Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:40:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Innosilicon A5 DashMaster 30.2G 750W  (Read 55195 times)
talkcoins

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:22:19 AM

Finally, two days ago I got hold of Chloe (CS Rep from Inno) on Skype. She said they are currently delivering according to orders, but could not provide me with any proof. She said customers will receive additional 0.6% extra hashrate for each day late in the A5 (no idea how this works). Any delivery later than 30 days will receive an A4+ free. I suggested them to make an official statement on their website and on Twitter about their intention to compensate. Until they do this, I do not trust them a bit.
Do you understand how crazy this statement is ? 0.6% hashrate for each day delay Huh? Do you think there's a knob inside the miner that can be tuned to a specific hash rate ?

Or you perhaps think they'll solder more asics inside the boards to accomodate that 0.6%/day for *each* customer ?

Lol!

I did laugh when I got that message from her. I asked her how the hashrate compensation applies and she replied vaguely 20% a month, 0.6% a day......any did not eleborate any further. As I said until they make public announcement on the delivery schedule and their intention to compensate I do not trust them a bit. I squeeze their balls every day on Skype, sometimes I get a reply, other times just dead silence.

Yesterday, came from the air her message on Skype states that all pre-order customers will receive the A5 by Nov 20th with a coupon redeemable for future purchase. Just another joke. I asked the value of the coupon, and again she disappeared without further reply. That means no compensation of an A4+ if I orders are received by Nov 20th.

For all you guys, I will continue to squeeze their balls and will post update.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chan8

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 02:42:22 AM

Hello, ive heard on slack group from someone today that some customers have recieved the innosolicon a5 miners already? Can somebody confirm this? I have a few buddies still waiting on these things.
Anyways, if anybody recieved this miners already please update and with pictures if possible.

Thanks
BTCRockefeller

Activity: 34

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:17:33 PM

Hello, ive heard on slack group from someone today that some customers have recieved the innosolicon a5 miners already? Can somebody confirm this? I have a few buddies still waiting on these things.
Anyways, if anybody recieved this miners already please update and with pictures if possible.

Thanks

Well looking at the latest hike in dash network hashrate a large number of powerful machines have come online and are hashing away

https://www.p2poolmining.us/dash-breaks-petahash-barrier/

might be another batch of D3s because innosilicon would make a huge announcement that they are shipping to get us off their backs

So until someone can confirm otherwise, a5s haven't started shipping yet

Chan8

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:09:27 PM

Thanks

Well looking at the latest hike in dash network hashrate a large number of powerful machines have come online and are hashing away

https://www.p2poolmining.us/dash-breaks-petahash-barrier/

might be another batch of D3s because innosilicon would make a huge announcement that they are shipping to get us off their backs

So until someone can confirm otherwise, a5s haven't started shipping yet

Ahhh thank you for your reply. Ive snooped around today and noticed innosilicon has posted pictures of the a5 dashmaster units packaged and stated the units are being shipped out.
So maybe information ive gotten hss been wrong regarding custimers recieving. But it seems like some customers will finally be recieving these units very shortly.
Dockin

Activity: 84
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:04:48 AM

So Innosilicon is not making it any easier for us to make a RIO on these... can't say I'm surprised of course...
They released a video showing their mining farms in action:
https://twitter.com/Inno_Miner/status/928235158540390405

It is now 3x more profitable to mine Bitcoin with an Antminer S9, than to mine Dash with an A5 (Not even considering the huge price difference). I honestly do not understand how this happened. One would think that there is more competition in Bitcoin than there would be in Dash right? Doesn't make sense...

Also, If anybody is interested, here is an image of that appears to be the Innosilicon A5. I have no idea if this is a credible source:
https://www.sbazar.cz/kerndlmichal/detail/25413397-innosilicon-a5-dashmaster-30-ghs-miner-x11

Found this seller on Alibaba that shows images of what are supposed pallets of A5s:
https://szdihao.en.alibaba.com/product/60680062639-805244449/DIHAO_INNOSILICON_A5_DashMaster_FACTORY_PREORDER_NEW_X11_A5_DASHMASTER_Miner_30_2G_750W_algorithm_DASH_X11_DASH_miners.html

Also.. RIP Antminer D3s. Sorry you were not able to make a lasting impression. You had a good short run.

At current rate it will take Innosilicon A5 purchasers ~3 years to reach any kind of ROI given average American electricity costs... Assuming difficulty doesn't rise any more by then, which it indefinitely will as soon as we all get our hands on these Sad I am embarrassed to say that I am one of these people that trusted Innosilicon to deliver as promised. Never again. I should have listened to the horror stories told about the A4.

RIP Dash miner investors.
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:35:05 AM

So Innosilicon is not making it any easier for us to make a RIO on these... can't say I'm surprised of course...
They released a video showing their mining farms in action:
https://twitter.com/Inno_Miner/status/928235158540390405

It is now 3x more profitable to mine Bitcoin with an Antminer S9, than to mine Dash with an A5 (Not even considering the huge price difference). I honestly do not understand how this happened. One would think that there is more competition in Bitcoin than there would be in Dash right? Doesn't make sense...

Also, If anybody is interested, here is an image of that appears to be the Innosilicon A5. I have no idea if this is a credible source:
https://www.sbazar.cz/kerndlmichal/detail/25413397-innosilicon-a5-dashmaster-30-ghs-miner-x11

Found this seller on Alibaba that shows images of what are supposed pallets of A5s:
https://szdihao.en.alibaba.com/product/60680062639-805244449/DIHAO_INNOSILICON_A5_DashMaster_FACTORY_PREORDER_NEW_X11_A5_DASHMASTER_Miner_30_2G_750W_algorithm_DASH_X11_DASH_miners.html

Also.. RIP Antminer D3s. Sorry you were not able to make a lasting impression. You had a good short run.

At current rate it will take Innosilicon A5 purchasers ~3 years to reach any kind of ROI given average American electricity costs... Assuming difficulty doesn't rise any more by then, which it indefinitely will as soon as we all get our hands on these Sad I am embarrassed to say that I am one of these people that trusted Innosilicon to deliver as promised. Never again. I should have listened to the horror stories told about the A4.

RIP Dash miner investors.

dashmaster 30GH for 10k ?
D3 19 GH for $1500 ?

LOOOOOL rip A5 more like dash loser
Dockin

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:41:41 AM

D3 19 GH for $1500 ?

In a couple months the D3 will cost more in electricity to run than it earns. And currently it only nets ~$2.50 USD worth of Dash per day at 17 Gh factoring average electricity costs in the US. The only chance anybody will have to make profit is going to have to be with the A5, until something more powerful comes out.

It might take years for the A5 to be worth it. But at least the possibility is there. Try running the D3 for a year and you will be paying more in electricity than you will be making, never mind the cost put forward to buy it.

Unless you have free electricity.. D3's will start to yield negative profits in a couple of months.

Btw Innosilicon just posted this. Shipping has allegedly started... given Innosilions track record, I don't even know if I can believe this Tweet:
https://twitter.com/Inno_Miner/status/928803414338707458
Marvell2

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:02:01 AM

D3 19 GH for $1500 ?

In a couple months the D3 will cost more in electricity to run than it earns. And currently it only nets ~$2.50 USD worth of Dash per day at 17 Gh factoring average electricity costs in the US. The only chance anybody will have to make profit is going to have to be with the A5, until something more powerful comes out.

It might take years for the A5 to be worth it. But at least the possibility is there. Try running the D3 for a year and you will be paying more in electricity than you will be making, never mind the cost put forward to buy it.

Unless you have free electricity.. D3's will start to yield negative profits in a couple of months.

Btw Innosilicon just posted this. Shipping has allegedly started... given Innosilions track record, I don't even know if I can believe this Tweet:
is it becuase you are factoring in power usage? Innosilicon is notorious for understating power usage

Id wait to recive a few units in the wild before making predictions like this
crazy71

Activity: 43

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:35:31 AM

i am in the black hole too....i bougth 7 a5 and 10 d3 ....but anyway  somebody that have d3 19ghz did you wnat trade 7 unist d3 for 1 unit a5? sorry about this post i put all my money in the a5...but i can save my as... with d3 i dont pay elelctricity

Cry Cry Cry
Dockin

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:49:18 AM

D3 19 GH for $1500 ?

is it becuase you are factoring in power usage? Innosilicon is notorious for understating power usage

Yes, as power usage is the determining factor on profitability.

Even if the A5 used the same amount of power draw as the D3, which Inno has already released video proof that it does not, it will still be making a profit at the end of the day. That's not to say that they will ever reach ROI because who knows when something more powerful gets released.. but the D3's are barely making anything already, which is why they are so cheap on ebay ($850 USD new, unopened). People are trying to get rid of them.

Once the Dash difficulty reaches 65 000 000 then D3's will officially cost more to run than they will be making. (at current rates ect..) The difficulty is at 36 000 000 as of the time of this writing.

Contrast that to the A5. The mining difficulty would have to reach 180 000 000 before the A5's are obsolete in the US (given average US power costs.. other areas will vary). If the A5 used the same power draw as the D3, then the network difficulty would need to reach 110 000 000 before profits are lost. Either way, much better than the D3 of course.

Use this tool to check for yourself: https://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/dash-mining-calculator/
theminingshop

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:46:00 AM

I sell Innosilicon A5 DashMaster 30.2G 750W at a low price in stock.
- Contact me in p.m
- I accept bitcoin (BTC) as payment.

official post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2382780.msg24335161#msg24335161
Dockin

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 10:56:39 PM

Figured I would leave this here:

A community petition titled "D3 Antminer firmware update for additional mining algorithms"   Cheesy  Roll Eyes
https://www.change.org/p/https-twitter-com-bitmaintech-d3-antminer-firmware-update-for-additional-mining-algorithms?recruiter=831205993&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition

I guess D3 purchasers are not happy about their gains because of the Dash mining difficulty level.

So far 190 people confirmed that they do not understand how mining works. Cheesy

omshree

Activity: 270
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 06:48:27 AM

So, any news about what the compensation will be? They wrote a mail first to verify 2 extra miners for us, then only promised extra hashpower. Anybody more updated?

Donate if you like 1ANALSEXXGMd6HaN6CzQXtURLC5H9TjKoo
BTCRockefeller

Activity: 34

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 09:59:46 AM

So, any news about what the compensation will be? They wrote a mail first to verify 2 extra miners for us, then only promised extra hashpower. Anybody more updated?

In my case they don't even reply to emails about shipping dates, shipping info etc.
omshree

Activity: 270
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 03:15:06 PM

Well, looks like they stopped all forms communications... Days without any life signal...

Donate if you like 1ANALSEXXGMd6HaN6CzQXtURLC5H9TjKoo
Marvell2

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 04:00:13 PM

D3 19 GH for $1500 ?

Yes, as power usage is the determining factor on profitability.

Even if the A5 used the same amount of power draw as the D3, which Inno has already released video proof that it does not, it will still be making a profit at the end of the day. That's not to say that they will ever reach ROI because who knows when something more powerful gets released.. but the D3's are barely making anything already, which is why they are so cheap on ebay ($850 USD new, unopened). People are trying to get rid of them.

Once the Dash difficulty reaches 65 000 000 then D3's will officially cost more to run than they will be making. (at current rates ect..) The difficulty is at 36 000 000 as of the time of this writing.

Contrast that to the A5. The mining difficulty would have to reach 180 000 000 before the A5's are obsolete in the US (given average US power costs.. other areas will vary). If the A5 used the same power draw as the D3, then the network difficulty would need to reach 110 000 000 before profits are lost. Either way, much better than the D3 of course.

Use this tool to check for yourself: https://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/dash-mining-calculator/
miners have mined at losses before , this is nothing new, some idiots will turn off thier d3 or sell for peanuts, smart folks will mine dash or something else dirctly and wait for price increases.  plus if you have over .10 cent power your not supposed to be asic mining anyways get u a bunch of 1060 or 1070s dummies
Dockin

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:09:25 PM

miners have mined at losses before , this is nothing new, some idiots will turn off thier d3 or sell for peanuts, smart folks will mine dash or something else dirctly and wait for price increases.  plus if you have over .10 cent power your not supposed to be asic mining anyways get u a bunch of 1060 or 1070s dummies
Miners will not mine at a loss. I don't know how you can convince yourself that they would. The smart ones will stop mining at a loss and sell their equipment. You don't see many Antminer S5's running anymore do you? The name of the game in mining is profitability. Nobody is mining at a loss long term because it's fun to do.

It is still plenty profitable to mine at 10 cents/kWh in most cases. Right now not a crazy amount for Dash, but the incentives will align with the difficulty rate eventually as soon as everybody realizes that they in fact are not going to make $400 000 annually from one Dash miner and move on. Of course, you will always be more profitable at a lower cents/kWh cost but I believe most people who bough the D3 or A5 have never even considered that because they thought they would have it paid off in a month.

Mining Ethereum with a 1060 or 1070 is, on average, not any more or any less efficient than any other cryptocurrency. Why? Because of the nature of mining and its' incentive game theory. People only mine what is profitable. This is the most obvious #1 rule.

If you are mining because of the fact that you are trying to "...wait for price increases" then smart people will just buy the cryptocurrency directly and wait for the price to increase. Why waste money mining it yourself if your not making a profit and you could just buy it?
Marvell2

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:14:00 PM

Miners will not mine at a loss. I don't know how you can convince yourself that they would. The smart ones will stop mining at a loss and sell their equipment. You don't see many Antminer S5's running anymore do you? The name of the game in mining is profitability. Nobody is mining at a loss long term because it's fun to do.

It is still plenty profitable to mine at 10 cents/kWh in most cases. Right now not a crazy amount for Dash, but the incentives will align with the difficulty rate eventually as soon as everybody realizes that they in fact are not going to make $400 000 annually from one Dash miner and move on. Of course, you will always be more profitable at a lower cents/kWh cost but I believe most people who bough the D3 or A5 have never even considered that because they thought they would have it paid off in a month.

Mining Ethereum with a 1060 or 1070 is, on average, not any more or any less efficient than any other cryptocurrency. Why? Because of the nature of mining and its' incentive game theory. People only mine what is profitable. This is the most obvious #1 rule.

If you are mining because of the fact that you are trying to "...wait for price increases" then smart people will just buy the cryptocurrency directly and wait for the price to increase. Why waste money mining it yourself if your not making a profit and you could just buy it?

youre making zero sense, we are talking about people who
already have D3s in hand or will be getting them soon, and you yoursef just said that the d3 will be unpofitable i.e use the same amount of power as the money it makes in a few months, up until that point they will still be making money
and the units are fully paid for in any case.

even when the difuculty hits the point where they are mot making money they wont me losing much a day for a while
dash was like $500 in april it stands to reason that at some point it will go back up as news or updates get rrsleased

either way selling a unit you bought for $1500 or more for $500, is stupid , People who stopped mining in 2013 when profits were non existant and sold thier rigs for penuts still kick themselvs today, alot of them would have been millionares if they kept at it and hoarded coins .

history will most likely repeat itself here.

compariing mining with the s3 or s2 is idiotic, those machines all had thier 2 year run and were totally obsolete after the s7 came out, the A5 and D3 are new technology they will mine dash for at least a year get real bro
Dockin

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 09:03:21 PM

miners have mined at losses before , this is nothing new, some idiots will turn off thier d3 or sell for peanuts, smart folks will mine dash or something else dirctly and wait for price increases.  plus if you have over .10 cent power your not supposed to be asic mining anyways get u a bunch of 1060 or 1070s dummies

youre making zero sense, we are talking about people who
already have D3s in hand or will be getting them soon, and you yoursef just said that the d3 will be unpofitable i.e use the same amount of power as the money it makes in a few months, up until that point they will still be making money
and the units are fully paid for in any case.

even when the difuculty hits the point where they are mot making money they wont me losing much a day for a while
dash was like $500 in april it stands to reason that at some point it will go back up as news or updates get rrsleased

either way selling a unit you bought for $1500 or more for $500, is stupid , People who stopped mining in 2013 when profits were non existant and sold thier rigs for penuts still kick themselvs today, alot of them would have been millionares if they kept at it and hoarded coins .

history will most likely repeat itself here.

compariing mining with the s3 or s2 is idiotic, those machines all had thier 2 year run and were totally obsolete after the s7 came out, the A5 and D3 are new technology they will mine dash for at least a year get real bro
Anybody who plugs in an Antminer D3 today has very little chance of ever reaching ROI when accounting for electricity costs. At current network difficulty, it will take 2 years to reach an ROI with a D3 (in the US assuming 10 cents/kWh). This is also assuming that the network difficulty does not increase during those 2 years, which would mean that nobody starts to run their new A5's on the network.

Yes, of course the price of Dash can rise dramatically, but if that is the case, you would have been better off all along to just buy Dash instead of purchasing a miner. In fact, you would have made more by doing that instead of mining.

You also have to realize that the market can also go down just as fast as it goes up. If people sell Dash as soon as they mine it, then it will devalue and it will be even harder to reach ROI.

People who stopped mining in 2013 when profits were non existant and sold thier rigs for penuts still kick themselvs today, alot of them would have been millionares if they kept at it and hoarded coins .
Again, if you believe that the saving grace will be because of the increase in the price of Dash, then buying Dash directly will be far more profitable than buying a D3.

It is not a good strategy to buy a miner, knowing that it will be mining at a loss, and expect to come out on top because you believe the value of the cryptocurrency will increase. The very opposite is likely to happen.

Dockin

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 09:14:32 PM

It is not idiotic. If you take the time to do some research, you would see that the exponential rate in which the network difficulty on Dash has skyrocketed has far outweighed the difficulty increase of the Bitcoin network in the time span of when the S5's, S7's and even the S9's were released. This is why brand new miners like the D3 are so unprofitable already even though they have just been released.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: