Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:57:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum moderation policy  (Read 959534 times)
morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 08:02:54 PM

The fact that moderation also includes, without being mentioned, the social order.  If you make the wrong enemy, then half your posts and topics will disappear with nothing more than a here one day and gone the next.  The same is true of opinions and "trust".  The trust system has nothing to do with reality, just with what some members believe to be true.  Even after giving those members chance after chance to see the proof, they ignore you and move on. 

Expect this, either make the right friends on here or be moderated into oblivion. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
morantis

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 08:32:01 PM

In response to the reply that was just deleted, I never broke a single rule and i have no complaints other than the issue with KWH.  My time on here has been just fine.  I am simply stating what I ran into after KWH threw his little fit because I do not agree with his false statements.
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 2197

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2016, 08:35:23 PM

In response to the reply that was just deleted, I never broke a single rule and i have no complaints other than the issue with KWH.  My time on here has been just fine.  I am simply stating what I ran into after KWH threw his little fit because I do not agree with his false statements.
I removed my post as I didn't feel like arguing with someone that believes that paypal is not reversible. That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard in bitcointalk (and I've seen and read a lot).

Feel free to disagree.

This was the deleted post by the way:
The fact that moderation also includes, without being mentioned, the social order.  If you make the wrong enemy, then half your posts and topics will disappear with nothing more than a here one day and gone the next.  The same is true of opinions and "trust".  The trust system has nothing to do with reality, just with what some members believe to be true.  Even after giving those members chance after chance to see the proof, they ignore you and move on.  

Expect this, either make the right friends on here or be moderated into oblivion.  
Lol. Or you know follow rules and don't do stupid shit? I am where I am by following rules, participating in threads and being helpful in general. I didn't became a staff member because I had friends at the right places. I still don't know many of the staff members.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
morantis

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 08:38:10 PM

In response to the reply that was just deleted, I never broke a single rule and i have no complaints other than the issue with KWH.  My time on here has been just fine.  I am simply stating what I ran into after KWH threw his little fit because I do not agree with his false statements.
I removed my post as I didn't feel like arguing with someone that believes that paypal is not reversible. That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard in bitcointalk (and I've seen and read a lot).

Feel free to disagree.

Oh I do disagree, based completely on proof that I myself have seen and taken a part in.  I do not take the word of others in this case, I watch it everyday over and over and have never failed to get my funds back in less than an hour.  Chargebacks, stolen account claims, hacked account claims, "my dog must have sent that money", I bought or sold Bitcoins, no matter what, one phone call and the funds are right back where they started.
kingaltcoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 10:30:14 PM

I dont know why ck just deleted this post?
Was that out of topic? Irrelevant much?

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

People mine on a pool collectively to get shares depending upon the amount of hash power you can contribute.
Nowadays people never think of solo mining since it is an out of reach factor.

Well it depends on the amount of hash power I own. In my current situation, only pool mining would be applicable to me if I want to get fractions of BTCitcoin but if ever happens that I own 200+ TH/s hashing power, I will choose solo mining as my sole option.

Average of 200th/s will never get you a block ever in a decade.
Mining at 100 Ph/s is still a headache for large miners nowadays. Undecided

I just made a comment on this thread > https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1364153 and he just deleted it for no reason!
Is this so called "free speech"? Or the power of mods to do just as anything he wants?
I want an answer Undecided
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2607

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2016, 12:33:51 AM

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

People mine on a pool collectively to get shares depending upon the amount of hash power you can contribute.

Well it depends on the amount of hash power I own. In my current situation, only pool mining would be applicable to me if I want to get fractions of BTCitcoin but if ever happens that I own 200+ TH/s hashing power, I will choose solo mining as my sole option.

I just made a comment on this thread > https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1364153 and he just deleted it for no reason!
Is this so called "free speech"? Or the power of mods to do just as anything he wants?
You can always PM him and politely ask why. Also, I'll keep linking this until people stop using the "free speech" excuse:

Source: http://xkcd.com/1357/

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2016, 10:48:19 PM

The post topic is "do you mine in a pool or on your own". Are you answering that question? No. Are you a sigspammer? Yes. Sigspammers will get much less tolerance shown towards their posts if they're offtopic. Your post falls into the category of "saying something random only remotely related for post count that actually doesn't forward the topic discussion at hand."  Not only that but you're actually wrong as 200th will get blocks far more frequently than once per decade, and a 100PH mine will have absolutely no trouble finding blocks regularly.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 11:18:45 PM

The post topic is "do you mine in a pool or on your own". Are you answering that question? No. Are you a sigspammer? Yes. Sigspammers will get much less tolerance shown towards their posts if they're offtopic. Your post falls into the category of "saying something random only remotely related for post count that actually doesn't forward the topic discussion at hand."  Not only that but you're actually wrong as 200th will get blocks far more frequently than once per decade, and a 100PH mine will have absolutely no trouble finding blocks regularly.
Now there is a mod strict about moderating threads which promote nothing more than sig spam posts.
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 01:37:28 PM

well what are the basic things required here...like basic rules to be followed...new here!!:)
Follow this link ,should be enough for a newbie.Rest you will learn with time https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0
CoinSiteDesigner

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 05:25:51 AM

It is good policy l don't like those piramide looks like quotes in quotes and cannot
understand why folks do such posts.
Pictures are good but only if they are not offencive..
That is why we must have small moderation.

You might not like the pyramid quotes, but that's the best way to let others know whom you're referring or talking about.
I see some people reply to someothers without even quoting, which confuses me alot.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2016, 11:53:10 AM

It is good policy l don't like those piramide looks like quotes in quotes and cannot
-snip-

You might not like the pyramid quotes, but that's the best way to let others know whom you're referring or talking about.
I see some people reply to someothers without even quoting, which confuses me alot.

You dont need to know the last 20 replies in order to follow the conversation. People read the oldest posts first. I agree however that quoting makes it easier to understand which other post a post is referring to.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
CoinSiteDesigner

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 10:23:13 AM

When will I be able to post images? Do I need to be Jr Member or higher?
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 12:03:36 PM

I repeat,this is not the right place to ask your queries.Infact,all your queries are already answered,only if you take some time out the Beginners and help section,don't depend to be spoon feed every time.Read through this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0 if you still have any doubts regarding forum go through Meta section and check if the question is already asked before.Worst case ,open a thread in Meta if the query is regarding forum only.

And here is your answer https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1172918.0
CoinSiteDesigner

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 12:33:35 PM

I repeat,this is not the right place to ask your queries.Infact,all your queries are already answered,only if you take some time out the Beginners and help section,don't depend to be spoon feed every time.Read through this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0 if you still have any doubts regarding forum go through Meta section and check if the question is already asked before.Worst case ,open a thread in Meta if the query is regarding forum only.

And here is your answer https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1172918.0

I did search before I ask, but I had hardtime finding the solution myself.

I'm sorry and thanks.
Goms

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 01:30:04 PM

The policy to not remove anything worked when the forum was small. Now that we have thousands of posts a day, we can't afford 50% of them being junk. The moderators are now instructed to be less tolerant of low-value posts.

Some guidelines:

1. Free speech - you can say anything as long as it is relevant and presented in a calm and polite manner. Swearing, SHOUTING etc. make your post more likely to be removed.
2. No zero value posts or threads, like "SELL SELL SELL"
3. No pointless or uninteresting threads.
4. No referral code spam
5. No NSFW content

What should be the minimum number of words in a given post. Just to be sure I do not fall into the category of "zero value posts."
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 01:48:02 PM

The policy to not remove anything worked when the forum was small. Now that we have thousands of posts a day, we can't afford 50% of them being junk. The moderators are now instructed to be less tolerant of low-value posts.

Some guidelines:

1. Free speech - you can say anything as long as it is relevant and presented in a calm and polite manner. Swearing, SHOUTING etc. make your post more likely to be removed.
4. No referral code spam
5. No NSFW content

What should be the minimum number of words in a given post. Just to be sure I do not fall into the category of "zero value posts."

Quantity has nothing to do with quality. The above question about when a user is able to post images could have been answered (in a constructive manner) with 3 symbols ("Jr.") IMHO.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 08:06:57 PM

Wow it looks really less tolerance with such terms. But I think it's the right way for the site who pays really money. It's kinda your work. It would be too easy to type everything and expect some payment!
CoinSiteDesigner

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 12:27:53 PM

Wow it looks really less tolerance with such terms. But I think it's the right way for the site who pays really money. It's kinda your work. It would be too easy to type everything and expect some payment!

Well, for your information, it's not the forum who's paying for your posts.

It's the external websites, they're paying you to promote their website thru your signature space.
Surya960

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 08:32:15 AM

I completely satisfied with Bitcointalk.org. The concept is very good and nice. Easy to understand.
18xk5oT2rLrAc24SL96XT14BX

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 09:00:05 AM

Some guidelines:

4. No referral code spam
5. No NSFW content
How difficult would it be to implement a voting system for posts using the current forum software?
i agree with you it is  difficult would it be to implement a voting system for posts using the current forum software?
this is  difficult would it be to implement a voting system for posts using the current forum software.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: