Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:13:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Restore paper wallet on another computer with BIP148?  (Read 318 times)
bblboy54 (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 03:06:11 AM

I'm still wrapping my brain around the BIP148 scenario but from everything I'm gathering one of the best scenarios is to have two copies of bitcoin running where one is Core and the other is Core/USAF.  Currently my laptop has Bitcoin Core and Armory and I don't think I have enough room for another blockchain.  As a result, is it possible to set up a fresh copy of bitcoin USAF and Armory on another computer and then restore the same wallet from my paper backup?  I have no plans on transacting bitcoin from Aug 1st until there is a clear path so I assume that I'm ok in any event as long as I have the paper backup (since I could theoretically keep things running as is and then switch to USAF if/when BIP148 becomes the consensus and armory would still behave like nothing happened)?

I guess in short my assumption is that the paper backup can be restored onto a system running Core or Core/USAF at any point in the future and it shouldn't cause any problems provided I didn't transact anything between August 1st and whatever time the wallet is restored?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gangtraet

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 11:53:58 AM

There should be no problems in doing this.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: