Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:05:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Innosilicon A5 DashMaster 30.2G 750W  (Read 55195 times)
lynewyork

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:34:13 AM

Innosilicon is really BAD BAD BAD. I hope that no one here will be their future victims.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zukolega

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:46:33 PM

If we thought the instructions for updating software on the A5 through the TF card reader was bad. Wait until you see the instructions for the newest mandatory hardware update PDF titled "Mandatory hardware fix to avoid overheating in A5 dashmaster". It's actually hilariously poorly written.

Any other legitimate company would offer a paid recall of their product and fix their overheating hardware issue to maintain their reputation and trust. I guess since it has been made clear that all their customers are dissatisfied and angry at Innosilicon, I guess they figure they have nothing to lose by issuing their latest update requiring the customers to do it themselves.

Apparently their warranty seal means nothing if they are demanding that customers actually open up their miners and fuck with very intricate components Cheesy Not that it matters to me because mine came with broken warranty seals anyways Roll Eyes

I'm surprised that my A5 is actually hashing nicely at 33 GH/s. Everything they do is such a facepalm that it seems like a miracle that they actually managed to create the worlds most efficient Dash miner (commercially available at the time of this post).

Also, changing topic, more A5's are popping up on eBay. The one I saw today was selling as a "Buy it now" / "Free shipping" for $5300 US... Ouch.

Hi, I've a A5, can you upload the PDF! I don't recive that mail. Thanks
amedziokle

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:09:32 AM

Hello,

today i tried to connect my a5 dashmasters.

I plugged in miners,and im using mobile brodband 4g lte router.

All red lights are flashing right, miners seems to work nice,but it doens't start to mine ( hash ).I updated to last firmware ( 2018.01.05 )

I tried diff pools zpool,nicehash,miningpoolhub, but nothing works.

Also miner is plugged into power extender, can problem be there ?

If i run debug through telnet, I can't see chip temperature and in the end it writes something like voltage rumble/problem something like this...

Anyone can help?
Inno_ASIC

Activity: 243
Merit: 108

Innosilicon ASIC official representative

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 12:41:32 PM

Hello,

All red lights are flashing right, miners seems to work nice,but it doens't start to mine ( hash ).I updated to last firmware ( 2018.01.05 )

If i run debug through telnet, I can't see chip temperature and in the end it writes something like voltage rumble/problem something like this...

Anyone can help?

Thanks for your feedback. Any problem for technical problem you can send email or add Skype miner_support@innosilicon.com.cn We will try our best to help you asap. Thank you.

Innosilicon Mining ASIC official Account
crazy71

Activity: 43

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:41:20 AM

Hello,

Anyone can help?

Thanks for your feedback. Any problem for technical problem you can send email or add Skype miner_support@innosilicon.com.cn We will try our best to help you asap. Thank you.
i bougth 8 miners  and i have some money leave but nobody anwer my emais about this money ,
Hello,

We are asking about the PSU because it's free PSU for you.
The price for 8 units of A5 is 79,992USD. Shipping fee for 8 untis without PSU is 428USD.  Shipping fee with PSU is 604USD.
You paid 83663.66USD.

--
Best Regards,
Innosilicon Marketing Team

we need add thiefs to the long list about your company?
Dockin

Activity: 84
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:29:50 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2018, 02:15:27 AM by Dockin

Poor one out for the fallen A5's
They're bursting up in flames.

In classical Innosilicon fashion instead of addressing the issue head on, they decided that they were in no way responsible for what happened because they feel like they somehow address this issue by simply releasing their "mandatory hardware update" and expecting everybody to be able to fit it themselves.

An analogy would be:
"Hey we know we sold you a new car that is still under warranty, but instead of recalling it because it might catch on fire, how about you void your warranty, take it apart and fuck with very intricate/delicate components or pay somebody and hope they can fix it for you?"

I mean, how irresponsible or naive can they possibly be? The thing that gets me is that they don't see anything wrong with this! They did at least offer to help to address Giga Watt's issues.. by telling them to contact their support email. But as we all know, that's not saying much because of how unresponsive their support staff has been in the past.

Anyways, here are some images of some A5's looking extra crispy. Not for the faint of heart:
https://twitter.com/cryp2koool/status/955049873925115904

Giga Watt Mining‏ posted an image of 17 burnt A5 miners yesterday:
https://twitter.com/gigawatt_mining/status/955397936443199488

Also, if anybody is looking for the "Mandatory Hardware Update" PDF, I found it Tweeted here:
https://twitter.com/Mo7amed3ezat/status/952834847562784769
CointoHash411

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:07:21 AM

I have heard some bad news when it come from Innosilicon, it seems that they are lacking heavily on the customer support side of things. I think that this company does have a shot at beating out Bitmain, which has been synonymous with the ASIC mining world. I just hope that they can get their customer support and pricing under better control, I have bought miners from Bitmain at or around the 1400-1800 mark but it seems Innosilicons are quite higher on average. I wish there was more open innovation when it comes to miner design, be it hardware, cases, thermal... or what have you. I know that there are some bright minded individuals that would hopefully love that concept. I have been thinking about starting an open consortium on this issue alone, whats everyone else s thoughts? 
Dockin

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:11:54 AM

So I managed to do the mandatory hardware update that Innosilicon released. I thought I would share my experience here.
First, I tried to remove the capacitor with a soldering iron. It didn't work out at all.
This time I tried with a unsoldering air heat gun and had somewhat better luck.

The capacitors on the first two has boards did not come off how I had imagined they would. They literally turned to dust after putting the hot air on it and trying to remove it with tweezers. I ended up scraping them off the board with a pin.

The capacitor on the last hash board actually came off in one piece, after a lot of heat and wiggling. Heating it to 380 from 1 cm away for 30 seconds is what the update documentation recommends, but in my experience it was not nearly enough to loosen the capacitor. It takes much more convincing unfortunately.

I think that unless you have VERY good eyes, a steady hand, and a good unsoldering air heat gun, I would not recommend trying this as a DIY type fix.
I consider myself quite lucky to have accomplished this without causing harm to any other components. The capacitor in the images is really really tiny, and is in a very awkward spot which makes it hard to get at. There is also a large heat sink in the way that makes it even more difficult.

Here are some images I managed to snap in the process.
The before and after photo is not the exact same hash board, but you get the idea.

muI_I_Ika

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:13:33 PM

Anybody have install new update from 29.01.18?

How your asics feel himself after that?
Dockin

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:27:36 PM

I've installed the update. Can't see any noticeable difference when it comes to hash rate or temperature.
It's been running it for 3 days with no issues.
muI_I_Ika

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:33:02 PM

I've installed the update. Can't see any noticeable difference when it comes to hash rate or temperature.

Update from 29.01.2018. Today 29.01.2018.

Are you shure, that your asic running for 3 days, sinse update?
Dockin

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:08:28 PM

Update from 29.01.2018. Today 29.01.2018.

Are you shure, that your asic running for 3 days, sinse update?
My mistake, they issue so many updates that I can't seem to catch up!
I updated mine 3 days ago with the latest version released earlier this month.
Didn't realize it had an update already.
cuteman

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:02:59 PM

I have heard some bad news when it come from Innosilicon, it seems that they are lacking heavily on the customer support side of things. I think that this company does have a shot at beating out Bitmain, which has been synonymous with the ASIC mining world. I just hope that they can get their customer support and pricing under better control
I am afraid your hopes are worthless.   Innosilicon is EXTREMELY BAD COMPANY.  Their miners are catching FIRE all over the world, and they are reluctant to compensate the burnt miners.
cuteman

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:06:22 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2018, 09:30:30 PM by cuteman

Everybody should stay away from Innosilicon, due to it's long bad reputation, and extremely POOR quality of the chips and miners.

Below is a proof of their earlier unfair & lier behaviour.  

Look at bitmine.ch stolen technology, insolvency of bitmine.ch years ago, due to scams from Innosilicon:

Innosilicon. The company that we engaged for the development of our A1 CoinCraft chip ended up in being BITMINE’s biggest failure. We engaged this company with a regular contract and entitled them to develop our 28nm ASIC based on our know-how and instructions, along with the full turnkey process of creating the mask, wafers and IC packaging. We had signed a contract that was expecting to guarantee us a one year exclusivity on the chip, however at a later stage we received proof that Innosilicon was plainly violating the contract from day zero and selling our own A1 chips to whoever inquired them directly. Once we pointed this out, they simply stopped answering our enquiries and disappeared, putting us in obvious panic because we had an extremely tight schedule and obligation to deliver the miners on time and they knew that perfectly. So, once they knew how attractive the market we were into was, they forced us into signing an amendment to the contract where we allowed them to sell the A1 chips to third parties. Additionally, they even forced us to write formal excuse letters for the “false” accusations under the threat that if we hadn’t signed them, they would just delay the supply of the A1 chips so long that they would be worthless.
Once the first production lot of chips, with a delay of nearly two months and a performance 50% worse than promised was delivered to us, the issue of “yield” popped up. Innosilicon repeatedly delivered us broken chips or “junk grade” ones as part of the purchased (and paid for) lots, forcing us to place ever bigger and bigger orders in order to fulfill our customers’ orders and eventually draining out most of the company’s money. Out of all the ordered chips, a huge part of them were simply not working and could only be thrown away in the garbage bin. Here you will see for yourself the pictures of the piles of tens of thousands of worthless junk grade chips still sealed in their original packages. When asked about clarifications, they claimed this was “normal production yield” but failed to provide any relevant document that could certify it. It is also worth mentioning that while we were struggling with thousands of junk chips, the A-grade ones could at all time be purchased in Hong Kong directly from their Chinese resellers, at some point even at lower prices than what we ourselves paid for.
At the end of this horrific experience, we had paid to Innosilicon in 2013 and 2014 a total of more than 8 million CHF but received only a small amount of usable A1 chips, causing us a huge financial loss. Therefore, we enquired two different lawyers in order to evaluate legal actions against them, but ended up with answers that more or less said that the chances of getting our rights respected from a Chinese court against a local Chinese company were close to zero. We only later found out this is a common practice from Chinese companies, regardless of the written agreements you make with them. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectual_property_in_China)

http://bitmine.ch/
Inno_ASIC

Activity: 243
Merit: 108

Innosilicon ASIC official representative

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 02:55:07 AM

Everybody should stay away from Innosilicon, due to it's long bad reputation, and extremely POOR quality of the chips and miners.

Look at bitmine.ch stolen technology, insolvency of bitmine.ch years ago, due to scams from Innosilicon:

Innosilicon. The company that we engaged for the development of our A1 CoinCraft chip ended up in being BITMINE’s biggest failure. We engaged this company with a regular contract and entitled them to develop our 28nm ASIC based on our know-how and instructions, along with the full turnkey process of creating the mask, wafers and IC packaging. We had signed a contract that was expecting to guarantee us a one year exclusivity on the chip, however at a later stage we received proof that Innosilicon was plainly violating the contract from day zero and selling our own A1 chips to whoever inquired them directly. Once we pointed this out, they simply stopped answering our enquiries and disappeared, putting us in obvious panic because we had an extremely tight schedule and obligation to deliver the miners on time and they knew that perfectly. So, once they knew how attractive the market we were into was, they forced us into signing an amendment to the contract where we allowed them to sell the A1 chips to third parties. Additionally, they even forced us to write formal excuse letters for the “false” accusations under the threat that if we hadn’t signed them, they would just delay the supply of the A1 chips so long that they would be worthless.
Once the first production lot of chips, with a delay of nearly two months and a performance 50% worse than promised was delivered to us, the issue of “yield” popped up. Innosilicon repeatedly delivered us broken chips or “junk grade” ones as part of the purchased (and paid for) lots, forcing us to place ever bigger and bigger orders in order to fulfill our customers’ orders and eventually draining out most of the company’s money. Out of all the ordered chips, a huge part of them were simply not working and could only be thrown away in the garbage bin. Here you will see for yourself the pictures of the piles of tens of thousands of worthless junk grade chips still sealed in their original packages. When asked about clarifications, they claimed this was “normal production yield” but failed to provide any relevant document that could certify it. It is also worth mentioning that while we were struggling with thousands of junk chips, the A-grade ones could at all time be purchased in Hong Kong directly from their Chinese resellers, at some point even at lower prices than what we ourselves paid for.
At the end of this horrific experience, we had paid to Innosilicon in 2013 and 2014 a total of more than 8 million CHF but received only a small amount of usable A1 chips, causing us a huge financial loss. Therefore, we enquired two different lawyers in order to evaluate legal actions against them, but ended up with answers that more or less said that the chances of getting our rights respected from a Chinese court against a local Chinese company were close to zero. We only later found out this is a common practice from Chinese companies, regardless of the written agreements you make with them. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectual_property_in_China)

Innosilicon A1 was No. 1 btc Asic in 2014, independently developed by innosilicon, who subsequently developed A2 to A6 various leading performance mining asic in the world.  There has been zero legal issues whatsoever. It's well known Bitmine screwed up and didn't not know to do asic or miners. Innosilicon issued lengthy statement regarding bitmine with full explanation in bitcoin talk before, it's said and done for years!

Folks, it's easy to point finger, but remember, any spread of rumor or false allegation without proof is ill intended, wrong and subject to legal consequences.

Innosilicon Mining ASIC official Account
cuteman

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:22:17 PM

Innosilicon A1 was No. 1 btc Asic in 2014, independently developed by innosilicon, who subsequently developed A2 to A6 various leading performance mining asic in the world.  There has been zero legal issues whatsoever. It's well known Bitmine screwed up and didn't not know to do asic or miners. Innosilicon issued lengthy statement regarding bitmine with full explanation in bitcoin talk before, it's said and done for years!

Folks, it's easy to point finger, but remember, any spread of rumor or false allegation without proof is ill intended, wrong and subject to legal consequences.

A5 quality is not good, and is suddenly burning,  that is why people who bought it started to find explanation, and shared that Bitmine link. 

Can you give a link to Innosilicon statement about Bitmine, please?
dlezama

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:39:19 AM

Innosilicon A1 was No. 1 btc Asic in 2014, independently developed by innosilicon, who subsequently developed A2 to A6 various leading performance mining asic in the world.  There has been zero legal issues whatsoever. It's well known Bitmine screwed up and didn't not know to do asic or miners. Innosilicon issued lengthy statement regarding bitmine with full explanation in bitcoin talk before, it's said and done for years!

Please provide link to "lengthy statement regarding bitmine with full explanation"
muI_I_Ika

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:25:42 PM

Anyone have install last update on own asic? http://www.innosilicon.com.cn/download/update_180129.bin
cuteman

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:04:07 PM

A5 quality is not good, and is suddenly burning,  that is why people who bought it started to find explanation, and shared that Bitmine link. 

Can you give a link to Innosilicon statement about Bitmine, please?

So, waiting for the link of  "lengthy statement regarding bitmine with full explanation"  Smiley

Alternatevely please post this statement here.
Sandal_Hat

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:31:25 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2018, 02:02:20 PM by Sandal_Hat

If we thought the instructions for updating software on the A5 through the TF card reader was bad. Wait until you see the instructions for the newest mandatory hardware update PDF titled "Mandatory hardware fix to avoid overheating in A5 dashmaster". It's actually hilariously poorly written.

Any other legitimate company would offer a paid recall of their product and fix their overheating hardware issue to maintain their reputation and trust. I guess since it has been made clear that all their customers are dissatisfied and angry at Innosilicon, I guess they figure they have nothing to lose by issuing their latest update requiring the customers to do it themselves.

Apparently their warranty seal means nothing if they are demanding that customers actually open up their miners and fuck with very intricate components Cheesy Not that it matters to me because mine came with broken warranty seals anyways Roll Eyes

I'm surprised that my A5 is actually hashing nicely at 33 GH/s. Everything they do is such a facepalm that it seems like a miracle that they actually managed to create the worlds most efficient Dash miner (commercially available at the time of this post).

Also, changing topic, more A5's are popping up on eBay. The one I saw today was selling as a "Buy it now" / "Free shipping" for $5300 US... Ouch.

Thats insane. At 10 cents electricity, it will take around 29 months to break even at that price. At 5 cents electricity, it would take near 26 months. This isnt about electrical cost and this calculation is without VAT yet. The machine may not even last that long and alot of things can go wrong during that period. Also, dash is somewhat asic resistant and asic resistance is one of dash's design goals. I guess everyone mining dash is just not happy these days lol.

I believe manufacturers cant sell them at a price that makes sense for miners to buy. To sell dash miners at such a price would not make sense to manufacturers. Does anyone actually buy dash miners these days? Mining other coins are better. Most people mining dash would probably never break even, sadly.

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: