Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:15:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible to find lost bitcoins?  (Read 6357 times)
Herry toer

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 01:20:45 PM

Millions of bitcoins are considered lost. Who will find them?
It's very difficult to find the missing Bitcoin. Probably the one who will find the smart tech person in this World.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
trickyriky

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:38:17 AM

The question is really funny, but curious. I wish we could really have a chance to find these lost Bitcoins. Unfortunately, it is absolutely impossible. No one and nothing will return BTC that was lost once.
Troysen

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:45:18 AM

its almost impossible to get back cryptocurrency, especially those lost through hacks, this is precisely the reason as to why safety of your investment is empathized, encrypt your wallets as much as you can and follow the security tips to the later coz when a valuable investment as BTC slips away, its gone
iryboy

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:55:14 AM

Once you lost the private key /seed then bitcoins are gone forever. I am just wondering what will happen after a century if every year million lost. Shocked Shocked

pat231

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:52:22 AM

In a single case, I would say that you can find lost bitcoins. Some people even buy old wallets to solve the password to get the bitcoins that lie in this purse. But not every password can be brootforced and in a global sense, it will be too difficult to do.

[ CENTRA ] Creating a World Connected to Cryptocurrency
▚▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▞
dasher797

Activity: 115

Get your share of the future

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:58:41 AM

No one, do you mean to hack the wallet? No it's criminal. Just let them. If the supply of bitcoin is decrease then it's mean that the price will increase. I am not meant, just the one who responsible to bitcoin is the users it self. Just don't be like them who lost their bitcoin.

JRACPJRL

Activity: 197

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:59:16 AM

I think the fact that bitcoin is an internet currency, if you have lost or someone takes your bitcoin, it would be difficult to have it back. Make sure you have the best security at you bitcoin wallet. If you don't mind, how did you lost your bitcoin?
ionabori

Activity: 31
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:08:56 AM

It is very hard to find those lost bitcoins which got hacked. If you lost the btc wallet address on your system, you can try using recovery software.

MoonX      
───   http://www.moon.family/   ───
TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE
nhoj25

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:32:25 AM

Forgotten wallets, hardware failure, Someone hacking your details, irrecoverable passwords or private keys causes supply loss of Bitcoin and It’s extremely improbable, and effectively impossible to recover lost coins. This is what the security of Bitcoin is actually based on. If you’ve lost your private key, the system is so secure that you may not be able to recover it.
Sar elok

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:43:13 AM

Bitcoin is missing could not be found. They are not visible and cannot be held. That which is not visible to the naked eye, how to find it?
dangershadow

Activity: 88

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:06:03 AM

Not millions of coins are lost. How can millions be lost when only about 16-17 Million Coins have been mined currently out of 21 Million.

The Second thing the lost Bitcoins are lost in some outer space and you cannot get the hold of them Now..
JennetCK

Activity: 305
Merit: 100

[PROFISH.IO]

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:26:29 AM

No one will find them, why? Maybe because they are already hacked and someone already possessed it. No one knows where is it and who got it. Don't stress yourself because of this, just earn more bitcoin.

Pro Fish 
The ProFish online marketplace & tournaments
Twitter ⋄❖⋄ Telegram ⋄❖⋄ Facebook ⋄❖⋄ Instagram

Nakedbitcoin

Activity: 226

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:37:01 AM

I think its possible that we found lost bitcoin. The reason why there are millions of bitcoin lost its because of the group of hackers. And the negligent of the clients maybe they exposed their private key to someone.or they lost their files. So it hard to find our lost bitcoin, so in order to prevent this kind of situations we be responsible for it.
GoldAura17

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:41:17 AM

If no one has lost, he can not find it anymore. This must be known by all those who have bitcoin because if they are not careful they can cry a lot.
zngit

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:10:57 AM

It sounds funny seems finding Dora's treasure. This is possible to find a lost coin of bitcoin, but impossible to know where is the exact place of the lost treasure of bitcoin. This is unclear for we are dealing to online activity. Honesty, I did not yet encounter that, but I'm excited if that will fall on me and find bitcoin and come to my wallet I will be very thankful.
dhka

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:14:51 AM

The question is really funny, but curious. I wish we could really have a chance to find these lost Bitcoins. Unfortunately, it is absolutely impossible. No one and nothing will return BTC that was lost once.

If I am the lucky one to know how to recover lost bitcoins, I will not consider to return them or whatsoever LOL
I think there are thousands of lost bitcoins, not as many as millions.

joymarker

Activity: 39

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:22:09 AM

Masih banyak lagi aspek untuk menemukan tentang Bitcoin, terlalu banyak untuk ...... Cryptocurrency bisa hilang saat komputer mogok, orang kehilangan dompet ...
laimaro

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:44:55 AM

The only way to "find" them would be to stumble upon the private key that holds them.

The odds of this happening are so small that it is basically impossible to find them.
Completely agree with this. One of friends used to mine in 2012 and accumulated good amount. But he lost all those as he lost the wallet details. Never succeded in recovering the private key.
Aura

Activity: 518
Merit: 268

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:31:55 AM

Brute-forcing is the only way to recover the Bitcoins if the harddrive is wiped and the paper is gone. But that could easily take you years to recover, maybe even hundred of years. These coins are therefore considered to be gone.
KEPLER99

Activity: 448
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:16:25 PM

Once you lost the private key /seed then bitcoins are gone forever. I am just wondering what will happen after a century if every year million lost. Shocked Shocked
There is no such way using which you can recover any of the coin which you lost somehow. In case you lose your private key, then all of your coins which you had in your wallet will be compromised and there will be no chance of recovering even a single coin out of them. You need to take very good care of your private key and you need to keep it secure in order to avoid any mishap.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: