started this mess few month ago, I'd bet that he is chewing his finger nails and regrets it like a little poppy Cheesy
Unfortunately I have no more cash to buy this much cheap, you wanna know the reason? just last week I was praying for a price lower than $2100 but now my wish is in front of me waiting for me to catch it but I'm full  Cry Roll Eyes
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 07:56:27 PM

whales plus a bunch of 'holders' who are scared kids are a potent combination to make money. the whole bitcoin death thing is so well worn but it never fails to work. let 'em throw their money away.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: