Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:47:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] - Stumptown Miners - Avalon PCB Assembly - West Coast USA  (Read 30673 times)
ryepdx (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 06:34:26 AM

I just sent this message to a couple of my customers, and I'm posting it here as well:

Well, it looks like Colin is backing out of the project. He's going to be shipping me the miners he has managed to complete, along with the components. I plan on sending everyone their chips and the miners that were made with their chips, along with the components and circuit boards that *would* have gone into their miners.

I'm very frustrated and tired right now, and I don't imagine you're feeling any better about this news than I am. I'll be refunding the assembly cost of your order, along with my margin, as soon as Colin sends me the funds I need to do so. Please let me know if you have any questions or if there's anything more I can do to make this right by you.

Sorry to be delivering such crappy news.

Ryan

As it says above, please let me know if you have any questions. Sorry this has turned out so poorly for everyone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 07:22:59 AM

as I said months ago, thanks for being above board on everything as this ship hit rocky waters and hope you can resell the few components of my small order to help you out.  You refunded me enough even when the exchange rate wasn't in your favor.

hopefully most of your customers know that some of the money is in 'sunked in' cost

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 07:49:50 AM

Sorry for this all going sideways but kudos are deserved for demonstrating how to handle a bad situation professionally Ryepdx. There is literally very little you can do when the people who promise the chips basically refuse to honor the timetable and I was amazed that to see you push things forward given the difficulty.  Knowing that feeling of dread when you just have to chuck in the towel and start again sucks been there but things will get better.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Kushedout
Legendary

Activity: 1123

SaluS - (SLS)

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 04:48:35 PM

Given the entire Avalon mess, I think Ryepdx has handled the situation very professionally and at times going above call of duty to satisfy individuals involved in this group buy.

Thanks Ryan, this community needs more members like you.

davecoin

Activity: 816

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 05:56:56 PM

Ryan, is there a refund (or partial refund) for those of us that paid for boards and assembly but never received chips?

tolan77

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 07:47:22 PM

I appreciate how you've handled this Ryan. However I can't help but feel shafted. Still haven't received anything other than the 6 extra chips.

I just sent this message to a couple of my customers, and I'm posting it here as well:

I'll be refunding the assembly cost of your order, along with my margin, as soon as Colin sends me the funds I need to do so. Please let me know if you have any questions or if there's anything more I can do to make this right by you.
Ryan

I am curious, are you extending this refund to me as well? The only other person who technically you guys did make a miner for? Any time frame on when I can expect Colin to do anything? (send you my miner/refund money ect).

Given the entire Avalon mess, I think Ryepdx has handled the situation very professionally and at times going above call of duty to satisfy individuals involved in this group buy.

Definitely agree. Would've been easy for him to just bail awhile ago.
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:13:22 AM

I would be interested in building a couple of these for fun.

If anyone has a couple of full sets (pcb+components) that they are willing to let go at a price reflecting there current value (almost zero) please PM me.

I cannot justify paying there hash rate value as am gonna screw them up anyway probably so please keep the price reasonable, this is a just for fun project now..  Grin

Sorry for your losses.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:35:09 AM

I would be interested in building a couple of these for fun.

If anyone has a couple of full sets (pcb+components) that they are willing to let go at a price reflecting there current value (almost zero) please PM me.

I cannot justify paying there hash rate value as am gonna screw them up anyway probably so please keep the price reasonable, this is a just for fun project now..  Grin

Sorry for your losses.

Yes i would also be interested depending on price.

Message me if you have any problems
ryepdx (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:16:12 AM

Thanks, Kushedout.

Ryan, is there a refund (or partial refund) for those of us that paid for boards and assembly but never received chips?

Yes, there's a partial refund available. I'm also in the process of kitting out the components for those of you whose miners Colin did not complete. I'm trying to get everything done as soon as possible, but it *is* a very time-consuming process.

I appreciate how you've handled this Ryan. However I can't help but feel shafted. Still haven't received anything other than the 6 extra chips.

As I stated above, I'm in the process of kitting out the components and chips I received from Colin. I've also received his funds, so I'll be sending out your labor refund tomorrow.

Thanks again for your support, everyone. I'm sorry this turned out so poorly.
davecoin

Activity: 816

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:22:33 AM

Thanks for the update.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18]  All
  Print  

Jump to: