Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:25:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining altcoins in India profitably....  (Read 856 times)
Akaash (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 08:28:42 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2017, 10:43:10 AM by Akaash

Hi fellow miners,
I am an Indian based out of Chennai and this is my first post on the forum. I am really interested in getting started with mining cryptocurrencies. As almost everyone on the forum , I started with Bitcoin but soon learnt I was too late. Same with litecoin. However I now have eyes on other cryptos including but not limited to vertcoin, AEON, XMR and UBIQ. I would like to know how to set up a mining rig and the feasibility of it. I can have the cards(currently planning on sapphire Nitro R7 330 4GB GDDR5) purchased for around ₹9000 each(thank you Singapore). Although this means I lose out on local warranty, I don't consider it to be a big deal. I kindly request the members on the forum to help me out further with the MoBo and CPU etc. I have referred to countless internet guides but all those are for the US and Europe and in the end if I start searching for those materials here, I either end up getting a product not available in your region or an exorbitant price tag. Kindly help me guys....
From a fellow miner,
Alphamike1612
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MATHReX

Activity: 861
Merit: 281

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 05:04:47 AM

Don't worry about that, each and every post that is discussed by the people in the US or any other country, and all the parts that they are using is pretty much available everywhere and its a good place to start. Try finding a good motherboard with 6 PCI-e slots, get the budget CPU which supports the socket of your motherboard, 4 gigs RAM, 32 GB USB Stick if you're going to use Linux or else 120 GB SSD for Windows 10. It might feel a bit daunting until you actually try it.
Akaash (OP)

Activity: 43

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 10:42:37 AM

Don't worry about that, each and every post that is discussed by the people in the US or any other country, and all the parts that they are using is pretty much available everywhere and its a good place to start. Try finding a good motherboard with 6 PCI-e slots, get the budget CPU which supports the socket of your motherboard, 4 gigs RAM, 32 GB USB Stick if you're going to use Linux or else 120 GB SSD for Windows 10. It might feel a bit daunting until you actually try it.

Any recommendations for the Motherboard? Without burning a hole in my pocket...  Wink
I was thinking of a LGA 1150 socket model but most have only 1 or 2 pci-e slots except the ultra expensive. Cry
MATHReX

Activity: 861
Merit: 281

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 05:20:35 AM

Any recommendations for the Motherboard? Without burning a hole in my pocket...  Wink
I was thinking of a LGA 1150 socket model but most have only 1 or 2 pci-e slots except the ultra expensive. Cry

ASUS Z270-P
MSI Z270 GAMING PRO
MSI Z170 GAMING M5

Literally, any Motherboard with 6 PCIe slots which doesn't depend on lane sharing in PCIe lanes is good to go.

JeffC

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 12:35:51 PM

Hi fellow miners,
I am an Indian based out of Chennai and this is my first post on the forum. I am really interested in getting started with mining cryptocurrencies. As almost everyone on the forum , I started with Bitcoin but soon learnt I was too late. Same with litecoin. However I now have eyes on other cryptos including but not limited to vertcoin, AEON, XMR and UBIQ. I would like to know how to set up a mining rig and the feasibility of it. I can have the cards(currently planning on sapphire Nitro R7 330 4GB GDDR5) purchased for around ₹9000 each(thank you Singapore). Although this means I lose out on local warranty, I don't consider it to be a big deal. I kindly request the members on the forum to help me out further with the MoBo and CPU etc. I have referred to countless internet guides but all those are for the US and Europe and in the end if I start searching for those materials here, I either end up getting a product not available in your region or an exorbitant price tag. Kindly help me guys....
From a fellow miner,
Alphamike1612

The most success you will have making money in this current market is having professional mining hardware. There have been plenty of people mining with 470, 480, 570 or 580s or 295s but the reality is the market is getting crowded and the profits have dropped considerably. This is from someone who understands running 6 rigs with 32 cards and ASIC miners to boot
cryptoyug

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 04:30:38 PM

Hi fellow miners,
From a fellow miner,
Alphamike1612
You should try zotac Nvidea 1050 ti also. its good for altcoin mining. and really sounds great that your purchased with 9k only. from where did you buy ? if possible please pm me.
paawan

Activity: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 05:05:54 PM

What's your budget?

I got "ASUS Z270F Gaming" for Rs.14,500 last month in Mumbai and successfully use it with 8*1060s and 1*1070, so total 9 GPUs and NVoc OS on a 32GB pen drive bought from Amazon.in.
Intel Pentium G4400 CPU for Rs.3,900
8GB RAM Corsair 2400Mhz for Rs.4450 (Overkill, you can buy 4GB too, my rig hardly uses 1GB of RAM)
2*Cooler Master V850 (Rs.11400 from one shop and Rs.12400 from another shop because the first one only had one)
I had bought Riser cards on eBay.in for Rs.1000 per piece and then imported a bulk shipment from China, but do that only if you have an IEC (Import Export Code).
And I had bought 2* m.2 to PCI-E converters from a Chinese website which I used on the 2* m.2 slots and attached 2 riser cards to them.
You can PM me if you need help but don't expect a quick reply.
As mentioned by others, mining isn't much profitable, I'm making around Rs.20-30k income on the 9 GPU rig, so if you can hold your ETH for a few months or a year, when the price might touch $1000 next year, you may profit, but otherwise don't expect to make a ton of money with GPU mining.
Also, the GPUs that you have selected don't really have a good hash rate, I am buying 18 pieces of P106 (Nvidia's new Mining GPU) this week, I still don't have the price, but that will give you much better hash rate.
cryptoyug

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 05:42:01 PM

P106 you can get around 23-24k from mumbai. and try to mine altcoin so that you can get more profit.
pchampn

Activity: 41

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 06:53:43 PM

ASUS Z270-P
MSI Z270 GAMING PRO
MSI Z170 GAMING M5

Literally, any Motherboard with 6 PCIe slots which doesn't depend on lane sharing in PCIe lanes is good to go.

Hello Akaash: I wouldn't waste time on non-BTC specific Motherboards. I have built 4 rigs so far with 4 different MB's and from that experience, I highly recommend getting either ASRock H81 PRO BTC R2.0 or Biostar - TB250-BTC .

Also look at 1stminingrig blog, couple of useful posts from it are: http://1stminingrig.com/best-mining-rig-hardware-mine-2017/ and http://1stminingrig.com/tutorial-ethereum-mining-rig-part-1/ (also read parts 2 through 4).

Feel free to PM me if you have additional questions or ask on this forum. Good luck!
Nebell

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 07:06:26 PM

If you have cheap electricity, then go ahead. If you're a bit techy, you won't encounter any problems. I was a bit discouraged by other people reading how many issues they had, but then ordered 10 GPU's, 2 motherboards (Z170 and Z270) and managed to get everything to work within hours!

BitcoinZ - community driven, no premine, no dev-tax, developers always welcome
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3086664
https://btcz.rocks/
botmanside

Activity: 138
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 09:21:28 PM

if i would be you iwould buy tons of those sapphire Nitro R7 330 4GB GDDR5

RTFF && RTFM...
Pages: [1]
  Print