Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:44:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-05-07 Financial Review (AUS) - Bitcoin Just For Geeks, says Mastercard  (Read 901 times)
kiko (OP)

Activity: 453
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 11:21:55 AM

http://www.afr.com/p/technology/bitcoin_just_for_geeks_says_mastercard_yBzxbcwUZQMzuwgrGkLMhO

Bitcoin, devisive as ever.

Mastercard:
Having a virtual currency that is only living in the virtual world and then you can occasionally cash out – other than geeks, who is really going to latch onto that?

Deloitte:
But Deloitte’s Centre for the Edge partner Peter Williams said BitCoin was an unstoppable force that would stabilise over time as more people bought into it.

“By its very nature it can’t be regulated [and] you can’t arrest an algorithm,” he said.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 01:28:02 PM

Attacks are getting quite shrill ... must be getting close to the target.

BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 02:26:32 PM

Only for geeks???

I just read in Business Review Weekly that Bitfash is trying to market to the fashion industry.  Um,  really not something geeks are into I would think??? Wink  My teenage daughter might really be interested in BTC now though. Wink

http://www.brw.com.au/p/brw-lounge/bitcoin_buyers_fashionable_bitfash_BSdOJrl3KlXUdg0kn5AusN

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
n8rwJeTt8TrrLKPa55eU

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 04:06:27 PM

This and other media coverage over the past month confirms my theory that if Kreuzberg is turning into Bitcoin Heaven, Oceania appears to be turning into Bitcoin Hell.

But Deloitte’s Centre for the Edge partner Peter Williams said BitCoin was an unstoppable force that would stabilise over time as more people bought into it.

“By its very nature it can’t be regulated [and] you can’t arrest an algorithm,” he said.

Mr. Williams reads like a very smart fellow, but is clearly outnumbered.  For his own safety, him and those two gentlemen in Melbourne should consider emigrating before the witch-hunt officially begins.
Realpra

Activity: 815
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 04:24:57 PM

The deloitte part was pretty awesome.

As for MasterCard guy, he kind of shot himself in the foot saying that "being frictionless" was important.. Bitcoin is like THE king of frictionless.

I don't believe him when he says they are not worried, unless he is really thick.

Cheap and sexy Bitcoin card/hardware wallet, buy here:
http://BlochsTech.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: