Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:16:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: One day.. like gold.. the price of bitcoin will be manipulated by banks  (Read 4609 times)
townf

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 04:03:34 AM

...  words...  endless, meaningless words...

Slow down there Dr. Maiden Lane - this is no FCDS. Any token of value is worth whatever you think you can trade it for.  From wiki:

A derivative is a financial instrument which derives its value from the value of underlying entities such as an asset, index, or interest rate.

I don't see it...

Just put him on ignore.  His main rhetorical device is to repeat his baseless claim using lengthy posts devoid of meaning.  He is indeed a philosopher, in the worst sense of the word.

Thanks - I see now that his post history is indeed a labyrinth of babble...

Sure, reading through some of his posts is like being on acid while studying quantum physics theories. He assumes a knowledge base in his readers that many do not have.

He actually knows what he's talking about though. I definitely would not dismiss it out of hand.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
OmG3o3

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 11:49:33 PM

Sure, reading through some of his posts is like being on acid while studying quantum physics theories. He assumes a knowledge base in his readers that many do not have.

He actually knows what he's talking about though. I definitely would not dismiss it out of hand.

That's what I though while still trippin and reading a bit these theisis grade wordings on the weekend ~.~

agentbluescreen

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 02:18:48 AM

Well, does anybody give a shit about this? Maybe more of us (including myself) ought to understand this mumbo jumbo.

I do understand that totally unregulated environments inevitibly progress into a monopoly or cartel.

I also understand that if you are a money printer, it's not that huge of a thing to reel off a continuous wad of FRNs and manipulate markets and buy all the BTC. You barely even have to manipulate any markets to get all the BTC if you got your hand on the money spigot. The entire monetization of bitcoin is about 1/84th of what the FED adds to their balance sheet every month with fresh QE. Think about that.

agentbluescreen how do we enforce your fixes on the exchanges without force of law?

Well that's just it, we don't and there is no law nor regulation that affects an Over the Counter fCS (funded Credit Swap) instrument. Nobody needs a law to do the smartest or right thing, though!

One thing that is abundantly clear is that we should all make it our business to see to it that the exchange-value of our own BTC (that we each own and should benefit from the wider use of) always grows, not because of any shortage or surplus of it but because of a well thought out "price discovery" mechanism that arrests, slows and/or defies inflationary devaluation of it in all ways possible.

The "Holy Grail" here is a publicly owned Medium of Work-Resource Exchange, that shares it's ever-growing profits by increasing(growing) in value even as it must also increase(grow) in supply.

Honestly I think that BTC-E bots will solve the problem forcing the bits and mortar bear-pit "stock" exchanges to work to a much higher standard over time or to simply loose plain, business-like currency exchanging traffic altogether. Looking at multiple "penny stock" pits trading BTC against the same currencies, it becomes apparent that they are all grossly erratic, have odd pricing personalities and that volumes (in either demand or supply) have practically nothing to do with price deviations on and between them so much as little nuisance bidding and asking temptations do. It also seems that smaller exchanges with lower fees have higher overall prices but are not quite as volatile as those that have higher fees. That said it's also quite clear that anybody who can attack and control Mt Gox can do whatever he wants with the pricing.

The real problem with BTC is too many Bid/Ask price points, due to it's deeply divisible value structure.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: