Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:38:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How long are BTC transactions taking?  (Read 1723 times)
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 09:12:56 AM

I bought some BTC on Coinbase last night and had it sent to Poloniex.  I know the BTC wallet address was accurate.  Its still pending 11 hours later and doesn't show up in the Poloniex deposit/withdrawal history.  Any clue on how long BTC transactions are taking?

The transaction time depends on its priority, and what you pay for each transaction speaks for itself. However, according to my understanding, coinbase always pays pretty high fees for transactions, if they have sent it, you will get notice in a short time. The only answer here is that they have not yet made that transaction.

I had transaction from 2 weeks ago that I send from my wallet to a exchange within 1 hour. I pay a medium transaction fee around 120 sat/bye. The first 3 confirmations, I got it very quickly, but I have to wait for the next 3 confirmations, but overall I'm satisfied how quick my transaction was confirmed.

I think it really depends on how much you are paying in getting your transaction to be pick up by miners. I think my fees is around mid-high priority that's why it is so fast.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bulala

Activity: 574
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:46:56 PM

well from experience i think the higher the fee the fast the confirmation so try increase the ff and what what happens
Linuld

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 03:47:29 PM

I bought some BTC on Coinbase last night and had it sent to Poloniex.  I know the BTC wallet address was accurate.  Its still pending 11 hours later and doesn't show up in the Poloniex deposit/withdrawal history.  Any clue on how long BTC transactions are taking?

The transaction time depends on its priority, and what you pay for each transaction speaks for itself. However, according to my understanding, coinbase always pays pretty high fees for transactions, if they have sent it, you will get notice in a short time. The only answer here is that they have not yet made that transaction.

I had transaction from 2 weeks ago that I send from my wallet to a exchange within 1 hour. I pay a medium transaction fee around 120 sat/bye. The first 3 confirmations, I got it very quickly, but I have to wait for the next 3 confirmations, but overall I'm satisfied how quick my transaction was confirmed.

I think it really depends on how much you are paying in getting your transaction to be pick up by miners. I think my fees is around mid-high priority that's why it is so fast.

After this segwit2x actually this problem solved before after paying high rates also we need to wait for min couple of hours to get our bitcoins in our wallets. But now it's taking less time. If you choose high pay, you will receive coins within one hour. Or else it takes 2 or 3 hours. I sent my BTC from blockchain to exchange site it takes just 2 hours.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 03:59:52 PM

After this segwit2x actually this problem solved before after paying high rates also we need to wait for min couple of hours to get our bitcoins in our wallets. But now it's taking less time. If you choose high pay, you will receive coins within one hour. Or else it takes 2 or 3 hours. I sent my BTC from blockchain to exchange site it takes just 2 hours.
it should be taken care seriously as we suffering with this high fee in order for us to make much faster transactions we don't have any choice but to pay miners since they are the one whos processing our request hope after segwit2 everything will be resolve with fair time frame even without paying high.
cubevtc

Activity: 496
Merit: 250

Ceck me in livestream twith

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 04:03:33 PM

for me never take more the 2-3 hour
but need pay high fee for fast transaction

ngacengan

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 02:32:36 AM

Typically a bitcoin delivery transaction depends on how many unconfirmed transactions you can see here https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions

And usually also depends on how much fee you provide for the fee, the greater the fee you give the faster bitcoin delivery process.
futile-resistance

Activity: 840
Merit: 516

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 11:41:24 AM

Typically a bitcoin delivery transaction depends on how many unconfirmed transactions you can see here https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions

And usually also depends on how much fee you provide for the fee, the greater the fee you give the faster bitcoin delivery process.
Yes, transaction fees matter a lot. The greater the fee is, the faster transaction is. Now a day, I think bitcoins are rising continuously in price so uncountable traders are cashing out their bitcoins or selling them off which is ultimately slowing down the process of transactions.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: