Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:51:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: According to you what will be the ripple value in one year ?  (Voting closed: May 23, 2013, 05:48:41 PM)
1$=1xrp cause ripple will be a revolution - 18 (31%)
1$=20-50xrp cause will be strongly rise - 8 (13.8%)
1$=50-100xrp   will stay relatively stable - 7 (12.1%)
1$=1000xrp or more - 11 (19%)
0$ cause ripple is a scam - 14 (24.1%)
Total Voters: 58

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will be the ripple(XRP) value in one year ? GO VOTE NOW !  (Read 7233 times)
mah87 (OP)
Donator

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:58:54 PM

Cause you didn't understand how ripple works.
Since you offered nothing of substance, are you saying OpenCoin is not planning to make their money off the XRP's they plan to keep?

Not in the first steps it would destroy there business, what their gonna do is spread and try to make it grows. Then they may sustain their company grows with a part of the ripple but I'm pretty sure they won't spend the ripple for themself. If the ultimate goal is being rich I don't think they'll do it this way.

I had a feeling you were the one that didn't understand OpenCoin.  The reality is OpenCoin's only way to profit, is off the XRP's they keep and that's totally fine. 50 billion for themselves.  Knowing that truth though, you can't have 49 Billion XRP's still available to giveaway, once out of beta.  They would crush the markets anytime the please by flooding the markets with XRP at will.  It won't work so these giveaways have to be in the system before they open source or there is no trust in the markets.    

I'm going to find the link to the interview with the CEO where he specifically states how they will profit off XRP's. One sec...

It would be true if they would like to set up a scam. But their ambition is more to become a GIGANTIC START UP like google Smiley
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tclo

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 08:04:24 PM

Opencoin best interest is to make ripple successful. Thats the only way they will profits. By flooding/shocking the market they are only losing their profits.

Yes their whole business plan is based on XRP being valuable so they have manipulated it to this point already. I'm not sure how much higher than can get it though because the "market cap" is already about the same as Bitcoin's and Ripple is still in beta.
mah87 (OP)
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 08:09:46 PM

Opencoin best interest is to make ripple successful. Thats the only way they will profits. By flooding/shocking the market they are only losing their profits.

Yes their whole business plan is based on XRP being valuable so they have manipulated it to this point already. I'm not sure how much higher than can get it though because the "market cap" is already about the same as Bitcoin's and Ripple is still in beta.

no! The point is not making XRP valuable! Making XRP valuable is just a way to spread ripple system. The real goal is to make people an companies using ripple system. If you didn't understand that you didn't understand anythign.
Coinseeker

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 08:11:10 PM

I can't find it at the moment but I will.  The only way for OpenCoin to make money is off the XRP value.  Once it's open source, they can't charge fees or anything like that.  Now while it seems illogical for them to want to "Flood the market" there are obvious ways to make money by that sort of manipulation, which even an average trader could recognize.

These current prices are on pure speculation and I applaud those getting 1BTC / 10k XRP.  It's really amusing and the hustle is grand but there's no way these current prices hold.  No way...it's impossible.  49 billion to go.  But thats the risk.  

If your ignore button isn't glowing, you're doing it wrong.
Coinseeker

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 08:12:48 PM

no! The point is not making XRP valuable! Making XRP valuable is just a way to spread ripple system. The real goal is to make people an companies using ripple system. If you didn't understand that you didn't understand anythign.

Sorry...I don't claim to know everything about OpenCoin and Ripple.  Not by a long shot.  But I know the only way for them to monetize is through holding XRP and hoping they increase in value.  Unless you think these investors are doing all this out of the kindness of their hearts.   Huh

I know those currently selling XRP's will fight against this logic because well, it's bad for business but it's not likely to hold.  At least I can't see how it will with that many XRP's remaining to giveaway.  For now, I wont buy at these prices and my guess is prices won't be anywhere near where they are today, one year from now.  50k XRP / 1BTC minimum I'm guessing.  No telling how big or small the next round of giveaways will be and you could see a 100k decrease in value in mere moments after it begins.  Just depends on how THEY decide to release and how much.  Right now, they are in control and as long as there are XRP to giveaway, they will remain in control of the value.

mah87 (OP)
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 08:21:42 PM

Sorry...I don't claim to know everything about OpenCoin and Ripple.  Not by a long shot.  But I know the only way for them to monetize is through holding XRP and hoping they increase in value.  Unless you think these investors are doing all this out of the kindness of their hearts.   Huh

I know those currently selling XRP's will fight against this logic because well, it's bad for business but it's not likely to hold.  At least I can't see how it will with that many XRP's remaining to giveaway.  For now, I wont buy at these prices and my guess is prices won't be anywhere near where they are today, one year from now.  50k XRP / 1BTC minimum I'm guessing.  No telling how big or small the next round of giveaways will be and you could see a 100k decrease in value in mere moments after it begins.  Just depends on how THEY decide to release and how much.  Right now, they are in control and as long as there are XRP to giveaway, they will remain in control of the value.

This won't crash you are dreaming. You don't understand what ripple impact will be. We are just on beta. You're not a crypto user since a long time, you'll probably understand what's going on in a year.
Coinseeker

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 08:25:19 PM

This won't crash you are dreaming. You don't understand what ripple impact will be. We are just on beta. You're not a crypto user since a long time, you'll probably understand what's going on in a year.

LOL...ok.  Then buy, buy, buy and go long.  I will not.  That's the gamble.

mah87 (OP)
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 08:27:19 PM

LOL...ok.  Then buy, buy, buy and go long.  I will not.  That's the gamble.

People was saying the same thing about bitcoin... "what's that scam" I still hear it anyway...
Coinseeker

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 08:32:24 PM

I didn't say it was a scam.  I don't believe that at all.  What I said was there is no way, in my mind, they can come out of beta and go open source with 49 billion worth of XRP to still giveaway.  That's just nuts.  That makes no sense.  So to me, that means they have to get them released prior and thus that amount of XRP in the market is going to take some time to come back to even the levels we have today.  Just a month or two ago XRP's hit 150k / 1btc.  Why is it so hard to believe that that wont happen again?  What other result could happen as a result of releasing 49 billion XRP, knowing that there are only 1 billion in circulation now?

mah87 (OP)
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 08:36:47 PM

I didn't say it was a scam.  I don't believe that at all.  What I said was there is no way, in my mind, they can come out of beta and go open source with 49 billion worth of XRP to still giveaway.  That's just nuts.  That makes no sense.  So to me, that means they have to get them released prior and thus that amount of XRP in the market is going to take some time to come back to even the levels we have today.  Just a month or two ago XRP's hit 150k / 1btc.  Why is it so hard to believe that that wont happen again?  What other result could happen as a result of releasing 49 billion XRP, knowing that there are only 1 billion in circulation now?

They will open the code and keep distributing the ripple slowly. that's not hard to understand.
Coinseeker

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 08:41:30 PM

They will open the code and keep distributing the ripple slowly. that's not hard to understand.

Again, that's the gamble and pure speculation.  I disagree and that's ok.  

The next giveaway coming up in a couple weeks is expected to reach ~10,000 people.  They could giveaway 100,000 to each one and that's still only 1 billion.  That in itself would be a slow release compared with what's left to give. Not saying they will as no one knows what they will do...but from a calculated risk perspective, knowing that's possible, i know paying 1 BTC /10,000 XRP is crazy.  But again, that's me.

mah87 (OP)
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 08:45:14 PM

The next giveaway coming up in a couple weeks is expected to reach ~10,000 people.  They could giveaway 100,000 to each one and that's still only 1 billion.  That in itself would be a slow release compared with what's left to give. Not saying they will as no one knows what they will do...but from a calculated risk perspective, knowing that's possible, i know paying 1 BTC /10,000 XRP is crazy.  But again, that's me.

Of course there is speculation. But it's not there interest to make the price brutally drop. Early adopter would be disapointed and interest for rippple could die.
By the way how do you know it's around 10 000 people and not 50 000 ? did you read that somewhere ?
Coinseeker

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 08:47:33 PM

The next giveaway coming up in a couple weeks is expected to reach ~10,000 people.  They could giveaway 100,000 to each one and that's still only 1 billion.  That in itself would be a slow release compared with what's left to give. Not saying they will as no one knows what they will do...but from a calculated risk perspective, knowing that's possible, i know paying 1 BTC /10,000 XRP is crazy.  But again, that's me.

Of course there is speculation. But it's not there interest to make the price brutally drop. Early adopter would be disapointed and interest for rippple could die.
By the way how do you know it's around 10 000 people and not 50 000 ? did you read that somewhere ?

That was estimated based on the amount of newsletter subscriptions on the Ripple homepage created before May 9th..  Which is how the next giveaway is being determined.  The number came from the Ripple forums so take that with grain of salt.  Nevertheless, even at 50,000 that would still only be 5 billion @ 100k and again, I have no idea if the giveaway is 100 XRP or 1 million. 

mah87 (OP)
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 08:48:56 PM

That was estimated based on the amount of newsletter subscriptions on the Ripple homepage created before May 9th..  Which is how the next giveaway is being determined.  That's all I know.

I know but how to you know the estimated newsletter ?
LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 08:49:27 PM

I don't think its value will be linked to bitcoin in the future you need to think about $ not BTC that's smarter

What if I don't live in the US?
Coinseeker

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 08:51:07 PM

The next giveaway coming up in a couple weeks is expected to reach ~10,000 people.  They could giveaway 100,000 to each one and that's still only 1 billion.  That in itself would be a slow release compared with what's left to give. Not saying they will as no one knows what they will do...but from a calculated risk perspective, knowing that's possible, i know paying 1 BTC /10,000 XRP is crazy.  But again, that's me.

That was estimated based on the amount of newsletter subscriptions on the Ripple homepage created before May 9th..  Which is how the next giveaway is being determined.  That's all I know.

They were talking about it in the ripple forum somewhere, that's why I said take it with a grain of salt.  The Ripple ledger says there are less than 9000 ripple accounts, although that doesn't necessarily reflect the number of newsletter subscribers.  But it's a fair indicator I'd say.

mah87 (OP)
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 08:51:22 PM

I don't think its value will be linked to bitcoin in the future you need to think about $ not BTC that's smarter

What if I don't live in the US?

LOL -_- I don't live in us either that's not the problem ....
mah87 (OP)
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 08:52:15 PM

That was estimated based on the amount of newsletter subscriptions on the Ripple homepage created before May 9th..  Which is how the next giveaway is being determined.  That's all I know.

They were talking about it in the ripple forum somewhere, that's why I said take it with a grain of salt.  The Ripple ledger says there are less than 9000 ripple accounts, although that doesn't necessarily reflect the number of newsletter subscribers.  But it's a fair indicator I'd say.

Yep. Interesting. I would like to read that on the ripple forum do you have any link.?
Coinseeker

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 08:55:55 PM

If I were you I'd head over there personally and read up.  You seem to speak things as "facts" and don't really seem to be connected to what's going on.  I get that we are doing alot of speculation but my involvement in those forums has allowed me to make the speculations I am standing on.  Your mileage may vary.

www.Ripple.com/forum

If you'd like to see the number of ripple accounts:

https://ripplecharts.com

mah87 (OP)
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 08:58:32 PM

If I were you I'd head over there personally and read up.  You seem to speak things as "facts" and don't really seem to be connected to what's going on.  I get that we are doing alot of speculation but my involvement in those forums has allowed me to make the speculations I am standing on.  Your mileage may vary.

www.Ripple.com/forum

Acually I know the ripple forum and did receive also their letter about giveaway but I was betting more on 50 000 people. But I'll dig into this forum.

10 000 people is not a lot....
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: