Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:34:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain looks like they're releasing a 15GH/s DASH miner called the AntMiner D3  (Read 299603 times)
llzzyy234

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 06:32:39 PM

I realize how frustrating it is not to have your order confirmed for 45 days. But you still have 3 weeks to sort it out. Are you using gmail? If so, then just place "BITMAIN Order Details" in the search box. You should have an email with order placement confirmation. If you use some other email service, it should have search option too. Unless you deleted it or provided wrong email in your bitmain account, you should have email confirming your order.

The ship date for your product is Sep 10 or later. Bitmain has three more weeks to resolve the issue. It does appear that when you wired them $$$, you did not include your order number. That would delay crediting your account considerably.

I searched my inbox, the spam folder, and the deleted folder.  And I remember, at the time, "why didn't I receive an email".  Never happened.  They have my proper email on file.  From what I can tell, they send that email when your payment is confirmed, and my payment has never been confirmed.

And my wire transfer did have my order ID in the memo field, and nothing else.  I was extremely clear about this to the bank staff that filed it for me, and I have a copy of their paper work (which I provided to Bitmain) that proves it.  If their brittle, error prone order process got a wire crossed somewhere along the line, that's on them.  Their attempts to paint the situation as user error are just par for the course with how they treat their customers.  The reason they use such a ridiculous payment process is because it is not reversible.  That alone should be a very strong indicator to anyone trying to figure out if they're a scam.

The specific product you ordered from Bitmain is completely irrelevant.  Should I have said 'miner' and not S9?  Probably, but S9's are on my mind for obvious reasons.  Jumping on that as some reason to disregard what I'm saying is disingenuous to the extreme, like criticizing spelling when you don't like the content of someones statement.  Get over it.

Go kick Wu in the shins for me and tell him to send me my order. 

submit a formal complain the government:
http://www.315.gov.cn/

They will get fked if there are enough reports and complains...
of course, you need to be able to read Chinese...but google translate would help
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
greyworld

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 06:36:16 PM

submit a formal complain the government:
http://www.315.gov.cn/

They will get fked if there are enough reports and complains...
of course, you need to be able to read Chinese...but google translate would help

That's a fantastic idea, thanks.

I've also started reaching out to media outlets to get them to cover some of this.  I doubt they really care about one or two botched orders, but what I've experienced and seen others experience lately says it's way past 'one or two'... so who knows, that might get some traction.

'¸ __ ¸*ˆ * ·¸ ____ ¸*ˆ*· ¸ ______________________ ¸ ·*ˆ*¸ ____ ¸· * ˆ*¸ __ ¸'
. `·.,¸¸,.' .CKPOOL.ORG - Zero Fee Anonymous Bitcoin Mining Pool´ . . . '.,¸¸,.·´ .
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ `·.,¸¸,' ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ',¸¸,.·´ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
maleemk

Activity: 304
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 07:31:21 PM

Do yourself a favor:  Go to support.bitmain.com  and read any of the payment threads.

In the entire several years Bitmain previously existed, those threads had maybe two pages of orders with problems.  Many of which seem to get resolved.

In the last two months, all of them now have at least half a dozen new pages all full of the same thing:  "Bitmain took my money, won't confirm my order as paid, did not ship product".

That's exactly what happened to me.

Also, watch out for Bitmain employees paid to post on this forum and elsewhere talking about how trustworthy they are.  Astro-turf is cheap in China.

greyworld, really sorry to hear about your troubles. Do you know that Bitmain intends to go public soon? Since reputation is very important for a successful IPO, it makes no sense for Bitmain to scam here and there on some orders. They will be losing money on their public offering many times more if they scam you for 1 or 2 bitcoins. Are you absolutely sure that you paid Bitmain and paid on its official site? There are a lot of scammers that use nearly identical addresses.

If you placed an order on Bitmain site, then you should immediately get an email asking for an exact payment amount. The email should be only from webmaster@bitmaintech.com

If it is from someone else, it is a scam.

If you placed your order on Bitmain and you have proof of payment, then no worries  - you will get your miner and will profit many times more. Check your order history on Bitmain, and open a support ticket with the transaction ID from bitcoin blockchain. I hope this helps you. If not, reply, and we all will figure out how to help you.

The Email should look like this
BITMAIN Order Paid

Order ID: 0012______01537

Date: 2017-08-19 13:26:49

Total: 94.23213143 LTC

Payment method: LTC Payment

Order Details

Product Name   Price

Antminer D3 × 2

Shipping :24-30 Nov   2900 USD ( 2900 LTC )

APW3++, November Batch × 10

For one S9 or one L3+ or one D3   1050 USD ( 1050 LTC )

Coupon

Discount:   0LTC

Shipping

DHL   466.66USD

Order Total:   94.23213143 LTC

MY ACCOUNT ADDRESS.

░░░░░░░░███████████████████████░░░
░░░░░░░░▀██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀█▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▀
░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░

greyworld

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 07:43:28 PM

( order paid example )

Thanks but I never received anything like that.  I think it's different if you use a wire transfer.  They never marked my order as paid, even though their support staff did, in a message to me, confirm that they received payment.  That was two weeks ago (four weeks after I placed my order and sent payment) and then they said 'wait up to seven days for your order to be marked paid', and then when that time went by I contacted them again and they said 'wait up to three days for your order to be marked paid', and now that that time has gone by as well they just stopped responding.

. `·.,¸¸,.' .CKPOOL.ORG - Zero Fee Anonymous Bitcoin Mining Pool´ . . . '.,¸¸,.·´ .
k1bbles

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 07:52:17 PM

( order paid example )

Thanks but I never received anything like that.  I think it's different if you use a wire transfer.  They never marked my order as paid, even though their support staff did, in a message to me, confirm that they received payment.  That was two weeks ago (four weeks after I placed my order and sent payment) and then they said 'wait up to seven days for your order to be marked paid', and then when that time went by I contacted them again and they said 'wait up to three days for your order to be marked paid', and now that that time has gone by as well they just stopped responding.

No it's exactly the same.  I got one and it was wired in from my bank.  I paid within a couple days of the order and I am showing Paid and Valid (Unshipped of course although I'm on the Sept batch).

If you call in and go to technical support you can get to people who speak English.  Use skype for international calling.  Cheap and easy.  Not saying it will get resolved though.

Bitmain clearly needs to work on their communication with customers.  Without a doubt.  And as had been said if you're that unhappy and feel it's fraudulent then go ahead and open a complaint.  It's absolutely your right to do so.  You might also want to talk to the Chinese consulate in your country - perhaps they can translate for you on a call with them.

Bitrated user: k1bbles.
greyworld

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 07:54:58 PM

No it's exactly the same.  I got one and it was wired in from my bank.  I paid within a couple days of the order and I am showing Paid and Valid (Unshipped of course although I'm on the Sept batch).

If you call in and go to technical support you can get to people who speak English.  Use skype for international calling.  Cheap and easy.  Not saying it will get resolved though.

Bitmain clearly needs to work on their communication with customers.  Without a doubt.  And as had been said if you're that unhappy and feel it's fraudulent then go ahead and open a complaint.  It's absolutely your right to do so.  You might also want to talk to the Chinese consulate in your country - perhaps they can translate for you on a call with them.

Thanks, appreciate the suggestions.

Question: Did you receive the email at the time you placed the order, or when they marked it paid sometime later?

------------

Overheard recently on Bitmain support site:

optlasuta Today at 12:12

I paid with LTC but my order appears to be stuck at Paying/Expired and it wasn't confirmed. Anyone seen this before?
Edited by optlasuta 4 hours ago

-------------

Cristianromania Today at 14:38

Everione has some problem!

Bitmain is the worse company ever!

k1bbles

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 07:58:49 PM

Sorry....off topic here of late.........but I'm in the US, and wondering does the PSU's come with a plug for 110 or 220, or do you have to specify?

You have to provide your own cord but please note that the APSW is NOT going to work for you on a D3.  At least not without risk.

The PSU is rated for only 1200W on 110V, 1600W on 220.  The D3 wants 1200W.  So if you are going into residential power here in the US you'll be pegged at the limit of the power supply and likely fry it.  You are better off buying a 1500 or 1600W supply (Corsair or EVGA) and running with that, OR having a 220 circuit installed in your home (not too hard but call an electrician unless you know what you're doing).

k1bbles

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 08:06:42 PM

No it's exactly the same.  I got one and it was wired in from my bank.  I paid within a couple days of the order and I am showing Paid and Valid (Unshipped of course although I'm on the Sept batch).

If you call in and go to technical support you can get to people who speak English.  Use skype for international calling.  Cheap and easy.  Not saying it will get resolved though.

Bitmain clearly needs to work on their communication with customers.  Without a doubt.  And as had been said if you're that unhappy and feel it's fraudulent then go ahead and open a complaint.  It's absolutely your right to do so.  You might also want to talk to the Chinese consulate in your country - perhaps they can translate for you on a call with them.

Thanks, appreciate the suggestions.

Question: Did you receive the email at the time you placed the order, or when they marked it paid sometime later?

I ordered on 7/18, paid on 7/19 and received the email on 7/20 fully paid.

BITMAIN Order Paid

Order ID: 00120170718xxx
Date: 2017-07-18 16:22:52
Total: 2916.48 USD
Payment method: USD Payment

greyworld

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 08:20:22 PM

I ordered on 7/18, paid on 7/19 and received the email on 7/20 fully paid.

BITMAIN Order Paid

Order ID: 00120170718xxx
Date: 2017-07-18 16:22:52
Total: 2916.48 USD
Payment method: USD Payment

That's probably why I never received the same email then, they have never actually marked my order as 'Paid'.  Thanks for clearing that up.

QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 08:56:51 PM

Last batch FINALLY sold out sometime this morning - think it lasted 2 days or so.

Not sure if it was that much bigger of a batch (which it going to KILL X11 coin profitability if so once this batch gets shipped installed and mining) or if folks were looking at the probable returns and a lot decided it was an inferior option....

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
greyworld

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 08:58:53 PM

I just tried emailing any version of @bitmaintech.com I could think of and the emails bounce stating 'because we get a lot of support requests, now we're going to ignore all of them'.

I was trying to reach Nishant Sharma, their 'international marketing manager'.  Has anyone ever heard of an international marketing manager with no known public email address or way to contact them? 

SCAM.

BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 09:01:32 PM

NO conspiracy's, NO scams, No dirty deeds. Just your polluted lens of life. Get help. You're very dysfunctional.

Like I said, go read their support forum.  A lot of people looking through that same lens these days.

And yes, BTC is a scam.  It's a scam within a scam wrapped up in more scams.  It's the tur-duc-ken of scams.  You don't even know who came up with it.  Satoshi = 'Source of middle intelligence'?  Sounds like CIA to me.  Everything they do is a scam.  ...but that's wildly OT.

As I said, I don't doubt that there was a time that Bitmain was reputable.  Apparently, it worked out for you.  Good for you.  That doesn't do me any benefit though. 

And your statement lost all credibility when you said 'No scams' and 'No dirty deeds'.  Antbleed?!?  BCC?!?  Not to mention the numerous conversations I've had with people who have been burned, hard, by Bitmain.  Obviously there are some scams, some dirty deeds.  Your denial of that just makes your 'no conspirac{ies}' statement look false too.
You're a delusional idiot. Really. Take a flying F$%k at a rolling donut. You are a worthless POS.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
greyworld

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 09:06:13 PM

You're a delusional idiot. Really.

I'm delusional?  You're the one that thinks your opinion of me matters.  That's delusional.   And even if you don't agree with me, I've been very polite to everyone involved in the discussion.  You?  Not so much.  Spare me any more OT abusive nonsense.  Just send them in a priv message if you can't help yourself, no need to pollute the thread with this drivel.

digital$

Activity: 287
Merit: 18

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 10:40:50 PM

hi everyone...have a USD wire order showing active for a single unit D3 under "my account" settings(apparently you have 7 days to process order before becomes invalid) placed order on 18th.  hoping they've reserved that unit, first time buyer from bitmain and tbh kinda taking a leap of faith. 

mawk01

Activity: 128

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 10:46:54 PM

Sorry....off topic here of late.........but I'm in the US, and wondering does the PSU's come with a plug for 110 or 220, or do you have to specify?
You have to buy your own power cord. Because they ship to locations all over the world and many have different electrical codes and specs. They are cheap and easy to find.

Thanks Ben...so for the PSU's I bought from Bitmain to go with each D3, they can run either 110 or 220/240...I just need to find the right cord that fits the plug in it's going in...am I right?
mawk01

Activity: 128

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 10:49:06 PM

You have to provide your own cord but please note that the APSW is NOT going to work for you on a D3.  At least not without risk.

The PSU is rated for only 1200W on 110V, 1600W on 220.  The D3 wants 1200W.  So if you are going into residential power here in the US you'll be pegged at the limit of the power supply and likely fry it.  You are better off buying a 1500 or 1600W supply (Corsair or EVGA) and running with that, OR having a 220 circuit installed in your home (not too hard but call an electrician unless you know what you're doing).

Ahhh...thanks, did not realize that....but great about the 220 circuit....I have already called to get a guy to come out and see about converting a workshop that these are going in to 220V.  So with that, those APSW's should be good to go?
greyworld

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 10:52:37 PM

hi everyone...have a USD wire order showing active for a single unit D3 under "my account" settings(apparently you have 7 days to process order before becomes invalid) placed order on 18th.  hoping they've reserved that unit, first time buyer from bitmain and tbh kinda taking a leap of faith. 

Hey just something to consider:

I placed my order with wire transfer.  Six+ weeks later, order is still marked unconfirmed, unpaid, and expired.  I paid them the day I placed the order.  It's been a whole long mess you can read about in the last couple pages of this thread if you're a glutton for punishment.

My brother placed an order with BTC.  12 minutes later it was confirmed and his order is, apparently, on track for delivery in the next couple weeks.

Moral of the story: If you can, pay with BTC.  Wire transfer is no 'safer', I thought it might be but no, either way you pay Bitmain it is (by design) a one way hole you are expected to throw your money down.  At least with Bitcoin you can track the progress of the money's movement, and it happens faster.

Another suggestion: If you do go with wire transfer, be especially careful about the memo field the way the instructions outline.  Just the order ID, nothing else, and it absolutely must be there.

adamantasaurus

Activity: 700
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 10:53:25 PM

So is that true you the PSU provided by antmain would be dangerous to run a D3 in america with?
greyworld

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 10:54:56 PM

Ahhh...thanks, did not realize that....but great about the 220 circuit....I have already called to get a guy to come out and see about converting a workshop that these are going in to 220V.  So with that, those APSW's should be good to go?

220v is better anyways.  Better efficiency by a few percent, means lower power bills.  I suspect it's better on the chips too, less 'noisy' maybe?  Just a guess on that second part. 

greyworld

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 10:59:03 PM

I just tried emailing a few random firstname.lastname@bitmain.com addresses of known employees to see if any of them get to someone who can help me get my order fiasco sorted out.  If any of that goes well, I'll be removing my angry anti-Bitmain rants so don't be surprised if a bunch of my messages disappear, that would mean things went well.

Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: