Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:05:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain looks like they're releasing a 15GH/s DASH miner called the AntMiner D3  (Read 299576 times)
collectiveseven

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 11:38:19 AM

Got 50 in the latest batch Smiley

Total of 120 now Smiley
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
thesavoyard

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 11:41:46 AM

Total of 120 now Smiley

I wish I could have a full on farm. Not in western Europe though. Electricity is too damn high. Maybe if I can get industrial rates.

BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 12:20:05 PM

Total of 120 now Smiley
You're not very smart are you? Truly. You have no idea what you're doing and you go all in on a server that hashes an Algo, that is about to be swamped. Just brilliant. Also, please do keep bragging on open forums. I hope it helps your weak flagging ego.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
BenRickert

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 12:29:49 PM

As expected, the November batch is never gonna sold out, they're just gonna keep on pumping them out like toasters lol

With

Pinidea
Ibelink
Baikal
Innsolicon
Bitmain

All dumping X11 equip in Oct or if late 1 or 2 weeks into November, I expect a lot of
Toaster doorstops. I got 1 $2,600 D3 2nd batch ships 18 to 28th September.

Got caught up in hype and got $1,600 3rd batch (dubious) November.

My view I need the 100% equip deduction. If lucky I see 14 month plus roi even with the above equip deduction.

So imho, hell yes bitmain is having a fire sale.

Oh well. Not my wisest asic boat to hop on. I will likely lose 25% in reality with electric on this play. Live and learn.

Got to pop up a ball once in awhile, at the plate I guess?

Toaster city is likely on D3's, weekly, imho. But folk may be wising up.

Still on sale 1/2 day later....they may have lots yet to move and little time to do so.

You think the D3 is more toaster in comparison with the l3+?  Huh
Yes, there are for more Scrypt coins to mine than X-11. X-11 one trick pony.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
Savik

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 01:13:32 PM

This just seems to be getting crazy. Is Bitmain solely trying to flood the X11 market to stop other manufacturers from getting a toehold? I can't imagine there will be much profitability for these most recent batches once they arrive, but I guess that's what we always say about a new miner?

margal97

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 02:11:06 PM

Anyone can give an advice on Alternative PSU for Antminer D3.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1600W-200V-240V-Power-Supply-For-Ethereum-Miner-Support-12-Graphics-Card-47-63Hz-/332316496230?hash=item4d5f9b5166%3Ag%3AUKEAAOSwF09ZdXA3
This one seems like a good choice. Please help.
thesavoyard

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 02:46:26 PM

@BenRickert

Lol, you're a bit of a twat. There are more than a dozen coins to mine on x11. Dash is a much better performer than LTC has ever been.

wolf_miner
Legendary

Activity: 1018
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 03:46:56 PM

The strange things are that there aren't real image or tests of D3, also the power consumption of 1200w is strangely high if compared with other competitors . I hope that BITMAIN will do the magician and will deliver us a D3 with better power consumption.
Bibi187

Merit: 106

https://steemit.com/@bibi187

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 04:29:17 PM

The strange things are that there aren't real image or tests of D3, also the power consumption of 1200w is strangely high if compared with other competitors . I hope that BITMAIN will do the magician and will deliver us a D3 with better power consumption.

Hope same here, if we compare specs from other builder, D3 is far away on W per H/s, but rly good on H/s per dollars.
Anyway i am like a kid, i want my 2x d3 september release now !

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 8906

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 04:30:32 PM

Pinidea
Ibelink
Baikal
Innsolicon
Bitmain

Most of these are vaporware though... and even the D3 is a high-risk preorder 3 months out but at least there is a decent chance that Bitmain is actually capable of doing what they're promising. I'd be surprised if anyone else will deliver a competitive product, on time, and within promised specs.

Having said that, I wish EVERYBODY WOULD JUST STOP BUYING THE D3!!!! Boycott Bitmain NOW! Give me a chance to ROI Grin

I think the opposite is more likely. The competitors will fall short on promises, if they deliver at all.
bearsworth

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 04:56:53 PM

Pinidea
Ibelink
Baikal
Innsolicon
Bitmain

Most of these are vaporware though... and even the D3 is a high-risk preorder 3 months out but at least there is a decent chance that Bitmain is actually capable of doing what they're promising. I'd be surprised if anyone else will deliver a competitive product, on time, and within promised specs.

Having said that, I wish EVERYBODY WOULD JUST STOP BUYING THE D3!!!! Boycott Bitmain NOW! Give me a chance to ROI Grin

I think the opposite is more likely. The competitors will fall short on promises, if they deliver at all.

I think Bitmain should stop releasing them like a common appliance, but Bitmain does deliver its product. It may delay but they will deliver. I believe Innosilicon does not delay but I could be wrong. Instead Innosilicon provides underperforming hardware.

Bitrated user: cryptomark.
sil2222

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 05:18:11 PM

Pinidea
Ibelink
Baikal
Innsolicon
Bitmain

I think Bitmain should stop releasing them like a common appliance, but Bitmain does deliver its product. It may delay but they will deliver. I believe Innosilicon does not delay but I could be wrong. Instead Innosilicon provides underperforming hardware.

Im really want to see Inno A5 dash master in action. I think they may not be able to meet advertised spec,but i could be wrong. If you read Ibelink DM11G support page on Dash Forums you will see miners are under performing hash rates at 7.5-8ghs for a few owners also a few miners delivered not working. The worst part is The DM11G seems to get screwy at 35c temp and start to throttle down hash rate. Ibelink says this is so no damage happens to boards, but 35c is a very low temp how can a miner this powerful be kept running at a steady 35c without water cooling ? I dont think this temp is achievable even the Baikal cube ran at a steady 39c average,but hash was only 300 mhs. Ibelink expects owners to run 11 ghs at a steady 35c ?
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 05:31:48 PM

Pinidea
Ibelink
Baikal
Innsolicon
Bitmain

Im really want to see Inno A5 dash master in action. I think they may not be able to meet advertised spec,but i could be wrong. If you read Ibelink DM11G support page on Dash Forums you will see miners are under performing hash rates at 7.5-8ghs for a few owners also a few miners delivered not working. The worst part is The DM11G seems to get screwy at 35c temp and start to throttle down hash rate. Ibelink says this is so no damage happens to boards, but 35c is a very low temp how can a miner this powerful be kept running at a steady 35c without water cooling ? I dont think this temp is achievable even the Baikal cube ran at a steady 39c average,but hash was only 300 mhs. Ibelink expects owners to run 11 ghs at a steady 35c ?

This does appear to be a very low temp before performance is affected.  Also those numbers for hash rate also match the numbers we were seeing with the box they had online for all of the forum preorder hysteria.  We were told we were full of "stuff" when we pointed out there appeared to be some sort of issue.  The miner would go offline and come back and hash normally for a while then fall off again. 

So now we are starting to get more of the story which matches what we saw for those of us who were looking at this closely and considering buying one.  If not for the crazy markups and constantly changing price of the "resellers" here on this forum I probably would have pulled the trigger.  Glad I didn't now that these reports are coming in.  It sounds like iBelink is flooded with support tickets.

Thanks for sharing the info about this appearing on the Dash forum.  I would have expected forum members who bought these to have started chiming in here on this forum.  It looks like people started getting their miners last week if the support thread dates are any indication.

youni

Activity: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 05:58:08 PM

Pinidea
Ibelink
Baikal
Innsolicon
Bitmain

Where did you get a number like 35C? Most of the issues I've seen from the thread are machines running in the high 39C to 40C which is causing the slower hashrates.  As for running steady 11G at around 35C, it is possible. Mine has been running for 2 days now and i'm getting temps in the low 30s.  My miner is just in a regular a/c cooled room.
https://i.imgur.com/Kxma1T8.jpg
BenRickert

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 07:15:35 PM

@BenRickert

Lol, you're a bit of a twat. There are more than a dozen coins to mine on x11. Dash is a much better performer than LTC has ever been.
You're an ignorant fool. When has Scrypt mining suffered anywhere NEAR this level of hashing assault to a very meager network. Maybe you should take a look at the number of coins that adopt scrypt versus X11 at inception before you go blowing stupidity out your pie hole. I've been in the financial institutional trading world for 30+ years. There is so much an idiot like you can't even begin to fathom behind the scenes. It's best to let people think you're an idiot than to post something that proves it. Like you just did. Speaking of "twats"....how is your mom anyway?

thesavoyard

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 08:15:37 PM

@BenRickert

You're an ignorant fool. When has Scrypt mining suffered anywhere NEAR this level of hashing assault to a very meager network. Maybe you should take a look at the number of coins that adopt scrypt versus X11 at inception before you go blowing stupidity out your pie hole. I've been in the financial institutional trading world for 30+ years. There is so much an idiot like you can't even begin to fathom behind the scenes. It's best to let people think you're an idiot than to post something that proves it. Like you just did. Speaking of "twats"....how is your mom anyway?

I take it back, you're a complete twat. A lying one at that.

QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 09:19:28 PM

I thought its drop another hundred buck but its didnt
Maybe next batch they'll drop another $51 and sell it for $1399

I am waiting for next type, D3+ maybe for double hash
We all are mate

I'm not. Who is this "we" you speak of?

8-P

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 09:20:34 PM

Is it just me or are there a LOT more batches going out than the L3+ had?

A lot more batches but the batches seem to be mostly small.

Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 09:25:09 PM

@BenRickert

You're an ignorant fool. When has Scrypt mining suffered anywhere NEAR this level of hashing assault to a very meager network.

When the A2 was released - though it had already been taking SOME hit from the Gridseed 3355 based stuff by then.

The L3+ is also putting a serious jump on diff but so far only 2-3x (plus the A4 has put SOME in as well).

10x in a 3-4- month period, not since the first GPU miners showed up.

MoneyJ

Activity: 1022
Merit: 504

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 02:04:01 AM

D3 is a promising x11 miner . But  I have been skeptical to this day about the delivery in batches . Why  is it that when Bitmain products are being posted, it is not readily available? Testing period ? Come on , if you ordered the item , it is yours and paid for it full. That is why I do not support mining.

█████████████████████████████
████▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀████▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███▀ ███████▄ ██ ▄██████▄ ███
███ ████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████████████
███▄ ███████▀ █▄ ▀██████▀▀███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄████
.GoMeat.  300+ STORES ALREADY ONBOARD
 THE FIRST PROJECT OF ITS KIND

ONLY 160K TOKENS REMAINING
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: