Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:05:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Btc value rising why?  (Read 1245 times)
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 08:43:59 PM

Why they would do this with over a week to go doesn't make much sense, maybe they just felt the need to do it right away?

How doesn't that make sense? I would be extemely pissed if they started to notify people a day or two before the first of August. More exchanges have released clear statements of what their actions will/might look like. It's a normal and even a necessity to notice people far before something is going to happen, especially in case of a potential chain split. People with a functioning brain will withdraw their Bitcoins at least a day prior to the first of August, where other lazy and mentally challenged people will leave their coins on-exchange.

There's always people who don't notice important events until long after they are over and done. I have known exchanges to make statements months in advance informing users to withdraw their coins because were closing, and yet there were still people who didn't withdraw before they closed.

If there is a chain split there will be people complaining their exchange won't split their coins for them despite the exchanges making statements about it months in advance. If the exchanges didn't make those statements early they would get even more people complaining.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 11:56:05 PM

Basically because its decided what will be the result this upcoming month unlike this past days people panicked about what should they do since price goes down and down.
joseafonso123az (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 10:48:04 AM

it goes down, they ask why, it goes up, they ask why again. just buy the damn thing already Cheesy

take a look at the charts and see the swings, they all end up being a temporary bump on the road leading to the final rise. and then look at all the potential bitcoin has. it is still the same good ol' decentralized payment system with very limited supply.

yes, but this was a  increase/decrease phase related to SegWit, thhis created so much ruckus in bitcoin world !
joseafonso123az (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 10:55:24 AM

I got an email yesterday morning from coinbase sayiing there may be a hard fork and if it happens they won't support the new coin so you better get your coins off to be safe. Also buying/selling will be closed on 7/31.
It's my guess that this email and possibly other similar messages from other exchanges prompted people to buy coins and get them off, reducing supply. Why they would do this with over a week to go doesn't make much sense, maybe they just felt the need to do it right away?

Hopefully I had already stopped using coinbase because of their strict rules ! But if they so, maybe it is better to move them out to a safer wallet !
molsewid

Activity: 2170
Merit: 530

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 02:45:34 PM

bitcoin value is rising now because panic selling are already stopped and that's a good thing because we can now see a $3000 barrier soon but let me remind you that august 1st is soon to come so better be ready and buy a hardware bitcoin wallet which is offline and you can hold it anytime. it is on a cheap price so much better if you spend a little bucks for the safety of your bitcoins.
Ted E. Bare

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Bear with me

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 02:55:58 PM

You ask why the price is rising? Bitcoin is governed by scarcity. Only 21 million coins will ever be put in existence...
The value of one bitcoin has been increasing dramatically every year.
skorupi17

Activity: 490
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 03:10:35 PM

With the instability of the SegWit happening with which kind of fork, we saw bitcoins value drop a bit down 2k. As we are approaching the day of SegWit, I was expecting that the btc could indeed decrease a bit of his value, but it is increasing( that's great ). But why is it increasing ? people started to trust btc even after SegWit ?

BIP91 has been locked-in and as a result, the SegWit will be activated within a few days of preparations. By signalling BIP91, the issue of having a "hard fork" will be avoided, thus, the "Bitcoin is going to split" drama is over. More  people are going back in to Bitcoin and as a result, you can see the charts. It seems that you were a little bit late on same news. However, if the SegWit activation did not have a smooth activation, we may encounter some minor fluctuations.
tagged

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 03:25:31 PM

While the bitcoin community continues to actively discuss the fixation of the proposal to improve the BIP 91 protocol, there was one more - in many ways unexpected - event: the mining pools Antpool and Bitcoin.com began to produce blocks with support for SegWit.

Congratulations to all the good news, bitcoin to the moon !
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 03:35:59 PM

There's always people who don't notice important events until long after they are over and done. I have known exchanges to make statements months in advance informing users to withdraw their coins because were closing, and yet there were still people who didn't withdraw before they closed.

If there is a chain split there will be people complaining their exchange won't split their coins for them despite the exchanges making statements about it months in advance. If the exchanges didn't make those statements early they would get even more people complaining.

It's a damn shame that there are people not taking things seriously. In case of a potential chain split, the community, social media, and the crypto related news sources are literally flooded with articles, so how can one still not notice things? It's not that it's just 1 exchange stating that a certain coin gets delisted where people might not see or notice that statement -- the first of August is a huge/massive/mega thing if you look everywhere. If people don't act accordingly, they from my point of view lose all rights to complain.
italianobitcoin

Activity: 370

Forza Italia

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 03:56:07 PM

When i look at the last couple of weeks i am certain the price is/was manipulated. But now it's hard to say where the price is going. Gaining 400 usd in a day is a lot, and with 1 week before the deadline it's hard to say what people are waiting for.
ajmapalo22

Activity: 266
Merit: 122

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 04:19:17 PM

Bitcoin value increases after many got panic in the past few days due to spontaneous decrease in the value of btc.they sold their coins only to realize they got lost some of their earnings...demand on btc fluctuates from time to time..also maybe due to the upcoming august 1
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 09:19:30 PM

It's a damn shame that there are people not taking things seriously. In case of a potential chain split, the community, social media, and the crypto related news sources are literally flooded with articles, so how can one still not notice things? It's not that it's just 1 exchange stating that a certain coin gets delisted where people might not see or notice that statement -- the first of August is a huge/massive/mega thing if you look everywhere. If people don't act accordingly, they from my point of view lose all rights to complain.

Although that's how I view it, there will still be people complaining if there's a fork. In fact years later there will still be people coming out of the woodwork complaining. There are still people making fresh complaints about coins they left on a long bankrupt exchange. It took them years to even notice it went bankrupt.
Haslett5236

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 10:07:40 PM

i think it is because of the 1th August's  soft fork  people buying and hold waitting double their bitcoin

Roll Eyes if really folk.
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 10:44:09 PM

With the instability of the SegWit happening with which kind of fork, we saw bitcoins value drop a bit down 2k. As we are approaching the day of SegWit, I was expecting that the btc could indeed decrease a bit of his value, but it is increasing( that's great ). But why is it increasing ? people started to trust btc even after SegWit ?

My guess is that either investors started buying up Bitcoins while the price dropped below $2000 and this increased demand that has continued, or the price is being pumped before a dump.

It's also possible that those people close to the SegWit situation know something the rest of us don't know, or they could be anticipating a huge price increase after the fork and are buying them up as a result.
IamHigh

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 11:42:08 PM

My guess is that either investors started buying up Bitcoins while the price dropped below $2000 and this increased demand that has continued, or the price is being pumped before a dump.

It's also possible that those people close to the SegWit situation know something the rest of us don't know, or they could be anticipating a huge price increase after the fork and are buying them up as a result.

My guess is different. I think people exited from pumped altcoins and ether because they found bicoin very cheap when it was under $2000 last week. And they started a movement on exchanges like waves moving among the investors. And we found ourselves in this position.
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 11:58:48 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2017, 01:53:58 AM by MMA

When i look at the last couple of weeks i am certain the price is/was manipulated. But now it's hard to say where the price is going. Gaining 400 usd in a day is a lot, and with 1 week before the deadline it's hard to say what people are waiting for.
to mo i think only because of the interest of the people. i think in previous time there were expectation of the manipulating of the price of bitcoin but i think now it has become too much difficult because the users of bitcoin are continously increasing and therefore it is now becoming more difficult to manipulate the price of  bitcoin. i think the current increase in the price of bitcoin is only because of the interest of the people.
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 12:23:23 AM

Maybe all this fall in price was just a way the whales wanted to make quick profit so they kept selling their coins until bitcoin fell this 1800 and after it reached to it's all time low they kept buying bitcoins and that can be the reason for a 1000$ increase in such a short period
ekoice

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 12:45:26 PM

Bitcoin price decreased last week due to FUD spread by big whales to promote panic hats why the price has started to increasselling to buy cheap bitcoins.I think by this time,big whales would have completed buying cheap bitcoins and thats why price has started to increase.Those who were confused whether to buy bitcoins or not have also started o buy bitcoins after seeing it recovering in price.Thats why the dramatic change.
iram1011

Activity: 896
Merit: 521

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 12:53:07 PM

Actually the dip was connected with the speculation of UASF which didn't has majority consensus and would had lead to chain split. Investors were scared of chain split because it would had created two coins with almost equal value and very less than what we have now. But as soon as Segwit2x got the majority and miners started implementing Segwit. The confusion got clear and now with no chain split investors are happily back to game.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: