Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 02:15:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: what will happen to my coins in blockchain.info on Aug 1  (Read 698 times)
Shawns (OP)

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 08:37:19 PM

Im a bit afraid since 1 augustus is coming quick right now.

I have my coins in my blockchain.info web wallet for over 2 years now, I have my private keys and my account is 100% secured & verified.
All my coins aren't in a imported wallet adress.

Also, will blockchain.info choose for me on what side I'm coming when the split happens? (>Could this be bad?)

I'm new to this whole thing thats going to happen on August 1.

Let me know!

Shawn

ChironRegera

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 09:34:48 PM

I have my coins in my blockchain.info web wallet for over 2 years now, I have my private keys and my account is 100% secured & verified.

Also, will blockchain.info choose for me on what side I'm coming when the split happens? (>Could this be bad?)

Let me know!

Shawn

When the split happens, you will retain both coin version and your coins should be safe with your private keys.

BIP 141 support is only at 43%.  For a split not to happen, BIP 91 would have to be implemented before July 31 which is very doubtful given the fact that BIP 91 is currently only at 16%. 

xbiv2

Activity: 560
Merit: 111

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 09:45:44 PM

Let me know!

Shawn

When the split happens, you will retain both coin version and your coins should be safe with your private keys.

BIP 141 support is only at 43%.  For a split not to happen, BIP 91 would have to be implemented before July 31 which is very doubtful given the fact that BIP 91 is currently only at 16%. 

Not realy.
Better use bitcoin-core of 2014 https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/releases/tag/v0.9.1

---------

Have all answers about Aug 1.
Easy topic:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2007635.msg19988238#msg19988238
Complex topic:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2018878.msg20119234#msg20119234

xskl0

Activity: 378
Merit: 260

Bitcoin SV is Bitcoin

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 11:01:02 PM

Don't touch your coins until august 2nd and your coins will be safe. If you have the control of your private keys you can use it in other client and you will have both coins if you want and hardfork happens.

BUY / SELL bitcoins  --->  https://bit2me.com/?r=ryOV8xZNb
aTriz

Activity: 1218
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 11:30:34 PM

Let me know!

Shawn

Since you do have access to all your private keys, you should be safe, just try not to make any transactions until August the first, since it might be unsafe until that date. No need to worry, you did well saving your private keys, although I would totally recommend swapping wallets to Electrum or a form of cold storage. They really are safer and more convenient and you already have your private keys so it should be quite easy to import wallets for you.

jorneyflair

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 11:54:06 PM

Let me know!

Shawn

Well, blockchain isn't liked by a lot of people on this forum since they do think it is unsafe, but since you do have access to your private keys, it should be alright. Even if blockchain becomes unsafe, you can just transfer it to another wallet and then use it from there. Should be all good though, you can read the statement that blockchain has released related to segwit.

No need to worry, you did well saving your private keys, although I would totally recommend swapping wallets to Electrum or a form of cold storage. They really are safer and more convenient and you already have your private keys so it should be quite easy to import wallets for you.

Not a bad idea, swapping to a hardware wallet would be beneficial for you and be safer than your current wallet.
Amevalentine

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 12:49:26 AM

theymos has been writing the guide line, what you should to do
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2012799.0

keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 03:24:55 AM

I was curious to this also because I use blockchain as my hot wallet. I don't keep much there but I keep spending money there so I'll be following this thread. From most of the reports I've read, all coins should be moved from exchanges and potentially coinbase?  Not too sure about coinbase, I have read conflicting reports.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: