Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:31:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi, I'm Rancher Sane. Here's my story.  (Read 3739 times)
Anonymous

June 21, 2011, 02:03:37 AM

I went to Insane's cattle mill to purchase more cattle for my new ranch the other day. Knowing Insane, the prices tend to change... insanely. He happened to have a good portion of cattle up for sale at .01 dollars a pop so -- rationally -- I acted on the offer. I was able to claim a good portion of my purchase before Insane shut down his mill due to some negligence on his part -- and now he wants the property I paid for back.

I find this to be extremely disrespectful to my time and my prospective ranch. I should not have to suffer because Insane cannot maintain his mill. I should be at least compensated for my time and the required labor to sort through this purchase.

I reccommend nobody purchases from Insane again.

Love,

Sane

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Synaptic

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 02:05:04 AM

I went to Insane's cattle mill to purchase more cattle for my new ranch the day. Knowing Insane, the prices tend to change... insanely. He happened to have a good portion of cattle up for sale at .01 dollars a pop so -- rationally -- I acted on the offer. I was able to claim a good portion of my purchase before Insane shut down his mill due to some negligence on his part and now he wants the property I paid for back.

I find this to be extremely disrespectful to my time and prospective ranch. I should not have to suffer because Insane cannot maintain his mill. I should be at least compensated for my time and labor sorting through this purchase.

Love,

Sane

+1

also,

RALLY.
Astro

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 02:09:08 AM

Atlas, the market was manipulated by fraud thus the market did not decide.  You've completely given in on your entire value system in less than 24 hours.  I weep for you.

ATLAS FOR FED CHAIRMAN!
tehcodez

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 02:09:57 AM

I went to Insane's cattle mill to purchase more cattle for my new ranch the other day. Knowing Insane, the prices tend to change... insanely. He happened to have a good portion of cattle up for sale at .01 dollars a pop so -- rationally -- I acted on the offer. I was able to claim a good portion of my purchase before Insane shut down his mill due to some negligence on his part -- and now he wants the property I paid for back.

I find this to be extremely disrespectful to my time and my prospective ranch. I should not have to suffer because Insane cannot maintain his mill. I should be at least compensated for my time and the required labor to sort through this purchase.

Love,

Sane

Sanity can't be judged by a moron.

Ol' "Sane" should have known the cattle were stolen property (thus committing theft-by-receivership) or cattle of the damned.
Anonymous

June 21, 2011, 02:13:12 AM

Love,

Sane

Sanity can't be judged by a moron.

Ol' "Sane" should have known the cattle were stolen property (thus committing theft-by-receivership) or cattle of the damned.

Sane was only acting within the integrity of MtGox and their contractual agreements. He couldn't of truly known.
NO_SLAVE

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 02:14:21 AM

obviously taking advantage of the insane is completely ethical to you.

Maybe you should go rape some incapacitated people in a ward, reasonably that is a bounty fit for the taking too, because you satisfy yourself (all important)and the incapacitated
one, well I guess they are just unaware and unfit to defend themself so, its all their fault.

Your self centered randroidism is a boor.
Anonymous

June 21, 2011, 02:15:19 AM

Atlas, the market was manipulated by fraud thus the market did not decide.  You've completely given in on your entire value system in less than 24 hours.  I weep for you.

ATLAS FOR FED CHAIRMAN!

All I advocate is Mt. Gox being held accountable for their negligence. Sane shouldn't keep all the cattle but he should be compensated.
Anonymous

June 21, 2011, 02:18:51 AM

obviously taking advantage of the insane is completely ethical to you.

Maybe you should go rape some incapacitated people in a ward, reasonably that is a bounty fit for the taking too, because you satisfy yourself (all important)and the incapacitated
one, well I guess they are just unaware and unfit to defend themself so, its all their fault.

Your self centered randroidism is a boor.

This analogy is very poor. Mt. Gox is not a victim of misfortune nor any real disability but only its willful ignorance and negligence.
Astro

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 02:20:36 AM

ATLAS FOR FED CHAIRMAN!

All I advocate is Mt. Gox being held accountable for their negligence. Sane shouldn't keep all the cattle but he should be compensated.

It's cool, even Ayn Rand used Social Security and Medicare.
Anonymous

June 21, 2011, 02:21:59 AM

ATLAS FOR FED CHAIRMAN!

It's cool, even Ayn Rand used Social Security and Medicare.

That she rightfully paid for. Anyways, irrelevant.
Slab Squathrust

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 02:23:05 AM

While I consider myself libertarian, I don't think this is a perfect analogy.  Rancher insane was distributing his property as he saw fit, even if it was insanely stupid.  As far as I understand, Mt Gox did not come into ownership of the property when a user transferred coins or dollars to the site for trading.  Therefore, by hacking, or whatever happened, some individual sold property belonging to neither Mt Gox or themselves.  I would equate it to me coming into your house while you are on vacation.  For the sake of the argument, we will say the door was left unlocked (akin to poor security on Mt Gox).  Even though you acted foolishly, that doesn't give me the right to seize your property and sell it to the local pawn shop.    

Oh and No slave, that is an excellent straw man.  I know an actual farmer who is currently in the market for a new one.
tymothy

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 02:25:10 AM

Did Rancher (In)Sane sell stolen cattle?
Anonymous

June 21, 2011, 02:25:24 AM

This post is intentionally left blank. Please delete.
Anonymous

June 21, 2011, 02:26:53 AM

Dear Sane, While on the crazy side I am not crazy enough to sell my cows for 1 cent a piece. I really would like my cattle returned asap as it really is no fault of your own you didn't know my cattle were being sold by someone other than me so I don't hold it against you personally.

Even though a rational person would notice 1 cent is a bit crazy and suspicious I don't blame you for trying to take my entire heard out from under me....Even my milk cow betsy...

But claiming you should be allowed to keep my stolen cows because you decided not to take my roosters and barn to is just plain wrong and makes me sad.  Cry

So please give me my 643 cows back and in good faith I will give your 643 cars you sold to me from your car-dealership for an amazing price of 1 cent each (lol your crazy)...

Wait what do you mean that wasn't you selling them???

-Your neighbor Insanity.

If I was Sane, I would happily give you the coins back. However, only if you hold yourself accountable for your negligence and compensate where compensation is due. You have stolen a lot of people's time and trust. This is a breach of contract and a huge vandalization of the Bitcoin name.
lemonginger

Activity: 210

firstbits: 121vnq

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 02:27:13 AM

Atlas,

I can't wait until you are old enough to look back on this period of your life and wince a little and laugh at yourself.
Anonymous

June 21, 2011, 02:29:54 AM

Atlas,

I can't wait until you are old enough to look back on this period of your life and wince a little and laugh at yourself.

I can't wait until you have the emotional maturity to derive pleasure from actual valid conversation.
Anonymous

June 21, 2011, 02:39:40 AM

Dear Sane, While on the crazy side I am not crazy enough to sell my cows for 1 cent a piece. I really would like my cattle returned asap as it really is no fault of your own you didn't know my cattle were being sold by someone other than me so I don't hold it against you personally.

Even though a rational person would notice 1 cent is a bit crazy and suspicious I don't blame you for trying to take my entire heard out from under me....Even my milk cow betsy...

But claiming you should be allowed to keep my stolen cows because you decided not to take my roosters and barn to is just plain wrong and makes me sad.  Cry

So please give me my 643 cows back and in good faith I will give your 643 cars you sold to me from your car-dealership for an amazing price of 1 cent each (lol your crazy)...

-Your neighbor Insanity.

If I was Sane, I would happily give you the coins back. However, only if you hold yourself accountable for your negligigence and compensate where compensation is due. You have stolen a lot of people's time and trust. This is a breach of contract and a huge vandalization of the Bitcoin name.

My cattle were sold by a criminal were this not a closed community and were the police not able to prevent the removal of any more of my cattle I would have lost all of them and had zero instead of now only losing 643 you bought. I commemorate you for your amazing practices of business but you cannot keep my cows even the 643 that you got to your property.

Compensation should be given for your time and effort from the police force who promised a safe community and ignored the warning signs that were plain when thefts of other cows were being reported. The only negligence I have is living in the community and trusting the sheriff, but since he has promised to fix the issue and has rolled back all of the sales of my cattle the problem has been negated as soon as you give my cattle back and I believe you should go ask the sheriff for any compensation you feel you deserve for successfully buying illegally sold assets.

~Love your neighbor and still Rich A** Rancher Insanity.

Insane, we do not live in the jurisdiction of a state or sheriff. Please remember we're in the border-state known as the Internet. When it comes to our property, it is up to all of us individually to protect it. We are not obligated to the service of security experts. You either make sure you have such protection or you do not promise to protect other people's property you cannot reasonably protect. It is your fault if the property is stolen. Criminals can be properly fended against in the digital world. There are sufficient tools available to everybody.
Desu

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 02:42:42 AM

But claiming you should be allowed to keep my stolen cows because you decided not to take my roosters and barn to is just plain wrong and makes me sad.  Cry

-Your neighbor Insanity.

If I was Sane, I would happily give you the coins back. However, only if you hold yourself accountable for your negligigence and compensate where compensation is due. You have stolen a lot of people's time and trust. This is a breach of contract and a huge vandalization of the Bitcoin name.

My cattle were sold by a criminal were this not a closed community and were the police not able to prevent the removal of any more of my cattle I would have lost all of them and had zero instead of now only losing 643 you bought. I commemorate you for your amazing practices of business but you cannot keep my cows even the 643 that you got to your property.

Compensation should be given for your time and effort from the police force who promised a safe community and ignored the warning signs that were plain when thefts of other cows were being reported. The only negligence I have is living in the community and trusting the sheriff, but since he has promised to fix the issue and has rolled back all of the sales of my cattle the problem has been negated as soon as you give my cattle back and I believe you should go ask the sheriff for any compensation you feel you deserve for successfully buying illegally sold assets.

~Love your neighbor and still Rich A** Rancher Insanity.

Insane, we do not live in the jurisdiction of a state or sheriff. Please remember we're in the border-state known as the Internet. When it comes to our property, it is up to all of us individually protect it. We are not obligated to the service of security experts. You either make sure you have such protection or you do not promise to protect other people's property you cannot reasonably protect. It is your fault if the property is stolen. Criminals can be properly fended against in the digital world. There are sufficient tools available to everybody.
+1
Anonymous

June 21, 2011, 02:51:07 AM

Farmer Insanity, I am sorry for your loss. I hope you are fully repaid for your loss.

It seems there is no adequate justice in these shades of grey.
chihlidog

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 02:54:40 AM

Why would we consider the farmer to be insane if just very recently those cows were only worth the .01 he just sold them for? The cattle market is insane. Farmer insane isnt insane at all. Merely negligent. Grossly negligent.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: