Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:45:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My wife and I are starting a preserved goods store using bitcoinstore.com  (Read 1337 times)
bitcoinanon (OP)

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

The way of the future...

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 05:32:32 PM

Hey guys my wife and I are starting a bitcoin store selling preserved goods that we ourselves have cooked and pressure canned. The store is in the works but I will post the link in the coming weeks. The cooking blog is colenarymagick.wordpress.com. There are several recipes there with lots more to come. We prefer to eat healthy and we know how difficult that can be these days. We want to help others and share our knowledge and experiences. We love cooking and promoting BTC. Please give us some feedback on how to improve our website and your experience. And maybe offer up some suggestions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
telemeh

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 05:48:01 PM

Congrats on openning a business based on something you believe in! I am curious, when you are saying that it's "using bitcoinstore.com", what does it mean? They look like purely electronics store and I don't exactly see how your line of products fits into that. The reason why I am asking is that my wife has a small business selling hand-made crafts and I am trying to get her to trade in bitcoin. While I can set up a separate web-front that accepts bitcoins, it would be better to be affiliated with a high-visibility established site already.
Bitvik

Activity: 23

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 05:56:03 PM

I love the photos on your site. Are you going to be making/shipping home-made jams also?
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 06:00:33 PM

You could also use Bitmit if you're looking for more options to sell stuff for Bitcoins, there's also stuff like Bitshop if you want to run your own website.
BitshireHashaway

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 06:11:55 PM

Congratulations on opening a store and supporting bitcoins the community appreciates that:)... just remember that if you use any domains make sure to spend the $10/year or whatever and get a custom .com domain, it will greatly increase your business.
yacoin

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:25:22 PM

Not bad I guess.

Just buy a .com domain Smiley
bitcoinanon (OP)

The way of the future...

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:46:31 PM

I love the photos on your site. Are you going to be making/shipping home-made jams also?

Thanks Bitvik . We are going to making/shipping home-made jams. We recently made some pectin-free strawberry jam. You can see photos on the the Colenary Magick FB page here https://www.facebook.com/ColenaryMagick?fref=ts. This will be followed by a post on the original site.
bitcoinanon (OP)

The way of the future...

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:00:34 PM

Congrats on openning a business based on something you believe in! I am curious, when you are saying that it's "using bitcoinstore.com", what does it mean? They look like purely electronics store and I don't exactly see how your line of products fits into that. The reason why I am asking is that my wife has a small business selling hand-made crafts and I am trying to get her to trade in bitcoin. While I can set up a separate web-front that accepts bitcoins, it would be better to be affiliated with a high-visibility established site already.

my apologies we will not be selling on bitcoinstore I posted the wrong website. We received a free domain through a post we found on /r/bitcoin. The first 100 to register an account  with openbtcshop.com were given a free domain or you could sync the website with own you currently own. Our openbtcshop url is http://colenarymagick.openbtcshop.com/. I will look for the post from /r/bitcoin and post it here for you.
yacoin

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:02:00 PM

You should make your own .com domain and buy a server.

The domain costs like 10$ a year and a good dedicated server is about 100$ a month.
Unless you want your business to be some half-ass amateur thing.
bitcoinanon (OP)

The way of the future...

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:19:57 PM

We own colenarymagick.com But it is hosted through hostmonster with another domain. We still need to pay $12 for the domain mapping. What does having a server do? Allow more traffic to your site?
gambit1

Activity: 980
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 10:08:09 PM

I want to set up my online retail business which will sell books. I’ve never done anything like that before so this thread seems a good place to ask for advice. I’m using a site called “webs” to design the site and it seems to work quite well. Do you think I’ll be OK using that or will I need to buy a domain name and server?

Do you think that there would be decent demand if I could sell a broad range of books?

What are the tax issues like when trading with bitcoin. I’m  based in the UK so it might be a little different here but how are you handling tax issues?

Thanks
telemeh

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 10:57:43 PM

my apologies we will not be selling on bitcoinstore I posted the wrong website. We received a free domain through a post we found on /r/bitcoin. The first 100 to register an account  with openbtcshop.com were given a free domain or you could sync the website with own you currently own. Our openbtcshop url is http://colenarymagick.openbtcshop.com/. I will look for the post from /r/bitcoin and post it here for you.

Thanks, appreciate the clarification!
el_Tico

Activity: 88

"Fly you fools"

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 11:00:55 PM

Books may sell well, but it is tough to know unless you launch. It would be nice if there was market data on the bitcoin economy showing where people spend the most bitcoins.

Taxes are tough because some Countries don't recognize bitcoin as a currency. Im not sure if the UK has come out with any statements in regards to virtual currencies. The US has given a brief statement but it doesn't clarify much.
bitcoinanon (OP)

The way of the future...

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 12:16:14 AM

I do not pay taxes because i do not subscribe to Corporate Law. I didn't vote for any of those politicians or any of the tax laws that are in place. I am a freeman and I prefer to live under Common Law. Plus if I am only accepting BTC which doesn't come from the government why should they get anything at all?
Izunna18

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 12:59:07 AM

use bitmit, its best for selling stuff for bitcoins
ik2013

Activity: 110

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 01:26:47 AM

I love strawberry jam, and I love bitcoins! Hope it works out for you Cheesy

Single board ATX power supply interface for Raspberry Pi: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=263567.msg2815917#msg2815917    Like my work? Donations accepted here: 1FXYreNr35PzZVimEQkSzR68EdNutqefYh   I sell on Tindie: https://www.tindie.com/stores/KD8SSF/     Reputation thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=264089.0
hothothot1994

Activity: 36

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 02:47:19 AM

Your blog looks great. I recently added BTC as a payment method on my not sauce website, Have you had any BTC sales yet? I'm curious as to how BTC is working out for you as a fellow merchant?
hothothot1994

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 02:49:18 AM

We may start accepting new products on our site soon. If you want me to add your products to our catalog when you get up and running then send me a PM and we can discuss.
bitcoinanon (OP)

The way of the future...

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 02:56:52 AM

We are also looking for some help with prices. I would like to know what you guys think would be fair for home-made ITAL preserves. Amounts can be in USD or BTC. This is a description of ITAL https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ital.
hothothot1994

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 03:57:01 AM

We are also looking for some help with prices. I would like to know what you guys think would be fair for home-made ITAL preserves. Amounts can be in USD or BTC. This is a description of ITAL https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ital.

If you got to the Marinades, Chutney & Jams section of of my website www.hothothot.com you can compare. Marie Sharp's fruit preserves sell for about $4 for a 20oz jar.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: