Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:39:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain looks like they're releasing a 15GH/s DASH miner called the AntMiner D3  (Read 299589 times)
Sweetbtc

Activity: 938
Merit: 503

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 05:48:15 PM

It is been released it's just not available to the common public thank god. It works okay nothing special although it is the first way of really seem to spontaneously create dash out of nothing it will be made available to the public in about 4 months.

.TONUP..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
...JOIN NOW...
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
daadog

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

SHPING Presale:22-31 JAN / Crowdsale:22 FEB-23 MAR

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 06:02:21 PM

Looks nice, but the difficuilty will spike, let's hope the price follows the diff.

SHPING | | A cryptocurrency for shopper marketing and rewards
Token Sale | | Bitcointalk ANN | | Bounty Program | | Telegram
PRESALE: 22 - 31 Jan | | CROWDSALE: 22 Feb - 23 Mar
wolf_miner
Legendary

Activity: 1018
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 06:05:52 PM

Hi, how many antminer D3 will be sold yesterday? One hundred, five hundred, one thousand or more?

Cheers W_M
Tmdz

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 06:06:19 PM

Bitmain is absolutely ruthless these days, this company is going to own almost all of the asic market!!
Albortz

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Tax Attorney - Investor - Entrepreneur

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 06:49:58 PM

Bitmain is absolutely ruthless these days, this company is going to own almost all of the asic market!!

Wouldn't you if you were them?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
CryptoCrane (OP)

Activity: 384
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 06:52:53 PM

Hi, how many antminer D3 will be sold yesterday? One hundred, five hundred, one thousand or more?

Cheers W_M

My guess is between 500 and 1500. We'll likely never know, but it wouldn't make sense to build less than that for a first batch. I got quite a few right before starting this thread 😅.

CryptoCrane (OP)

Activity: 384
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 07:01:05 PM

I know Bitmain receives a lot of crap from people who want cheaper miners, but I'm always surprised they don't charge way more than they do. These D3s, for example, would have sold out nearly as quickly if priced at $5k - yet Bitmain chooses $2700 because they know the pending difficulty increase will decrease profitability. I miss when Bitmain used to release how profitable each of their miners were (by batch, measured in bitcoin) had you started running them 24/7 after delivery based on a reasonable electric rate. It was always encouraging to see that they intentionally price everything to earn more of the corresponding coin than you would have had if you took the same amount of money and simply purchased the coins. I think they stopped doing this when bitcoin was worth way less since the math no longer worked out in their favor. I believe the introduction of the L3+ and D3 are a return to the pricing models of old.

not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 07:15:52 PM

Hard to find information on this but it looks like the design process of the various manufacturers chips looks something like:

PinIdea      64nm (about 1.5 Mh per Watt)
Baikal        40nm (about 4.6 Mh per Watt)
Bitmain        ?nm (about 12.5 Mh per Watt)  <-assuming it meets the specs at release
iBelink        28nm (about 13.3 Mh per Watt)  
Innosilicon    ?nm (about 40.3 Mh per Watt) <-assuming it meets the specs at release

I would guess that the Bitmain D3 is using a 28nm process and the Innosilicon is using something smaller.  The S9 is 16nm so there is certainly room for an improvement here in terms of efficiency and newer generation miners.  I doubt Innosilicon's chip is 16nm whatever it is.  PinIdea is probably out of this game for good at this point.  They have been releasing miners using the same chip for more than a year and only making miner efficiency gains by playing with chip frequencies.  I don't know if Baikal has anything in the works in terms of new chip designs but their current generation chip is also basically obsolete as soon as any of the other miners hit the market.  We know based on the network hashrate that some of these other miners are certainly real.  iBelink seems pretty well confirmed on all fronts including the specs at this point.  The Bitmain D3 could conceivably change specs prior to release but Bitmain usually comes pretty close on their stated specs vs what they release so I doubt it will move much.  The Innosilicon one is the real question, but if they are using something like 20nm or even 24nm they can make a huge impact in the market even if they don't release for 6 months.  The problem there is that Bitmain is likely to get a more efficient miner in that range inside of a year or so if dash prices justify making it so Innosilicon better drop something soon or Bitmain will just bury them in the longer term.

I am on the fence about trying to grab a D3 if I could get it soon.  But it looks like all of these early generation miners are likely to be money losers.  The network hashrate is in for some really serious increase.  Over the longer term though it will get easier to gauge the profitability of a miner so holding out for a 20nm or smaller miner, which is no doubt a year or more out still, might be a better investment, or at least a more predictable one.
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 07:43:09 PM

I know Bitmain receives a lot of crap from people who want cheaper miners, but I'm always surprised they don't charge way more than they do. These D3s, for example, would have sold out nearly as quickly if priced at $5k - yet Bitmain chooses $2700 because they know the pending difficulty increase will decrease profitability. I miss when Bitmain used to release how profitable each of their miners were (by batch, measured in bitcoin) had you started running them 24/7 after delivery based on a reasonable electric rate. It was always encouraging to see that they intentionally price everything to earn more of the corresponding coin than you would have had if you took the same amount of money and simply purchased the coins. I think they stopped doing this when bitcoin was worth way less since the math no longer worked out in their favor. I believe the introduction of the L3+ and D3 are a return to the pricing models of old.
I agree. Bitmain is a very good company all things considered. Competitive pricing, good customer service, reliable products. Not sure why all the hate. I'll take them over any of their current competitors.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
kalombo

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 08:14:27 PM

The first batch of whatever new machine Bitmain release is a money maker and not a money loser. I wish i had L3+ in the May batch... instead of the September. I don't need to wait in order to know what to buy, yes, in Sept i will need 2 machines to make what i did with one 3 months earlier...

Also, i feel bad for all the people who had up to now, about 600-1200mhs Genesis contract , so much money spent to mine these. And all that will be thrown to the garbage as it will mine nothing in 2 months. ... It's unfair, but that's the world we living in...

It shocks me that even before 2 months, 150mhs and 300mhs Baikal miners were selling for 3000$us a piece lol And now companies came up with 15,000mhs..... i mean.... what can i say lol

ayoungtech

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 08:25:21 PM

...It shocks me that even before 2 months, 150mhs and 300mhs Baikal miners were selling for 3000$us a piece lol And now companies came up with 15,000mhs..... i mean.... what can i say lol

I sold my Baikal Cube and Giant on eBay earlier this week. Glad I was able to get rid of them while I could still pull a profit.

On to bigger and better things.
Tmdz

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 08:39:04 PM

I agree. Bitmain is a very good company all things considered. Competitive pricing, good customer service, reliable products. Not sure why all the hate. I'll take them over any of their current competitors.

Im not hating on them.

They earned their spot for a reason, and as a company they are very fair when it comes to pricing.  But a little more competition would be healthy, I mean competition that treats their customers fairly with on time shipments and correct specs as bitmain does.
Aura

Activity: 518
Merit: 268

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 08:45:41 PM

I'm wondering what will happen with the current difficulty of Dash when those are shipped.
It seems pretty profitable right now but I think that won't be the case anymore when the new batch is available.
kalombo

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 09:00:12 PM

First batch will make good results still. Different from now , but still good.

I am extremely worried for the next batches.... Because this is a lot of Mhs deployed with each batch.... From different companies...
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 10:09:38 PM

Where on bitmain does it say dash miner or x11?

It says X11 somewhere on the product page.

It doesn't specify DASH but DASH is the only major X11-based coin.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 10:12:55 PM

I don't think Bitmain accepted Litecoin for their first batch of L3+ that shipped in early May either. I'm guessing they'll add DASH as a payment option soon. Also, these things are still worth it if difficulty increases 10x. That's still less than 6 months to earn your money back at current DASH prices.

I'm pretty sure the first *2* batches of the L3+, as well as the original L3, were all "cash or bitcoin" payment only.

I expect X11 coin network hashrates to climb quite a bit when Bitmain starts shipping the D3 - but how much depends on how big the initial batch size is.

Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 10:14:19 PM

Innosilicon    ?nm (about 40.3 Mh per Watt) <-assuming it meets the specs at release

Link?

I've not seen mention of Innosilicon getting into X11 miner making anywhere before now.

btcapollo

Activity: 115

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 11:16:17 PM

Link?

I've not seen mention of Innosilicon getting into X11 miner making anywhere before now.

http://www.innosilicon.com.cn/html/news/21.html
btcapollo

Activity: 115

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 12:52:31 AM

Is Dash the only altcoin mining option with the D3? It looks like the other X11 algorithm coins are too small to handle any sizeable increase in hashrate.

mikelee22378

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 01:36:54 AM

Has anyone dealt with another company outside of bitmain for purchasing miners? (bitcoin-miner-store.com) I'm trying to pick one up but don't know how reputable this site is.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: