Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 06:10:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Baikal A2000 Giant+  (Read 5058 times)
baskanx

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 02:02:14 PM

HI everyone.

We are sorry for didn't come to clarify our new process for purchasing before, just too busy recently.

Current ordering process: (actually is very easy)
- Any questions regarding shipment, payment, operation question and pcice, we will offer response through our Skype.
- Final quotation, payment details will be provided through official email(baikal@baikalminer.com)
So just shoot your questions to our skype first.

Why we use Skype for communicating:
We admit we don't have many market skill..but we are trying. Considering of previous sale on Cube/quad-cube, too many customers fail to order due to our delayed reply, we are sorry for that. So this time, we deceided to move our customers who have quetsions need to check before ordering to our skype, so for a fast and timely communication. make sure each customer will get a fast answer.
Why we use Email quoting:
Gathered all feedbacks about security issue. we deceide to use official email for final quotation. So, just make sure the final quotation you get is from our official email, then you are in safe and right road. this is all for the security of customers payment.

We are still young in this industry, but we are learning and sure will be better in the future.

I will also make response on the OVERPRICED COMMENTS outside here:
1) we have been always selling goods in stock, this can ensure all of you a SAFE and ACCURATE shipment date. Future goods and spot goods have big difference.
2) people might now just take our X11 algorithm as standard to compare. X11 is just one of our six algorithms. offer some of your attention to other algorithms, you may find a same or even better profit.

@igotek
Thanks very much for your reviews and your comments on us. Smiley Smiley Smiley
May I ask could you do me a favor if you can pasted my statement of process steps to your original post. that helps more people to see Cheesy Cheesy

Other miner companies allow you to order completely on the website. Your process is NOT easy.

Also, many folks don't have Skype, and I suspect I'm not the only one that isn't even sure what Skype is supposed to be.
 Quotes via email is a large part of the ISSUE with your company, along with the LONG DELAYS caused by having any part of the order process be via email.

I'd recommend taking a good hard look at sites like Bitmain and Newegg for online ordering done right.

You do need to adjust your pricing a LOT, now that you have competition again - unless you want your miner to stop selling except perhaps to the VERY SMALL number of non-X11 miners it supports.
 Keep in mind what happened to SFARDS and their "dual-miner" - wasn't very competative even when it shipped vs. Bitmain on SHA256, and the cost was way too high for it to sell based on it's Scrypt capabilities.

Agreed. If a company can't tell me a straight forward price that they're charging for their devices, I don't want one. Period.  Put it on your website in black and white, and let the market decide whether your device is worth the asking price.  Trying to do individual pricing in a tech marketplace is a quick way to destroy a business's reputation.  It smells like the company knows the price is too high, and wants to engage in used car sales tactics to pressure folks into buying one.  Hence, the Skype requirement. 

cashen

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 02:03:47 PM

Trying to do individual pricing in a tech marketplace is a quick way to destroy a business's reputation. 
[/quote]

[/quote]

They should just put them on ebay with a 3 day auction
poolrunner

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 12:09:27 AM
Last edit: September 29, 2017, 04:52:54 PM by poolrunner

Baikal realizes that their production output has been trounced by the market competition. They therefore are negotaiting price push to keep the asic profitability up. But they are getting squeezed as the market is moving faster than they can output.

I have a Giant+ A2000. It seems to be rewarding a little low even though the hash rate pegs at 3.5gh/s. The device is rated at 2000mh/s.
It was mining X14 but when all the blocks confirmed the reward activity would shut down to zero while the device was thrashing away mining something, I am not sure.
This happened twice. The last time the device got stuck in the initialization mode. So I rebooted it and removed the x14 from the mining list.
The x11 activity is there but like I mentioned that rate is really slow. And the date is September 28, 2017 so maybe the mining market is gone at this level of device hash rate.

I am pondering putting this device back on the market for $4800usd.

Back to the x14 reference. It is Berncash.
poolrunner

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:53:30 PM

Has any A2000 owner had trouble with the terminal not responding to any typing?
warshark66

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 04:11:07 PM

To be fair the Biakal Giant+ is still making 10.18 USD a day or 232.23 USD monthly profit, whereas the Antminer D3 at 19.3Ghs is rapidly going down, now only making 2.52 USD or 75.33 USD monthly. As of 19/11/2017
I'm pretty pissed I got two D3's (November batch) instead of Baikal Giant+'s. I sold my D3's on Ebay immediately I received them and have ordered two Baikal Gaints X10's instead. I'll never buy a miner that mines one algo again.  Sad
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: