Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:02:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 [714] 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 ... 937 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees  (Read 703561 times)
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1075

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 09:25:36 AM

^ you should have bookmarked it last year,  Tongue

Anyways, i know whats going on....
heres a lil tip...
its not going to be good for og btc when most miners switch to BCH   Grin

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 09:27:28 AM

8months and BCH is stronger than ever  Kiss

First they ignore you, (done)
then they laugh at you, (done)
then they fight you, (where we are now)
 then you win. summer 2018  Cool

Mahatma Gandhi  Smiley

This coin has great philosopher this is the beauty of this community how wonderful vision and approach they have. Now I found that person who is buying dip all the time and every time after looking on that I could say this you will be next millionaire in BCH very soon.

Thank you, totally agree , this  community has wonderful vision and a great approach.
Welcome  Smiley

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 10:17:33 AM

Mahatma Gandhi  Smiley

This coin has great philosopher this is the beauty of this community how wonderful vision and approach they have. Now I found that person who is buying dip all the time and every time after looking on that I could say this you will be next millionaire in BCH very soon.

Thank you, totally agree , this  community has wonderful vision and a great approach.
Welcome  Smiley

Yeah, it's moving fast, leaving behind all who are still looking and searching for their own private enlightenment.

Grin

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:23:08 AM

og btc dropping again...let it, its overpriced and for an old fork its served it time well.

BCH will break this stupid trend of btc down all coins down.

Dont be shook out, Bitcoin cash is near bottom  Smiley

misterbigg
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:42:58 AM

How many here think that bitcoincash really got chance to beat original bitcoin in this race
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 12:03:51 PM

Mahatma Gandhi  Smiley

Welcome  Smiley

Yeah, it's moving fast, leaving behind all who are still looking and searching for their own private enlightenment.

Grin
Smiley  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-fjYzQ_VZs
Thriving on the Ups and Downs of the Spiritual Journey - Bentinho Massaro
(tek, check it out,listen to BM, it will help)

STOPBEINGREEDY

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Persistence turnsfailure into xemplary achievement

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 12:18:31 PM

hi guys.

just reaching out to anyone that might be able to assist.

does anyone  know of any dummy bitcoin wallets that can show dummy bitcoins inside, or can anyone show me how to make one?

it is for an authentic project i am doing.

sorry i am not very technical.

Longtime dreamer: DREAMCOIN:
DREAMCOIN now solidly based on land.
http://dreamcoin.fi/Freedomlandb.pdf
falconpunch

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:10:35 PM

Seems like a pretty limiting factor for LN if true
https://twitter.com/beijingbitcoins/status/983161737900736512  Huh
Bitbobb

Activity: 1134
Merit: 525

Less hops. More wins.

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:32:09 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2660&v=i4iZKISMZS8

interesting video here on M. Hearns' lighthouse project

feedback?

m3ndi3

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:12:11 PM

Looking at BCC price and its having more swing than any other coins in the market
tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 03:10:17 PM

I think this statement isn't accurate, is it?
https://cryptodisrupt.com/bitcoin-cash-bch-will-fork-may-2018/
The lead developer for Bitcoin Cash, Amaury Séchet...
Amaury is lead dev for Bitcoin ABC.
tekmobile

Activity: 392
Merit: 154

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 03:27:00 PM

Bitcoin ABC is Bitcoin Cash, ABC controls the project and decides what is happening

Amaury was supposedly paid for 1 years work by bitmain to fork it and get it off the ground

Bitcoin Cash was a contingency plan bitmain is getting their main business taken from under them there was talks of a PoW change and bitmain needed something they could control so their miners couldn't be made obsolete.

The same is happening now with monero fluffy pony tweaked the algorithm to brick bitmains cryptonight miners so they forked off monero classic that supports bitmain (is paid for by) so they can continue to have a coin that is in their control and they can guarantee it's future.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 03:28:34 PM

i think it's gonna be quite some time before we know what a lightning network can and can't do. i wouldn't pretend to have a clue. there are some very clear limitations right now. they might be solved, they might make sure it never amounts to a hill of beans.

it's a bit dumb how it became bitcoin's savior without most people having any understanding of what it really is. the jury's still out for me at least. i'm in no rush to set up a channel.
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 03:36:10 PM

i think it's gonna be quite some time before we know what a lightning network can and can't do. i wouldn't pretend to have a clue. there are some very clear limitations right now. they might be solved, they might make sure it never amounts to a hill of beans.

it's a bit dumb how it became bitcoin's savior without most people having any understanding of what it really is. the jury's still out for me at least. i'm in no rush to set up a channel.

That information is incorrect you can only receive as much as the sender has you don't need to own anything

I can set up a LN node and never fund it but anyone can connect to it and send funds over a LN channel

A channel can be one way only and most are until you have received something then you can send it back on to someone else or close the channel and gain the funds into your Bitcoin wallet

Right now the most limiting factor is you cannot send more than the channel on route with the lowest balance but once AMP is done then the payment can take multiple paths and you are then limited to the sum of all channels in the route combined

otunayode

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 03:39:31 PM

Bitcoin cash price is down right now especially for someone like me that bought at  2k! Many promises that we bought into is not been fulfilled right now. Bitcoincash seem not to go anywhere what is the next step in development of this coin!

[   BITVALVEⓇ   |   P2P crypto exchange   ]      ▬▬▬▬    THE MOST ADVANCED P2P
                                      Telegram        Twitter                   CRYPTO EXCHANGE PLATFORM
                                                    Bitcointalk      Facebook            [   ◾◾◾ JOIN ICO      WHITEPAPER   ]
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 03:40:50 PM

That information is incorrect you can only receive as much as the sender has you don't need to own anything

I can set up a LN node and never fund it but anyone can connect to it and send funds over a LN channel

A channel can be one way only and most are until you have received something then you can send it back on to someone else or close the channel and gain the funds into your Bitcoin wallet

Right now the most limiting factor is you cannot send more than the channel on route with the lowest balance but once AMP is done then the payment can take multiple paths and you are then limited to the sum of all channels in the route combined

all great info.

just goes to show how much there is to learn and how few people will eventually learn it. there'll need to be some epic dumbing down before it becomes an everyday thing.

Bitcoin cash price is down right now especially for someone like me that bought at  2k! Many promises that we bought into is not been fulfilled right now. Bitcoincash seem not to go anywhere what is the next step in development of this coin!

you didn't sense this coin had just a little bit of an agenda driving it?

it's just another alt. and all of them are taking a beating.
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 03:54:18 PM

all great info.

just goes to show how much there is to learn and how few people will eventually learn it. there'll need to be some epic dumbing down before it becomes an everyday thing.

Bitcoin cash price is down right now especially for someone like me that bought at  2k! Many promises that we bought into is not been fulfilled right now. Bitcoincash seem not to go anywhere what is the next step in development of this coin!

you didn't sense this coin had just a little bit of an agenda driving it?

it's just another alt. and all of them are taking a beating.

Yea it's still early and still lots of work to be done unless you know what you are doing in a Linux terminal then you will have a bad time it's definitely not for the beginner

It works well especially LND but you need to know what you are typing in if you don't then there is a high chance you will loose funds

Bitcoin nodes work well on the command line but most users just use the GUI because it's simple a lightning wallet is no different once the simple GUIs come that don't require a full running node to transact

It's amazing being able to send 1 Satoshi if you want that is such a small amount just a fraction of a penny
tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 04:29:33 PM
Merited by Mrpumperitis (1)

Bitcoin ABC is Bitcoin Cash, ABC controls the project and decides what is happening

Amaury was supposedly paid for 1 years work by bitmain to fork it and get it off the ground

Bitcoin Cash was a contingency plan bitmain is getting their main business taken from under them there was talks of a PoW change and bitmain needed something they could control so their miners couldn't be made obsolete.

The same is happening now with monero fluffy pony tweaked the algorithm to brick bitmains cryptonight miners so they forked off monero classic that supports bitmain (is paid for by) so they can continue to have a coin that is in their control and they can guarantee it's future.

Well, I thought Bitcoin ABC is just a client for Bitcoin Cash along with Unlimited, XT, and few smaller ones, no...?
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 04:37:09 PM

Well, I thought Bitcoin ABC is just a client for Bitcoin Cash along with Unlimited, XT, and few smaller ones, no...?

ABC calls the shots though the others just have to play along

ABC is kind of like the official client and the one every one uses unlimited and xt don't really get a say

The fixed HF schedule is set by ABC and it's ABC that dictates what gets added therefore ABC is BCH

Unlike core and the other Bitcoin clients where the community gets to decide ABC just does what it's paid to do

There is a huge amount of people that supports cash but not the enabling of new opcodes and I expect another split to happen soon 0.17 has been out for maybe close to a week so far and it's showing so far nobody has "upgraded" yet

falconpunch

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 04:55:35 PM

ABC calls the shots though the others just have to play along

ABC is kind of like the official client and the one every one uses unlimited and xt don't really get a say

The fixed HF schedule is set by ABC and it's ABC that dictates what gets added therefore ABC is BCH

Unlike core and the other Bitcoin clients where the community gets to decide ABC just does what it's paid to do

There is a huge amount of people that supports cash but not the enabling of new opcodes and I expect another split to happen soon 0.17 has been out for maybe close to a week so far and it's showing so far nobody has "upgraded" yet

Doesn't seem like there is huge backlash in regards to the fork also this is a quote from AA back in 2013 in regards to blockstream devs

"It's a perfectly valid answer if there is no possible way to discuss. Forks are the last resort, not the first. The guys are throwing out "go fork" as a way to end debate, rather than as a last resort after debate has died.

It is exactly like those who shout "If you don't like this law, LEAVE the country".

They are so allergic to opposing views and any discussion, they use "go fork" as a way to dismiss the peons.

I for one, was not aware that several of the developers had very low tolerance for different opinions, a very defensive reaction to any critical view and a childish need to make everyone else bend to their decisions. I was expecting a higher level of maturity, but I have been shocked to find a schoolyard atmosphere. The worst part is they portray themselves simultaneously as heroes of bitcoin and victims of terrible oppression by anyone who disagrees. It's quite pathetic really.

Now of course, I think on the topic of press representation at least, the debate is very much over. They will not tolerate any process that has the possibility of an outcome they don't agree with.

Now it is indeed time to fork the press center. I'm starting with the organizational structure and the source of authority - the community of bitcoin users. Users are the source of authority as bitcoin becomes mainstream. Not 3-4 coders of one of the implementation."
if you want to read the whole thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=181168.0
Pages: « 1 ... 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 [714] 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 ... 937 »
  Print  

Jump to: