Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:43:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 [561] 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 ... 937 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees  (Read 703561 times)
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:15:42 AM

This is the future shame BCH can't do it

In the controlled conditions of a lab, any coin can do this.

Get to me when there is a solution working in the wild.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tekmobile

Activity: 392
Merit: 154

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 11:33:43 AM

It's been tested on mainnet successfully routing through various hops using all the different implementations of lightning with public beta for everyone to use being released soon
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 12:05:51 PM

It's been tested on mainnet successfully routing through various hops using all the different implementations of lightning with public beta for everyone to use being released soon

Any idea what could happen in real world, under real attacks and economical competitive circumstances?

Are you willing to compensate lost funds if fails or are you only shilling and quickly back out, having also never provided any financial world recommendet disclaimer?

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
Agro465

Activity: 165
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 01:28:22 PM

I think that something is going on today at bitcoin and bitcoin cash. such a back and forth
flyx

Activity: 374
Merit: 101

I am a student

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:54:58 PM

I think that something is going on today at bitcoin and bitcoin cash. such a back and forth

I understand why bitcoin will rising
but There is not reason for rising bch except organic pumps

Donate:
BTC:   bc1q3ghe565af3zq20u05qpm474eu8wsff7tflcfg3
ETH:  0xDFCaFeF24a398FB8AbF4ca363c04C267c45279E5
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 04:10:30 PM

Released soon , is NOT Released Now!

Still vaporware until then.

When shitnet is released, you think people will need a 4 year degree before they can understand all of the stupid hoops it will make them jump thru.
Or
Will the shitnet banks, just say give us your money , we will do it all for you because you are too stupid to understand this convoluted shitnet system,
that was designed to be too hard for 70% of the populace to use.   Tongue

╥Aztek

Payment channels can be created automatic so its pretty simple

1. Visit site
2. scan code (payment amount is included and shown)
3. press send/pay
4. if a routable payment channel exists then payment is sent and transaction is complete otherwise a routable channel is created and then payment is sent then transaction is complete

Thats it

bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1826

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:21:14 PM

When shitnet is released, you think people will need a 4 year degree before they can understand all of the stupid hoops it will make them jump thru.
Or
Will the shitnet banks, just say give us your money , we will do it all for you because you are too stupid to understand this convoluted shitnet system,

╥Aztek

Well Craig Wright has been touting that they are working on ways to optimize they way BCH handles the transactions and and will be switching to unlimited blocks sometime in 2018. Shall we consider that Vaporware too? Roll Eyes Too bad. The proposals he's been presenting are rather interesting. But since they are not implemented yet, I'll just dismiss it as "vaporware" and proceed accordingly.
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 04:23:15 PM

1. Visit site
3. press send/pay
4. if a routable payment channel exists then payment is sent and transaction is complete otherwise a routable channel is created and then payment is sent then transaction is complete

Thats it

If it is going to be so easy, what is keeping the dumbasses from releasing it.

You left out a crap load of Alice & Bob examples, plus the timelocks, that people need to understand.

You seem to leave out details all of the time, it is almost like you are doing it on purpose.  Wink

╥Aztek

1.Its called testing when you are dealing with a multi billion network you cannot afford mistakes
2. The alice and bob examples of how things work behind the scenes and whats going off in the background when you buy something with visa do you know exactly what happens behind the scenes
3. Timelocks you mean the opening and closing of the channel something that happens automatic

bones261
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:29:24 PM

Well Craig Wright has been touting that they are working on ways to optimize they way BCH handles the transactions and and will be switching to unlimited blocks sometime in 2018. Shall we consider that Vaporware too? Roll Eyes

Until it is released in the real world, then yes it is all vaporware.

Bitcoin Cash does not currently have any scaling problems, segshit does.

╥Aztek

Well, then I shall assume that BCH will only be able to scale to about 50-60tx per second. Very paltry rate when we want this to be used by the masses to buy coffee. Kiss
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 04:32:39 PM

Well Craig Wright has been touting that they are working on ways to optimize they way BCH handles the transactions and and will be switching to unlimited blocks sometime in 2018. Shall we consider that Vaporware too? Roll Eyes

╥Aztek

And instead of releasing a short term fix that will then probably need to HF again for one that's longer term bitcoin is releasing a long term fix now that will scale far beyond unlimited block sizes why didn't cash just remove the block limit from day 1 if it was that easy.

It is still unknown how well a unlimited block will handle millions of tx/s but nodes will become very expensive to run and the free wallets may not be able to afford to run the nodes they require to operate and in the future start requiring a monthly subscription or a fixed purchase price to cover the operating costs for the wallet node
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:39:15 PM

╥Aztek

And instead of releasing a short term fix that will then probably need to HF again for one that's longer term bitcoin is releasing a long term fix now that will scale far beyond unlimited block sizes why didn't cash just remove the block limit from day 1 if it was that easy.

It is still unknown how well a unlimited block will handle millions of tx/s but nodes will become very expensive to run and the free wallets may not be able to afford to run the nodes they require to operate and in the future start requiring a monthly subscription or a fixed purchase price to cover the operating costs for the wallet node

I love the unlimited blocks. I would love to backup my entire itunes library on the BCH blockchain. I'll pay a nominal fee for that.
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 04:48:31 PM

╥Aztek

They released a solution that fixes the problem for the next 4 years,
trying to fix a solution 50 years away , when you have no idea what technology will be available in the next 10 years shows a stupidity rare in the world.

Until 8 MB blocks are full on a consistent basis, there is really no point to upgrade BCH.

Funny you argue 8MB is not enough and yet have hundreds of thousands of unconfirmed transactions waiting on 1mb and you want to sit on your hands and wait for the shitnet vaporware.
Too Funny.

╥Aztek

sending $10000 costs the exact same to mine and store as $0.01 does it make any sense for all those $0.10 micropayments to be stored on the chain forever

Ain't it much better to store safe and secure your vast wealth on the chain and for all the little nonsense transactions that you will potentially make to be forgotten about straight away I mean do you really care that much that you can look back on your life 20 years from now and say here was my first coffee I had with bitcoin enough to clog up terabytes/petabytes etc worth of data for years to come
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 04:59:33 PM

sending $10000 costs the exact same to mine and store as $0.01 does it make any sense for all those $0.10 micropayments to be stored on the chain forever

Ain't it much better to store safe and secure your vast wealth on the chain and for all the little nonsense transactions that you will potentially make to be forgotten about straight away I mean do you really care that much that you can look back on your life 20 years from now and say here was my first coffee I had with bitcoin

Giving control over a new monetary supply to the Banking cartels so they can continue enslaving the populace with their fractional reserve shenanigans is beyond stupid.
And that is the purpose of ShitNet & SegShit.
With Shitnet and their so called routable channels, they will decide whom you may transact with and have the ability to confiscate your funds,
abilities they do not have without segshit & shitnet.

╥Aztek

LN Node operators cannot confiscate funds it's a timelocked contract enforced by the main chain LN is designed to be trustless meaning you do not need to trust the node operators it is not in their interest to try and cheat you and if they do try then you can close the channel with all funds yours and theirs

I don't know where you get fractional reserves from if I open a channel for 0.1BTC then we both have effectively locked 0.1BTC they cannot use that to then create a channel with someone else

If you only have 1BTC then you can only have active channels worth up to 1BTC

tekmobile

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 05:07:12 PM

Ain't it much better to store safe and secure your vast wealth on the chain and for all the little nonsense transactions that you will potentially make to be forgotten about straight away I mean do you really care that much that you can look back on your life 20 years from now and say here was my first coffee I had with bitcoin

Giving control over a new monetary supply to the Banking cartels so they can continue enslaving the populace with their fractional reserve shenanigans is beyond stupid.
And that is the purpose of ShitNet & SegShit.
With Shitnet and their so called routable channels, they will decide whom you may transact with and have the ability to confiscate your funds,
abilities they do not have without segshit & shitnet.

╥Aztek

LN Node operators cannot confiscate funds it's a timelocked contract enforced by the main chain LN is designed to be trustless meaning you do not need to trust the node operators it is not in their interest to try and cheat you and if they do try then you can close the channel with all funds yours and theirs

LN NODES CAN CONFISCATE FUNDS.
They can charge Fees and removed them until they removed your entire amount.

Banks make money by charging Fee, the Banking cartels are going to run the LN Hubs and determine the routes and the fees structure.

Like I said, you ignore too many details.

╥Aztek

You create a channel and a fee is only paid when you make a payment if you don't send anything they cannot charge you a fee

And you are making shit up to back up what you think
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 05:17:39 PM

You create a channel and a fee is only paid when you make a payment if you don't send anything they cannot charge you a fee

And you are making shit up to back up what you think

You are making up shit , as your vaporware has not been released.

Try to stick to reality instead of your B.S. vaporware.

╥Aztek

I've used it on testnet with the android eclair wallet where this is already active and is the exact same as what will be released on mainnet so even though it's not currently on mainnet I have used it and it has been used on mainnet there are transactions on the main chain right now from lighting channels
clip123

Activity: 193

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:19:28 PM

Sorry if this has been answered but are you guys going to implement segwit in the future and lightening network support for atomic swap?
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 4282

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:20:36 PM

the butthurt is strong with this fire bird

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
clip123

Activity: 193

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:23:36 PM

Sorry if this has been answered but are you guys going to implement segwit in the future and lightening network support for atomic swap?

NO , SEGSHIT has been patent by shitcore devs.
Any coin they uses it , shitcore can sue.

Use exchanges Offchain processing which works right now.

╥Aztek

Makes sense, thanks
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2017, 05:25:40 PM

NO , SEGSHIT has been patent by shitcore devs.
Any coin they uses it , shitcore can sue.

Use exchanges Offchain processing which works right now.

╥Aztek

Claims "Lightning is Centralised" then recommends people use exchanges that have a single point of failure and when hacked you lose everything

Im sure when Ver said the same thing about MtGox and told everyone not to worry that worked too that was until it was hacked and millions was vapourised and yes I had money in MtGox not much though 2-3 BTC most of what I had was offline
David48l

Activity: 600
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 05:33:01 PM

Or

╥Aztek

1. Visit site
3. press send/pay

Thats it

You are a known troll already here
Why are you coming here to troll? And more importantly, why do you come to this forum to tell Fud? instead of going to your forum to celebrate how well your 4-step LN is doing + the 4 steps of opening channel + the 4 steps of closing channel

We know that you are a very good person and you just want to help us so that we do not make the mistake of investing in bch (ironia on). But no thanks, we do not need FOMO and FUD

In bch you only need one step, send ..., and best of all WHICH IS ALREADY WORKING, ln are more promises to arrive that require 4 steps + 4 steps + .....

BITCOIN CASH IS THE REAL BITCOIN, BITCOIN SEGWIT IS PAYPAL
Pages: « 1 ... 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 [561] 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 ... 937 »
  Print  

Jump to: