Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:12:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Monaco... will we get ever get a card that doesn't rely on Visa/Mastercard?  (Read 525 times)
photonfanatic (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 08:53:32 PM

So Monaco is going to have a card you can use to spend Bitcoin. For those like me who want the evil banking cartels to die out, Monaco isn't progress. Well, not necessarily progress. What I'd like to see, is a bitcoin card, where you can just spend your bitcoins to make purchases, and its not tied to any of the large, old entities. But can that ever actually happen? Would we need some kind of massive transaction center somewhere, just like Visa/Mastercard have?

Will we ever get a Bitcoin card, that is independent of them? Is there any project like that in the works?
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 913

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 11:53:48 AM

So Monaco is going to have a card you can use to spend Bitcoin. For those like me who want the evil banking cartels to die out, Monaco isn't progress. Well, not necessarily progress. What I'd like to see, is a bitcoin card, where you can just spend your bitcoins to make purchases, and its not tied to any of the large, old entities. But can that ever actually happen? Would we need some kind of massive transaction center somewhere, just like Visa/Mastercard have?

Will we ever get a Bitcoin card, that is independent of them? Is there any project like that in the works?

We need a "Visa"or "Mastercard" like company that will produce the cards and run the transactions.
Do we have such a company?No,i can`t see a big enough bitcoin business that will support such a card.
W need many offline merchants that will accept bitcoin payments.Do we have those merchants?No.

PayCoinly

Activity: 60
Merit: 3

Send & Receive Money With Paycoinly.

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 02:50:46 PM

Yes. Paycoinly. Please watch out for our Pre-ANN in few weeks.

Send & Receive Money With Paycoinly.  Over 300 Funding & Withdrawal Methods! https://paycoinly.com
mackenzied

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 03:15:23 PM

I think Monaco is really an improvement, it's like a utility that was developed to support the use of bitcoin. Like the fast payment cards, Monaco helps bitcoin and altcoin make transactions easy.

MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 03:53:04 PM

The purpose from these cards is to be able to use them anywhere where Visa and MasterCard are accepted, If you want to eliminate the banks from the equation then you will have simply to use a BTM (Bitcoin ATM). We only have 1380 ATM currently (worldwide) but the charts really shows some progress over the years, doubling each year.
BuySomeBitcoins

Activity: 434
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 04:37:28 PM

We will yes.

photonfanatic (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 07:08:18 PM

Thanks, informative thread.

Paycoinly still says visa on their site though.

But yeah I think I've changed my mind about Monaco though. I think it will help get bitcoin to a place where one day, we won't need visa/mastercard services anymore to spend bitcoin.

As for those bitcoin ATM's, do they just transfer bitcoin straight into your local fiat currency at the ATM itself?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: