Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:33:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [Whitepaper] NuCypher KMS: Decentralized key management  (Read 3216 times)
kalunomics

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 12:19:55 AM

Is this NuCypher's main ICO ANN or just an intuitive followers thread? No admin to answer numrous questions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Triop

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 11:35:58 AM

Is this NuCypher's main ICO ANN or just an intuitive followers thread? No admin to answer numrous questions.
they will publish guides prior to he public sale. On the whitepaper you can get a good idea on why nodes are needed and what they do, and at ICO price you will need between $2000-2500 to get one 👍
lagharto

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:47:15 PM

I have never runned a node before, but for sure I'm willing to, you guys will give us some tutorial/help to configure it?

Yes, we'll be providing recommended instructions for how to install, configure, and maintain a node(s).
Does it mean that only people who installed the node can participate in your crowd sale? or they will have better conditions like a bigger personal cap etc. ?
And where can i find the instruction for installation on mac?
takinz8888

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 10:50:24 AM

Many month without any admin's answer. very bad ... I believe this thread is dead )
AgatioX

Activity: 546
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 11:32:44 AM

For now are a lot off coins with masternods. Nucypher is probaly one of few with a real porpose and nodes. I will like to participate in a node
lagharto

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:56:28 PM

For now are a lot off coins with masternods. Nucypher is probaly one of few with a real porpose and nodes. I will like to participate in a node
As far i understood it will be available only on spring 2019, so we still have a lot of time. I'm going to install the node too and waiting for updates from the team.
n3482nba

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:08:46 PM

I like projects with new business models that exist in the development and rehabilitation of systems in cryptocurensy, as this will help and make it easier for everyone to feel comfortable doing business
Samurai6

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 12:18:31 PM

Great project. Waiting for more details for investors Roll Eyes
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1575

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 01:13:56 PM

Hi, I would like to reserve the Spanish WP translation if you decide to launch a Community Program or "Bounty Hunt". I can also manage the Spanish thread of your project. Please, see my portfolio here. I focus on quality over quantity, so I do not accept more than 3 or 4 translations and threads at the same time. Since you have an Spanish member in your team, from Universidad de Málaga, I am sure you can evaluate the quality of my work directly.

Sample:

NuCypher KMS is a decentralized Key Management System (KMS) that addresses the limitations
of using consensus networks to securely store and manipulate private, encrypted data [1].

NuCypher KMS es un Sistema de Gestión de Clave descentralizado (SGC) que aborda las limitaciones del uso de redes de consenso para almacenar y manipular datos encriptados privados de forma segura [1].

I wish you the best luck with this project. I will be applying for whitelisting when possible.

maclane_nucypher

Activity: 20

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 11:15:33 PM

I don't regularly check this, but will occasionally answer questions. The officially supported community channels our linked on our website: https://www.nucypher.com/
maclane_nucypher

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 11:27:01 PM

I have never runned a node before, but for sure I'm willing to, you guys will give us some tutorial/help to configure it?

Yes, we'll be providing recommended instructions for how to install, configure, and maintain a node(s).
Does it mean that only people who installed the node can participate in your crowd sale? or they will have better conditions like a bigger personal cap etc. ?

TBD on whether you will be required to run a node to participate in the sale or not.

We will be publishing documentation on installing, configuring, and maintaining a node once the testnet is up in the next few weeks.
maclane_nucypher

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 11:51:56 PM

Many month without any admin's answer. very bad ... I believe this thread is dead )

The channels we officially support are linked on our website: https://www.nucypher.com/
TimeTeller

Activity: 2702
Merit: 588

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 11:58:47 PM

I like projects with new business models that exist in the development and rehabilitation of systems in cryptocurensy, as this will help and make it easier for everyone to feel comfortable doing business

New business models means taking risk on the unknown.
I like that because you are exploring new dimensions of business.
But for potential investors, it's a high risk as you don't know if it will really work out or not.
But if it really hits off, then, that's a great one here.
lilaj4de

Activity: 602

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 12:01:54 AM

Regarding this ANN initial figure, the data encryption will be done in two ways, both at the beginning of the message until it reaches the recipient, but will one of those encryption be based on KMS?
lagharto

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:03:44 PM

TBD on whether you will be required to run a node to participate in the sale or not.

We will be publishing documentation on installing, configuring, and maintaining a node once the testnet is up in the next few weeks.

Good, waiting for updates, thank you Maclayne.
And when this conclusion will be accessible: "Solidity smart contract and network code audit from Least Authority and Trail of Bits."
maclane_nucypher

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 12:31:09 AM

Regarding this ANN initial figure, the data encryption will be done in two ways, both at the beginning of the message until it reaches the recipient, but will one of those encryption be based on KMS?

Data gets encrypted by Alice, the data owner.

Data gets *re-encrypted* by the NuCypher network for Bob(s). (this is the piece NuCypher provides)

Data gets decrypted by Bob, the recipient.

Does that make sense?
maclane_nucypher

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 12:47:48 AM

And when this conclusion will be accessible: "Solidity smart contract and network code audit from Least Authority and Trail of Bits."

The NCC Group audit of the Umbral cryptosystem is complete and we'll be publishing the report soon.

The Least Authority and Trail of Bits audits are still in progress. They'll be completed in the next month or so, and the reports will be published afterwards.
lagharto

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 12:15:04 PM

The NCC Group audit of the Umbral cryptosystem is complete and we'll be publishing the report soon.

The Least Authority and Trail of Bits audits are still in progress. They'll be completed in the next month or so, and the reports will be published afterwards.

Publish the results here please, i think a lot of users will be happy to read it and i'm pretty sure that everything will be ok in that reports and you will have a bit more project fans here:)
maclane_nucypher

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 12:01:41 AM

Volume 8 of our Community Update https://blog.nucypher.com/community-update-8-ab377d1d610d
Namita

Activity: 169

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:07:37 AM

A very ambitious project indeed! In the current market you need to have a very promising idea with great teammembers
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: