Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:37:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is YAC a Bter.com-ready coin?  (Read 1341 times)
donjonson (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 12:38:01 AM

Hey guys just thinking aloud. I know some will shoot me for this and please do Smiley "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." (Voltaire)

Does it have any sense to have a "Human" market right now (Google Docs Exchange) instead of Bter.com? It seems it doesn't. Could this kind of human-spreadsheet market have any place just as Bter.com has? It doesn't seem so.

I happened to manage the "Docs' YAC Exchange" and just asked this to myself because it didn't make sense to me to continue those efforts with a much faster and efficient automatica exchange like Bter's. So before I killed just wanted to give it a second thought: "Human" exchange it's obviously much slower than an automatic one but the negative aspect about it could just turn to be the positive one on a new alt coin. For instance prices were less "hysterical" in our manual exchange and trades could be more conversated and communicated. Even the negative side, the scammers, was being handled more and more with lots of successful trades without any scam report in between.

On the other hand in manual exchanges we could know much better WHO was selling and sometimes know WHY he was selling. Pumps and dumps are just much more difficult to do in a manual exchange  just at the time the new coin is at its weakest point: just after its birth.

It seems to me a better and more "organic" growth the "human exchange" until the coin gets stronger. Even in the human exchange we got to higher prices than in Bter and we just got to 100 successful trades! And some users won't agree the prices we got but the good thing about it is that we could DISCUSS it, know who offered more or less and express our opinions. Now it's just "dark" exchange were you don't know if there are a couple of guys manipulating it with I don't know what purpose.

I'm not saying it should be always like this. I'm just thinking that MAY BE a new coin should grow more organically in a human exchange until it gets strong (steady prices with slow and communicated trades, a lot of technical issues solved like a diversity of pools that works fine and survived to some Ddos attacks, mining clients diversity and bugs solved, etc etc.) Maybe the coin shouldn't "graduate" until it gets to 1,000 or even 10,000 trades in human exchanges.

Just a thought.

Has been a pleasure to serve you guys!

----
YAC Community Service
Liked my service? Please tip to (YAC) YFV4oAwjhjh3ME6jtJeJbFLLpxLSk4LaPA

I'm just a simple guy swimming in a sea of sharks.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
athaswang

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 12:42:44 AM

agree
fenican

Activity: 1393
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 12:47:42 AM

I've moved on to BTER to buy/sell my YAC.  Very good job on the "human exchange" but, yes, unless BTER goes down hard I think it is no longer needed.  Much safer and easier and, importantly, less time consuming to sell/buy on an automated exchange
ymer

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 03:44:11 PM

I'm not saying it should be always like this. I'm just thinking that MAY BE a new coin should grow more organically in a human exchange until it gets strong (steady prices with slow and communicated trades, a lot of technical issues solved like a diversity of pools that works fine and survived to some Ddos attacks, mining clients diversity and bugs solved, etc etc.) Maybe the coin shouldn't "graduate" until it gets to 1,000 or even 10,000 trades in human exchanges.

Nothing good can happen if you prolong adding some coin to exchange because the small group of people that hold coins initially would be holding even more of those same coins.
Given that most miners are not traders, by prolonging the exchange phase you are prolonging any and all self and group illusions about coin worth. It is so much better to have coin
destroyed on the exchange early than have it destroyed on exchange later because much more computer and other resources would be wasted on it in later case

If coin sucks it will be destroyed, if not it will live. It is as simple as that.

I kinda disagree with you on that.

If the coins hit the exchange later in the game, more people would have invested their computer resources in it and resist to sell quick at the massive dump.
athaswang

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 03:59:59 PM

bter.com is a scam, you will finally figure it out~
kooke

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 04:10:43 PM

In a few days you will see someone calling for YACoin holders to boycott bter.com because it's a scam and they are trying to 'drive' the price down Tongue

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: