Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:35:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoin - Scam or not ?  (Read 2760 times)
Prodigan786

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 05:35:45 AM

The easiest way to find scam is go to website find out developers profile and vision if you don't find them there is max chance for scam.Even find the community of coin atleast related article.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rj Manik

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 05:43:01 AM

Have you researched?And it is now impossible.It is now known to the world cryptocurrency market.so there is nothing to worry about it,that's its scam.
NJB18

Activity: 663

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 05:51:32 AM

The easiest way to find scam is go to website find out developers profile and vision if you don't find them there is max chance for scam.Even find the community of coin atleast related article.

I highly agree. Look for well-known and reputable crypto news or business news and if these coins are featured in their articles then it is another additional point to them as not scam. Because some websites appear beautifully made that it looks not scam at all. Profiles can easily be stolen. That's what other scam projects do.
PANK21

Activity: 342
Merit: 108

Bounty Detective

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 06:00:43 AM

How to identify whether an altcoin is scam or not?
This happened with me today. I bought ACRN coin from yobit yesterday for 0.01btc and today morning its price was 1 satoshi Undecided Doomed!!
Altcoin is not a scam. You just happen to mistakenly buy wrong coin or you are not reading carefully. First of all you must read carefully and research as much as you want to know if you want to buy a coin , you must know if its safe and it has a value but we all makes mistakes so just be careful next time and dont make any haste decision that you might regret.

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Telegram Channel|Twitter|Telegram Group|Youtube Channel
michellee

Activity: 2758
Merit: 840

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 07:44:10 AM

This happened with me today. I bought ACRN coin from yobit yesterday for 0.01btc and today morning its price was 1 satoshi Undecided Doomed!!
Altcoin is not a scam. You just happen to mistakenly buy wrong coin or you are not reading carefully. First of all you must read carefully and research as much as you want to know if you want to buy a coin , you must know if its safe and it has a value but we all makes mistakes so just be careful next time and dont make any haste decision that you might regret.

if the coins is on the market, then the coins is not scam although this is not guarantee but as long as there is any movement of the coins in the market, then the coin still have a chance to go up. I think he make a mistake when he bought the coins at the highest price and I think the coin is new comer and it makes people to buy in rush and suddenly the price is drop to the bottom. next time, maybe you don't have to go to new coin if you are not sure. I think its better to buy for a coin that already listed in the market than buy a new coin which getting temporary pump.

..BITWINUP..
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████░░██░░████████▄
██████░░░░░░░░░▀████████
█████████░░████▄░░████████
▐█████████░░████▀░░████████▌
▐█████████░░░░░░░░░░▀██████▌
▐█████████░░███████░░██████▌
███████▀▀░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄███████
▀██████▄▄██▄▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
UP OR DOWN?
.BITCOIN. PVP PREDECTION GAME

VS
▄███████████████████████▄
██                     ██
██  █████████████████  ██
██  ▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▀  ██
█▀  ▄███████████████▄  ▀█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██  ▄▄▄▄▄ ███ ███ ▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  █████▄ ▀███▀ ▄█████  ██
██  ███████▄▄▄▄▄███████  ██
██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ██
███████████████████████████
MONTHLY
JACKPOT
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████▀▀██████████████▄
▄███▀░░▄▄░░▀▀███████████▄
▄███░░▄█████▄░████████████▄
████░░▀██████▀▀░░░░░▀██████
█████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄▄████▄░░█████
▀███████▄▄▄██░▀█████░░████▀
▀███████████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄███▀
▀█████████████▄▄▄█████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.Play to earn Crypto.
mudasarali43

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 12:34:36 PM

There are maximum numbers and big capitalization on altcoin and there is no any reason to scam altcoins,
HastyQuynh

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 12:50:38 PM

This may be the stupidest question I have ever read. You should know thoroughly about bitcoin before joining this market
lupinvn

Activity: 167
Merit: 10

Vietnamese Translator - Bounty manager

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 01:04:38 PM

Your money, you have to secure it by yourself. Before invest in any coin, you should spend a little time for researching about it. You can go to coinmarketcap and find its informations. I usually interest in coins which have high volume, new, trusted developer,.... Or if you just want to trade coin fast, you just need to buy coin which have up trend or at the bottom of its line. lol.
Good luck!

restumaulana

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 01:10:44 PM

Oh please accept my condolences, next time you must be carefull to use your money in a good ways, maybe you can spend a little time to find and read the website, whitepaper, developer and many other information about your coin before you make a decision

FrankNoland
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 01:37:01 PM

Your situation is quite funny, but anyway let just hope that the 1 satoshi will change to 1000 ACRN in a weeks time. For you identify whether an ICO is a scam or not, you should read their whiterpaper, understand what the project is all about and determine the benefits from investing in it. The project should be transparent enough to give you hope that the team will deliver what ever they are promisng, I hope you get your outstanding coins. Wink

Digital asset exchange for settlement, clearing, custody and trading of various digital assets, utilizing distributed ledger technologies, programmed on the blockchain -https://bex.global
yanto@1977

Activity: 686

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 01:59:57 PM

No one knows altcoin future, even we have knowledge and experience, the real market has their own answer. Most people identify coin to replace their money depending on their own experience and news. They have their own opinion and we can't control it, their money their call. Altcoin also has risk and people should understand before starting invest/ trade. Keep learning and deal the risk. See you next time.

melted349

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 02:43:58 PM

Think of alt coins double or nothing. Most are no good and some can get you alot. So you have to "read inbetween the lines"
Reading is a must here in bitcoin world most importantly when you are in here trading you must read and make a research for what coin you would buy it is important it would be your advantage when buying some coin.
phr0stbyt3

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 02:53:30 PM

You can really judge if a coin is scam now atleast. In past developers posted a thread about the details about their coin and some people even started running signature camapaigns for their coin now those type of coins are legit eg byteball.
Nowadays a new coin means ico the passion of creating coins for the community is gone not saying all coins are scam but now for all only the money raised matters and nothing else
nogoodcoin

Activity: 370

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 02:55:40 PM

The situation you met is normal in crypto world, thinking about Mtgox, that's the disaster .
It's hardly to distinguish scam coin or not, I think it's up to luck, there is not any way to clear that.

▄█
            ██  ██
           ██  ████
          ██  ██  ██
         ██  ██    ██
        ██  ██  ██  ██
       ██  ██    ██  ██
      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
     ██  ██  ████  ██  ██
    ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
   ██  ██  ██    ██  ██  ██
  ██  ██  ██████████  ██  ██
 ██                    ██  ██
█████████████████████▄  ██  █
                         ██
▀███████████████████████████

█████ █   █ █████      ███          █████████████▄▄    ████            ████     ▄▄██████████      ▄▄██████████
  █   █   █ █         █████         ████████████████    ████          ████     █████████████     █████████████
  █   █████ █████    ███████        ███         ▀███     ████        ████     ███▀              ███▀
  █   █   █ █        ███ ███        ███          ███      ████      ████      ███               ███
  █   █   █ █████   ███   ███       ███          ███       ████    ████       ███               ███
                    ███   ███       ███         ▄███        ████  ████        ███▄              ███▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▀          ████████          ██████████▄▄      ██████████▄▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▄           ██████            ▀▀██████████      ▀▀██████████
                  ███       ███     ███         ▀███           ████                      ▀███              ▀███
                  █████████████     ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███████████████    ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███         ███    ███         ▄███           ████                      ▄███              ▄███
                ███           ███   ████████████████           ████           ██████████████    ██████████████
                ███           ███   █████████████▀▀            ████           ███████████▀▀     ███████████▀▀

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
TOKEN-SALE : Apr 16 2018
     DAICO :       May 16 2018

ANN Thread  ■  Whitepaper
■  Twitter
■  Telegram
■  Facebook
Giapmanhdong

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:27:09 PM

This is a silly question. Get it thoroughly before asking questions
Sarah08

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:56:06 PM

Not at all!Just make a research about altcoins and you will know about it.Because in my personal info I am having benefits in altcoins and earning it.People think that altcoin is a scam because it is in an online or just a cryptocurrency.And many managers or investors were cheating on it.Thats why they think it is a scam.But really it is growing now and becoming successful and well known in the crypto world
sukamasoto
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

Black Panther

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:04:28 PM

Not at all!Just make a research about altcoins and you will know about it.Because in my personal info I am having benefits in altcoins and earning it....

SInce altcoin so massively being born recently and it's often scam people
But not all altcoin did that but overall I can say that owning altcoin is more riskier than bitcoin so just make sure that you're investing the good one based on community feedback

▄._      
                                       ▀█████████▀ 
                                     ,▄▓████████   
                                ╓▄▓███████████▀   
                           ╓▄▓███████▀╙.  ▀█     
                      ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄▄▄▄███         
                 ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄,  ▓███████        
           .▄▄▓██████▀▀╙▄▄▓████▌ ████████         
      .▄▄███████▀▀╙▄▄  ▐███████▌ ████████         
 .▄▄███████▀▀ ▐▄▄▓████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
╙█████▀▀▐▄▄▓  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████        
 ╙▀ ▄▄▓█████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████             
trademaniac

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:48:39 PM

Not at all!
Just make a research about altcoins. I think it's worth checking first, than buying anything.
Check new project https://blackmooncrypto.com/  Is promising.

wildflower18

Activity: 714

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:54:00 PM

It depends on what altcoins you are going to invest. There are many altcoin that is profitable and not so let's do our own research before investing our money. It is still the best to check thoroughly their project if the outcomes is nice and good.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
jzone23

Activity: 194

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 03:29:06 AM

Investing on altcoin could be a good opportunity and investment to get profits but knowing the fact that lots of scammers are promoting investment in form of altcoins to scam people so before making any investment make a research first.

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: