Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:37:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the meaning of Bitcoin?  (Read 1592 times)
nightxglow

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 07:08:55 AM

There sure are many meanings about bitcoin. And i think, none of them is wrong.
For me, bitcoin is a type of cryptocurrency, something digital and we can use it to have a transaction online and don't have something like bank. Also no one can really rule it.
But thanks for your information, now i know many meanings about bitcoin from many sources

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
nuela

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 08:19:22 AM

Coins that have price based on transactions in data bits and provide an unhurt advantage.

sunneybitc

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 08:25:53 AM

According to my view bitcoin is the money and bitcoin is the good asset for future.
MeridianMDN

Activity: 212
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 09:30:30 AM

Meaning taken from Wikipedia:

Bitcoin
* is a cryptocurrency and a digital payment system invented by an unknown programmer, or a group of programmers, under the name Satoshi Nakamoto.
* It was released as open-source software in 2009.
* The system is peer-to-peer, and transactions take place between users directly, without an intermediary. These transactions are verified by network nodes and recorded in a public distributed ledger called a blockchain. Since the system works without a central repository or single administrator, bitcoin is called the first decentralized digital currency.

* Besides being created as a reward for mining, bitcoin can be exchanged for other currencies, products, and services in legal or black markets.

* As of February 2015, over 100,000 merchants and vendors accepted bitcoin as payment.
According to research produced by Cambridge University in 2017, there are 2.9 to 5.8 million unique users using a cryptocurrency wallet, most of them using bitcoin.

link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin

Yeah this resonates with my personal (perhaps irrelevant) point of view.

To me the blockchain is a value transmission system.

It is able to transmit various forms of value. Currency/money is just the first form that we have experimented with.

For this reason, I struggle to confine bitcoin and other digital assets into the box of being 'just' currencies. 

Others do, and it make sense for them - but, clearly, bitcoin is so much more than just money.

A £5 polymer bank note is 'just' a currency. This isn't the case with digital assets though.

As more digital assets are brought into the lime light, more innovation will be sparked and we will eventually begin to see the blockchain applied in areas other than money/currency - which will be amazing

Code:
[center][url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2157860][color=#4d4d4d][i][b][font=century gothic]▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Meridian | myMDN.io ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬[/font][/b][/i][/color][/url]
[font=century gothic][b][url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTjW3dqaey0][color=black][color=#0065A9]D[/color][color=#0067AA]i[/color][color=#0069AB]g[/color][color=#006CAC]i[/color][color=#006EAD]t[/color][color=#0071AE]a[/color][color=#0173AF]l[/color] [color=#0178B1]C[/color][color=#017AB2]o[/color][color=#017DB3]l[/color][color=#027FB4]l[/color][color=#0282B5]a[/color][color=#0284B6]t[/color][color=#0286B8]e[/color][color=#0289B9]r[/color][color=#038BBA]a[/color][color=#038EBB]l[/color] [color=#0393BD]T[/color][color=#0395BE]o[/color][color=#0497BF]k[/color][color=#049AC0]e[/color][color=#049CC1]n[/color][color=#049FC2]s[/color]  [color=#04A1C3]▨[/color]  [color=#049AC0]B[/color][color=#0497BF]i[/color][color=#0395BE]t[/color][color=#0393BD]c[/color][color=#0390BC]o[/color][color=#038EBB]i[/color][color=#038BBA]n[/color] [color=#0286B8]L[/color][color=#0284B6]o[/color][color=#0282B5]a[/color][color=#027FB4]n[/color][color=#017DB3]s[/color] [color=#0178B1]P[/color][color=#0175B0]l[/color][color=#0173AF]a[/color][color=#0071AE]t[/color][color=#006EAD]f[/color][color=#006CAC]o[/color][color=#0069AB]r[/color][color=#0067AA]m[/color][/color][/url]
[url=http://mymdn.io/][color=black][color=#7163A8]▬[/color][color=#6D5FA5]▬[/color][color=#695CA1]▬[/color][color=#65589E]▬[/color][color=#61559A]▬[/color][color=#5D5197]▬[/color][color=#594D93]▬[/color][color=#564A90]▬[/color][color=#52468C]❰[/color] [color=#4A3F85]J[/color][color=#463B82]O[/color][color=#42387E]I[/color][color=#3E347B]N[/color] [color=#3E347B]I[/color][color=#42387E]C[/color][color=#463B82]O[/color] [color=#4E4389]❱[/color][color=#52468C]▬[/color][color=#564A90]▬[/color][color=#594D93]▬[/color][color=#5D5197]▬[/color][color=#61559A]▬[/color][color=#65589E]▬[/color][color=#695CA1]▬[/color][color=#6D5FA5]▬[/colo
Rebisco

Activity: 650
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 09:33:59 AM

Bitcoin
* is a cryptocurrency and a digital payment system invented by an unknown programmer, or a group of programmers, under the name Satoshi Nakamoto.
* The system is peer-to-peer, and transactions take place between users directly, without an intermediary. These transactions are verified by network nodes and recorded in a public distributed ledger called a blockchain. Since the system works without a central repository or single administrator, bitcoin is called the first decentralized digital currency.

* Besides being created as a reward for mining, bitcoin can be exchanged for other currencies, products, and services in legal or black markets.

* As of February 2015, over 100,000 merchants and vendors accepted bitcoin as payment.
According to research produced by Cambridge University in 2017, there are 2.9 to 5.8 million unique users using a cryptocurrency wallet, most of them using bitcoin.

For me bitcoin is a simple digital currency can be use by all citizens. Bitcoins os really money that we can earn.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1136

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 09:35:39 AM

Bitcoin

Yeah this resonates with my personal (perhaps irrelevant) point of view.

To me the blockchain is a value transmission system.

It is able to transmit various forms of value. Currency/money is just the first form that we have experimented with.

For this reason, I struggle to confine bitcoin and other digital assets into the box of being 'just' currencies. 

Others do, and it make sense for them - but, clearly, bitcoin is so much more than just money.

A £5 polymer bank note is 'just' a currency. This isn't the case with digital assets though.

As more digital assets are brought into the lime light, more innovation will be sparked and we will eventually begin to see the blockchain applied in areas other than money/currency - which will be amazing

It is already starting as of now which blockchain development is already being used on some services already and now you can able to see there are lots of projects which do make use of it which means this is really a great medium to make fast and reliable transactions with ease. Back to topic. Bitcoin is a decentralized digital asset which gives an innovation when it comes to money transfers and not only that it gives also a chance for us on making money out of it.

flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 11:11:32 AM

According to my view bitcoin is the money and bitcoin is the good asset for future.
This is simple one word answer for Bitcoin. We can use bitcoin for many purposes but the end of the day Bitcoin means money. And to earn this money we don't need to do any hard work, we will get bitcoins with many easy tasks like trading and invest, and some people will earn from gambling. Apart from this people will earn from their skills. So bitcoins means easy online money.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 02:14:46 PM

This is simple one word answer for Bitcoin. We can use bitcoin for many purposes but the end of the day Bitcoin means money. And to earn this money we don't need to do any hard work, we will get bitcoins with many easy tasks like trading and invest, and some people will earn from gambling. Apart from this people will earn from their skills. So bitcoins means easy online money.
True! Bitcoins mean digital currency. This is the precise definition of bitcoins. If we really want to know what bitcoins are, we should ask those who have become millionaire by trading with bitcoins. Bitcoins are the decentralized currency which allows users to invest and trade with them in order to enjoy huge profits. Bitcoins are the future of world. Soon they will become the mainstream currency of the world.
xbiv2

Activity: 560
Merit: 111

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 02:35:50 PM

1. International money transfer,
2. for keep money,
3. gambling,
4. pay for internet service,
5. pay to freelancers in foreign countries

Obito

Activity: 1274
Merit: 293

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 02:45:42 PM

On my own definition, bitcoin is a digital form of money. Yet, this is another way of payment in any kind of transaction. Furthermore, bitcoin is anonymous that even the government cannot manipulate it. For me bitcoin is my source of income and I usually used it to sustain my daily needs.
TheGodFather

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 05:06:31 PM

There sure are many meanings about bitcoin. And i think, none of them is wrong.
For me, bitcoin is a type of cryptocurrency, something digital and we can use it to have a transaction online and don't have something like bank. Also no one can really rule it.
But thanks for your information, now i know many meanings about bitcoin from many sources

everyone has a different way to how to explain or how to determine what bitcoin is it depends on how do they treat it , but in general, bitcoin is a cryptocurrency on the internet, it is a digital money on the web, we can earn money from the web and one of those will be a bitcoin, bitcoin can be a source of income for us.
Forhadm

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 05:28:26 PM

Bitcoin is a digital cryptocurrency made up for a processed data blocks used for online and brick and mortar purchases, Because bitcoins are limit and their value is determined by market forces bitcoins are also trade like stock on various exchanged.Now bitcoins project is the best project of this society.
kpcian

Activity: 826
Merit: 529

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 05:41:33 PM

Basically, Bitcoin is the pioneer of the crypto currency sector. it was invented in 2009 by an unknown person but it was invented for everybody purpose.
day by day it is spreading out all over the world, by the name of Bitcoin many people have gathered experience about crypto currency, it has created a credible and acceptable ground in some developed countries. it also has become a legal currency in some countries.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 07:16:48 PM

Yes, bitcoins mean digital currency. This is the precise definition of bitcoins. If we really want to know what bitcoins are, we should ask those who have become millionaire by trading with bitcoins. Bitcoins are the decentralized currency which allows users to invest and trade with them in order to enjoy huge profits. Bitcoins are the future of world. Soon they will become the mainstream currency of the world.
GoodLuck2

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 01:34:25 PM

In simplest words, Bitcoin is a derived experiment out of scratch that was meant to give complete financial authorities in your hands, just so you can feel that you are your own bank. It is something that has a value and gets inflated every time someone gets into it.
It is a method of transferring "digital tokens" from one account to another based on reflected values one asks for, and on the other hand get services or goods against it.
Yes totally agreed. You are your own bank just investing your trading bitcoin into investment. You will have a large number of money in your pocket because as we know that bitcoin is enlarging day by day. So yes we are our own banks if we are a good investors in a bitcoin. Because bitcoin is giving us a lot of idea to do something new with bitcoin.
Smarty14392

Activity: 560
Merit: 286

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 01:46:11 PM

You have basic knowledge about bitcoin then why are you posting here? Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency used for trading, investing, gambling and miningm Bitcoin has been a good way to earn money for some. Investing in mining hardware has too been profitable. Bitcoin has been a good type of part time and full time job. You can easily find more deep information about bitcoins at the internet
orarider

Activity: 575
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 02:19:10 PM

Bitcoin

You can find all the necessary information by internet guy, it's very easy. However, besides insights, you need to have practical experience in order to make a profit, so learn how to make money from others and you can become a great entrepreneur. good luck.
marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 12:17:22 AM

Bitcoin

You can find all the necessary information by internet guy, it's very easy. However, besides insights, you need to have practical experience in order to make a profit, so learn how to make money from others and you can become a great entrepreneur. good luck.

Word for word meaning is all in dictionaries and internet but for me is a new tool to give hope to improve our ways of living by earning thru trading and investment experiences. Before most of the ordinary people dont know how to engage  business and now after learning a lot about bitcoin they start practicing business and enterpreneurship with the use of capital that came from or of what they have earned in bitcoin. We are all very thankful for this.
blackhawkeye1912

Activity: 784

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 05:41:49 AM

For me bitcoin is money, where you can use it anywhere you go, once you convert it according to your currency. It is also a an investment assets , were it can produce money or savings for the future. it has a lots of usages and good  features too.
bitcoinmaniac52

Activity: 532

Presale is live!

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 06:07:57 AM

The word Bitcoin refers to the name of the cryptocurrency, of course, but also 1 Bit is equal to 100 Satoshis (the lowest denomination of a Bitcoin) and the point is someday 1 Bit will equal 1 dollar and Satoshis will be like pennies.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██