Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:05:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 ... 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain looks like they're releasing a 15GH/s DASH miner called the AntMiner D3  (Read 299603 times)
LiteMine

Activity: 380
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 12:39:57 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2017, 01:44:04 AM by LiteMine

man, you're high on weed. what the fuck u mean not so bad?
based on your calculation link attached, it says $3.59/day, that is USD not KWD

Depends on your electricity costs. At $0.10/kwhr, it costs $2.40 $3.12 a day to run, leaving 33% 13% profit. Mining is a dangerous game (for your money) when Bitmain can screw people by selling too many miners. The price doesn't have to stay up either, potential buyers should imagine mining in a bear market.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lashatatu

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 12:46:53 AM

man, you're high on weed. what the fuck u mean not so bad?
based on your calculation link attached, it says $3.59/day, that is USD not KWD

Depends on your electricity costs. At $0.10/kwhr, it costs $3.12 a day to run, leaving 13% profit. Mining is a dangerous game (for your money) when Bitmain can screw people by selling too many miners. The price doesn't have to stay up either, potential buyers should imagine mining in a bear market.
thing is i dont have to pay for electricity so its not a big deal for me, but still that diff sucks
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 01:19:32 AM

7nm chips are in production right now. Why do you think Bitmain flooded the market with their 16nm tech? Out with the old, in with the  new. Ya got a whole bunch of dumbasses that paid such high prices for 16nm chips in their ASIC miners, that it will  take them 1.5 years to pay the initial cost. Trust me, by then 7nm will be in full bloom and production. So bottom line....you don't know what you're talking about.
Maybe you can tell us what fab and what quantity does bitmain get access *now*, that is September 2017 to be precise  Roll Eyes

I did understood that a Japanese company had created the 7 nm chip and will compete with Bitmain. They said not to chair there chip and start mining on there own in januari and later on offer cloud mining and equipment. This was all aiming to sha265, so i think the d3 miner is save until mid 2018, but thats speculating  Cool
Taiwan Semi Conductor has been producing 7nm since late 2016, Samsung is ramping up their current production now as well as Intel. Is there some reason to believe that these Chip makers would not sell to Bitmain? These are just a FEW of the companies with current 7nm production. Bitmain has proven time and time again that they are a very versatile and savy company. They just dumped a shit ton of 16nm units on the masses. Do you really think they have done this without a plan to replace their existing miners with the 7nm to gain the edge in mining??? Why would anyone think that?? You've got idiots in droves out there paying 5, 6, 7, THOUSAND dollars for D3'S from resellers that are now only making $45.00 per day!! It's fucking amazing how stupid this is all getting. OF COURSE BITMAIN IS BUYING 7nm CHIPS.....TODAY in SEPTEMBER 2017!!! YOU won't be buying the units with them in them, but BITMAIN WILL BE MINING WITH THEM LONG BEFORE THAT!!!!
Man, please stop spreading false info. TSMC is doing 10nm now and they have preliminary 7nm Risk Production but nowhere near the volumes required. 7nm volume is 2018. Plus, they're going with folks like Broadcomm and Mediatek that have numbers way beyond Bitmains. There's no excess production for asics there.
Samsung is late as hell and they'll have their needs to satisfy first.

Bitmain will scrap the excess cap, when and if available.
Yhttp://www.zdnet.com/article/chipmakers-announce-7nm-technology/you're either ignorant or a liar. I'm not going to paste all the other sources but you're so fucking wrong it's laughable.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 01:28:20 AM

7nm chips are in production right now. Why do you think Bitmain flooded the market with their 16nm tech? Out with the old, in with the  new. Ya got a whole bunch of dumbasses that paid such high prices for 16nm chips in their ASIC miners, that it will  take them 1.5 years to pay the initial cost. Trust me, by then 7nm will be in full bloom and production. So bottom line....you don't know what you're talking about.
Maybe you can tell us what fab and what quantity does bitmain get access *now*, that is September 2017 to be precise  Roll Eyes

I did understood that a Japanese company had created the 7 nm chip and will compete with Bitmain. They said not to chair there chip and start mining on there own in januari and later on offer cloud mining and equipment. This was all aiming to sha265, so i think the d3 miner is save until mid 2018, but thats speculating  Cool
Taiwan Semi Conductor has been producing 7nm since late 2016, Samsung is ramping up their current production now as well as Intel. Is there some reason to believe that these Chip makers would not sell to Bitmain? These are just a FEW of the companies with current 7nm production. Bitmain has proven time and time again that they are a very versatile and savy company. They just dumped a shit ton of 16nm units on the masses. Do you really think they have done this without a plan to replace their existing miners with the 7nm to gain the edge in mining??? Why would anyone think that?? You've got idiots in droves out there paying 5, 6, 7, THOUSAND dollars for D3'S from resellers that are now only making $45.00 per day!! It's fucking amazing how stupid this is all getting. OF COURSE BITMAIN IS BUYING 7nm CHIPS.....TODAY in SEPTEMBER 2017!!! YOU won't be buying the units with them in them, but BITMAIN WILL BE MINING WITH THEM LONG BEFORE THAT!!!!
Man, please stop spreading false info. TSMC is doing 10nm now and they have preliminary 7nm Risk Production but nowhere near the volumes required. 7nm volume is 2018. Plus, they're going with folks like Broadcomm and Mediatek that have numbers way beyond Bitmains. There's no excess production for asics there.

FACTS

Samsung is already producing 10nm, Samsung is already trialling its 7nm process.
Intel is ahead in 10nm chips but Bitmain is not taking orders

Samsung, Intel, TSMC, and Globalfoundries are all racing towards the goal of creating 7nm chips in mass production
TSMC is currently in lead, and expectation is mid-2018 for 7nm to churn out
GMO Japan is planning to buy 7nm for production of ASIC Miners

7nm ASIC miner for sale

Exactly!! And all these fucking idiots that are paying resellers 3,4,5 X release price for 16nm chip servers will NOT even be breaking even by the time Bitmain deploys 7nm chips in their mine. eg; Paid $8,500.00 for a D3 from resller for a miner that will "average" $200.00 per month for the next 18 months will still be sucking ass just about the time that Bitmain is selling their used up 7nm servers to the mass public after mining the shit out of them just like they just did with the 16nm. Todays' youth is easily the stupidest generation in recordable human history.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
itscryptochick

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 01:30:56 AM

I just got a D3 and have been mining for almost 4 days. I'm making about $45/day, but my D3 keeps going offline. What pools are people mining with? I'm using prohashing.com right now. https://imgur.com/n0mdTvU
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 01:45:06 AM

I just got a D3 and have been mining for almost 4 days. I'm making about $45/day, but my D3 keeps going offline. What pools are people mining with? I'm using prohashing.com right now.

fyi ProHashing has a 4.99% fee.  NiceHash is 3 - 4% depending on your payout.  Of course NiceHash only pays in BTC.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
AriesIV10
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006

Mine for a Bit

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2017, 01:51:47 AM

FACTS

Samsung is already producing 10nm, Samsung is already trialling its 7nm process.

Samsung, Intel, TSMC, and Globalfoundries are all racing towards the goal of creating 7nm chips in mass production

7nm ASIC miner for sale

Exactly!! And all these fucking idiots that are paying resellers 3,4,5 X release price for 16nm chip servers will NOT even be breaking even by the time Bitmain deploys 7nm chips in their mine. eg; Paid $8,500.00 for a D3 from resller for a miner that will "average" $200.00 per month for the next 18 months will still be sucking ass just about the time that Bitmain is selling their used up 7nm servers to the mass public after mining the shit out of them just like they just did with the 16nm. Todays' youth is easily the stupidest generation in recordable human history.

I think zamans98 has the right ideas with the timeline for implementation.  I would also put it at Late 2019 for sales.  Right now it is all theoretical.  There is no talk of wafers at all.

I am glad to hear that there are many different companies in the market in going to 7nm and am also hearing about more companies trying to create mining hardware in competition to Bitmain.     

BTC Address (Donations):  3LepZAju88ZRuNVD4cS6Xv5hKyKrjvirkB     Website:  www.MintMining.com
Email: Mining@MintMining.com      Power Supplies: https://bit.ly/2TtvdOR
itscryptochick

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 01:52:07 AM

I just got a D3 and have been mining for almost 4 days. I'm making about $45/day, but my D3 keeps going offline. What pools are people mining with? I'm using prohashing.com right now. https://imgur.com/n0mdTvU

fyi ProHashing has a 4.99% fee.  NiceHash is 3 - 4% depending on your payout.  Of course NiceHash only pays in BTC.

M

I have NiceHash set as my backup pool. Are you mining on it with a D3? If so, what are your payouts like?
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 02:58:28 AM

I just got a D3 and have been mining for almost 4 days. I'm making about $45/day, but my D3 keeps going offline. What pools are people mining with? I'm using prohashing.com right now.

M

I have NiceHash set as my backup pool. Are you mining on it with a D3? If so, what are your payouts like?

I don't have a D3. Sad

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
lynewyork

Activity: 58

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 03:06:10 AM

M

I don't have a D3. Sad

M

I do not use nicehash, but the payout is quite close to what in whattomine (using 17Gh/s as hashrate).
ZedZedNova

Activity: 475
Merit: 265

Ooh La La, C'est Zoom!

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 05:18:24 AM

This is all new with me, but what number of chips has to do with ASIC's speed? Using logic bigger is better, shouldn't be 16nm chips be faster then 7nm? Or is not? Can you please elaborate?

These numerical values refer to the manufacturing "size" of the wafers used in the chips.  Not the quantity. Smiley  Generally smaller is better, as they are more efficient, use less electricity, generate less heat, and so on. 

M

That's Not quite right. The 16nm, 10nm, and 7nm refer to the minimum feature size of a die (what eventually becomes a chip). There is also the size of the silicon wafer (what the die are "printed" on). The standard wafer is now typically 300mm diameter, but there is movement towards 450mm diameter wafers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wafer_(electronics)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semiconductor_device_fabrication

You are correct about smaller being better. Other reasons that smaller is better is that the signal paths are shorter, which means faster. The use of lower voltages and currents usually means lower levels of heat generated, but the smaller feature sizes allows the manufacturers to cram more transistors/gates onto a die of any given size, thus increasing the current draw, and thus the heat dissipated.

No mining at the moment.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 06:54:14 AM

Maybe this is a question unknown as yet...

But I've seen folk say they ordered (my 2nd batch unit goes up on tuesday) that they are not getting the original 15gh unit specs
but the 17gh unit specs at less watts

any clarification? or is it catch all catch can and unknown?

thanks

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
lashatatu

Activity: 155

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:08:52 AM

But I've seen folk say they ordered (my 2nd batch unit goes up on tuesday) that they are not getting the original 15gh unit specs

thanks

bitmain miscalculated or they didnt wanted to overspeculate, so it's 17 and less voltage
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:17:08 AM

thanks

bitmain miscalculated or they didn't want to overspeculate, so it's 17 and less voltage

whoo, hooo, (then again 15gh vs 17gh mining "air' as the difficulty rises...may, in the long run, make little difference with x11 difficulty playing moon shot) Sad

we need a price pump for DASH and/or the rest of the x11 coins or we are screwed me thinks (oh well, it was a couple of these or the tax man gets the $$$)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Ryancope123

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:19:29 AM

I don't get it. Why everybody is crying?!?

Maybe some of us don't want to wait 6 or 9 months to ROI my l3+ ROI was 4 weeks.

Sounds like you got spoiled by your L3+. There's no guarantee of ROI, don't be ridiculous. If you're not mining long-term, then why bother? Think of it as an investment in your mining business and any investment takes time to pay off. Just because you got lucky once... my Ibelink 384 MH didn't ROI in any sense of the word.

It can be a calculated risk if timed correctly, with the L3+ it was ordered when I knew the batches were pretty new to the market... I think it was a little naughty for Bitmain to change their game with the D3 , they teased the first few batches and then just flooded the market with D3's over a short period ( November 20k+ in particular)

taufiqmax

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 09:27:15 AM

hi, i need some help guys, I've bought 01 Antminer D3 & Apw3++ power supply, do I need to add any Voltage stabilizer or UPS with this?
I 've searched the local market & found a  2000va UPS with 1200W output.  Do u guys have any suggestion what I should use & what needs to be the specification?
SLcharger

Activity: 16

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 09:53:24 AM

hi, i need some help guys, I've bought 01 Antminer D3 & Apw3++ power supply, do I need to add any Voltage stabilizer or UPS with this?
I 've searched the local market & found a  2000va UPS with 1200W output.  Do u guys have any suggestion what I should use & what needs to be the specification?

Now, why would you want to do that ??
You have unstable grid or power cuts ?
The miner have auto reboot after power loss, so just plug it, and let it run.
taufiqmax

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 10:16:51 AM

tnx for your reply, generally here the electricity is not so stable & we face regular load shedding here, I'm not sure that antminer need to have a safe shutdown or not, coz its my first time mining
SLcharger

Activity: 16

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 10:23:43 AM

tnx for your reply, generally here the electricity is not so stable & we face regular load shedding here, I'm not sure that antminer need to have a safe shutdown or not, coz its my first time mining

No power down required.

You can kill it anytime, and it will power up again.

Even the PSU is tolerant to voltage variations, but it will draw more Amps, in case voltage drops, so be sure your breaker is big enough.
bytiges

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 11:24:34 AM

FACTS

7nm ASIC miner for sale

Lol, you said *now in production*... now it's 2019. I could agree 2019 perhaps. Intel is not doing 7nm not even for their chips. Samsung is prototyping. So is TSMC which had risk production for 2017 (means small batch, no space for bitmain at all, no asics at all). Globalfoundries is announcing only.

Enough said
Pages: « 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 ... 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: