Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:20:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Innosilicon A5 DashMaster 30.2G 750W  (Read 55195 times)
cryptotore

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 12:26:18 PM

Try deleting the number 3 in order quantity and put 1. looks like it might work?

I did the same.

God damn you are not very bright if you think this is going to work.. Tongue
They clearly state minimum order is 3.

it worked Smiley anyway check their website. now MOQ is 1  + free PSU.

Loool, that turned around quickly! Guess I should eat my hat or something Cheesy
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LiteDeluxe420

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 01:28:29 PM

Is it scam? Because the BTC payment adress is always the same for each order. How can assign the respective order?
bitcoinexplorer

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 01:50:40 PM

Guys just to give you a reminder of what kind of company we are dealing with here!!!

announcement in 2015
A4 Dominator ASIC & Miner Specifications:

A4 ASIC: 3Mhs per chip at 3.6W nominal, support DCDC less PCB
Extreme Low Power: daisy chained ASIC running at 0.7V, only in 14nm
Miner Performance: 600Mhs from 720W at the Wall or 850Mhs from 1020W
PSU Requirements: common PCI-E 8Pins/6+2Pins with 12V output
Included: Raspberry Pi running the most user friendly A2 terminator Software

Actual Specs after release
A4 Miner Specifications:
Part Number: INNOSILICON A4 Dominator 280Mhs per unit (+-10% performance, can be over-clocked at user's risk)
Size: Length 28cm * Width 26cm * Height 13cm
Gross Weight: 9.2KG (without PSU)
ASIC: A4, 80pcs
Blade: 4pcs
Voltage: +12V
Required rated PSU: 1000W or above, 4 * PCI-E 6Pin
Included: Raspberry Pi, it is plug and play with your PSU

seems they blow alot of smoke up their own asses.

So if you take that into account my guess is these miners are going to produce 15-20ghs, That is unless i see some video proof of them hashing at their specs

I have a question that back then did they made that announcement of specs regarding A4 miner on their website or someone did on their behalf on forums?
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 01:57:18 PM

Guys just to give you a reminder of what kind of company we are dealing with here!!!

announcement in 2015
A4 Dominator ASIC & Miner Specifications:

I have a question that back then did they made that announcement of specs regarding A4 miner on their website or someone did on their behalf on forums?
They made the announcement theirself here at the forum in November 17, 2015.
Check out the opening post in this thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1251930.0

1Fish2Fish

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 02:04:53 PM

Innosilicon strategy seems to be, get the most coin they can, while they can, and sell out before shipping time. If there competition sells out in hours then they're selling their products too cheap. Innosilicon just seems to be reacting to the "more demand than supply" market. It's kind of just logical business to raise the price and have a Minimum Order Quantity to help lengthen their availability time and maximize profits. They can gauge the sales response and adjust the MOQ down if the need to speed up their sales. If they dropped MOQ to 1, i'd bet a lot of people on the fence would take the risk and buy one if nothing more than to be a part of this new 11x power move.

Personally I would have bought 3 or 4 if the price was competitive with the D3,,, about $6,000 range.
For me $10k is too much for the risk at this point.
bitcoinexplorer

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 02:12:02 PM

Innosilicon strategy seems to be, get the most coin they can, while they can, and sell out before shipping time. If there competition sells out in hours then they're selling their products too cheap. Innosilicon just seems to be reacting to the "more demand than supply" market. It's kind of just logical business to raise the price and have a Minimum Order Quantity to help lengthen their availability time and maximize profits. They can gauge the sales response and adjust the MOQ down if the need to speed up their sales. If they dropped MOQ to 1, i'd bet a lot of people on the fence would take the risk and buy one if nothing more than to be a part of this new 11x power move.

Personally I would have bought 3 or 4 if the price was competitive with the D3,,, about $6,000 range.
For me $10k is too much for the risk at this point.

good analysis
Vanguard*

Activity: 53

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 04:49:22 PM

Looks like they are desperate now. minimum order dropped to 1 unit (clearly shows that there isn't enough takers on 3 units)
ilookedwhennonedid

Activity: 44

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 04:52:48 PM

9,999$ is the price for this unit.
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 05:08:08 PM

The update from Inno is they will take single unit orders now and will provide a free PSU.  But the price is the still the same.  I asked about possible discount for the forum, but that didn't sound like an option at this time. 

I hope Inno gets the orders they need, but this price point is way outside my budget. 

I can tell you from the past that Inno really worked hard on getting the A4 out the door on time.  We did experience some delays, but they did work hard to get the miners out to us quickly.  Sadly we had some early firmware issues possibly because they did push so hard to get the miners to us.  I guess that is a no win situation, but overall I am satisfied with the work they did to help us.

So I know everyone likes to point out the negative, but I would like to try and balance some of that with the positives from first hand experience.  And having talked with the people at Inno so many times as we worked through the issues.  I know the people we are dealing with and I know they are good people working hard and are working hard to build a growing reputation here on the forum.

It is a valid point though that Inno did announce the A4 chip early, and the initial tests of the chip were impressive.  However once the chips were packaged and put on boards etc there is something that causes these chips to not hash at the same rates once they are integrated with other chips.  I don't know that we have heard the last of that story yet as to why the chip itself seems to be very efficient and hashes well, but when combined with others they do not.   So the orginal announcements for the A4 chip and the specs would have been on target if you could just multiply a single chips performance by the number of chips on a board.  Sadly it didn't work out that way and the numbers provided slipped, and slipped, and slipped. 

So is there any reason to be cautious, absolutely.  Unless you can see one of these units running and showing us the numbers then you have to question what the final numbers will look like. 

Maybe the biggest testament I can give is that if the price was more realistic and within my budget I would be ordering one of these.  However the cost per GH is doesn't line up right now with the price tag that the evil company has thrown out there... So I can't justify the cost of the A5 at this point.

Good luck to those who are ordering the A5's.  Please keep us updated once you start to get them on how they are performing for you.
TenaciousJ

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 05:13:46 PM

The update from Inno is they will take single unit orders now and will provide a free PSU.  But the price is the still the same.  I asked about possible discount for the forum, but that didn't sound like an option at this time. 

I hope Inno gets the orders they need, but this price point is way outside my budget. 

I can tell you from the past that Inno really worked hard on getting the A4 out the door on time.  We did experience some delays, but they did work hard to get the miners out to us quickly.  Sadly we had some early firmware issues possibly because they did push so hard to get the miners to us.  I guess that is a no win situation, but overall I am satisfied with the work they did to help us.

So I know everyone likes to point out the negative, but I would like to try and balance some of that with the positives from first hand experience.  And having talked with the people at Inno so many times as we worked through the issues.  I know the people we are dealing with and I know they are good people working hard and are working hard to build a growing reputation here on the forum.

It is a valid point though that Inno did announce the A4 chip early, and the initial tests of the chip were impressive.  However once the chips were packaged and put on boards etc there is something that causes these chips to not hash at the same rates once they are integrated with other chips.  I don't know that we have heard the last of that story yet as to why the chip itself seems to be very efficient and hashes well, but when combined with others they do not.   So the orginal announcements for the A4 chip and the specs would have been on target if you could just multiply a single chips performance by the number of chips on a board.  Sadly it didn't work out that way and the numbers provided slipped, and slipped, and slipped. 

So is there any reason to be cautious, absolutely.  Unless you can see one of these units running and showing us the numbers then you have to question what the final numbers will look like. 

Maybe the biggest testament I can give is that if the price was more realistic and within my budget I would be ordering one of these.  However the cost per GH is doesn't line up right now with the price tag that the evil company has thrown out there... So I can't justify the cost of the A5 at this point.

Good luck to those who are ordering the A5's.  Please keep us updated once you start to get them on how they are performing for you.

Thank you for keeping us informed on what you've learned.  Its also important to note that the shipping date is already pushed back from September to October 10th.  Whether that's because of preorders growing or delays with production is anyone's guess.
Savik

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 05:27:28 PM

Looks like they are desperate now. minimum order dropped to 1 unit (clearly shows that there isn't enough takers on 3 units)

Yea, and free PSU now? Smells of desperation. I wonder if we will see a price drop after July 25, or maybe thats crazy.

bitcoinexplorer

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 05:30:46 PM

We the miners can only advise or take actions which could make ASIC company consider our suggestions, lets decide to not pre-order unless innnosilicon either reduce the price to $6 to $7k with assurance that the announced specifications will be provided without any excuses and in case of any lower megahashes or higher wattages they will refund 50% of the money as compensation.

blissz

Activity: 336
Merit: 258

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 05:46:24 PM

We the miners can only advise or take actions which could make ASIC company consider our suggestions, lets decide to not pre-order unless innnosilicon either reduce the price to $6 to $7k with assurance that the announced specifications will be provided without any excuses and in case of any lower megahashes or higher wattages they will refund 50% of the money as compensation.

Junior member with very wise words. Smiley
TenaciousJ

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 06:07:13 PM

Market power is the best leverage available for sure... I would love to see some video evidence that this device performs as advertised for sure.  If they're in production, certainly that's not too much of an ask.
bitcoinexplorer

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 06:09:09 PM

Thanks, i am just trying to share what i i understand.
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 06:18:53 PM

Yeah.
Bitfury demonstrated their new 16nm BTC ASIC chip performance in multiple Youtube videos before there was any actual miner.
(side note: Not that those are easy to buy, BlockBoxes need big ass capital and 3rd party miners (like Hotmine) are not so easy to buy either.)

See this for example for what I mean https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zPpj1JYw38

Vanguard*

Activity: 53

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 06:23:24 PM

i asked them in skype do they have footage of these stated hashrates and this was their reply

"The chip has passed the verification and the machine is on the way"

so from that i gather they have got not real proof of the miner being able to perform what they stated if they have just tested the "chip"
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 06:43:56 PM

i asked them in skype do they have footage of these stated hashrates and this was their reply

so from that i gather they have got not real proof of the miner being able to perform what they stated if they have just tested the "chip"

We saw in the past that what the chip will do by itself has no bearing on what it will do in a board with other chips.  So if they are at the chip testing phase only then there may still be some surprises.  We won't know what the specs will be like until they have that first board build and then that first miner built and burning in.  

Depending on who is doing this packaging and integration for them they can turn this around faster than I thought they could from what they told us with the A4's.  However when there are hold ups with who ever is doing that for them that is when we saw the delays.  
bitcoinexplorer

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 07:06:08 PM

We saw in the past that what the chip will do by itself has no bearing on what it will do in a board with other chips.  So if they are at the chip testing phase only then there may still be some surprises.  We won't know what the specs will be like until they have that first board build and then that first miner built and burning in.  

Depending on who is doing this packaging and integration for them they can turn this around faster than I thought they could from what they told us with the A4's.  However when there are hold ups with who ever is doing that for them that is when we saw the delays.  

Wow what a great formula, take customer money and then build something
jcwhiteuk

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 08:50:20 PM

4.22 BTC or $9999. Bit pricey, considering the difficulty when these hit the market. 10 Oct now. I would consider that price if they could deliver it now.

I see they also changed the minimum order now to 1. People have probably done their sums and the ROI will be likely a year, putting people off.

We will see what happens nearer the time of delivery, hopefully they have realized they have priced it slightly too high and come down. I think the $7000 mark is fair. Plus, with bitcoin today at $2800 you'll be paying $11816, they need to sort that out too.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: