Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:24:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 [720] 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 ... 937 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees  (Read 703566 times)
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1075

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:42:48 PM

Segwit is not just a malleability fix it also allows for further optimization through signature aggregation etc via a soft fork

Signature aggregation saves quite a bit if space and allows for many more transactions to be included in a block therefore further optimizing the available space and keeping node running costs and system resources down

I rest my case you could not give 1 valid reason I asked about segwit and you go off on some bullshit rant about LN

LN is not setwit LN is a payment network and segwit is a transaction malleability fix nothing more.

It moves the signature data to a different part of the block out of the transaction area that's all it does nothing more

Thankyou for confirming you know nothing

wtf do you smoke m8? seriously...are you ok?
You cant seem to make your mind up can you...

yesterday it was nothing more, today its not just...whats it going to be tomorrow lol
its over m8

SEGWIT IS SHIT.....oh and turn it sideways and stick it straight up your candy ass  Tongue Kiss

Thankyou for confirming you know nothing  about the rock  Cheesy  Shocked

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tekmobile

Activity: 392
Merit: 154

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 05:18:49 PM

Segwit is not just a malleability fix it also allows for further optimization through signature aggregation etc via a soft fork

Signature aggregation saves quite a bit if space and allows for many more transactions to be included in a block therefore further optimizing the available space and keeping node running costs and system resources down

I rest my case you could not give 1 valid reason I asked about segwit and you go off on some bullshit rant about LN

LN is not setwit LN is a payment network and segwit is a transaction malleability fix nothing more.

It moves the signature data to a different part of the block out of the transaction area that's all it does nothing more

Thankyou for confirming you know nothing

wtf do you smoke m8? seriously...are you ok?
You cant seem to make your mind up can you...

yesterday it was nothing more, today its not just...whats it going to be tomorrow lol
its over m8

SEGWIT IS SHIT.....oh and turn it sideways and stick it straight up your candy ass  Tongue Kiss

Thankyou for confirming you know nothing  about the rock  Cheesy  Shocked

Segwit is just a malleability fix BUT it allows for further features in the future to be soft forked due to the signature being moved

Signature aggregation etc is not dependant on segwit it just allows it to be done without a hard fork
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:26:08 PM

No more segshit talk please...
back on topic...
BCH PLS  Cool

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 06:27:52 PM

@Tek , quit being an idiot , you've lost , no one care about your s-word bullshit.

This coin supporters does not use it and does not care for it.

Go find a forum, where someone cares about the crap you are putting out.

This forum ain't it.  You are like a bad house guest that has to be throw out for overstaying your welcome.  Tongue

BCH is supposed to be about free speech

You go on about the likes of r/Bitcoin for deleting any posts that are not related and yet you come here trying to censor anyone that discusses something that you don't like or believe in

Everyone is able to decide for themselves and new users should know what's going on so they can do their own research.

Maybe if BCH had something worthwhile to talk about then people could talk about that too

jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 06:35:02 PM

You go on about the likes of r/Bitcoin for deleting any posts that are not related and yet you come here trying to censor anyone that discusses something that you don't like or believe in

There is a difference between banning users and simply pointing out the unwelcome aspect of said user's posts.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 06:37:12 PM

There is a difference between banning users and simply pointing out the unwelcome aspect of said user's posts.

English, bitch.

I can guarantee if you had the power to ban me you would have and I could probably guarantee you have tried to report me hoping I get banned
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 06:39:39 PM

English, bitch.

I can guarantee if you had the power to ban me you would have and I could probably guarantee you have tried to report me hoping I get banned

You can guarantee? No, you cannot.

I may have reported one or more of your posts that had nothing to do with Bitcoin Cash. Again, there is a difference between banning users, and pointing out the unwelcome aspect of said user's posts.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 06:41:08 PM

English, bitch.

I may have reported one or more of your posts that had nothing to do with Bitcoin Cash. Again, there is a difference between banning users, and pointing out the unwelcome aspect of said user's posts.

And how did that work out for you ?
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:35:20 PM

English, bitch.

And how did that work out for you ?

How did what work out for me?

tekmobile

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 09:22:29 AM

In News Actually Relevant to this Bitcoin Cash topic.

https://themerkle.com/bitcoin-cash-becomes-the-new-shirt-sponsor-of-ayr-united-fc/

Ayr United FC will promote Bitcoin Cash as its official shirt sponsor.
More specifically, the team’s kits will feature a “Bitcoin BCH” logo, which will be visible starting next season.
The new kits will be unveiled this week, and fans of the club can begin pre-ordering them accordingly.

Considering that Ayr United plays in the Ladbrokes League 1, and has its matches broadcast on BT Sport and Sky Sports,
a lot of people will be introduced to Bitcoin Cash in the future.

Paid by Calvin Ayre same group same scammers

Let everyone know when something happens that Calvin Arye, Roger Ver or Craig Wright didn't have to pay to happen

hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 01:34:31 PM

Wow - thats nice

https://twitter.com/BTCNewsUpdates/status/984773210779672576

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 09:01:26 PM

https://bitco.in/forum/threads/gold-collapsing-bitcoin-up.16/page-1172#post-62232

nChain informed BU -- after I tweeted about CSW's errors with respect to 0-conf security -- that they would be winding down their funding of the Gigablock Testnet over the next three months. Shortly after I tweeted proof of Craig Wright's plagiarism, nChain informed us that they would be terminating the Gigablock agreement effective immediately. BU agreed to the termination and forgave the small (~$10k) balance owed to BU by nChain. In total, nChain contributed $37,666.78 in cryptocurrency to the Gigablock Testnet. They made no in-kind contributions (engineering, technical writing, code review, or otherwise).

That they terminated the agreement did not come as a surprise. Since the agreement began last summer, each tweet, reddit comment, or forum post I made that pointed out an error in CSW's work, or critiqued him in some other way, was met with a response in private from nChain. By this winter they had made it explicitly clear that I was not to question CSW's ideas, point out errors in his work, or publicly critique him in any way, or they would pull the funding for the Gigablock project.

I had definitely been warned.

I promised myself to remain silent on CSW until after Satoshi's Vision Tokyo, so as not to put the success of the conference at risk. I starting calling Wright out shortly afterwards.

It is due to my actions that nChain terminated the Gigablock project.

I apologize to all those at BU who are dissappointed by this news or with me. But I hope you can see things from my perspective: being unable to speak your mind and being forbidden from pointing out blatant fraud in the ecosystem because it puts your project's funding at risk is a terrible feeling.

Incidentally, since the CSW fraud scandal has blown up in recent weeks, other members of the BCH community have reached out to me in private to express their disillusionment with CSW. A very serious problem however is that nChain is funding many of the projects these people are working on. The people working on them are conflicted like I was: do they speak their minds? Or do they bite their tongue, look the other way, and keep working on what they believe will help grow BCH. It's a difficult decision to make.

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 02:18:28 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2018, 02:41:20 AM by Mrpumperitis

You know what.... my personal opinion on csw claiming to be satoshi....

These are the words from craig a few year back.....

‘I believed that I could do this. I believed that I could put the years of anonymity and hiding behind me. ‘But, as the events of this week unfolded and I prepared to publish the proof of access to the earliest keys, I broke. I do not have the courage. I cannot. ‘When the rumours began, my qualifications and character were attacked. When those allegations were proven false, new allegations have already begun.
 I know now that I am not strong enough for this. ‘I know that this weakness will cause great damage to those that have supported me, and particularly to Jon Matonis (founding director of The Bitcoin Foundation) and Gavin Andresen (software developer who played a key role in building software which powers Bitcoin) I can only hope that their honour and credibility is not irreparably tainted by my actions. ‘They were not deceived, but I know that the world will never believe that now.
I can only say I’m sorry. And goodbye.’

ok fair enough comment if it is to be believed....but since that comment it has not been good bye...
it has been the opposite, its more craig than we have ever saw before 2016...again nothing wrong..we are all sharing info and learning together and he is a clever guy.

but if craig wants to be satoshi and wants patents on everything he claims to invent...
then please for the sake of all...prove to us all that you are satoshi, if not,then stop claiming to be satoshi and just be craig.

craig saying BCH is real bitcoin, is not much stronger than any of us saying the same thing.
If satoshi today said, BCH is the real bitcoin, think of the impact that would have on BCH.

Smiley

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 05:55:30 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2018, 09:01:37 AM by mprep

Everyone  get in to crypto ASAP,
BUY BUY BUY

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/13/world/middleeast/trump-strikes-syria-attack.html

The US, Britain and France on Friday night launched missile strikes on Syrian targets aimed at degrading the Assad regime's chemical weapons capabilities, but stopped short of attacking Russian or Iranian targets in order to avoid escalating hostilities.

The three western allies had marshalled their righteous power against barbarism and brutality, US president Donald Trump said in a national television address. The move follows the poison gas attack in Syria that killed at least 60 civilians on April 7.

Trump should not have done this.

please watch and share.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvveAGviJqo

Not Alex Jones fan, but kudos to Alex

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOkpECipSaY

He calling it spot on, disgusted by Trumps actions and he aint holding back.
Thank you Alex.

bitcoinPsycho
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 2066

$120000 in 2024 Confirmed

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 09:27:44 AM

Not Alex Jones fan, but kudos to Alex

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOkpECipSaY

He calling it spot on, disgusted by Trumps actions and he aint holding back.
Thank you Alex.
alex jones is the man

$100,000 BTC in one hour
GröBkAz

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:24:00 AM

Bitcoincash having the lowest volume on binance usdt pairs, there is no sign of improvement
BtcMan2009

Activity: 1022
Merit: 340

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:41:04 AM

Possible small retrace...friday 13th... Shocked

nothing to worry about.  Smiley
What does the date could not prevent even against the background of the common market. Yesterday was a very nice exponential growth. Which probably says a lot. Overall pleased today to see such a healthy market.
egorinvest

Activity: 259
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:42:50 AM
Merited by mindrust (1)

When I'm asked about BitcoinCash, I always answer the same thing:it's an empty token without technology. I sold it at the peak at a good price and did not return to it again. Yes, it was pamped several times. But remember, when the pump has already started, never go into a coin.Having shown greed, you can lose more.

lsd400

Activity: 189
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 12:42:28 PM

https://twitter.com/BTCNewsUpdates/status/984270024968998912
Long time Bitcoin Core advocate "Cobra" confirms:

▪️Lightning is a threat to BTC's value
▪️Lightning is better used with other coins
0 use case left, no more reason to hold or buy BTCs. 📉🔥

Cobra-Bitcoin
A lot of people miss that. From the Bitcoin maximalist point of view, LN is actually a bit of a threat to Bitcoin's value long term. Rather than exclusively being a scaling solution for Bitcoin, it's actually a scaling solution for any coin with a malleability fix.

When stores start shifting from accepting BTC payments to LN, any altcoin with a malleability fix gains new adoption as a result. So why use Bitcoin in the first place if you can just use some shitcoin, open a channel into Lightning (at much cheaper cost), and spend at any LN-accepting merchant?

Bitcoin maximalism fits better with on-chain scaling philosophy in some ways in that respect, or scaling through sidechains.

So, if you want to use ln, you can with other coins , no need to hold og btc...tek thoughts?

also did you see ln in action? ooooooo  Shocked Cheesy
https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/8bmyp6/roger_gets_a_demo_of_lightning_network/

You posted that earlier and yes I saw

That vid of Roger and LN that's using eclair it's one of the early betas and has some issues I'm well aware of those I've had many failures with eclair that is not a issue with LN though just buggy early beta software that will be fixed

I've never had such issues with LND you just need to use the command line

Eclair also has other issues it currently cannot receive LN payments either only make them and does not advertise itself to the network or route payments for others

LND is the most reliable client so far yes there is still a lot of work to do

Bitcoin is the currency like USD
The block chain is where you store your money like your bank account
LN is a payment network like visa or MasterCard etc

When you go to shops etc you don't go and make a bank transfer to pay for something you use a payment processor and can only spend money that is on your bank account (your channel balance)

Just another paypal ver. 2 but 1) now you can lose your funds 2) have to be online 24/7 3) and have tech skills to setup a ln wallet. People would run away from it.
gosselinbelli

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 04:09:00 PM

Can not wait until this project reaches a huge capitalization, otherwise you’ll be late, you’ve to invest now Shocked
Pages: « 1 ... 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 [720] 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 ... 937 »
  Print  

Jump to: