Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:18:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 [746] 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 ... 937 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees  (Read 703566 times)
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 05:20:03 PM

Nakamoto Satoshi ... has long since cashed out all of his pre-mine into the fiat currency that his coin was about challenging in the 1st place.

Wrong on two counts. First, it was not a pre-mine, under the universally recognized definition of that term. More importantly, however, we know of 980,000 BTC that satoshi mined, and these can be seen still sitting unspent in the original addresses to which they were mined.

BCH is as close to the original idea of Bitcoin as was originally intended and BTC has become something different entirely.
Anyway you slice it, BCH has altruistic intentions.

I can heartily agree with you there.

BTC is also a viable currency, since it was the 1st

Yes, but BCH was also the 1st. BTC and BCH are both forks of the satoshi genesis chain.

and branded the best, but I believe that if they don't change, they will be surpassed by other so called "altcoins"

Agreed. I believe BTC is currently on a path to eventual irrelevance. It has a huge head start in the marketplace. But those that refuse to see the loss of market dominance -- exactly coincident with the scalepocalypse of several months back -- are wallowing in denial.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 05:21:21 PM

Bitcoin is Cash
BCH Winning.
Trolls getting desperate, but are helping a lot by signaling the pace.
Posting that will only help BCH since fees for BTC dont help
I have a genuine doubt, why are the two teams battling out like a code war, both teams are trolling very well Grin , rather than taking this as a battle why don't they unite and take both their respective developments to new levels rather than trolling each other, if their is an opinion, you must hear their pitch before trolling the shit out, both developments are going in different directions and so why not both compete each other and the end user gets the best product. Wink
The reason i came here is that, i downloaded the electron cash portable wallet, but the antivirus software blocks that and says it contains virus, has anybody has this problem or is it a false positive.
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 05:23:14 PM

I went on tinkering with other things in the cryptocurrency world. In November I bought a new desktop with a Nvidia 1070 GPU to mine some shitcoins. Unfortunately, Bitmain and other companies have been pumping out ASICS left and right. So, I suspect my little hobby mining project will be coming to an end shortly. However, I keep an eye out on what Craig Wright has been tweeting. I must admit, it seems that BCH may actually have some good developments coming on down the pipe.

Welcome.

While CSW is one of the more public figures in the Bitcoin Cash world, there are many other important doers in the space. Amaury, Andrew Stone, Peter Rizun...

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 05:29:45 PM
Last edit: May 06, 2018, 07:01:34 PM by jbreher

Bcash has no intrinsc value or purpose whatsoever.

You know what's funny about your declaration? If you accept that Bitcoin Cash has no intrinsc [sic] value or purpose whatsoever, you need to also accept that Bitcoin Segwit has no intrinsic value or purpose whatsoever.

And we all know how ludicrous that assertion is.

jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 06:57:33 PM

Makes a compelling case. Good to see all those points on a single sheet.

But what's with the trademarking of 'off-chain' and 'Second-layer'?

Oh, hell with it - they've inspired me to claim my own (unregistered) trademark - 'Flippening before halvening[tm]' by jbreher / CC BY

DonQuijote
Legendary

Activity: 1551
Merit: 1002

♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚&#

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 07:02:01 PM

Where can i found info about "Hard Fork 15 May 2018"??

THE INGENIOUS GENTLEMAN DON QUIXOTE OF LA MANCHA
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚♝♞♜ BTC tip: 39gUUFdJBdKWXnLoh3PMNX9eUz3DwakBKq
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 07:03:34 PM

Where can i found info about "Hard Fork 15 May 2018"??
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=bitcoin+cash+hard+fork+may+15

jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 07:10:29 PM

Haha. I finally watched this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=zSbPz4g9rZQ

Think what you will about Roger Ver. But he objectively wipes the floor with Blockstream 'Chief Strategery Officer' Samson Mow in this moderated one-on-one debate on Bitcoin scaling.

Yes, this debate is the source of the widely derided 'babies are dying' quote. Which is indeed kind of cringey. But he's been consistent for nearly a decade in getting publicly weepy-emotional over the pain that bad fiscal governance causes the most vulnerable. Can't fault him for that passion. What's more: objectively, it is an arguable point.

But that aside, it is quite breathtaking how one-sided this debate was. Either Mow is a mere empty suit, or BCH is clearly superior in its scaling approach by every measure. Likely both.

cool4y

Activity: 494
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 07:38:12 PM

Roger Ver has always be a Bitcoin billionaire. People need to get over their jealousy. He bought thousands of BTC when they were pennies on the dollar. You know who else did that?  The Rothchilds. They bought the entire economy of the British Empire for pennies on the dollar after spreading rumors that the Napoleonic invasion had succeeded. As a result of the Rothchild takeover, everything you see and hear comes from a cabal that controls the media and politics in every country to this day. They are trillionaires. There is also no doubt that the spikes in crypto currency are a result of that same cabal, putting their investment into electronic money. Roger Ver is a small fish, but he is speaking truth to power. We can change the balance of power through crypto if we choose.

Roger Ver is fraud and greedy liar trying to steal the bitcoin brand in order to promote his shitcoin. His ultimate goal is to acquire more influence, power and money. Bcash has no intrinsc value or purpose whatsoever.
So I should ignore what the market is presently telling me? The market will decide, not some douchebag with Bitcoin core shoved so far up his ass that he thinks vinegar is the normal taste in his mouth.

So you prefer to ignore the facts and look at what the "market" has to say? FYI there are many tokens with huge market caps that have no working product. For example TRON, EOS. Market capitalization does not mean much in crypto, if you are not aware of this, you are clearly a noob. Your argument is very weak. Roger Ver is disgrace to crypto space, he has no morals, ethics and dignity. He's just a clown that will do anything for money.
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 08:46:43 PM

So you prefer to ignore the facts and look at what the "market" has to say? FYI there are many tokens with huge market caps that have no working product. For example TRON, EOS.

True. OTOH, Bitcoin Cash is working spectacularly. So this point in your rebuttal is irrelevant.

Market capitalization does not mean much in crypto, if you are not aware of this, you are clearly a noob.

ConfusedNickYoung.png Market cap is yuuuge in crypto. For you to make such a claim is quite simply astonishing.

Sure, some tokens game the market cap figures by only making a mere fraction of the total units available on the marketplace (I'm looking at you, Ripple). But many (i.e., most significant) coins can be meaningfully evaluated by market cap.

Are you trying to tell me that if BTCs market cap was $163 Million instead of $163 Billion, that would be substantially the same situation?

Or perhaps you think some shady and nefarious entity holds another 84M BCH, just awaiting the perfect chance to release them onto the marketplace?

Or that the vast majority of BCH was not awarded 1:1 to holders of BTC?

The second point in your rebuttal is irrelevant.

Your argument is very weak. Roger Ver is disgrace to crypto space, he has no morals, ethics and dignity. He's just a clown that will do anything for money.

Argumentum ad hominum. Besides, see the preceding post.

Whatsit's argument is very weak!? Yours is comatose.

Bitbobb

Activity: 1134
Merit: 525

Less hops. More wins.

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 09:29:04 PM

Bcash has no intrinsc value or purpose whatsoever.

You know what's funny about your declaration? If you accept that Bitcoin Cash has no intrinsc [sic] value or purpose whatsoever, you need to also accept that Bitcoin Segwit has no intrinsic value or purpose whatsoever.

And we all know how ludicrous that assertion is.

Also worth mention is that the federal reserve note (which is 99% of the circulating units commonly called "usd") have zero intrinsic value.  This quote comes from the federal reserve itself BTW. 

So at the end of the day, the end users are the ones who value one thing over another. 

Bitbobb

Less hops. More wins.

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 09:35:27 PM

Think what you will about Roger Ver. But he objectively wipes the floor with Blockstream 'Chief Strategery Officer' Samson Mow in this moderated one-on-one debate on Bitcoin scaling.

Yes, this debate is the source of the widely derided 'babies are dying' quote. Which is indeed kind of cringey. But he's been consistent for nearly a decade in getting publicly weepy-emotional over the pain that bad fiscal governance causes the most vulnerable. Can't fault him for that passion. What's more: objectively, it is an arguable point.

But that aside, it is quite breathtaking how one-sided this debate was. Either Mow is a mere empty suit, or BCH is clearly superior in its scaling approach by every measure. Likely both.

Well he makes a solid point but I think the problem is that many are not aware of the actual data.  The simple fact is that for a private credit to expand and contract there must always be a winner and looser somewhere else.  This has caused about 20% of the population on earth to be in a slow death at all times.  This would not be happening if we had a sound monetary system not based on theft and slight of hand.

Bitbobb

Less hops. More wins.

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 09:44:24 PM

Well he makes a solid point but I think the problem is that many are not aware of the actual data.  The simple fact is that for a private credit to expand and contract there must always be a winner and looser somewhere else.  This has caused about 20% of the population on earth to be in a slow death at all times.  This would not be happening if we had a sound monetary system not based on theft and slight of hand.

even the usa people who could stop this offensive systems are barely able to keep ahead of auto repairs, etc.  Our own gov slams us with nano infections forcing ill health on the free people to game us into the grave so that the "dream" can be resold to the next immigrant/ victim.  It is a patently sick system once you see the incentive soft money provides.

FDR (the american president) publicly asked the people to deposit their money in exchange for unredeemed private credit for national progress.  He was giving us a bad deal.  unironically he named it the new deal.  basically it causes endorsements to be a "request" for private credit.  so thanks to lack of full disclosure (fraud) we are agreeing each week to not redeem our private credit for money and we do not even know we requested it.  This cycle of debt backed credit then allows more of the credit to be pumped into the economy using the fractional reserve lending ratios.  

the good news is there is a very simple way to stop this trend with your very next paycheck.  details coming soon.

European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:16:41 PM
Merited by bones261 (1)

Either Mow is a mere empty suit, or BCH is clearly superior in its scaling approach by every measure. Likely both.

samson mow has always been a troll and a lightweight. i don't really know how he wound up being listened to by anyone.

i'm still waiting to be convinced by lightning networks. the more details come out, the more unwieldy and unworldly it looks to me. but then so do giant blocks too.
vsyc

Activity: 1037
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:57:58 PM

Something HUUUUGE is about to start.... Shocked
buy/hodl your BCH
 Cool

SBI VC  Roll Eyes ?

Well done Mr V, happy to see your still following things closely....
you clearly see the same vision as myself and a few others here Kiss Smiley Cool

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=https://moneyforward.com/media/career/58526/&prev=search
Focus on BCH and XRP
It is said that SBI's virtual currency exchanges handle four types, bitcoin, ether, XRP, and bitcoin cash. Especially, we will focus on bitcoin cash and XRP.

Kitao said, "Bitcoins are mined and exhausted and all are not sold as scarce assets.It can not be used for other purposes too much, it is tough as a settlement currency.The price is too high, Cut off the bitcoin and throw it away. Tongue

On the other hand, "Bitcoin cash is practical and it can be used as a settlement currency in particular,  Grin XRP is also effective as a remittance currency, I am trying to focus on trade finance, etc. as there is room to use it." 2 Evaluate one virtual currency. Regarding anonymous currencies, we declared "I will not do anything."

(when SBI VC opens, it will be the worlds #1 volume crypto exchange, it will also include 20 fiat currencies to trade with.)

Also SBI plans to control 30% mining and hopes of proper decentralization across the globe, not like BTC, that is just controlled by chinese miners.
vsyc

Activity: 1037
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:59:38 PM

Either Mow is a mere empty suit, or BCH is clearly superior in its scaling approach by every measure. Likely both.

samson mow has always been a troll and a lightweight. i don't really know how he wound up being listened to by anyone.

i'm still waiting to be convinced by lightning networks. the more details come out, the more unwieldy and unworldly it looks to me. but then so do giant blocks too.

LN has one thing, centralize transactions via the channels hub.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 11:02:54 PM

LN has one thing, centralize transactions via the channels hub.

let's see it up and running with thousands of users before rolling that one out. it could well be true. it could not be the case at all.

more than anything i've come across in crypto before i've no idea how lightning networks are gonna pan out. there are so many variables and so many people working on different angles. it could develop into something amazing or wind up an absolute dead end. for every positive a negative seems to pop up too.
Bitbobb

Less hops. More wins.

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 11:06:45 PM

The supreme court ruled that talking to someone in a confined space for over 15 minutes is enough to influence them in a coercive manner.  This is why scientology lost their tax free status LOL.  In other words people are easy to hack.  Mow probably had big money backers and some slick mind science training is my guess.  

After watching him in that interview with Roger I got the feeling that he has some training at mind sciences and coercion.  In addition to all that even as he failed miserably on the content portion of his answers he tried desperately to preserve a cool calm and collected exterior.  He even signaled the moderator (successfully) at times to move on and cut off Roger.  

Many people raised up in "command economies" wonder why the drive to innovate and produce is lost when production quotas become the only goal.  Similarly in such "command style" economies the main way to reform these 'free thinking types' is to socialize them back into "correct thinking".  I did notice some of that from Mow.  Oh well,  Roger saw it too and ran with it in the interview.  It was a joy to see him realize this in real time and pounce on it!  Thank you for all your hard work and dedication Roger Ver et al.  It is an honor to serve along side you!

nick1492

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 02:31:26 AM

Something HUUUUGE is about to start.... Shocked
buy/hodl your BCH
 Cool

SBI VC  Roll Eyes ?

Well done Mr V, happy to see your still following things closely....
you clearly see the same vision as myself and a few others here Kiss Smiley Cool

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=https://moneyforward.com/media/career/58526/&prev=search
Focus on BCH and XRP
It is said that SBI's virtual currency exchanges handle four types, bitcoin, ether, XRP, and bitcoin cash. Especially, we will focus on bitcoin cash and XRP.

Kitao said, "Bitcoins are mined and exhausted and all are not sold as scarce assets.It can not be used for other purposes too much, it is tough as a settlement currency.The price is too high, Cut off the bitcoin and throw it away. Tongue

On the other hand, "Bitcoin cash is practical and it can be used as a settlement currency in particular,  Grin XRP is also effective as a remittance currency, I am trying to focus on trade finance, etc. as there is room to use it." 2 Evaluate one virtual currency. Regarding anonymous currencies, we declared "I will not do anything."

(when SBI VC opens, it will be the worlds #1 volume crypto exchange, it will also include 20 fiat currencies to trade with.)

Also SBI plans to control 30% mining and hopes of proper decentralization across the globe, not like BTC, that is just controlled by chinese miners.

If the supporters of BCH already layed out the infrastructure, no wonder why BCH is catapulting to the moon right now. It's just a matter of months or weeks, when a huge spike will happen to BCH. More power and hoping that BCH dream of becoming BTC is materialized this year.

xlcus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 03:18:21 AM

What shall I do with my Bitcoin Cash in my Trezor hardware wallet for the coming hard fork on 15th May?
I think the investors give the positive feedback for this fork as the price reflected it.
Pages: « 1 ... 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 [746] 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 ... 937 »
  Print  

Jump to: