Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:26:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain looks like they're releasing a 15GH/s DASH miner called the AntMiner D3  (Read 299603 times)
sil2222

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 07:15:08 PM

Not sure if it suppose to be like this or something is wrong with all of my D3s. When they're running every 45 sec they start making that loud noise (same as when they boot) and red FAULT light is blinking, but they are still hashing.

I don't see this issue with L3+'s.

Does anybody else experience this issue?

The Noise you are hearing is the Fans going up to 100% because of heat. Check your temps try staying below 70c it also depends on pool the fan thing happens more often on Nice hash less on pools like super Nova and P2p. to quiet Miner some try setting Fan to 80% if it is still too noisy set frequency to 456M and fan at 70% this will give quieter stable performance ,but hash will be reduced to 16000.The fan will still make noise but a lot less than default setting.  Running miner too hot increases error and rejected hash and noise level.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lentyna

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 07:35:46 PM

Not sure if it suppose to be like this or something is wrong with all of my D3s. When they're running every 45 sec they start making that loud noise (same as when they boot) and red FAULT light is blinking, but they are still hashing.

I don't see this issue with L3+'s.

Does anybody else experience this issue?

The Noise you are hearing is the Fans going up to 100% because of heat. Check your temps try staying below 70c it also depends on pool the fan thing happens more often on Nice hash less on pools like super Nova and P2p. to quiet Miner some try setting Fan to 80% if it is still too noisy set frequency to 456M and fan at 70% this will give quieter stable performance ,but hash will be reduced to 16000.The fan will still make noise but a lot less than default setting.  Running miner too hot increases error and rejected hash and noise level.

I'm mining on NiceHash. It could be the heat as yesterday when I just connected them they were not making that much noise.

Why am I seeing a red FAULT light? I saw it yesterday on 1 of D3s and 2 boards were showing 0 hashes, then I rebooted it and it was fine. Today I see on all of them every 45-60 sec.
lashatatu

Activity: 155

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 07:44:48 PM

Damn just missed the last batch.  Undecided

that's acttually a good thing Smiley lucky u Smiley
bigjee

Activity: 434
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:00:58 PM

After reading this thread and tracking the roi trend in the last 7 days its pretty obvious that resellers are going to start dumping their stock soon.

Take a quick look at the altcoin market place ppl are dumping their D3s (every 2nd 3rd post is a WTS Oct, Nov batch D3). Some even in hand selling for 1 BTC.
Looking at bitmains website the D3 was available to order for hours and no one touched it and it didn't sell out. At time of writing this you can still order one from Bitmain for 1450 USD Nov batch. https://shop.bitmain.com/main.htm?lang=en

Lessons I learned from this is never ever pay or trust a large reseller like Cryptocrane et al. and just because they have HUGE stock doesn't mean they wont fleece you like sheep.

I called out Cryptocrane (CC) on the bitsonline.com website (https://bitsonline.com/antminer-d3-first-look-review/) for scalping people shamelessly and its apparent now that they are crapping their pants and offering a 15% discount on their D3 that are in hand (10,000 > 8,500).
Ross or whoever deleted their post on bitsonline but the jist of it was that the commenters called them out for scalping.

Funny part is that CC thought that at 10,000$ these would still be profitable. Roll Eyes
I'd bet a D3 that you wont get your 10,000 back before the warranty on these things run out.

I hope they get stuck with them and a D3++ launches in a next month or so and unscrupulous reseller and scalpers are left holding an ASIC that isnt worth the materials its made of anymore.
Im not against cloud sigma and other resellers who have reasonable markups and offer value added services like hosting. Just these greedy af reseller like CC who want unrealistically expensive prices for their miners (6 to 7 times the amount for their D3).

I hope their stocks sell at a loss so that they learn to leave some of others and learn to share.
When I tried to give CC feedback that they were charging too much they didnt even respond and deleted their posts.
Good to know we can put a face to these greedy people now through their videos. What they do aint illegal but its the kinda shit you hear about and shake your head.

I am not trying to defend Cryptocrane or any reseller out there.
imho, they just a merchant that try to sell high because of higher demand, i dont think they rope the stock from bitmain, its fair and square in process to order from bitmain sales page.

They arent charity foundation, they are merchant and since the ancient time, that how its do work, buy cheap and sell with as much profit as they can get as long as demand still there. Its about demand, its about some greed people that think they can make fast and huge profit from buying and operating D3 asap, even with double or triple original price. Or i can simple said that greed merchant meet greed buyer make the price unreasonable.

Now, some people come to their sanity and wont buy at the price, and start to yelling how expensive the price, for what? to let others know its unreasonable price or to HOPE the reseller will lower their price or event curse them to be loss in investment.

If i am in reseller position, i will do the same, i will buy as much as my business calculation allow it and i will sell as high as people WANT TO BUY it
If i dont buy, some people will do, and some people will do as i do.
If you want to blame, maybe bitmain should take the responbility to the UNFAIR distribution, buy HEY.. bitmain is merchant too.

Like I said before my problem is not that they are selling but at the price they are selling it at.
They bought more than they needed (I understand if they host or bought some for spares) but to sell at exorbitant prices that they are is outright retarded.
CC isnt the only reseller or merchant on the planet that got their hands on the D3 but they are the biggest ones try to fleece buyers.
Everyone knows if you price too high no one will buy; got nothing to do with greed but more with rationale.

We didnt come to our sanity NOW we were bitching about it before the first D3's ever shipped.
Lol dont even get me started with Bitmain they are at a whole other level of douche.

bigjee

Activity: 434
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:03:54 PM

Is there mabe some possibility, that(since D3 was on sale few hours and people didnt buy it as fast as possible like few other times) Bitmain is dumping all there D3s on sale since profit is getting lower and lower, and they have Manufactured A LOT of D3s, that they maybe have "in pocket" new D3 Version. And after they sell everything they will update? Since batch sizes are really GIGANTIC and profit is closing barely to pay itself for electricity.. Or maybe i am overthinking this? What is your opinion on this?

Anything is possible with Bitmain.  

Remember, they don't care about you, any other miner, BTC, or any other cryptocurrency.  All they care about is their bottom line.

M

I know people get mad, but that's what every business does.  Sells things until no one buys them anymore.  I'm just praying I can roi these things quick enough to make some profit but each day goes by and profitability keeps dropping  Undecided

That's exactly right!  The ironic part is everyone here is doing the same thing!  ie, the pot is calling the kettle black..

M

not everyone so might be wise to just speak for yourself....
Albortz

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Tax Attorney - Investor - Entrepreneur

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:32:51 PM

I really don't understand why we are bitching about crypto crane and other resellers buying and selling products for multiple pages now...

They are free to do what they want and as long as they DO NOT lie about the product's features it's all alright.

If CC would tell a customer the D3 got 25GH it would be false advertisement. If he (as far as I remember) advertises it with 15 and in real life, it shows up with 17.5 it is not illegal and also the customer will be happy.

If this kid bought a miner based on the profitability at the time of purchase because CC linked a screenshot from whattomine on his page that's not misleading someone or fleecing someone into buying....  That person who is able to spend 8k+ on anything can be held accountable if it turns sour. I passed the first and second batch of L3+ because I needed to do homework first. It sounded too good too be true to buy something for 2k and after 1 year you get 50k back...

If a D3 "brings" in 200 bucks a day based on the calculation of the time of the first batch going online you should question that and research. I am sure the person that is able to spend so much money should be able to make a google search.

Makes me wonder how people make their money in the first place Shocked

You all act like you buy these miners to practice a hobby or like you mine because you want to be part of a secret and super cool club no one else is in  Roll Eyes

Anyway, my 2 cents and maybe we can come back to the actual product and stop bitching Cheesy

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Joecolmenaresv

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 04:24:48 AM

I really don't understand why we are bitching about crypto crane and other resellers buying and selling products for multiple pages now...

They are free to do what they want and as long as they DO NOT lie about the product's features it's all alright.

If CC would tell a customer the D3 got 25GH it would be false advertisement. If he (as far as I remember) advertises it with 15 and in real life, it shows up with 17.5 it is not illegal and also the customer will be happy.

If this kid bought a miner based on the profitability at the time of purchase because CC linked a screenshot from whattomine on his page that's not misleading someone or fleecing someone into buying....  That person who is able to spend 8k+ on anything can be held accountable if it turns sour. I passed the first and second batch of L3+ because I needed to do homework first. It sounded too good too be true to buy something for 2k and after 1 year you get 50k back...

If a D3 "brings" in 200 bucks a day based on the calculation of the time of the first batch going online you should question that and research. I am sure the person that is able to spend so much money should be able to make a google search.

You all act like you buy these miners to practice a hobby or like you mine because you want to be part of a secret and super cool club no one else is in  Roll Eyes

Anyway, my 2 cents and maybe we can come back to the actual product and stop bitching Cheesy

Well said. Reselling is not a felony... Quit the drama, nothing illegal about reselling even if it is for 20.000 Dollars. Each and every one of you that are buying from Bitmain directly now days know that when you started in the crypto world you prolly made a lot of mistakes, so new miners feel more comfortable buying from a reseller, things are much less complicated... Amazon lets you distinguish scams from real sellers, so buying from CC is a safe choice for those who just dont know what manufacturer is good and which is not... so CC / resellers might be the safer choice for newbies..
vnvizow

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 04:31:58 AM

Well said. Reselling is not a felony... Quit the drama, nothing illegal about reselling even if it is for 20.000 Dollars. Each and every one of you that are buying from Bitmain directly now days know that when you started in the crypto world you prolly made a lot of mistakes, so new miners feel more comfortable buying from a reseller, things are much less complicated... Amazon lets you distinguish scams from real sellers, so buying from CC is a safe choice for those who just dont know what manufacturer is good and which is not... so CC / resellers might be the safer choice for newbies..

I used to mine Dash using a AntMiner D3. The complexity is much higher now than it was when I first started mining.  Now it is still profitable to mine but you have to waste much more power.
adamantasaurus

Activity: 700
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 04:32:22 AM

Yea you guys are really some of the most manipulative people i have seen people on this forum promote coins just bc theyre getting paid and then bitch and moan about people making a profit and playing a guilt trip gtfo. Ive sold on amazon and ebay most of the huyers were fine. Then i tried to sell on here and people right off the bat were screaming that i was a scammer you people are fkn idiots im here to make money just like you if your jealous that im making money and your not then your really just a stupid child...
thesavoyard

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 05:23:14 AM

I'm only making about .10 Dash per day. I just got my miner yesterday. This kind of sucks, did it just drop or has it been here a while?

buggy166

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 05:38:14 AM

I'm only making about .10 Dash per day. I just got my miner yesterday. This kind of sucks, did it just drop or has it been here a while?

It dropped. You dont worry about its price as it'll go up over time. Short term it always yoyo's based on market fluctuations and traders playing around.

Look at the price of DASH per month or year. That's the level you're operating at when you mine (and sell into fiat).

I'm pretty certain about DASH spiking to $500 by the end of the year, but not being able to maintain it as a new floor. It'll settle below it, once it breaks through for the first time.

The "stable" $500 should happen some time in early 2018.

0.1 Dash a day is about 3 DASH per month. Thats $1000-1200 per month in revenue. If you paid $2500 for this batch, you have no right to be disappointed. You're right on schedule with a 3 month ROI. Worry about the price of DASH in January if you must.

Ryancope123

Activity: 277

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 06:59:07 AM

What's your guys thoughts with Helium ? potentially another etherium etc?

bytiges

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 11:18:59 AM

Bitmain has released some info about their batches and politics on their twitter account. Here's a direct link: https://blog.bitmain.com/en/clarification-bitmain-batch-releases/

A copy-paste for you is below for your convenience:
Dear customers,

Recently there has been incorrect information posted about sales and distribution of Bitmain miners. We would like all of our customers to have the correct information:

1. As explained in our previous blog post, Bitmain has no official vendors. We encourage all our customers to purchase only from our official web site.

2. We do not sell our machines continually. We sell in batches, based on our production schedule. When a batch is sold out there are no more sales until the next batch is announced.

3. We do not reveal the number of miners we are producing, or future production plans. If such information is advertised or claimed, it is not from us and is not reliable. Customers should not make purchase plans or decisions based on such claims.

Demand for Bitmain miners is very high. We strive to be fair and to give our customers the best opportunity we can to purchase our miners.

Best regards,

Bitmain

ADD: In case you're wondering, here's my updated estimate on the currently active d3 miners on dash.

To calculate this, I assume that all new hash rate coming to the network in due to new D3 put online. This seems a good approximation as all previous network power was equivalent to some 2200 D3 miners and asics from other companies do not have the numbers to skew the estimate enough

As i see that online sites have "weird" numbers and sometimes are not updated quickly enough, I take data directly from the dash blockchain. I then average difficulty and network hash power over the last 50 blocks and from that I estimate the number of D3 that produce that hash rate. The numbers are in the correct ballpark imho.

Here's the graph from the beginning. Approximately 5000 miners were active a few moments ago.

Hope this info can be usefull.

bitnoob1234

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 11:36:00 AM

We do not reveal the number of miners we are producing, or future production plans

No shady at all  Grin
lashatatu

Activity: 155

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 11:50:25 AM

We do not reveal the number of miners we are producing, or future production plans

No shady at all  Grin

they saw that our calculation was right and said that u cant trust us  because they didnt disclose that information Smiley

they had batch 2 days ago and it didnt sold that good and they got worried Cheesy they are such a big pussies
Tssar

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 12:34:51 PM

No shady at all  Grin

they saw that our calculation was right and said that u cant trust us  because they didnt disclose that information Smiley

they had batch 2 days ago and it didnt sold that good and they got worried Cheesy they are such a big pussies
in 12 hours I have made 11USD with the first batch D3+......no comments
bytiges

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 12:39:58 PM

I think that everybody who wanted to buy from China direct, already bought their units. Now we're all waiting to see how many miners were actually made and sold because if those 20'000 units per batch are real the profitability will be less than anticipated.

I however think that they cannot make 20'000 units per batch and sell them in a week and then rinse and repeat.

My guess is that batches are around 5000 units each and that the final number of miners will be about 25-35'000 (which is still about 50'000'000 dollars earnings).

That is why I wrote some "estimators".

My next guess is that people will use switching pools most of the time. This is confirmed until now. The effect will be these wide swings of network hashing power that roam between similarly earning coins, until one coin wins it all (might not be dash, actually).

The only gamble is whether there will be a coin that can sustain this increase in hash rate and still be profitable. Dash looks promising. It has good valuations versus BTC and I've seen signs of huge (and somewhat crude) accumulation on the exchanges. If there's accumulation, the price will follow eventually.

Enough said.
VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 12:56:08 PM

hey guys if anyones interested I put together a Antminer D3 Review video

https://youtu.be/Wg1H1YOSW4E

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
UnknownBTC

Activity: 150

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 03:40:53 PM

Anyone could guide me on how to mine other currencies with the D3?, using nicehash perhaps thank you

My custom wallet: 1LearBTCNt5HnruJFdPHH1VAYDKtnTbDYR
Bibi187

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

https://steemit.com/@bibi187

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 04:37:52 PM

Anyone could guide me on how to mine other currencies with the D3?, using nicehash perhaps thank you

U can only mine X11 algo with your D3. Depend on currencies you want to mine.

All setting is related to poll you use, or setting you use if you solo mining.

Nicehash pay you only on BTC.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Pages: « 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: