Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:18:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin reloadable VISA  (Read 1230 times)
matt4054 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 12:29:08 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2013, 12:53:45 PM by matt4054

I am looking for a reliable provider of Bitcoin reloadable VISA card.

A few services are listed on Bitcoin.info but nothing seems currently available as a viable option.

Any ideas?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 05:14:08 AM

I hear that guy is trustworthy:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=216629
Smiley
marcovaldo

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 12:11:49 PM

I hear that guy is trustworthy:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=216629
Smiley

It is you Roll Eyes

BITEX
            ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
                  ███     ███     ███
                    ███     ███     ███
                      ███     ███     ███
                        ███     ███     ███
                          ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███
                              ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███
                          ███     ███     ███
                        ███     ███     ███
                      ███     ███     ███
                    ███     ███     ███
                  ███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███

The First Locally-Embedded, Yet Global, Crypto-Bank
TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK   TWITTER    YOUTUBE    LINE

███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███
          ███     ███     ███
        ███     ███     ███
      ███     ███     ███
    ███     ███     ███
  ███     ███     ███
███     ███     ███
  ███     ███     ███
    ███     ███     ███
      ███     ███     ███
        ███     ███     ███
          ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
               ███     ███     ███
                 ███     ███     ███

WHITEPAPER | ANN
JOIN WHITELIST NOW!
matt4054 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 11:37:55 PM

Thanks for your replies Wink

The trick is:

How can i load the card with Bitcoins?
Exchange Bitcoins at an exchange and send the cash by SEPA or international transfer to the attached bank account.

When OKPAY was accepting Bitcoin, I could just transfer BTC to my account and then reload my card.

Here, I have to "withdraw" my coins to a foreign SEPA account, which is, AFAIK, not accepted officially by exchanges, including Bitstamp. In other words, I need to withdraw to my current bank account, just like I do now, and then transfer fiat to reload my card.

While this is ok per se, I can already do it with my bank with a pre-paid card, so the problem for me is that it brings no benefit compared to what I already have.

Furthermore, I already have 2 reloadable Mastercard that I can reload using OKPAY (typically BTC-e to OKPAY at 2% fee) or directly on xmlgold.eu for Bitcoins or other e-currencies.

So, what I'm looking for would be more like a "real" Bitcoin reloadable card, without going through SEPA.
moni3z

Activity: 899
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 11:52:51 PM

Use the OKpay card. Load your accounts with bitcoins and then withdraw to the VISA. Failing that you could find any old reloadable visa that has IBAN for reload and withdraw to it from an exchange like bitstamp. I generally avoid these completely now, high fees, tracking galore and I remember the Liberty Reserve days when these cards would get locked and everybody would lose their funds.
bernard75
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 11:54:20 PM

Here, I have to "withdraw" my coins to a foreign SEPA account, which is, AFAIK, not accepted officially by exchanges, including Bitstamp. In other words, I need to withdraw to my current bank account, just like I do now, and then transfer fiat to reload my card.
Who told you that? You are acquiring a bank account with the purchase of the card. This is your bank account and thus you can withdraw to it.

So, what I'm looking for would be more like a "real" Bitcoin reloadable card, without going through SEPA.
I still fail to understand that concept. The world unfortunately still works with that antiquated system of FIAT, but you want to load a card with BTC and then? Go shopping with it? Or withdraw BTC at an ATM?
moni3z

Activity: 899
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 12:09:22 AM

Who told you that? You are acquiring a bank account with the purchase of the card. This is your bank account and thus you can withdraw to it.

I still fail to understand that concept. The world unfortunately still works with that antiquated system of FIAT, but you want to load a card with BTC and then? Go shopping with it? Or withdraw BTC at an ATM?

What he wants is a middle-man service that will just take bitcoins and load the card. If anybody wants to do this sign up to Ecoin.cc and dump a bunch of fiat into it. Now accept bitcoins and transfer to people's Ecoin cards, charge whatever fees you want. If I remember correctly they are St. Vincent LoyalBank cards https://www.loyalbank.com/eng/prod_cps
bernard75
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 12:12:04 AM

But why pay additional fees when he can have everything under his own control?
matt4054 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 12:18:47 AM

Sorry if I misunderstood, you mean you will create an account in my name so I can register it under my name at the exchange, right?

Both. POS and ATM. Exactly that.

I guess that's reasonable, shopping and withdrawing cash?

Or if you have a magic switch for BTC acceptance at every POS, I'm all in for it Smiley
bernard75
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 12:57:34 PM

Sorry if I misunderstood, you mean you will create an account in my name so I can register it under my name at the exchange, right?
No, its even better, the account is already tied to the card, neither me or you have to do anything. And to top it up there is no name tied to the card/account, which means you can use it with any name.

Both. POS and ATM. Exactly that.
I guess that's reasonable, shopping and withdrawing cash?
Or if you have a magic switch for BTC acceptance at every POS, I'm all in for it Smiley

But you do understand that at some point BTC need to be changed to FIAT and in Europe you have to go thru SEPA.
Once this is done, preferably at an Exchange, you can go buckwild and operate that "magic switch" yourself.

Can somebody independent please confirm that the description in my sig is so bad that this isnt obvious?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: