Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:51:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: **UNITE BEHIND LITECOIN** (Why?)  (Read 5520 times)
peacefulmind (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 08:20:02 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2013, 11:49:13 AM by peacefulmind

The alt community should focus all its might on getting Litecoin going as a true BTC alternative, and I will share with you why.  Litecoin was gaining major ground against BTC when the flood of scamcoins happened.

I was speculating about recent shenanigans in general on IRC when I was messaged on IRC that from someone who would definitely know that some of the flood of altcoins is being done purposefully by BITCOIN-ONLY adherents in a Machiavellian attempt to discredit Litecoin...as Litecoin was getting close to MAJOR acceptance as *THE* BTC alternative - it was no coincidence that it was at that time the scams hit the alt community like a mack truck!

UNTIL - *one* alt gets widespread acceptance (and IMHO) Litecoin is the most fairly distributed, was the first scrypt based with some real advantages over BTC, and LTC has some real existing value, long term track record, and the ONLY CHANCE to break the BITCOIN MONOPOLY NOW BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE.

I would urge the alt community to stop self-destructing!  Push Litecoin together, then later mess with another alt - or there will be NO ALTS.

Stop and *think* they are winning in getting any "altcoin" automatically seen as a scam!

Uniting behind Litecoin acceptance is a last hope at this point IMHO.  Certain people you may know of from the Wiki, here, and in the ASIC business who HATE Litecoin and have done everything to keep Litecoin out of the press and off of Wikipedia are trying to MAKE anything other than Bitcoin be perceived as "scam."  Much trickery and manipulation has been done to protect their BTC only investment MONOPOLY.

Certain BITCOINERS (ASIC Investors/producers/owners, DEVS, HOARDERS) are using Nelson Rockefeller/Nathan Rothschild type tactics to create a CRYPTO-CURRENCY MONOPOLY.  This is the worst possible outcome.

The shills will come to this thread and tell us why they love Feathers, and Royals, and CHN - its all to fracture the effort THAT WAS WORKING to make LTC BIG.

There are new fake accounts here to fracture and divide this community, there is HUGE pressure on GOX and other retailers, service providers etc to *NOT* accept LTC.

Divide and Conquer? Please Stop and Think...this community is being played like a fiddle, divided and broken, - unite behind LTC and win or else *everyone* loses.

THEY FEAR LITECOIN.  They have BIG money to protect, don't let them make you all their fools - I have never seen a community so well manipulated as this one has been since the LTC rise.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

They are fighting us, all out.  Can we put aside differences long enough to win?

Getting LTC widespread acceptance is the KEY to opening the door to other alts, and EVERYONE having a seat at the table - if we do not stop it now cryptocurrency will become a monopoly.

I am not much for soap boxing - but I felt this needed to be shared.  Do you want a market of cryptocurrencies or a single one?  Unless one is pushed into the public now the chance will be GONE.  Best.

---edit---

I have about 1000 LTC.  Not even worthy of mentioning.  I am not an early hoarder of either currency - however I care about the future of my money.  Personally I have more fiat value in the Bitcoins I have mined, than the Litecoins.

This is of interest to me because of the corporate takeover of BTC that is happening.

I predicted the Litecoin hate and here it comes pouring into this thread - I posted this because I truly believe that we need to establish a majorly accepted Bitcoin alternative NOW before it is too late.

This is deeply important if you care about what type of cryptocurrency future we have.

SAY NO TO A ONE CURRENCY MONOPOLY.

There is mega-corporate attention and takeover of crypto-currency underway, and they are focusing on Bitcoin to do it.  An alt (Litecoin IMHO) keeps this a democratized system where the people create money - not a central ASIC authority.

these people are not our friends -

BitInstant Introduces Bain Capital to Bitcoin – Charlie Shrem and Erik Voorhees represented BitInstant (and by extension Bitcoin itself) [to Bain Capital] at the Money 2020 conference in Las Vegas from October 22-24, which focused on emerging and innovative financial services. BitInstant managed to get a booth directly next to that of PayPal, and Charlie Shrem reports that the president of Bain Capital, a firm now famous for its connection to US presidential candidate Mitt Romney, had breakfast with him and Voorhees, and responded very positively to Bitcoin when the two introduced the currency and the Blockchain mobile Bitcoin client to him.  - !!!!!!!!! -

https://bitcoinfoundation.org/  - all of you have greed making you blind.

These self appointed corporate saviors do NOT speak for a lot of us.

Litecoin FIRST opens the way for more alts later and secures a future OWNED by the people that can STAY anonymous and free.
 This is what is important to me - not personal profit motive.  The fact that all of the haters assume it is about personal profit shows that is WHAT IS IMPORTANT TO THEM!

Quote from: FrictionlessCoin
"I think you are to hung up on this notion about 'pre-mining' being a No-No."
- from journeys into the dark depths of the alt coin forum....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AlternativeCypt

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 08:23:22 AM

Oh, I see.
sterob

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 08:23:33 AM

Copy pasta reply from altcoin hate (possible scamer who wanted to buy alt coin cheap):
"Litecoin is premined. The insiders mined crap load of block when it was released. Now i cant mine them with large quantity anymore. It must be a scam."

Frizz23

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 08:28:21 AM

**UNITE BEHIND LITECOIN** (Why?)
[... lots of crap deleted ...]

Why? Because you have lots of them. That's why.

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
saudibull

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 08:34:58 AM

Well, I agree to the extent that people, especially here need to focus more on BitCoin and LiteCoin - We are all here because of one thing, BitCoin, we all want BTC to succeed, around the world. We want to push it, advertise it, have more and more people accepting it so our BitCoin will be worth more in the long run, as well as having this type of currency as a alternative to the "almighty" dollar - It's not a bad thing to have a "silver" to the "gold" such as LTC, I see no reason why both cannot coincide with each other.  Yes we can all make money pumping and dumping all these useless alt. coins, but we still have a lot of mountain left to help BTC and LTC climb -
Goldmember

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 09:13:32 AM

If there is a strategy to defame LTC I would say it failed miserably. With every scam coin it becomes clear that the only two hard currencies we have are BTC and LTC. Anything else is a risky, but often profitable, gamble.
hope2907

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 09:21:46 AM

i see ltc at long term invest, other (except btc) are quick bump and dump with hope it will hit exchanged
Operatr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 09:40:42 AM

If anything all of these garbagecoins are making your case for you, as BTC and LTC are granddaddies of them all.

Noitev

Activity: 812
Merit: 505

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 09:45:21 AM

Replace all instances of Litecoin and LTC with Tenebrix and TBX. Litecoin wasn't the first scypt miner and only has ground because people are sad they aren't making a profit with their gpus on bitcoin anymore /thread
Vycid

Activity: 336

♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 09:45:27 AM

... blah, blah, blah...

I am not much for soap boxing - but I felt this needed to be shared.  Do you want a market of cryptocurrencies or a single one?  Unless one is pushed into the public now the chance will be GONE.  Best.

Oh, I want there to be one. Absolutely. I consider it a huge convenience that dollars are the only currency I have to deal with and worry about in day to day life. I suspect others feel the same.

I don't really care if Bitcoin, Litecoin, or something else wins out in the end, so long as crypto gains widespread adoption. In my mind, the alts' sole purpose is to innovate in ways Bitcoin is too big and slow and entrenched to attempt. If that means another coin ends up being deemed technically superior, good; then it shouldn't need my help being adopted over Bitcoin.

PS: it is my suspicion that any coin which needs its major stakeholders to beg for more support is not going to overturn Bitcoin.

Noitev

Activity: 812
Merit: 505

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 09:48:06 AM

one more thing, it's pretty funny how he makes BTC the oppressive regime in here. lol
Caesar V

Activity: 369

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 09:58:39 AM

**UNITE BEHIND LITECOIN** (Why?)
[... lots of crap deleted ...]

Why? Because you have lots of them. That's why.

+1
skyangel

Activity: 301
Merit: 260

FLO dev

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 10:00:44 AM

I'm stopping to think about it...

Punkonjunk

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

Hey, eat this snail quick

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 10:14:39 AM

oh wow. I'd never seen the altcoin hate until now, like geniune, bitcoin is the one true god stuff.

That's nuts, man. I like scrypt. If someone CAN make more money mining litecoins, or more bitcoin, why is that bad?

How does that hurt bitcoin or hurt anyone? If no one buys litecoins, well then, it wouldn't work. Clearly, it has some value.... isn't this the advantage to a decentralized currency? no banks, regulation, or rulers, just de facto values assigned based on what one is willing to pay?

liked my post? LTC to: LYeSMuyDBFufBehK59A9GmMjby6iVw8Kux
Or BTC to: 18YsfMVtqNbrpJuPZaAbifWNYuiUHQZwR8
If there is a wall of text up there, sorry. I can't help it. I'm usually running on about 80oz of coffee a day. If it's complete nonsense, sorry. I haven't had my coffee.
GIANNAT
Legendary

Activity: 1038
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin entrepreneur and Pro Trader

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 10:18:25 AM

Market will decide. As for now the only strong and most traded currency are BTC and LTC, all the others will shade and disappear in a week or so (see chinacoin and feathercoin and other ponzi). The only people defending these "coins" are the unlucky/stupid bagholder.

add1ct3dd

Activity: 657
Merit: 270

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 10:23:35 AM

Love the altcoin hate (people who hate on litecoin particularly), guess BTCers are scared, or just stupid/ignorant/12.
Impaler

Activity: 826

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 10:29:05 AM

Our resent spat of alt-coins are pump and dumps that are in no way some kind of grand conspiracy against BTC, you people see conspiracies everywhere.  It's just that after the BTc bubble popped and its value has leveled out their is no quick profit their and scamers start scamming again.

Now SOME of the people here are interested in genuinely innovative concepts and they deserve a chance to prove themselves.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Zaih

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 10:44:08 AM

Yeh, I can put up with Litecoin..

But that's about it  Grin
skull88

Activity: 683

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 11:07:12 AM

that some of the flood of altcoins is being done purposefully by BITCOIN-ONLY adherents in a Machiavellian attempt to discredit Litecoin
No it's not, it is done by some greedy persons that want to make a quick buck on the back of some people, that's it. Litecoin never was meant to overtake Bitcoin else it wouldn't been promoted as the silver to Bitcoins gold, this knows every person involved with Bitcoin, and nobody fears it.

The only thing I can agree with, It's better to focus your energy on Litecoin than on any of those crapcoins.

BTC: 1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr
LTC: LhvMYEngkKS2B8FAcbnzHb2dvW8n9eHkdp
qiuness

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 11:25:49 AM

unite behind LTC.. .i agree, but if all of us started mining LTC the difficulty would make even big GPU Farms unprofitable.
I mean @ 10GH (which is a good chunk of GPUs) you would make 200$ @ 1000 difficulty, which is right around the corner
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: