Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:58:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Innosilicon A5 DashMaster 30.2G 750W  (Read 55195 times)
Dockin

Activity: 84
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:21:10 AM

WE are talking about people who already have D3's in hand book it if they keep their machines plugged in they will at the minimum ROI as long as they did not get gouged on the price and bought directly from bitmain.

I suspect you don't even follow your own advice telling people to sell their D3's which they just got LOL , who knows what will happen with dash prices , forks whatever next year.

smart miners are in this for the long run, this is not a get quick rich scheme keep on with the misinformation and fear mongering , only idiots will listen to you.  Us old school miners have been here before carry on ...

Please do some research and stop making assumptions.

How do you believe that ROI will be achieved? D3's are not the most efficient miner out there and everybody who bought one knew that before purchasing it. Even if the price stays exactly as it is now, the network difficulty is too high to make an ROI now. I'm not saying to sell them, but there is a slim chance that anybody will be able to make an ROI if they started mining today. If they started a month ago then they may have a chance.

I don't own and D3's and I probably would sell them if I did.

If you really believe that the Dash price will save everybody, then go buy Dash now because you will make more doing so than you would mining it. The Dash price increase is the only saving grace for D3 purchasers, and if they knew that before they bought them, they would have just bought Dash instead.

If you are in this for the long run, then you should know that the D3 is definitely not going to make you a profit. People only bought them to get in the game while the difficulty rate of mining was still low (The opposite reason as going into it for the long run). If you managed to be one of those people, and had started mining a month ago, then congrats you might have reached ROI and be $500 ahead after a year. If you start mining now, you will never reach ROI with a D3.

If you think I'm just spreading misinformed information and fear mongering, I'm sorry but you don't understand simple facts and network statistics.

all this from a 19 post expert 😂😂😂😂
my last comment on this : Everyone can do what they want but history always repeats itself in the mining game
I've given my advice lol take it or leave it, even this wana be expert doesnt have a crystal ball although it seems he would like you to believe he does.

If you feel you need to sell your D3 go for it but , im my opionion its a short sighted move unless you get close to what you paid for it I would hang on to it lots could happen price wise in the next 12 months

Long time miner here...and yes I'm pissed that my 3 D3's arriving tomorrow direct from Bitmain are barely profitable out of the box....But in true miner fashion I will mine the shit out of these suckers and make sure I get a ROI one way or another......Bitmain really fk'ed us on this one but then again am i ever glad I didn't go for the A5...I remembered all the disasters with them in the past.

I should also mention about a month ago I emailed Bitmain saying they should exchange my D3's for S9's seeing how I havent even got them yet...I got crickets from them....nothing, not even a response.

Mining the shit out of Dash with D3s will put you more in the hole than coming anywhere near getting an ROI. I would either sell them, or wait a few months and see if the Dash mining difficulty decreases, which is not guaranteed

Where did I say I was going to mine Dash with them?
The sad truth is that it doesn't matter. All X11 coins make the same profit unless their market value goes up. 99% of miners mine for profitability, not because they love Dash and refuse to mine anything else. Miners will mine whatever X11 coin is most profitable and saturate it to the point where is makes the same profit as what you would make mining Dash. Many pools mine the most profitable X11 coin by default and payout in Bitcoin or Dash already. Unfortunately, simply mining another X11 coin for more profit is not viable.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crazy71

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:41:15 AM

i am selling 8 a5 dashmaster or trading them for d3 ..somebody?

thx

I have 4 d3 that will be deliverd some time next week, ill trade you 4 for an A5

ok deal but how we do this?thx add me 18492078030   i will have mines in usa ,boston
gvsrusa

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:36:09 PM

Did you do any changes to the network settings? I have mine running on Nicehash with 33.5 Gh @ 690 watts.

At first fire up, did not do anything. Waited 5min and the miner status was still refreshing. So I check the instruction pdf on their website and change the network setting as in the instructions. Still nothing. Even reset and still nothing, I was able to upgrade no problem.
I think your network settings causing the problem. Check your dns1 and dns2 settings. For me, with default settng it was working fine. After couple of minutes i changed network settings with wrong dns1 and dns2 by mistake. Then i changed them to default numbers and its working fine now.
Ok got it to work. Thanks.
What was wrong with the miner?
polyminer

Activity: 24

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:12:58 PM

Did you do any changes to the network settings? I have mine running on Nicehash with 33.5 Gh @ 690 watts.

At first fire up, did not do anything. Waited 5min and the miner status was still refreshing. So I check the instruction pdf on their website and change the network setting as in the instructions. Still nothing. Even reset and still nothing, I was able to upgrade no problem.
I think your network settings causing the problem. Check your dns1 and dns2 settings. For me, with default settng it was working fine. After couple of minutes i changed network settings with wrong dns1 and dns2 by mistake. Then i changed them to default numbers and its working fine now.
Miner does not work on a wireless universal repeater setup. Change my network to WISP setup and it works, all default setting. Did you overclock yours? I got 36.5Gh @ 845W (1200Mhz/10VID, 48c, on 110v outlet for now, stable). But on pool side (miningpoolhub) averaging alot more (from 36Gh to 56Gh).
gvsrusa

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:18:43 PM

Miner does not work on a wireless universal repeater setup. Change my network to WISP setup and it works, all default setting. Did you overclock yours? I got 36.5Gh @ 845W (1200Mhz/10VID, 48c, on 110v outlet for now, stable). But on pool side (miningpoolhub) averaging alot more (from 36Gh to 56Gh).
I did not overclock it. I was trying to change the pool address but it keep on saying wrong password even though i didn’t change my password and it is not hashing now. And also i’m not able to reset it. I would appreciate yours inputs
polyminer

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:28:54 PM

I did not overclock it. I was trying to change the pool address but it keep on saying wrong password even though i didn’t change my password and it is not hashing now. And also i’m not able to reset it. I would appreciate yours inputs
Plug miner into laptop/computer through ethernet. Follow instructions on the pdf (you can download from their site). Download the upgrade file. Unckeck "keep old settings" if you want manufacturer setting. This will reset everything. Hopefully this will work. Good luck.
gvsrusa

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:13:08 PM

Plug miner into laptop/computer through ethernet. Follow instructions on the pdf (you can download from their site). Download the upgrade file. Unckeck "keep old settings" if you want manufacturer setting. This will reset everything. Hopefully this will work. Good luck.
No luck. Nothing seems to be working
polyminer

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:25:25 PM

Is it drawing any power from the wall and how much watt?
gvsrusa

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:31:40 PM

It’s drawing about 160watts and its been on for 10minutes
polyminer

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:48:32 PM

Could be your blades are fried. Are you still able to access the miner @ 192.168.1.254? (if you haven't change the miner default address)
gvsrusa

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:02:50 PM

Could be your blades are fried. Are you still able to access the miner @ 192.168.1.254? (if you haven't change the miner default address)
That means it’s not gonna work anymore? My $10,000? I’m still be able to access the miner but i can not do any changes to the pool because it keep on saying wrong password even though it is correct and it not hashing.
jizzy87

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:11:37 PM

I have same problem with 2 oF my units
it changed password on its own now i not able to login change setting
there no option to keep old setting also reset does not change password

i did firmware update still password incorrect
is there a way to shh in an reset the pw ?

I got 1 of them to hash but with there default mining address i cannot change to mine
and the other is not hashing at all

these miners where working before and glitched out and it change passwords on there own

and i also notice glitches on a few other ones like blank voltage settings your miners wont mine
i was able to fix this but updating software change voltage to auto then reboot miner and change back to manual

I still have 2 broken miners (incorrect password) email them and left support ticket no response yet
on their website says if you forgot you password cannot be reset but by restoring factory setting must be threw paid support
polyminer

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:23:29 PM

That means it’s not gonna work anymore? My $10,000? I’m still be able to access the miner but i can not do any changes to the pool because it keep on saying wrong password even though it is correct and it not hashing.
Yeah sucks, was there any power outage? If nicehash was down, miner should attempt to connect to failover pools since you can still access miner, your ethernet port is still working but its not hashing so most likely your blades are fried. Did you try pressing reset for 10-15sec? Did you attempt to upgrade it again (this will also reset your miner)? Send back the miner if all else fail, it's still under warranty.
I feel you, paying $10K usd and its breaks down is no fun. Best of luck.
gvsrusa

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:31:27 PM

Yeah sucks, was there any power outage? If nicehash was down, miner should attempt to connect to failover pools since you can still access miner, your ethernet port is still working but its not hashing so most likely your blades are fried. Did you try pressing reset for 10-15sec? Did you attempt to upgrade it again (this will also reset your miner)? Send back the miner if all else fail, it's still under warranty.
I feel you, paying $10K usd and its breaks down is no fun. Best of luck.
Yeah man. I did everything that i can do. But no luck. Upgrade worked fine. Also reset didn’t helpe me.
polyminer

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:33:53 PM

I got 1 of them to hash but with there default mining address i cannot change to mine

these miners where working before and glitched out and it change passwords on there own

and i also notice glitches on a few other ones like blank voltage settings your miners wont mine
i was able to fix this but updating software change voltage to auto then reboot miner and change back to manual

I still have 2 broken miners (incorrect password) email them and left support ticket no response yet
on their website says if you forgot you password cannot be reset but by restoring factory setting must be threw paid support

Are you guys using the free power supply that came with it?
gvsrusa

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:39:28 PM

Yes
polyminer

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:47:15 PM

Yes
Not me, I am using a 1600w oem computer psu. So far no problem, been running @ 1200Mhz stable for 6h now. Temp @ 48c. Ran 16h @ default 1100Mhz, temp @ 45c and was also stable. No glitch, no HW error whatsoever. Fingers crossed! Tongue
Chan8

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:54:07 PM

Im glad to hear some members here finally recieved their dash master a5. With the dcurrent ash price spike i really hope you guys start seeing roi in a shorter time. Anyways, good to see you guys having fun with these new beast.. happy mining everyone!
omshree

Activity: 270
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 08:26:33 PM

To the guy who cannot log in to settings, try swapping the control board with a working one.
Technically these are superb machines. 37Gh@780W, 0 HW, 47C  I am sure at least 1300Mhz could be achieved, temps very low at OC mode too. Anybody can modify the FW to be able to OC more, I am willing to try it out.

Donate if you like 1ANALSEXXGMd6HaN6CzQXtURLC5H9TjKoo
jizzy87

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 10:22:08 PM

if i swap the boards out will void warranty
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: