Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:19:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin PEW PEW Node Summit  (Read 27971 times)
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 06:36:32 PM

http://www.omglasergunspewpewpew.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
neutrinox

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

1MCKW9AkWj3aopC1aPegcZEf2fYNrhUQVf

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 08:49:46 PM

Please don't be too tough on this guy. Despite the way he might come out on these forums he seems like a nice fellow. He even refunded people their tickets so at least he is honest.

I found a video lecture of him and to me he seems like a nice guy (though I admit that some of the showing off on these forums is not so great).

http://vimeo.com/11018684
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 08:58:50 PM

Please don't be too tough on this guy. Despite the way he might come out on these forums he seems like a nice fellow. He even refunded people their tickets so at least he is honest.

I found a video lecture of him and to me he seems like a nice guy (though I admit that some of the showing off on these forums is not so great).

http://vimeo.com/11018684

Sure, he's nice. But he's dumb with money. No matter how nice a guy is, if he's dumb with money, you don't give him other people's money to play with.

Unless he runs the Fed.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 01:51:53 AM

Nice guy what does stupid things with his money and he wanted people to pay him to tell them how he makes money?

lol

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 06:08:26 AM

Sure, he's nice. But he's dumb with money. No matter how nice a guy is, if he's dumb with money, you don't give him other people's money to play with.

When I started making money consciously 24 years ago, I started with a balance of 17 FIM (€2.5) in my bank account.

In 2000, I already commanded a trading position of 50k+ euros.

In 2008, govt attacked my small silver dealership, prompting me to fight back. In the process I became a millionaire.

Since 2010, I have not felt that the dearth of purchasing power in any way hinders me from doing exactly what I feel like is worth doing.

In 2011 I bought bitcoins, after following them go from about 0.20 to 31.99 and back to about 3, which was my initial entry point.

Today I am so detached from the world that I do not even pay taxes actively, they take what they want directly from my bank account, and until now they have always been able to extract the sum they want (so that even in the govt's opinion, I don't owe them anything). I also fly wherever I want (USA/Israel was off-limits recently, but I will try to come to California during the conference there this week, I don't think I will be detained if I don't break the overt laws of the country and state) with an entourage of 5 people minimum.

So if this is being dumb with money, then your judgement is obfuscated by your personal preference. For me this works just fine, and I am quietly minding my own business and instruct you to do likewise.

EDIT: I also do not actively seek "other people's money to play with". Not that I could not manage them as well as my own, but the responsibility of my handling other people's matters just cannot be compensated with money, since of the latter I have enough already and can make more if I need. When you see me not making money, it means that I don't have the desire to do so atm.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 06:52:29 AM

So if this is being dumb with money, then your judgement is obfuscated by your personal preference. For me this works just fine, and I am quietly minding my own business and instruct you to do likewise.
Remind me what you did with an unsecured laptop, and how much in bitcoins was on it? And how you "proved" you had a huge bankroll?

Is it just digital money that you're a complete fool with, or are your past successes mostly attributable to luck and connections?

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 07:01:23 AM

Remind me what you did with an unsecured laptop, and how much in bitcoins was on it? And how you "proved" you had a huge bankroll?

Is it just digital money that you're a complete fool with, or are your past successes mostly attributable to luck and connections?

Has to be sheer luck, since I did not have connections when I started. Now I do.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 07:58:44 AM

Quoted from his original and now locked thread.

Sounds like a disaster to me. But what I don't get is...

Why anyone in their right mind would think a sauna would be a good place to have your personal property (ie laptop with bitcoins on them) kept safe.

A conference room maybe, but a sauna really?

Many people have wanted me to "cool down". I have done it for another 7 hours today, just walking about in Helsinki, eating, drinking and smoking at will (which, in my case, meant 2 half-eaten salads, one glass of white wine, half a beer, two bottles of spring water, a cup of tea and one cigar during the spree, for the total cost of <100 EUR).

Last time I checked, Haikko Manor has still not:
- apologized me
- given the answer to my question: "what do you want me to do next"
- forced me to do anything.

Believe me, until one of the above happens, I will not do anything. I only have so much time, and I already wasted enough of it with them. With the exceptions of Anna-Lisa, Henna-Kaisa and the CEO, I don't have a personal problem with the members of the staff. Everybody else has been serving me as best as they can, limited only by their ability (which is top-notch) and the orders from the superiors (which were the probable reason for my disconnect from the room service Sunday morning, which in a 5-star hotel means that you run out of water in 2 hours, followed by evacuation since you are not in a position to run a supernode without water, and risk a danger of breakdown - my abilities are very much dependent on the living conditions, and I took meticulous care of them by means of the room service as long as they let me).

I am every bit as indignant because of the insults as I was on Sunday. If possible, even more. This should not have happened, and luckily I am in the position to wait for their action indefinitely. As soon as Juha realizes what a jerk he is, he either apologizes or assigns somebody to do it. If he does not, he will just have to use the legal methods available, and my lawyer is in charge of that. It is not OK to endanger my bitcoins, and the matter will be settled with cigars or wine, or in court, their call.

If indeed this was an agent story, and everything was purposely done to harm me, be my guest. You bet the wrong horse, Bitcoin is conquering the world this year, and I don't see why such a fine hotel as Haikko would side with the enemy, since my 10+ year personal experience lead me to believe they would be the first to embrace the change.

As for the ones who try to tell that it is my fault to "leave bitcoins unattended", I will just delete all that crap from now on regardless of who the poster is. The sauna WAS the "security room" of the conference, clearly visible in the orders given to the hotel, and everything we agreed upon concerning it, was broken from the hotel side, everything was compromised, some stuff was actually STOLEN: during the first night AT LEAST THREE DIFFERENT TIMES it was accessed unauthorized by the hotel staff ONLY, and if this does not drive you mad, I would like to know what does.

I DID NOT leave my computer + the keys + 2 factor auth there for the reason that I was stupid, but for the reason that it was designated to be the MOST SECURE place, with higher rating than the hotel room, Manor House Suite #30, where I was staying. After we realized that there was absolutely no way to keep the intruders in hotel uniforms out without outright physical force, the sauna was evacuated to #30 and I needed to stay there personally to guard my stuff. Intentionally left without room service, it did not end well.

How is it motherfucking possible, that 3 noncooperative people (named above) can create such a mess in the finest hotel of Finland is so much beyond me that I prefer to not even think of it. That is why I continue minding my own business until they all apologize, or I have enough free time to settle the matter in court. Why in the motherfucking hell are the owners not informed of the matter, so that they could order something to be done?? If I was the owner of the hotel, in no way would any of my staff ever insult the customers so deeply without immediate apology or summary dismissal from service (in which case I would personally apologize and refund all, which I have done concerning the summit already).

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 08:23:14 AM

I [...] instruct you to do likewise.

I [...] instruct you

Aahahahahahahahahaha! What the hell is wrong with you?

EDIT: Wait, now I get it. You're a master troll. Well played, goon sire.
Professor James Moriarty
aka TheTortoise

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 08:30:39 AM

I am 12 and what is this?

Seriously guys this topic makes no sense Cheesy
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 08:38:41 AM

I am 12 and what is this?

Seriously guys this topic makes no sense Cheesy

I could tell you but I'm late for my bath in champagne and my morning drink of Kopi Luwak sprinkled with freshly ground diamond.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 01:33:50 PM

Can I bring my BFL asic minirig to the sauna?

Yes vaporware is welcome we will be sitting in vapor anyway...

Bwahaha suddenly this thread went gold.

What is a 'super bitcoin pew pew node' ?

What are 'pew pew node members' ?

What are 'pew pew coins' ?

I notice you use the words 'PEW PEW' ...

What is a 'PEW PEW' ??

Pew.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 10:26:31 PM

PEW PEW ....and Reptilia's plans for Super Leet Node For OMFGZ ROFLCOPTER PROFITS...is dead. Thread locked also.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Atruk

Activity: 700

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 07:54:26 AM

Has to be sheer luck, since I did not have connections when I started. Now I do.

Every now and then it is inevitable that someone would get so lucky...

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 04:48:50 PM

Every now and then it is inevitable that someone would get so lucky...

Luck usually runs out when you end up in a mental institution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: