Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:07:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 [724] 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 ... 937 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees  (Read 703561 times)
tekmobile

Activity: 392
Merit: 154

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 12:39:17 AM

Bitcoin cash has been rumoured to have viruses in its wallet

Of course, this being a decentralized, permissionless system, there is no 'the' Bitcoin Cash wallet. Which specific Bitcoin Cash wallet is _rumored_ to have viruses?

the wallet is centralized Under government control.

Evidence? Any?

The bcash coins are completely under the control of roger ver

Evidence? Any?

he wishes to destroy Bitcoin with the tactics of manipulating the users..

Seems awfully unlikely to me. Any evidence?

beware roger ver controls over 50% of bcash coins

So of course, you have a listing of his wallet addresses so you can back up your claim. Hint: here is where you back up your claim by providing a list of Roger Ver's BCH addresses demonstrating ownership of over 50% Bitcoin Cash. Right?

will be interesting to see if this troll can have any comment that includes some proof.  I will not hold any breath waiting though..

As a non believer in BCH this may come as a surprise  to you but most of these claims so seem to be false

1. Yes there will be some wallet somewhere that does contain viruses but the dominant full node is virus free
2. The wallet is not under government control but the heart of BCH is under control of the one's financing it
3. I wouldn't say the coins are completely under the control of ver, nChain (Wright), coingeek (Ayre), and bitmain (Wu) control a huge share too
4. All BCH holders wish to destroy bitcoin as they see BCh as being bitcoin
5. As stated earlier I doubt ver controls 50% of coins maybe 10-20% along with his buddies but I would guess between Ver, Wright, Ayre, Wu combined that they could quite easily control at least 50% of all circulating coins

So you already admit to 1, 3, and 5 being unsupported by evidence.
For number 2 - no evidence supplied. Put up or shut up.
4: False. While I view BCH as The One True Bitcoin, I would not want to see it destroyed. Further, it would be detrimental to my finances for even BTC to be destroyed. From public statements, he (Roger Ver) also holds a lot of BTC. Accordingly, him seeking to destroy Bitcoin would be irrational - whether BCH or BTC.

Hey tek: did you just miss this post?:

Finally. We get to something concrete and debatable. Thanks.

Yes they are proposals nothing more I'm not saying that any will be adopted just that their is a chance

Exactly. Three people met and discussed what -- if anything -- to do about malleability. The outcome: nothing at this time. Slight preference for MalFix, but no consensus.

True, one of the participants was the individual who currently leads the market-leading client implementation. Was he the holdout? Who knows? Doesn't matter.

But you fail to support your claim that MalFix would result in Bitcoin Cash abandoning Bitcoin's tried and true security model. Again, put up or shut up. You may just be parroting my observation that The SegWit Omnibus Changeset has caused Bitcoin Segwit to abandon Bitcoin's tried and true security model. But you seem to fundamentally misunderstand Bitcoin. For it is not the separation of sig from tx within The SegWit Omnibus Changeset that has abandoned Bitcoin's security model. Rather, it is the misguided abortional crude hack of pretending that an anyonecanspend tx is anything other than exactly that, which has opened post- SegWit Omnibus Changeset Bitcoin Segwit to a myriad of new attack vectors.

Go sharpen your pencil and get back to us.

Again, until you provide some evidence, all can safely consider this claim debunked, dispatched, and discredited.

As for Bitcoin Cash users won't accept being forced into a new system the whole premise of Bitcoin cash is users nodes don't matter only mining nodes matter

Again, you fundamentally misunderstand Bitcoin. Non-mining, fully-validating clients (often misrepresented as 'full nodes') have no power to effect the network itself. This is true whether discussing Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin Segwit, or any other PoW satoshi-pattern cryptocurrency. Miners have the power to enact any change they want to - or the majority thereof does. This power is counterbalanced only by the power of users and holders to abandon any chain that does not implement the characteristics they desire. In contrast, the only power non-mining, fully-validating clients possess is to divorce themselves from the network. Period. Other than suiciding themselves, they do not affect they network in any way.

The above is true regardless of Bitcoin Cash or Bitcoin Segwit. For better or for worse, this is the system satoshi bequeathed us. True, miners are likely to use such chain abandonment as a signal of user/hodler displeasure. However, they are fully aware that such non-mining, fully-validating clients are subject to Sybil attacks. The only non-Sybillable resources are mining power and Bitcoin ownership, which is what makes the system work to begin with.

so you will get forced if the exchanges upgrade and the miners upgrade the users are forced to either upgrade or sell taking huge losses

Exactly - and exactly identical for Bitcoin SegWit as for Bitcoin Cash.

The only reason BTC users can have a say is the users run the majority of the nodes therefore the miners etc won't switch as it's not in their interest to mine something the vast majority of users define worthless

No. Non-mining, fully-validating clients are the only entities in the system subject to Sybil attack. While they bring benefits to their owners, they do nothing for the network itself. They are merely a Sybiled proxy for economic power. Again, this is exactly identical for Bitcoin SegWit as for Bitcoin Cash.

Still waiting on your rebuttal. Since days.

There was nothing more to say regarding the above I said my opinion

As for point 4 you may not want to see BTC Bitcoin destroyed but most of the diehard BCHers would like nothing more including ver yes he still owns some as collateral in case BCH dies but he would rather see Bitcoin go down and BCH take it's place and of he was so confident that BCH would topple Bitcoin he would sell it all.
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:48:18 AM

So you concede the points. All can safely consider your claim debunked, dispatched, and discredited. Duly noted.

(i)f he was so confident that BCH would topple Bitcoin he would sell it all.

If anyone was confident that BCH would topple BTC, it would be irrational not to convert all their BTC into BCH. Right?

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 04:02:30 AM

So you concede the points. All can safely consider your claim debunked, dispatched, and discredited. Duly noted.

(i)f he was so confident that BCH would topple Bitcoin he would sell it all.

If anyone was confident that BCH would topple BTC, it would be irrational not to convert all their BTC into BCH. Right?

No my point was a malfix would change the security model of BCH for everyone which it would

Transaction malleability is caused by the signature in the transaction area so any modifications to the signature data automatically changes the security model since the signature is the security

jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 04:18:28 AM

any modifications to the signature data automatically changes the security model

So you are conceding that segwit has irrevocably changed the security model of BTC. Got it.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 04:50:39 AM

any modifications to the signature data automatically changes the security model

So you are conceding that segwit has irrevocably changed the security model of BTC. Got it.

It depends on what type of address you use on BTC segwit was a soft fork and legacy addresses are backwards compatible so of use still use a 1xxx address then no it does not only if you use a segwit address

BCH upgrades are hard forked for everyone so you won't get the choice to keep using the old legacy address

szafa

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 04:59:42 AM

Bitmatket24.pl moved to somwhere due to government in Poland.
MoneyJ

Activity: 1022
Merit: 504

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 05:21:48 AM

Read about Bitcoin cash employing smart contracts.  I wonder what scripting/programming language it will be used to propel the said feature. Rootstock is doing the same thing with bitcoin.

█████████████████████████████
████▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀████▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███▀ ███████▄ ██ ▄██████▄ ███
███ ████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████████████
███▄ ███████▀ █▄ ▀██████▀▀███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄████
.GoMeat.  300+ STORES ALREADY ONBOARD
 THE FIRST PROJECT OF ITS KIND

ONLY 160K TOKENS REMAINING
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 05:44:52 AM

BCH upgrades are hard forked for everyone

Which is of course what enables BCH to avoid the big giant gaping security hole that The SegWit Omnibus Changeset dug for itself.

tekmobile

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 05:49:55 AM

Which is of course what enables BCH to avoid the big giant gaping security hole that The SegWit Omnibus Changeset dug for itself.

Incorrect Bitcoin is just as secure as ever you just have a choice you are not force fed whatever the devs come up with if you like if fine upgrade if you don't then fine don't upgrade you won't be penalized and kicked off the chain
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1075

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 06:12:59 AM

Incorrect Bitcoin is just as secure as ever you just have a choice you are not force fed whatever the devs come up with if you like if fine upgrade if you don't then fine don't upgrade you won't be penalized and kicked off the chain
ffs not this shit again tek.
You cant stay on the old version forever, ffs its code, it updates...
Everything upgrades.

who use the old iphone software from 10years ago?
who still goes out and buys a playstation 1?
Hardly anyone, they all upgrade to the lastest, fastest and better versions....
but your precious blockstreamcore have hijacked all routes fro og btc to upgrade....FORCING users to use the old version forever or upgrade to THEIR version if they want to experince a better version...and to make it worse the upgrade blockcore are offering doesnt even work and may never fully work as they claim.

You are being  penalized because you are forced to use a slow, old shit version vs a new non working version.
You should educate and be honest and tell people they have another choice , BCH, the true way to upgrade og btc..

tek....seriously, maybe you forget what you type after 24hours, but others dont.
Stop talking shit...please.

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 06:15:40 AM

Everything upgrades.

but your precious blockstreamcore have hijacked all routes fro og btc to upgrade....FORCING users to use the old version forever or upgrade to THEIR version if they want to experince a better version...and to make it worse the upgrade blockcore are offering doesnt even work and may never fully work as they claim.

tek....seriously, maybe you forget what you type after 24hours, but others dont.

Read back I didn't bring it up I said my bit and that was the end just jb brought it back again
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 06:24:56 AM

Everything upgrades.

Read back I didn't bring it up I said my bit and that was the end just jb brought it back again
ok  Smiley

As for your bit about upgrade yes people upgrade and using your analogy how many people upgrade on day 1 their are still many many people that use older versions of windows and macOS there are still people that use older versions of Linux why ? Because they prefer them

How would you feel if every new os revision used the same approach

Microsoft is upgrading to windows 11 from the 15th of May if you don't upgrade all your programs will stop working upgrade now without delay !!!

Backwards compatible allows everyone time to upgrade in there own time

hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 06:32:17 AM

No - pls stop trolling over. ^

You must get paid for your FUD - I hope for u.

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 06:34:53 AM

I didn't bring it up you lot did if you don't want to talk about it DON'T BRING IT UP  Roll Eyes
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 06:42:38 AM

Everything upgrades.

ok  Smiley

As for your bit about upgrade yes people upgrade and using your analogy how many people upgrade on day 1 their are still many many people that use older versions of windows and macOS there are still people that use older versions of Linux why ? Because they prefer them

Microsoft is upgrading to windows 11 from the 15th of May if you don't upgrade all your programs will stop working upgrade now without delay !!!

yea ok, in percent terms how many use xp vs windows 7 or above? (hardly any , imo less than 5% of all overall users today)
how many modern day features that we all use  dont work in xp because of the limits from the day it was created ( alot )
when it comes to tech tek,lol you should wake up and see the speed the world is moving forwards...not backwards,
and forcing/ holding back is what blockcore have done.

Like i said before you are fighting a battle that you will lose, because you are wrong.

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
Bitbobb

Activity: 1134
Merit: 525

Less hops. More wins.

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 06:57:11 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2018, 07:14:00 AM by Bitbobb

I didn't bring it up you lot did if you don't want to talk about it DON'T BRING IT UP  Roll Eyes

Ah the Abe Lincoln quote.  I was worried we lost you..  Welcome back tek!   Welcome to bitcoin real thread!!

tekmobile

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 07:08:51 AM

Everything upgrades.

ok  Smiley

yea ok, in percent terms how many use xp vs windows 7 or above? (hardly any , imo less than 5% of all overall users today)
how many modern day features that we all use  dont work in xp because of the limits from the day it was created ( alot )
when it comes to tech tek,lol you should wake up and see the speed the world is moving forwards...not backwards,

Like i said before you are fighting a battle that you will lose, because you are wrong.

According to recent reports windows 7 still accounts for over a 40% share of windows based operating systems and when you consider that windows 10 was a free upgrade then yes I stand by not everyone upgrades software some people like to stay with older versions ones that are tried and tested

Businesses especially like not upgrading most ATM machines in the world still run on windows xp something I have never understood windows is one of the least secure operating systems for this purpose

On my servers I run Ubuntu LTS releases these do not include the lastest cutting edge features but older versions of software that are proved to be stable and secure with long term support because I don't want to have to upgrade my servers every 6 months and risk a software update breaking something this something that happens a lot
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 07:13:35 AM

bro im not debating this.
I have been upgrading since the c64 lol

Bitbobb

Less hops. More wins.

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 07:16:20 AM

According to recent reports windows 7 still accounts for over a 40% share of windows based operating systems and when you consider that windows 10 was a free upgrade...

So do you care to explain why windows 10 needed to automatically upgrade people when they did not even wish to?  They must have had a really good product to need to force the upgrade on people huh?

Bitbobb

Less hops. More wins.

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 07:26:27 AM

Everything upgrades.

ok  Smiley

According to recent reports windows 7 still accounts for over a 40% share of windows based operating systems and when you consider that windows 10 was a free upgrade then yes I stand by not everyone upgrades software some people like to stay with older versions ones that are tried and tested

Businesses especially like not upgrading most ATM machines in the world still run on windows xp something I have never understood windows is one of the least secure operating systems for this purpose

On my servers I run Ubuntu LTS releases these do not include the lastest cutting edge features but older versions of software that are proved to be stable and secure with long term support because I don't want to have to upgrade my servers every 6 months and risk a software update breaking something this something that happens a lot

Aaannd the reason facility managers decide to keep equipment running on xp is because the other OS are garbage.  the use a dynamic port/ driver manager which is easy to bypass if you know certain things.  And business needs their equipment working

Pages: « 1 ... 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 [724] 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 ... 937 »
  Print  

Jump to: