Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:48:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone heard about these guys?  (Read 6580 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Benson Samuel (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 06:09:09 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2013, 06:53:17 PM by Benson Samuel

http://www.asic-technologies.com/

Just saw that someone had posted that URL on the India Bitcoin FB page messages.

Edit: Reported the link to the India Bitcoin admin and logged it under scam accusations.

Cannot find any details of this on bitcointalk.

Anyone have any idea if this is genuine or a scam?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:47:31 PM

It's from India so probably yes.

Look at that website. It's sort of a joke.

I'd put the odds at this not being a scam somewhere around 1 in a 1000.  

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Benson Samuel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 06:52:00 PM

It's from India so probably yes.

Look at that website. It's sort of a joke.

I'd put the odds at this not being a scam somewhere around 1 in a 1000.  

Don't assume things about India.

Davie, Scott  @gmail.com
    2/5 Moray Park Terrace
    Edinburgh, Midlothian EH7 5TH
    GB

That is the person who has registered the site.

If that board was the first one where they advertised, it will soon be making its rounds elsewhere as well.

But yes, I agree that this is a scam.

Logged it under Scam accusations: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=204146.new;topicseen#new

dan99

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 05:44:25 AM

is Indian what can you ask for? they are well known and famous for this kind of thing. if you been there you will know.
evilscoop

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 05:49:50 AM

they posted a comment on their site directed at the forum...

tbh it maybe early days to shout scam, there are many many many people setting up for the great asic rush...
Preparation is key, and these sites need designing etc....

Yes they could have locked the site down with a password or something for testing, but why bother....
Can we please refrain from the scam tag untill their actually asking for money, or posting Photoshopped images of mining boards Cheesy

that said they claim to have shipped 7 devices....no pictures, no proof of work....though I guess you have paypal buyer protection Cheesy
Id sooo like to see pictures
Benson Samuel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 06:46:52 AM

is Indian what can you ask for? they are well known and famous for this kind of thing. if you been there you will know.

I am from here and I promise you that you are only talking about what the media reflects, not what the reality is.

There are several people from here who are working hard as ever to make Bitcoin grow.

So do not breed stereotypical statements born out of ignorance.

Benson Samuel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 06:47:22 AM

they posted a comment on their site directed at the forum...

tbh it maybe early days to shout scam, there are many many many people setting up for the great asic rush...
Preparation is key, and these sites need designing etc....

Yes they could have locked the site down with a password or something for testing, but why bother....
Can we please refrain from the scam tag untill their actually asking for money, or posting Photoshopped images of mining boards Cheesy

that said they claim to have shipped 7 devices....no pictures, no proof of work....though I guess you have paypal buyer protection Cheesy
Id sooo like to see pictures

Yup, an investigation would be required before they get a tag.

Benson Samuel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 06:59:43 AM

Products
Firstly allow me to say a big thanks to bitcointalk forum . . branding our company a scam after the site was only online 12 hours with no sales . I just spend 9 months busting my balls , pushing every penny I had into this project , for some wee N00b to come along and start talking complete and utter rubbish based on no evidence at all . We done no advertising really because Chris my partner is on holiday at the moment , The site is not even complete . . . just a template I put up before taking a well needed sleep . If you think this site is a scam , I don’t even care . Leave now .WE DONT EVEN HAVE PICTURES UP YET . . . This is a 4 man project . Relax , give us some time .We currently have 21 small’s and 5 large units . Working on more . Thank you to the users who had faith and paid via paypal.Shipping will be tomorrow,I will also remove this rant when I am less angry . You wanna know how to build ASIC . . . Dont sit around chatting crap on bitcointalk , Learn Something New !!

Just saw this on their site.

ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 07:03:11 AM

It doesn't matter if they are a scam.

ASIC's will do nothing for anybody but the creators of the ASIC's themselves.

The whole function of the ASIC is to take hashing power from those already hashing, and put it in their pockets. The more you invest, the less you will get, because others are investing more, in the same 6-million BTC.

EG, there will be 3-million users all mining with ASIC's, and each will only get 1 BTC. Except the company producing ASIC's, who will get your CASH and more than half of those BTC, because they are using your money to build them more than they plan to sell.

Thus, they will be holding more than half of those 6-million BTC, and leave 3-million people mining for pennies. While the remaining 3-million GPU guys move-on to things that can't be taken by "corporate greedy bastards". Everyone is going to join that bandwagon of the ASIC's before they realize they are aiding the inevitable demise of their own devices.

(That is not a rant about bitcoins, or ASIC's, it is about the obvious scamming they are doing, in broad-daylight, right under everyone's noses, with the money they are given. Oh, they will deliver.... Crumbs.)

Any new company is already too late. They should have built these things two years ago. They will only be good for four years, tops, and that MAY make them break even. (for those who purchase them.)

It is not like a GPU. AMD didn't start producing thousands of cards, keeping them for themselves, and giving out 1 for every 100 made. That is what ASIC's are doing. There isn't even a guarantee that the machines are not purposely creating false proofs, or sending proofs home, or couldn't be covertly disabled by the creator whenever they decide they needed more coins for themselves. Not that I would imagine they would do... but in a cut-throat game of, "make me millions from your money"... why not? They are doing that already.
Benson Samuel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 07:48:27 AM

I would hope that they are not a scam to be honest.

We need as many of these initiatives as possible.

greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 08:44:31 AM

Davie, Scott  @gmail.com
    2/5 Moray Park Terrace
    Edinburgh, Midlothian EH7 5TH
    GB

That is the person who has registered the site.

That's not a person. "Scott & Davie" is a plastering business in Edinburgh.
tom_o

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 10:10:35 AM

I would hope that they are not a scam to be honest.

We need as many of these initiatives as possible.

Sorry I call scam. Sounds like they've been keeping up with BFL, noted some buzz words then made up a very tenuous story that you'd be a fool to believe!

Luckily I spoke to some friends I was at University with about the ASIC chips and one stepped
forward and agreed to gamble with me trying to bring a product to the market place, I was never very good with hardware but my software skills are not too bad at all.
In late September 2012, myself and my friend Chris (Hardware Geek) where sitting looking at a huge stack of ASIC chips thinking “What have we done”. Chris had moved into my flat with me by this point and we where working on the ASIC project full time.

December 2012 We where still stuck, diffused layers,wafers,power issue’s,heat issue’s the list was
endless.I know much more about hardware than I ever thought possible.At this time we managed to get 4 chips working doing 200 Mhash for 3 hours before it burned out.

These problems became smaller and smaller as the months went by.

In March 2013,Chris sold his car so we could buy food.Funding was at an all time low , We had many bill’s and debts it seemed like the end of the project completely.However at this point we had 8 chips working at 100M/hash each.I wanted to take our 800M/hash miner to the market place but with a top end GPU or FPGA unit 800M/hash was nothing special.

Late March 2013 , Chris quit the project and got a job working delivering the mail.I was out of money and was not speaking to Chris at this point .The strain of the project really tested our friendship.

April 3rd , Finally some success We had almost had it right for months , We made 4 of the 800M/hash boards and eventually managed to get them all working properly together, after running the miner for 20 days non stop. We deiced to start ordering more parts.

The 3.1 – 3.3 G/hash ASIC miner was born.

Would you trust "Terry, Jason, Chris and Myself"
http://www.asic-technologies.com/our-staff/
Benson Samuel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 12:09:49 PM

Would you trust "Terry, Jason, Chris and Myself"
http://www.asic-technologies.com/our-staff/

Well, I have mailed them a blanket apology if they are not scammers.

No response as yet.

Benson Samuel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 06:05:22 PM

My mail to them

On 14/05/2013 08:07, Benson Samuel wrote:
Hi,

I was the person who posted that accusation as your website was advertised on the India Bitcoin Facebook page.

No one else had any idea about your website due to which there was a negative speculation involved.

I messaged the person who had posted the URL advertising on the page, but did not get any response.

I then posted this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=204135.new#new which confirmed that it may be a scam, hence I raised it under https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=204146.new#new.

I apologize if I was hasty to act, and I do hope that you guys can deliver.

Best wishes,
Benson

This was their reply

Sales
19:41 (3 hours ago)

to me
My offer of a half price unit still stands ,

kind regards

Hmmmmm

abbyd

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 06:07:43 PM

pix or GTFO.

No need for the butthurt
Operatr

Activity: 798

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 06:11:50 PM

Firstly allow me to say a big thanks to bitcointalk forum . . branding our company a scam after the site was only online 12 hours with no sales . I just spend 9 months busting my balls , pushing every penny I had into this project , for some wee N00b to come along and start talking complete and utter rubbish based on no evidence at all . We done no advertising really because Chris my partner is on holiday at the moment , The site is not even complete . . . just a template I put up before taking a well needed sleep . If you think this site is a scam , I don’t even care . Leave now .WE DONT EVEN HAVE PICTURES UP YET . . . This is a 4 man project . Relax , give us some time .We currently have 21 small’s and 5 large units . Working on more . Thank you to the users who had faith and paid via paypal.Shipping will be tomorrow,I will also remove this rant when I am less angry . You wanna know how to build ASIC . . . Dont sit around chatting crap on bitcointalk , Learn Something New !!

Up on their front page Grin

Benson Samuel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 06:14:10 PM

Somebody paid them without even seeing any pics?

abbyd

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 08:15:11 PM

If somebody claims to have paid them, I'll assume sock-puppetry...
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 08:33:41 PM

Someone explain to me how this person is "staff" and "staff" of what please?
Benson Samuel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 02:14:14 AM

If somebody claims to have paid them, I'll assume sock-puppetry...

He also mentions 'branding our company a scam after the site was only online 12 hours with no sales' and then says 'Thank you to the users who had faith and paid via paypal.'

They have a pic updated on their site now.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: