Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:09:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gigabyte 1070 acting up..  (Read 259 times)
dandreark1 (OP)

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

out here

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 07:17:13 PM

Hey fellow miners,

I have a gigabyte 1070 8gb gaming edition that seems to be the root of some of my recent issues.

I have a homemade 10 card frame, housed around 2 motherboards. Currently I have 2 x Ti's and 3 x 1070's (2 evga 1 asus) on the first motherboard. And 4 x ti's and 1 x 1070 (gigabyte) on the other motherboard.

After about 45 minutes, I get "Gpu0, 1, 2,3,4 seem to be stuck...Restart attempt"..
and the miner reboots sometime successful -sometimes not.

Running ewbf zcash miner 3_4 on both rigs, through hours of trouble shooting i've realized the 1070 itself was the issue.. not a riser.

Moving the 1070 to the motherboard from the riser only delayed the error message from 45 minutes to about every 5-6 hours..

Taking the 1070 off completely and replacing it with a TI I'm using on another build solved the issue..
It doesn't amount to significant downtime at all, but I want to solve the problem still- as it effects my daily and hourly hashrate.

But my question remains, why the hell is this card consistently restarting my miner.. is it a setting I need to tweak? Any advice on troubleshooting this helps.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 07:27:50 PM

I had the same problem that the miner was restarting but through nicehash in an ASUS board and after the latest full Windows 10 Update the board is running from a few days without restarting. I have 3 x RX 480 and 2 x GTX 1070 in this board I am talking about. Don't know if it will work for you too but I think this is a driver problem, Windows drivers and not GPU  drivers.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
dandreark1 (OP)

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

out here

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 07:46:17 PM

I had the same problem that the miner was restarting but through nicehash in an ASUS board and after the latest full Windows 10 Update the board is running from a few days without restarting. I have 3 x RX 480 and 2 x GTX 1070 in this board I am talking about. Don't know if it will work for you too but I think this is a driver problem, Windows drivers and not GPU  drivers.

I was kind of thinking it may be drivers. Interesting.. i'm on FullZero's nvOC, Ubuntu 16.04.. i'll see what I can do driver wise and see if this solves the problem.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: