Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:46:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you want there to be a 'Reputation Threads' Child Board?
Yes - 9 (52.9%)
No - 3 (17.6%)
Find another way - 5 (29.4%)
Total Voters: 17

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Request for new Child Board of Off-Topic  (Read 1175 times)
HeroC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 858
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 06:11:02 PM

I, like many others, am sick of all the 'Reputation Threads' flooding the Off-Topic board. It floods the stuff that people actually read there. This is why I propose we make a new Child Board of off topic or find another way to clear up the clutter of the Off Topic Board.  Reputation threads sometimes are useful, but sometimes make you suspicious of the person making them.  Why stress that you are so trust worthy, and make a whole topic about it?  Either this or we find another way to solve this issue. 

Another idea I had was each user would have a topic, only listed on their profile for the use of a reputation thread.

Please answer the poll above, and post any Ideas (or just a +1) below!

Best regards,
HeroC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 07:44:23 PM

I, like many others, am sick of all the 'Reputation Threads' flooding the Off-Topic board. It floods the stuff that people actually read there. This is why I propose we make a new Child Board of off topic or find another way to clear up the clutter of the Off Topic Board.  Reputation threads sometimes are useful, but sometimes make you suspicious of the person making them.  Why stress that you are so trust worthy, and make a whole topic about it?  Either this or we find another way to solve this issue. 

Another idea I had was each user would have a topic, only listed on their profile for the use of a reputation thread.

Best regards,
HeroC

A subboard of "Off-topic" does not make sense. "Off-topic" is, by definition, anything that does not fit anywhere else.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 08:00:55 PM

Best regards,
HeroC

A subboard of "Off-topic" does not make sense. "Off-topic" is, by definition, anything that does not fit anywhere else.

Exactly this.
Off topic is pretty much anything, meaning reputation threads can go there, I know they clutter up off topic, but I still think it's not needed.
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 08:16:14 PM

Then they should be moved to Trading Discussion, in their own sub-board.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
BitshireHashaway

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 09:26:26 PM

I agree with you there should be a reputation thread child board, however I think it should belong in the marketplace. It would help decrease those flooding the off-topic board and even a few in the newbie forums.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 09:28:36 PM

I agree with you there should be a reputation thread child board, however I think it should belong in the marketplace. It would help decrease those flooding the off-topic board and even a few in the newbie forums.
Makes sense to me to put them next to the scam accusations, yes?

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
skull88

Activity: 683

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 09:32:02 PM

+1

That's why I voted to find another way, just make a child board in Trading Discussion.

BTC: 1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr
LTC: LhvMYEngkKS2B8FAcbnzHb2dvW8n9eHkdp
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 10:58:56 PM

I only see 3 reputation threads on page 1 of Off-Topic (ctrl-f 'repu'), doesn't seem too bad.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 11:16:04 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2013, 11:27:13 PM by myrkul

I only see 3 reputation threads on page 1 of Off-Topic (ctrl-f 'repu'), doesn't seem too bad.
Off-topic is a pretty busy page. There are quite a few more that have been pushed down, and I seem to see a new one every day or two. BTW: I count 7 on page one from Ctrl-F 'repu' (plus one that is an "exchange thread," one that's just a "rep" thread, and one "Feedback" thread. Maybe it's my page settings?

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 11:28:42 PM

I created a thread like this not too long ago.  In the end, reputation threads for Bitcoin traders are very much relevant to Bitcoin, and don't belong in off-topic.

HeroC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 02:15:08 AM

I, like many others, am sick of all the 'Reputation Threads' flooding the Off-Topic board. It floods the stuff that people actually read there. This is why I propose we make a new Child Board of off topic or find another way to clear up the clutter of the Off Topic Board.  Reputation threads sometimes are useful, but sometimes make you suspicious of the person making them.  Why stress that you are so trust worthy, and make a whole topic about it?  Either this or we find another way to solve this issue.  

Best regards,
HeroC

Good point, but still, that is most of the board, and each one only have two or three replies. It just takes up space.

Good Idea. Your reputation is a lot of what makes up a successful trade, so it seems fit to have it there.

Not long ago, I only saw 4 NON reputation threads. Lucky you got it with that fue.

BTW, as of now, each choice has 3 votes. Let's see what one will be the tiebreaker!
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 08:35:06 AM

I see thirteen. It's really getting out of hand.

On the other hand I put anyone who makes such a thread directly into the likely-proto-scammer folder so there's that.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 10:18:21 AM

Forum under trading discussion makes most sense. Or just go ahead and move them to scammer accusations and get it out of the way.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 01:07:48 PM

Forum under trading discussion makes most sense. Or just go ahead and move them to scammer accusations and get it out of the way.
I'd agree that a special sub board under trading discussion makes most sense here. I only moved them to Off-Topic as they were clogging up actual trading discussion...  Undecided
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 11:02:45 AM

Call it a reputation board, I bet you that parents will make the mistake of letting there kids onto that section if you call it child board Tongue
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 11:13:31 AM

I would delete them all. I bet most of those guys are the same guy preparing himself to scam some newbs
HeroC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 07:28:19 PM

Call it a reputation board, I bet you that parents will make the mistake of letting there kids onto that section if you call it child board Tongue

Grin

I'd agree that a special sub board under trading discussion makes most sense here. I only moved them to Off-Topic as they were clogging up actual trading discussion...  Undecided

I understand, but good call moving them. At least off topic has nothing to do with bitcoin, and is no longer crouding a bitcoin related board.

I would delete them all. I bet most of those guys are the same guy preparing himself to scam some newbs

A lot if them are. If you have good rep people know it. No need to take up topic space bragging about it.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 09:05:59 PM

A lot if them are. If you have good rep people know it. No need to take up topic space bragging about it.

ding ding ding. we got a winner!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: