Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:56:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Better investement right now, bitcoins or Altcoins.  (Read 26336 times)
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1156

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 01:37:28 PM

If I planned on buying some coins today. Which would be the better long term investment, and why?

For me choose Bitcoin for the long term investment because it is already established and stable it would be a good buy. But there are Alternative coins that are good as well you need to evaluate and choose which is the right one for a long term invesment.
I understand what you are driving at but you cannot classify bitcoin as established and stable yet. There are absolutely a lot of developments that still needs to be done as time goes on. However, comparing with other alternative coins which I believe is what you meant, it is still the best to buy for now looking at the fact that it has passed through so many struggles without breaking and loyalty is gradually building around it.

If some altcoins end up facing 25% of what bitcoin has faced, they would have been dead already. This does not mean there are altcoins with good prospects but it is good to do one's research and find out which is the best to buy in.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
princesocapuyo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Presale is live!

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 11:05:24 PM

Simple answer is that Bitcoin is a better investment right now and always because there is no risk just huge upside. With Altcoins there is huge risk vs reward factor, that you have to factor in, lol.

nejibens

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 11:33:50 PM

Bitcoin is always better than altcoins, in my opinion. Its having higher price and more stability, despite its price volatility (which is common with altcoins too). But you can invest some of your capital in the highly traded altcoins
alikaya58

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 11:48:56 PM

you'll be successful if you go to good, solid research projects. Cool
cryptokitty

Activity: 420

Global Blockchain Solution For Transportation

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 12:36:28 AM

The better investment is when you can get a profit that easy in just a day, week or month. When bitcoin and altcoins can do it. Then, both are better for investment .
Darklinkz

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 03:28:02 AM

It's bitcoins. Only a very small percentage of altcoins that does have a real project for the future and the rest are worthless.
posi

Activity: 2240
Merit: 579

Degens.bet - On-chain 1000x Futures

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 07:01:14 AM

It's really an impossible question, the best altcoins will far outperform bitcoin, but bitcoin will probably out perform the average altcoin. I would advise splitting your portfolio across bitcoin and several altcoins.
I agree with you 100% when you said split the fiat by investing into bitcoin and altcoin because there's a lot of promising altcoin but when you said the best altcoin out perforem bitcoin is not true. However, people in testimoney and bitcoin has been making a lot of family happy

.DEGENS.BET.     ████████████████
     ████████████████
██████████████████████████
██   ████████████████   ██
███  ████████████████  ███
 ▀██████████████████████▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
      ▀████████████▀
         ████████
        ▄▄██████▄▄
      ██████████████
    ██████████████████
      ██
      ██
  ██  ██  ██       ██
    █████████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██
                 ██████
                   ██
           ██
           ██
       ██  ██  ██
         ██████
           ██
      ██
    ██████
  ██  ██  ███████████
      █████████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██
                   ██
                   ██
           ██
         ██████
       ██  ██  ██
           ██
           ██
..TRADE NOW..
Nikhilk

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:07:24 AM

I will go with altcoins
If u want to invest in bitcoin then must buy atleast 1 BTC
Then only u will get profit
Instead of that just go for altcoins with low prices
palle11

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:30:07 AM

The market is going to fall a little bit more I think, so just be careful before investing at the moment, either be it Bitcoin or Altcoin. But its a very awesome moment to invest right now to both of the option, as the prices came down of all the cryptos, so whoever wished that he could have invested earlier when the price was low, you got your chance back.
That strategy of yours is not actually the best way to always go about purchasing bitcoin. Any point you buy at the moment is always good. One thing I have noticed is that you can never predict the next thing that happens with bitcoin most especially in dips or in bullish trends.

If bitcoin is dipping, buy at any moment you can as you will still never loose and if it is going up still buy cause you may never see it back to that value again.

I have had a chance to buy at $800 before and I was trying to wait if I could get it cheaper until it started going up, and then again I kept thinking it would come down but it did not. Still happy I bought at a good stage but till now it has never and will never go as low as that again.

Yeah, more like "experience is the best teacher ". Life do not present the future for us, most times wealth are in our hands to go for but because we can't understand or see exactly what the future has, we procrastinate, pessimistic about what to do. Really I also don't see bitcoin riding too low again. So much awareness is coming around it and this is more reason it will go bullish.
micle222

Activity: 784
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 01:08:25 PM

If I planned on buying some coins today. Which would be the better long term investment, and why?
Bitcoin. If only for the investment I suggest you buy Bitcoin.
you ask why? The answer is Bitcoin's price every day is getting more expensive.
so for the long-term investment, I recommend buying Bitcoin.
Skyshark

Activity: 505

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 01:17:15 PM

Bitcoin had been the fastest growing coin in the market but lately it's been a bit stagnant, its value is just going down then moving up to where it last left its price, I mean, maybe bitcoin already reached its peek. But I would still invest in bitcoin. On the otherhand, there are just alot of altcoins that are showing potential, the fact that you can buy them in a low price and can have a return of no one can tell how high is just good to hear. But altcoins are more risky than bitcoin, but we all take risk when we invest so choose one that you feel you can trust.

grayhound

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 01:34:43 PM

For a long term investment definitely invest in bitcoin because the value of bitcoin continue to increase thats why it is better to invest in bitcoin the return is worth it and can make our capital grow and grow
Covesting

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

Bringing copy-trading to the cryptocurrency market

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 02:15:22 PM

We think that diversification is a good strategy for crypto currencies. It is indeed very hard to say which currency will perform well and which will lose its momentum. Some of these coins wont even exist in few years time and some will explode.
At current stage it is hard to estimate and properly evaluate these coins, ICOs' etc

diversify diversify diversify and you will have at least some peace of mind and less sleepless nights )

Licensed DLT services provider and trading software development company. Check out Covesting Module on PrimeXBT Trading Platform!
djsugar

Activity: 686
Merit: 262

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 02:36:46 PM

I think Altcoins would be more profitable as for now. But holding Bitcoin is always preferable as it gives decent ROI in less time with less risk. Altcoins have huge variety from large cap to medium cap to low cap coins, from popular to shit coins. So, you need to be really cautious while choosing a good altcoin. Altcoins have potential to give high returns in the matter of some days which Bitcoin might give in a year or so. But that all will need patience and thorough understanding of charts and market. I think along with having Bitcoin, have some good varieties of altcoin in your portfolio too.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 02:57:05 PM

These last few days, i am more active to have altcoin than btc. Because, i think altcoin conditions are currently quite cheap. So, if price has increased slightly, I've achieved a pretty good profit.
Who said you cannot use the same amount to purchase bitcoin too? Do you need to have 10BTC before you have bitcoins? Whatever you have now either bitcoin or altcoin will most definitely rise in value. However, bitcoin right now is still less risky to purchase to me as far as I am concerned than just any altcoin because of their low prices.

Altcoins are more like gambling except for the few ones with very good market cap anyway and most times, the few altcoins I have ETH, LTC, DASH most times always follow the same trend with bitcoin whenever there is a reduction or increase in the market.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1217

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 04:49:36 PM

I'd chose Bitcoins over altcoin at any time of the day. Let me give you an example. If someone ask you to chose between an Apple iPhone and a Xiaomi Mi phone, which one you'll chose? I will chose the original over the counterfeit.
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 04:52:34 PM

I'd say if you're going for long term holding and don't really want to look at daily charts and all that. Just go and buy bitcoin. For sure you can come back to it years from now and its value will definitely be higher than it is today. The way I see it, altcoin is the riskier way which involves more time and effort from you because in the end it may eventually pay off, well, better.
futile-resistance

Activity: 840
Merit: 516

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 12:01:56 PM

For me, Bitcoin is the better investment but we have to hold as long as the price increases. I think investing into other altcoin is also the best option because the price increases it will give you good profit in Bitcoins.
For me, investing into bitcoins is the only best option available for earning big money that too without damn hard work. If you are thinking about wasting your money into altcoins, I will give you a sincere piece of advice not to proceed in this direction since altcoins are always following the footprints of the bitcoins. They even don’t have their own market trends.
GoodLuck2

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 02:00:04 PM

It's bitcoins. Only a very small percentage of altcoins that does have a real project for the future and the rest are worthless.
You are absolutely right altcoin are many but only just few of them could be in competition with bitcoin. Mostly of them are worthless, even if they are not now, but surely after few years they would seized to death. Bitcoin are amazingly at increase rate in international market so better option for investments is bitcoin.
crypt0heaven

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 02:28:52 PM

If I planned on buying some coins today. Which would be the better long-term investment, and why?

Bitcoin is the best long-term investment, its a proven store of value. Of course, you might not see the crazy returns but other assets atm are extremely speculative and have no proven themselves like bitcoin. Bitcoin is the one and only King of crypto.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: