Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:03:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Po.et - digital creative assets timestamped onto the blockchain  (Read 40012 times)
Lightacycma

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 10:24:15 AM

On the notes that it will be a privacy coin, is the plan to mainly to follow what is being done by other coins like dash, or do something else.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ruthenian

Activity: 354
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 10:45:36 AM

On the notes that it will be a privacy coin, is the plan to mainly to follow what is being done by other coins like dash, or do something else.

POE is not a privacy coin but a utility token:

The Po.et native token serves several purposes:

As the network grows and improves, the Po.et token will evolve with it and may serve a role in the governance and reputation systems for the network. Potential additional applications include staking tokens as a form of reputation and providing an economic mechanism to prevent spam on the Po.et platform. The token is intended to serve as a native payment system for the network, with Po.et tokens required to register new content, and as a governance method for the protocol.
gamehendge02

Activity: 95
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 04:50:50 AM

Hello everyone !
It's only take 5 minutes to inform the community, POE will have the opportunity to list on "Aiodex" and registered members will be free of trading fee in the first year. That is wonderful thing.
I hope you will inform to your community. Thank...!
-> https://aiodex.com/vote/POE
-> https://discord.gg/RvhvdZq

Thanks for sharing!
mcstudio

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 06:09:05 PM

New Article from CEO Jarod Dicker : The Media Resurrection: Blockchain, Journalism and Value on the Web

In order to force something new, to force change, maybe what we need is for all of the elements of the current journalism business model to weaken. Perhaps once revenue and growth channels for media and journalism reach a tipping point of being under immense stress, it will drive a new way of thinking. A new way of collaborating. And a new way of sustaining.

https://blog.po.et/the-media-resurrection-blockchain-journalism-and-value-on-the-web-1cb9e55beb5e

DrewVi

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 06:17:22 PM

it is still early to expect that most of the people that are investing in crypto have the consciousness and integrity to avoid investing in centralized ideas and ideas that just throw word blockchain in to get a piece of the pie. So, take a big pie from this idea!
mcstudio

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 02:35:07 PM

Update from CEO Jarod Dicker, who is currently in China :

This week: Po.et goes international.

I’m on the road connecting with partners, innovators and blockchain evangelists all over the APAC region to dig deeper on Po.et and the value it brings to the entire ecosystem. The goal of this trip is to emphasize the impact of Po.et today and deepen its footprint through Asia and Australia. We will highlight how far we’ve come but most importantly, where we plan on going.

Yesterday, we had a meetup in Shanghai, which had an overwhelmingly successful turn-out with our friends, fans and the Shanghai blockchain community— it was standing room only, with over 300 sign ups/attendees. It was humbling to see such enthusiasm from our Chinese community and the event was one for the Po.et archives. I keynoted on the value of Po.et, and how blockchain is set to impact media for the better. It was followed by a panel session with members of BTC Media, U Network, Sanyan Blockchain and Awakennews.

Today, I spoke at the Wanxiang Blockchain Labs alongside BTC Media CEO David Bailey to a crowd of 1000+. We discussed a subject we touch on quite often: blockchain and the power it will have to influence the media. David is the CEO of BTC Inc., the company that owns Bitcoin Magazine and Distributed among others. We were the sole presenters on the topic of media at China’s largest blockchain event of the year (4th annual). Tonight we have partnership meetings and events for the Po.et project and then I’m off to Australia.

Our very own David Turner is heading to Austin this week to represent Po.et at the 2018 ONA Conference. Media producers globally are at a crossroads, where everyone is seeking a new funding model for journalism. Dave’s session is designed specifically to spread the word about Po.et word while offering new ideas around revenue models and the ways that blockchain technology can power the media – and web – of the future. He will be joined by Vivian Schiller of Civil and David Cohn of Advance.

What do we discuss at these events and why is Po.et asked to be the project that best represents media in the blockchain space?

We talk a lot about revenue models in media and I’m constantly being asked “why media”, "why add in blockchain” and “why now”. I thought it would be a good opportunity to recap my thoughts on blockchain, journalism and value on the web. After all, these are things I am asked about everyday. We’ve been told over and over media is dying. What if it isn’t “dying”, but just changing — and we have the opportunity to not only frame the conversation of how media and content should be valued, but also actively shape the business models of the future? That is a powerful place to be.

"In order to force something new, to force change, maybe what we need is for all of the elements of the current journalism business model to weaken. Perhaps once revenue and growth channels for media and journalism reach a tipping point of being under immense stress, it will drive a new way of thinking. A new way of collaborating. And a new way of sustaining.”

It’s difficult to create new revenue streams and often times, companies are reluctant to reinvent the wheel – even if that wheel is mediocre, at best. At Po.et, we believe in a world in which good journalism and creative can come together and make for good business.

You can read more of my thoughts on media and journalistic value on the web in our most recent blog post:

https://blog.po.et/the-media-resurrection-blockchain-journalism-and-value-on-the-web-1cb9e55beb5e

After today, I’ll be jetting off to Sydney to discuss all of these ideas at the INFORM News Media Summit, APAC’s annual gathering of news media leaders.

It’s going to be a great event and I can’t wait to report back! And if you’re in Sydney, feel free to join us:

https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/inform-news-media-summit-registration-40693855417

Pirlolrip2018

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 04:39:36 PM

Their platform is already available on the testnet, it's nothing much, but there is not much to expect. It's clean and easy in use, and shows how easy it is now to store all the information.
Dvd1989

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 06:36:07 AM

I must say, even though I realise that everything is cheap at the moment, POE is a steal under 1 cent and at only 18 million market cap.
MarkLer

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 06:45:24 AM

I've heard that all tokens that will not be sold in the ICO process will be destroyed, is that true? Is this step aimed at supporting the price of the token?
Stereoisomer

Activity: 61

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 08:02:17 AM

I've heard that all tokens that will not be sold in the ICO process will be destroyed, is that true? Is this step aimed at supporting the price of the token?

No the other 50% of the tokens were distributed as follows:

50% - community Token sale.
8% - foundering team
10% Angel investors
10% integration partners
22% Foundation.

Jekwizor

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 06:51:12 AM

September 2018 Po.et Engineering Progress Report
Po.et is building the verifiable web: the decentralized protocol suite for content attribution, discovery, monetization and reputation.
https://blog.po.et/september-2018-po-et-engineering-progress-report-6d1751af7a84
Dvd1989

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 06:57:08 PM

Po.et progress report in charts:

- Po.et claim batching is live: enable transactions for millions of users
- Progress towards bitcoin main net at >84%
- Details on @_poetproject is a cross-chain protocol layer

more https://medium.com/m/global-identity?redirectUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fblog.po.et%2Fseptember-2018-po-et-engineering-progress-report-6d1751af7a84
brother3

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 09:38:40 AM

Driven By Doubt

The best products don’t just provide solutions but, rather, introduce doubt. Doubt as to why things are the way they are and why they cannot be different. Doubt in the process and technology that currently exists and doubt that something better couldn’t be built. Doubt as a driver is a powerful thing, and one that pushes us forward every single day at Po.et.
https://blog.po.et/driven-by-doubt-6b8e47ae406d
Anc92

Activity: 259

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 04:06:14 PM

UPDATE FROM JAROD DICKER

Here’s the recording from the rights management summit last week. Hope you all enjoy and please let me know any questions: https://twitter.com/jarroddicker/status/1049276979973967872?s=21

naikaka

Activity: 389
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 08:32:24 PM

A lot of coffee and a lot of work. It’s time for another weekly update:

We’re firing on all cylinders over here so this week’s update is going
to be delivered the way I speak; fast & bulleted. Hold your breath and
let’s go:

The past few weeks presented several important opportunities for
educating stakeholders in media, journalism, advertising and beyond
about what Po.et is doing and how our platform intersects with their
industries. This is a critical component of the work we’re doing at
Po.et; we are building something most of the world doesn’t know they
need yet. So it takes the work of not just constructing the protocol
but educating on it as well.

Here’s a recap of our recent activity, along with information about
where you can see the Po.et project next.

RightsTech Summit

Friday, October 5, I was at the RightsTech Summit in New York City.
Dicker participated in a discussion titled “Crypto, Code and
Copyrights,” where I spoke alongside representatives from the media
and music industries.

The discussion focused on the ways in which blockchain technology is
reshaping ownership and payment structures for digital rights -- and
the extent to which cryptocurrency and AI will improve the rights
market in the long term.

My contributions to the discussion drew on past experiences at digital
platforms like the Huffington Post, and how they informed my
perspectives on blockchain and how blockchain technology can create
new types of incentive and rewards mechanisms, especially in the
journalism industry.

You can catch a recording of the talk here.

Breaker Interview

I also had an opportunity to discuss Po.et with Breaker, a magazine
that focuses on the crypto industry writ large.

The interview provided a chance to explain to a crypto-focused
audience what Po.et is -- and what it isn’t. (Short answer: Po.et’s
mission is not to “police the web”; it’s to create a “nutrition label”
for online content in order to help people learn the facts about
content that they encounter on the web.)

You can read the interview -- and learn how Po.et just might one day
help someone monetize tweets -- here. These are huge opportunities and
ideas that transcend Po.et into industries beyond imagination. All we
have to do it build the roads to get there.

Reputation on the Modern Web

In addition to speaking and the above interviews, I spent part of
early October writing. My article “Reputation in Web3” was published
by Token Daily at the beginning of this month.

In the piece, I discuss the challenge of reputation on the modern web
-- a challenge that starts with defining what reputation even means in
a global sense. He argues that in the web (and media industry in
general) of the future, reputation will become the primary driver of
value. We’ll consequently see “a monolithic shift in the opportunity
for creators and the restraints of the companies that are currently
working as hard as possible to best represent them,” he writes.

Speaking to Students

Last but not least, I also had a chance to speak to students about
Po.et at the Studio One: Innovation in Media Class. Here’s the proof.

What’s next?

See Po.et at Elevate Blockchain

If you’re in New York on October 17, come join me and other amazing
speakers for Adweek’s Elevate Blockchain event. Find details here.

We will have updates to main net and our progress in the engineering
report coming soon. We’re very close, and will have collateral
explaining how best to prepare (whether a developer, creator or
spectator) for full use and opportunity shortly. The marketing team is
heads down building documentation and collateral for everyone to use
and weigh in on.

Ok, back to work. We can breathe again.

JD
Ruthenian

Activity: 354

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 01:12:37 PM

Here's the October update from the Po.et engineering team: https://buff.ly/2QYev6r
mcstudio

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 05:54:08 PM

Solutions in Search of Problems

A solution in search of a problem is still a solution, but it’s not easy to see. Many blockchain projects are often challenged by whether they can solve an existing problem and if so, why that solution can’t be done with another technology.

This is similar to arguing whether you should fly or drive to a destination. There are variants and factors that enable you to achieve your goal by getting from one place to another. And those variants can be satisfied via automobile or via plane, both bringing different values as well as challenges towards reaching the end goal. There isn’t a right or wrong. The decisions are relative based on a specific need. But these decisions aren’t the end of the road; they’re the bridge to what’s next. And that’s why they warrant our attention.

If we’re looking to solve an acute problem, we shouldn’t be just looking at how to solve for existing conditions, we should look to challenge how those conditions came about in the first place. The greatest technologies question behaviors. It’s not about solving a specific problem but questioning the behaviors that brought us there in the first place. It’s not just technical, it’s cultural. New ways of “doing” shouldn’t be applied to old ways of thinking, however, innovation is often judged by the problems it solves, not the behaviors it creates. And that’s backwards. Often times products fail because they’re solving problems without questioning behaviors. If we can change behaviors, we can change, and solve the problems.

A solution in search of a problem is a good thing. Its core incentive is not to provide a solution for a problem rendered by an existing behavior. Its incentive is to create an entirely new behavior, thus creating entirely new problems. That's how change happens.

At Po.et, we are rethinking the creative process at large. What does it mean to own your ideas? How do you build value and reputation around the work that you do? If there are new models for rewards, new models for funding and new models of acknowledgement for individuals, then everything inside and outside of the process can be rewritten as well. To best understand how to drive value, we must listen and build tools for opportunities that individuals see, feel and breathe.

Behavior follows culture. Culture follows incentives. Change the incentives, change the culture.

Now to the good stuff. Here’s a recap of what the Po.et project has been up to recently.

Engineering Updates

First of all, I’d like to draw attention to the Po.et engineering strides in the most recent progress report. There are a number of items to highlight, including:

The implementation of batch claiming, an important feature for allowing Po.et to scale and process large numbers of claims at once.
A redesign of claim structures that ensures forward-compatibility over the long term.
A lot of bug squashing. The most notable achievement on this front is the fixing of bugs that caused problems in some cases for claims that dealt with foreign language content. We want everyone, everywhere to be able to use Po.et reliably, and the fixing of this bug helps ensure that they can.
The completion of a security self-assessment and a code quality checkup by the Po.et engineering team. Software security and quality are also a core part of our mission, and we want to ensure that we’re taking steps as Po.et evolves to keep our code as clean and secure as we reasonably can.

With this work out of the way, the engineering team is transitioning from creating new features to testing and debugging those features. As reported, the team is putting the final touches on the Po.et mainnet release. We are excited to share more with the community soon.

“Blockchain in Journalism” Panel at Columbia

Last week, I took part in the “Blockchain in Journalism: Promise and Practice” event at Columbia University’s Journalism School in New York. The discussion allowed me to raise some important points about the current state of the media and journalism industries and how blockchain can help it.

Part of the solution, as I explained, is to use the blockchain and tokens to do a better job of showing readers the value of journalism that is produced. By using decentralized networks of token holders to validate information, we can prove to readers that what we say is accurate, and give them a more compelling reason to pay for subscriptions.

You can catch the full discussion (along with the rest of the event) in this video recording.

Adweek Elevate

I also spoke last week at the Adweek Elevate: Blockchain event. The discussion presented another opportunity to connect with stakeholders in the advertising and media industry and help them understand how Po.et can improve what they do.

Here’s a short clip that gives you the Cliff Notes version of what we discussed at Elevate.

RightsTechSummit

In yet another recent stop on the conference circuit, I spoke at RightsTechSummit at the New York Media Festival about how blockchain impacts licensing and intellectual property rights.

Hackernoon Article

Po.et was called out (in a good way) this month by Sam Radocchia in an article on Hackernoon. Sam wrote about the challenges that data collection currently poses, and how blockchain can help us shift toward a culture where people have more control over how their data is used. Blockchain will not only help to offer consumers the choice of opting into data collection, but will also provide them new incentives for allow their data to be collected.

Sam mentioned Po.et as an example of a platform that uses the blockchain to “reconcile content creation with a fairer, more transparent system for attribution and compensation” and to create immutable records of proof of existence.

There is a lot coming up. If you happen to be at DevCon next week, please make sure to find our head of product, David Turner.

Until next time.

JD
skyward007

Activity: 166

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 04:54:37 PM

What can blockchain actually do for journalism?

Here’s some excellent coverage of the Columbia event last Friday. Full video and article, video panel on Po.et goes about 60 minutes. Enjoy: https://www.cjr.org/tow_center/what-can-blockchain-actually-do-for-journalism.php
Dvd1989

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 03:34:41 PM

Po.et has been showing some decent movement in the last couple of days. Being called out by some TA groups. Even though I dislike pump and dump scheme's, it's good that people finally notice Po.et again.
Lunaluk

Activity: 240
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 03:58:39 PM

Very interesting and most importantly ready project po.et deserves the attention of investors, really liked the competent distribution of tokens. According to your analysis when the project should be the only one of its kind?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: