Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:12:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What should I do?  (Read 2936 times)
hovrah

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 07:21:13 PM

So if most places out there six months down the line are dealing with Bitcoin cash and you kept your coins with that original software lie that those are going to be Bitcoin cash there is no way you can personally turn those coins into the other Fork without going through a lot of pain. You sound like your new enough that could get kind of confusing. The only benefit to keeping them on a website or exchange this point is that those guys know we're doing and if that exchange sides in what direction that's where your coins are going to go.
You need to pay attention to a quality product, that is, a good company coins that have a good perspective and at the same time the team has proved itself well. The thing is, as for Bitcoin, you should not be upset about today's prices, because after August 1, everything will be all right. I believe that Bitcoin will regain its positions and by the end of the year can gain even two more than it is today.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pisston

Activity: 630

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 08:24:52 PM

So if most places out there six months down the line are dealing with Bitcoin cash and you kept your coins with that original software lie that those are going to be Bitcoin cash there is no way you can personally turn those coins into the other Fork without going through a lot of pain. You sound like your new enough that could get kind of confusing. The only benefit to keeping them on a website or exchange this point is that those guys know we're doing and if that exchange sides in what direction that's where your coins are going to go.
You need to pay attention to a quality product, that is, a good company coins that have a good perspective and at the same time the team has proved itself well. The thing is, as for Bitcoin, you should not be upset about today's prices, because after August 1, everything will be all right. I believe that Bitcoin will regain its positions and by the end of the year can gain even two more than it is today.
Today a lot of questions are asked because of keeping their coins and not losing what they invested. Of course it gives rise to a huge panic, but I think that with the alternative currency nothing will happen. And Bitcoin needs to be stored on its wallets and no exchanges are made. All transactions can be suspended For this period and then your coins will be safe.
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 09:29:23 PM

Yes, this is correct. Segwit2x will be implemented to the blockchain on August 1 and this (may) cause a hard fork to happen.
Where exactly did you get the idea that Segwit2x would be implemented by August 1st? Half education can be quite misleading and worse than illiteracy! First leg of Segwit2x is already on course and would culminate in a hard fork in couple of months. However come 1st of August, UASF proposes a normal segwit, which is a soft fork.

The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 01:02:47 AM

2.Deposit your Bitcoin to webwallet (Blockchain)

Why blockchain online wallet is good or can be considered as equal to desktop wallets?
As OP and many others I also have interest of keeping BTC safe around Aug 1st.

I have some on exchanges, and registered wallet on blockchain that currently has zero "balance", and wondering where to move coins.
If you want to keep your coins as secure as possible, then you need to send your bitcoin to a desktop wallet and you need to send to an address in that wallet and you need to have a hold of the private key of that address, it is not really a complicated issue just do that and you will be fine.
If you do have only small amounts of bitcoin then downloading electrum would already be fine for me since you can really get the private keys without the need on downloading the whole blockchain when you tend to use up bitcoin core. If you do have active transactions then blockchain web wallet isnt bad after all since ive been using this wallet ever since i do start on bitcoin world.
Electrum is my favorite light weight wallet, the bitcoin core is the most secure but it can take a lot of time to download the entire blockchain, while running a full node is a service to the community most people cannot afford to have a computer connected to the internet 24 hours every day.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 08:36:49 PM

As you said that people are getting confused that other people are making something foolish but I want to know that desktop wallet are better or online websites in these days because I would prefer desktop wallet because it is more protected than website servers because what if there is any bad happened with bitcoin in the end of 1 August.
posternat

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 05:00:58 PM

It's really pretty complicated, and that's the only reason I suggest keeping it on a professional website is because they can handle these things, but the one drawback to that is that some of these foreign websites love to use stuff like this as an excuse to if nothing else hold your coins for a long period of time.
mrayazgul

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 05:01:59 PM

It's really pretty complicated, and that's the only reason I suggest keeping it on a professional website is because they can handle these things, but the one drawback to that is that some of these foreign websites love to use stuff like this as an excuse to if nothing else hold your coins for a long period of time.

That site's been around for awhile, I dealt with them and I think I left just because there portfolio was getting kind of set. You should be able to trust them but at the same time if it makes you feel better you might want to move to something that's a little more established in a little more trustworthy.
The_Dark_Knight

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 10:13:17 PM

Correct it may seem easier to leave your bitcoin sitting in an exchange and let them be the ones that deal with your situation but in the long run it is more work because if you want to access your bitcoin cash and do something with it you will need to ask the exchange the politics regarding bitcoin cash and hope they give to you those coins.
Zenithar

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 11:59:41 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2017, 05:48:41 PM by Zenithar

As you said that people are getting confused that other people are making something foolish but I want to know that desktop wallet are better or online websites in these days because I would prefer desktop wallet because it is more protected than website servers because what if there is any bad happened with bitcoin in the end of 1 August.
yes desktop wallet is more safe and specially when there is possiblality of hard fork where people have worry about that bitcoins that are in exchanges can missed. but i am hopeful that nothing is going to happen like that and bitcoin will even remain as safe in online wallets and exchagnes. i am hopeful that bitcoin price will continue increase after 1st August event.
futile-resistance

Merit: 516

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 01:56:31 PM

You should leave you coins were there are as Notting serious will happen now. Bitcoin has it own way of fighting back it political enemies especially those that desire to split the network for their political gain. August 1 will come and go and we the bitcoin enthusiast will laugh last.
I will agree with you. People start worrying about their trade when any kind of fall happened they don’t that there will be a rise after that. Holding bitcoin is something that needs patience so everyone should be patient. And Bitcoin has a lot of potential to fight with any difficulty and enemy of any kind. It will fight and you will see no one will be able to compete.
The_Dark_Knight

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 12:56:36 AM

Bitcoin is doing well at the moment, despite the fact that the new altcoin bitcoin cash is now the number four coin only behind bitcoin, ethereum and ripple, bitcoin has done a very good job maintaining its price and I think from now on things are going to be even better.
betlord90

Activity: 630

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 01:52:10 AM

Bitcoin is doing well at the moment, despite the fact that the new altcoin bitcoin cash is now the number four coin only behind bitcoin, ethereum and ripple, bitcoin has done a very good job maintaining its price and I think from now on things are going to be even better.

People shouldn't be worry on what would happen to bitcoin now since as we can read on highlighted news on this furom btc transaction is so fine as before and bcc will just be an another altcoin that compete to another alts on exchange but seriously bcc got more attention and maybe this coin could rise up within this few days ahead since their are millions of dollars investments putted on it.
neo666

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 09:11:11 AM

Use Electrum wallet, it's safe, well at least has been for years  Smiley Mycelium is also a good option  Wink
guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 08:01:18 PM

Use Electrum wallet, it's safe, well at least has been for years  Smiley Mycelium is also a good option  Wink
I second your thought about the electrum. Electrum has been serving traders for many years without any drawback. What I like most about this wallet is that anyone can operate it easily. I have never bumped into any case of electrum being hacked. The other wallet you have mentioned is also doing good job.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 02:24:18 PM

I second your thought about the electrum. Electrum has been serving traders for many years without any drawback. What I like most about this wallet is that anyone can operate it easily. I have never bumped into any case of electrum being hacked. The other wallet you have mentioned is also doing good job.
I also used electrum for about a year now and it is the best wallet for me because i don't encounter any problem during my usage of electrum wallet and in fact, it is very easy to use and i can control my own money even the fees are very flexible which i like in electrum and i am not planning to use other wallet because i found the best one.
CAPT.DEADPOOL

Activity: 854
Merit: 102

PHORE

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 03:05:53 PM

buy the cheap coin then wait to high if if see you are get a profit you sell it dont hold a any coin that my strategy buy and sell

Shutup

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 03:49:15 PM

Ok so here's the thing

I have a few bitcoins on btce.com and a few on a [Suspicious link removed] wallet and I've noticed the price dropped really fast the last week.
Me being a newbie and didn't quite know what was going on read something about segwit and hardfork
I learned that it would be wise not to leave the bitcoins on btce but store them somewhere else.
Is blockchain a good wallet to store the coins in during the hardfork? Or should I get another wallet?
When the coin splits I obviously want to end up with both the old an the new coin of course.

Or does someone maybe have a better idea what I should do with them?

It's not a whole lot in total, it's about 0.15 BTC or so
I wuold do moving forward until such time that I become rich at bitcoin.Whenever bitcoin is going up and down I will remain loyal to bitcoin.Come what may bitcoin is my only hope for the future.
michkima

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 04:05:24 PM

Ok so here's the thing

I have a few bitcoins on btce.com and a few on a [Suspicious link removed] wallet and I've noticed the price dropped really fast the last week.
Me being a newbie and didn't quite know what was going on read something about segwit and hardfork
I learned that it would be wise not to leave the bitcoins on btce but store them somewhere else.
Is blockchain a good wallet to store the coins in during the hardfork? Or should I get another wallet?
When the coin splits I obviously want to end up with both the old an the new coin of course.

That is indeed not a lot. But even though it is small, it is good practice to use software wallets or hardware ones as those are the most secure thing you'll have to protect your bitcoins and it would be your best friend. Always remember that even if it is small, as the prices go up, it could potentially be worth a lot more in the future.
paul gatt

Activity: 896

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 04:15:22 PM

Ok so here's the thing

Yes, this is correct. Segwit2x will be implemented to the blockchain on August 1 and this (may) cause a hard fork to happen. The best method to secure yourself from this is to buy up a hardware wallet and store your Bitcoins on that along with the private key being next to you and only accessible by you.
I see a stupid guy here, you do not really understand segwit. 1/8 day is not a hard fork, and what happens is just a basic solution that is proposed.
webdevmastery

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 07:42:26 PM

You should leave you coins were there are as Notting serious will happen now. Bitcoin has it own way of fighting back it political enemies especially those that desire to split the network for their political gain. August 1 will come and go and we the bitcoin enthusiast will laugh last.
I will agree with you. People start worrying about their trade when any kind of fall happened they don’t that there will be a rise after that. Holding bitcoin is something that needs patience so everyone should be patient. And Bitcoin has a lot of potential to fight with any difficulty and enemy of any kind. It will fight and you will see no one will be able to compete.

When i started trading, I usually sell my coins immediately at the lowest price when the value is decreasing and that is a very bad move to do. If it starts to decrease then your mind set should be, you should hold more longer till it rise up again, Because you will just keep losing your budget if you do it that way all over and over again.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: