Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:43:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Innosilicon A5 DashMaster 30.2G 750W  (Read 55195 times)
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 01:35:13 AM

miners have mined at losses before , this is nothing new, some idiots will turn off thier d3 or sell for peanuts, smart folks will mine dash or something else dirctly and wait for price increases.  plus if you have over .10 cent power your not supposed to be asic mining anyways get u a bunch of 1060 or 1070s dummies
Miners will not mine at a loss. I don't know how you can convince yourself that they would. The smart ones will stop mining at a loss and sell their equipment. You don't see many Antminer S5's running anymore do you? The name of the game in mining is profitability. Nobody is mining at a loss long term because it's fun to do.

It is still plenty profitable to mine at 10 cents/kWh in most cases. Right now not a crazy amount for Dash, but the incentives will align with the difficulty rate eventually as soon as everybody realizes that they in fact are not going to make $400 000 annually from one Dash miner and move on. Of course, you will always be more profitable at a lower cents/kWh cost but I believe most people who bough the D3 or A5 have never even considered that because they thought they would have it paid off in a month.

Mining Ethereum with a 1060 or 1070 is, on average, not any more or any less efficient than any other cryptocurrency. Why? Because of the nature of mining and its' incentive game theory. People only mine what is profitable. This is the most obvious #1 rule.

If you are mining because of the fact that you are trying to "...wait for price increases" then smart people will just buy the cryptocurrency directly and wait for the price to increase. Why waste money mining it yourself if your not making a profit and you could just buy it?

youre making zero sense, we are talking about people who
already have D3s in hand or will be getting them soon, and you yoursef just said that the d3 will be unpofitable i.e use the same amount of power as the money it makes in a few months, up until that point they will still be making money
and the units are fully paid for in any case.

even when the difuculty hits the point where they are mot making money they wont me losing much a day for a while
dash was like $500 in april it stands to reason that at some point it will go back up as news or updates get rrsleased

either way selling a unit you bought for $1500 or more for $500, is stupid , People who stopped mining in 2013 when profits were non existant and sold thier rigs for penuts still kick themselvs today, alot of them would have been millionares if they kept at it and hoarded coins .

history will most likely repeat itself here.

compariing mining with the s3 or s2 is idiotic, those machines all had thier 2 year run and were totally obsolete after the s7 came out, the A5 and D3 are new technology they will mine dash for at least a year get real bro
Anybody who plugs in an Antminer D3 today has very little chance of ever reaching ROI when accounting for electricity costs. At current network difficulty, it will take 2 years to reach an ROI with a D3 (in the US assuming 10 cents/kWh). This is also assuming that the network difficulty does not increase during those 2 years, which would mean that nobody starts to run their new A5's on the network.

Yes, of course the price of Dash can rise dramatically, but if that is the case, you would have been better off all along to just buy Dash instead of purchasing a miner. In fact, you would have made more by doing that instead of mining.

You also have to realize that the market can also go down just as fast as it goes up. If people sell Dash as soon as they mine it, then it will devalue and it will be even harder to reach ROI.

People who stopped mining in 2013 when profits were non existant and sold thier rigs for penuts still kick themselvs today, alot of them would have been millionares if they kept at it and hoarded coins .
Again, if you believe that the saving grace will be because of the increase in the price of Dash, then buying Dash directly will be far more profitable than buying a D3.

It is not a good strategy to buy a miner, knowing that it will be mining at a loss, and expect to come out on top because you believe the value of the cryptocurrency will increase. The very opposite is likely to happen.

WE are talking about people who already have D3's in hand book it if they keep their machines plugged in they will at the minimum ROI as long as they did not get gouged on the price and bought directly from bitmain.

I suspect you don't even follow your own advice telling people to sell their D3's which they just got LOL , who knows what will happen with dash prices , forks whatever next year.

smart miners are in this for the long run, this is not a get quick rich scheme keep on with the misinformation and fear mongering , only idiots will listen to you.  Us old school miners have been here before carry on ...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dockin

Activity: 84
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:02:15 AM

WE are talking about people who already have D3's in hand book it if they keep their machines plugged in they will at the minimum ROI as long as they did not get gouged on the price and bought directly from bitmain.

I suspect you don't even follow your own advice telling people to sell their D3's which they just got LOL , who knows what will happen with dash prices , forks whatever next year.

smart miners are in this for the long run, this is not a get quick rich scheme keep on with the misinformation and fear mongering , only idiots will listen to you.  Us old school miners have been here before carry on ...

Please do some research and stop making assumptions.

How do you believe that ROI will be achieved? D3's are not the most efficient miner out there and everybody who bought one knew that before purchasing it. Even if the price stays exactly as it is now, the network difficulty is too high to make an ROI now. I'm not saying to sell them, but there is a slim chance that anybody will be able to make an ROI if they started mining today. If they started a month ago then they may have a chance.

I don't own and D3's and I probably would sell them if I did.

If you really believe that the Dash price will save everybody, then go buy Dash now because you will make more doing so than you would mining it. The Dash price increase is the only saving grace for D3 purchasers, and if they knew that before they bought them, they would have just bought Dash instead.

If you are in this for the long run, then you should know that the D3 is definitely not going to make you a profit. People only bought them to get in the game while the difficulty rate of mining was still low (The opposite reason as going into it for the long run). If you managed to be one of those people, and had started mining a month ago, then congrats you might have reached ROI and be $500 ahead after a year. If you start mining now, you will never reach ROI with a D3.

If you think I'm just spreading misinformed information and fear mongering, I'm sorry but you don't understand simple facts and network statistics.
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:24:32 AM

How do you believe that ROI will be achieved? D3's are not the most efficient miner out there and everybody who bought one knew that before purchasing it. Even if the price stays exactly as it is now, the network difficulty is too high to make an ROI now. I'm not saying to sell them, but there is a slim chance that anybody will be able to make an ROI if they started mining today. If they started a month ago then they may have a chance.

If you really believe that the Dash price will save everybody, then go buy Dash now because you will make more doing so than you would mining it. The Dash price increase is the only saving grace for D3 purchasers, and if they knew that before they bought them, they would have just bought Dash instead.

If you are in this for the long run, then you should know that the D3 is definitely not going to make you a profit. People only bought them to get in the game while the difficulty rate of mining was still low (The opposite reason as going into it for the long run). If you managed to be one of those people, and had started mining a month ago, then congrats you might have reached ROI and be $500 ahead after a year. If you start mining now, you will never reach ROI with a D3.

If you think I'm just spreading misinformed information and fear mongering, I'm sorry but you don't understand simple facts and network statistics.

all this from a 19 post expert 😂😂😂😂
my last comment on this : Everyone can do what they want but history always repeats itself in the mining game
I've given my advice lol take it or leave it, even this wana be expert doesnt have a crystal ball although it seems he would like you to believe he does.

If you feel you need to sell your D3 go for it but , im my opionion its a short sighted move unless you get close to what you paid for it I would hang on to it lots could happen price wise in the next 12 months
Dockin

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:37:16 AM

my last comment on this : Everyone can do what they want but history always repeats itself in the mining game
I've given my advice lol take it or leave it, even this wana be expert doesnt have a crystal ball although it seems he would like you to believe he does.

If you feel you need to sell your D3 go for it but , im my opionion its a short sighted move unless you get close to what you paid for it I would hang on to it lots could happen price wise in the next 12 months
I don't believe myself to be an expert but I can Google network statistics and do simple math, which apparently is magic to you.

If you believe that history repeats itself in the mining game, then you should know that mining with less efficient equipment has never worked out that well for most. I will most certainly leave your advice but thanks.

Just because the D3 is new, doesn't mean you will profit from it. If mining were that easy more people would be doing it and there would be no risk involved.

Again, if the price is what is going to save you then you need to understand that it would still be more profitable to buy dash rather than mine Dash. I can see that you are having trouble grasping that concept.

BTCRockefeller

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:46:20 AM

idk dash as a whole seems to have greatly slowed down

it seems most people who talk about it on the internet are directly paid to do so by dash org, and im sorry but sometimes they seem creepy too because its obvious they are public speakers just not for crypto currency so their talks/videos etc dont come natural too

for the above reasons i wouldnt mine, buy, sell,hold.hodl or do anything related to dash

plus they spend all the dash org money which was supposed to give them a boost over other currencies on sponsoring expensive events and other stuff that really bring no value whatsoever in the long term.

crazy71

Activity: 43

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:08:37 AM

extra!! extra! i have 8 a5 to trade for  d3 .....i can trade 1 a5 for 5 d3 ....anybody need and by the way i see this post for  a gut in the dashforum

who want to find solution about D3 who buy a lot, we can add each other to discuse and search for good way of our unluck with buy this Sntminer D3 from Bitmain who now Deleted that Asic from site, and now its not show us ( like show others miner Technics like Sold out) now its just guys must wait for next year or next 2 years and god with us only now that is incredible shootdown, for 3$ mining and mastermdodes reach up now for each 1000Dash he earn per day 100++$ and miners dont make profit nothing if pay electricity 2.3$ ,something is very wrong i write on bitcointalk about dash mining and mastermodes, and its says like they give us 45% vs 45% for mastermodes but on fact is not trully now for that price, by the way Dash price have rised up and its not make up our mining profit, m contact is Viber +37379077402 skype: bizness.invest (Gregor ) we must find solution toghether!
TunerDude007

Activity: 458
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 08:06:08 PM

Long time miner here...and yes I'm pissed that my 3 D3's arriving tomorrow direct from Bitmain are barely profitable out of the box....But in true miner fashion I will mine the shit out of these suckers and make sure I get a ROI one way or another......Bitmain really fk'ed us on this one but then again am i ever glad I didn't go for the A5...I remembered all the disasters with them in the past.

I should also mention about a month ago I emailed Bitmain saying they should exchange my D3's for S9's seeing how I havent even got them yet...I got crickets from them....nothing, not even a response.
Dockin

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:15:18 PM

extra!! extra! i have 8 a5 to trade for  d3 .....i can trade 1 a5 for 5 d3 ....anybody need and by the way i see this post for  a gut in the dashforum

who want to find solution about D3 who buy a lot, we can add each other to discuse and search for good way of our unluck with buy this Sntminer D3 from Bitmain who now Deleted that Asic from site, and now its not show us ( like show others miner Technics like Sold out) now its just guys must wait for next year or next 2 years and god with us only now that is incredible shootdown, for 3$ mining and mastermdodes reach up now for each 1000Dash he earn per day 100++$ and miners dont make profit nothing if pay electricity 2.3$ ,something is very wrong i write on bitcointalk about dash mining and mastermodes, and its says like they give us 45% vs 45% for mastermodes but on fact is not trully now for that price, by the way Dash price have rised up and its not make up our mining profit, m contact is Viber +37379077402 skype: bizness.invest (Gregor ) we must find solution toghether!

Unless you have access to free electricity, then you should seriously consider keeping the A5 instead of trading them for D3s. Once the A5s start getting plugged in, I think the D3s will be costing you more to run then they are going to make. At least for a while until people start to exit the Dash mining game and the difficulty becomes a little more manageable.

In what way do you think the D3s will be more profitable than the A5s? Instead of having 5 D3s that are going to net you either $0 or negative amounts for a while, or have 1 A5 that will make $4-$10 per day?
Dockin

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:17:16 PM

Long time miner here...and yes I'm pissed that my 3 D3's arriving tomorrow direct from Bitmain are barely profitable out of the box....But in true miner fashion I will mine the shit out of these suckers and make sure I get a ROI one way or another......Bitmain really fk'ed us on this one but then again am i ever glad I didn't go for the A5...I remembered all the disasters with them in the past.

I should also mention about a month ago I emailed Bitmain saying they should exchange my D3's for S9's seeing how I havent even got them yet...I got crickets from them....nothing, not even a response.

Mining the shit out of Dash with D3s will put you more in the hole than coming anywhere near getting an ROI. I would either sell them, or wait a few months and see if the Dash mining difficulty decreases, which is not guaranteed
crazy71

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 04:37:52 AM

Unless you have access to free electricity, then you should seriously consider keeping the A5 instead of trading them for D3s. Once the A5s start getting plugged in, I think the D3s will be costing you more to run then they are going to make. At least for a while until people start to exit the Dash mining game and the difficulty becomes a little more manageable.

In what way do you think the D3s will be more profitable than the A5s? Instead of having 5 D3s that are going to net you either $0 or negative amounts for a while, or have 1 A5 that will make $4-$10 per day?
maybe ot maybe more but i want do it and maybe can do some profit with a 5 istead cant do with d3s ...so somebody want make a trade? thx
BTCRockefeller

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 06:05:27 PM

Hey guys

Anyone received an a5 yet Huh
Dockin

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 01:19:06 AM
Last edit: November 18, 2017, 01:30:12 AM by Dockin

Hey guys

Nope. Haven't heard anybody who claimed to have received one yet. Although...

I did find a couple A5 videos popping up on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr3qDZuRKHs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa8cw5aeIkQ

If you haven't checked Innosilicon's Twitter page, there is a short video of them in action.

The A5 appears to be quite a bit smaller than the Antminer D3, which I found to be quite interesting.
Also, from what I gather using YouTube's auto generated English closed captions (quite inaccurate I know..), the guy in the video claims that normal mode is in fact 30 GH/s, 32GH/s in 'esa' and 38GH/s overclocked. Not sure if 'esa' was translated correctly... if anybody knows please enlighten me. He also claims 750 Watts of energy consumption in normal mode.

He also states that the D3 is nosier than the A5, which I think is also a big plus for anybody who will be running the A5 at home or more likely in their garage.

When he plugs it in he ends up getting 33GH/s which is quite nice! If this is legit, then Innosilicon actually managed to hit their promised target which is good news. Not sure it will be enough to hit an ROI any time soon though  Sad
crazy71

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:28:31 AM

i am selling 8 a5 dashmaster or trading them for d3 ..somebody?

thx
Dockin

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:49:42 AM

thx
You might have better luck posting in the marketplace: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=75.0
VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 03:19:13 AM
Last edit: November 18, 2017, 04:05:32 AM by VoskCoin

Probably a long shot, but is anyone interested in having me host their A5 or renting me their a5? I want to review it for my YouTube channel and website www.YouTube.com/VoskCoin + www.VoskCoin.com

May help your ROI Cheesy I could also mine to your wallet

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
crazy71

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 03:46:28 AM

thx
You might have better luck posting in the marketplace: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=75.0

hey great man many thx Wink Cheesy
crazy71

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 03:51:06 AM

Probably a long shot, but is anyone interested in renting me their a5? I want to review it for my YouTube channel and website www.YouTube.com/VoskCoin + www.VoskCoin.com

hi,what is the deal? how you meaning renting? my whatup is 18492078030

i have 8 a5  almost ready to ship....i will try to minigsolo any advice to get more profits i will get 10 d3 too in the way.i dont pay elelctricity so thats why i want to trade for d3  .1 a5 for 4 d3

VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 04:07:58 AM

Probably a long shot, but is anyone interested in renting me their a5? I want to review it for my YouTube channel and website www.YouTube.com/VoskCoin + www.VoskCoin.com

hi,what is the deal? how you meaning renting? my whatup is 18492078030

i have 8 a5  almost ready to ship....i will try to minigsolo any advice to get more profits i will get 10 d3 too in the way.i dont pay elelctricity so thats why i want to trade for d3  .1 a5 for 4 d3

Basically I’d like to host 1-2 miners for free for a month or so
PM if you’re interested / anyone else

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
BTCRockefeller

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 10:07:23 AM

Hey guys

Nope. Haven't heard anybody who claimed to have received one yet. Although...

I did find a couple A5 videos popping up on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr3qDZuRKHs

If you haven't checked Innosilicon's Twitter page, there is a short video of them in action.

The A5 appears to be quite a bit smaller than the Antminer D3, which I found to be quite interesting.
Also, from what I gather using YouTube's auto generated English closed captions (quite inaccurate I know..), the guy in the video claims that normal mode is in fact 30 GH/s, 32GH/s in 'esa' and 38GH/s overclocked. Not sure if 'esa' was translated correctly... if anybody knows please enlighten me. He also claims 750 Watts of energy consumption in normal mode.

He also states that the D3 is nosier than the A5, which I think is also a big plus for anybody who will be running the A5 at home or more likely in their garage.

When he plugs it in he ends up getting 33GH/s which is quite nice! If this is legit, then Innosilicon actually managed to hit their promised target which is good news. Not sure it will be enough to hit an ROI any time soon though  Sad

Ya about that video did you notice the power meter at the wall? it had a reading above 800 W, different from the 7 stated in the same video Shocked
BTCRockefeller

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 10:21:16 AM

Check this video

It's in Russian so I didn't understand what hes saying

But if you go to 3:31 you can see they have the same miner config dashboard as BITMAIN

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: