Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:31:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Suspected ASICS scammer  (Read 6580 times)
Benson Samuel (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 06:23:00 PM

http://www.asic-technologies.com/

Just saw that a while back.

Started this thread under hardware as well https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=204135.0

Whois looks very dodgy.

Looking for any inputs from people who may have heard about these guys.

http://www.whois.com/whois/asic-technologies.com

Domain Name: ASIC-TECHNOLOGIES.COM
Registrar: TUCOWS DOMAINS INC.
Whois Server: whois.tucows.com
Referral URL: http://domainhelp.opensrs.net
Name Server: NS1.LIVEDNS.CO.UK
Name Server: NS2.LIVEDNS.CO.UK
Name Server: NS3.LIVEDNS.CO.UK
Updated Date: 12-may-2013
Creation Date: 12-may-2013   Shocked
Expiration Date: 12-may-2014

"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Coinbuck @ BTCLot

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

The future begins today

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 06:35:23 PM

It's just a wordpress hosted website with a nice template in it.

It must be another scammer.. No proofs of the existence of this product, no hashrate proof and no proofs of shipping.

Stay away from it

Bitcoin is the future !
Benson Samuel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 06:53:56 PM

It must be another scammer.. No proofs of the existence of this product, no hashrate proof and no proofs of shipping.

Stay away from it

Worst yet, no announcement on the forums.

greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:04:05 PM

Stay away from it

Worst worst yet, their "About us" page display a lack of knowing ANYTHING about hardware. Of course this little problem never stops BFL_Josh from talking, but at least someone at BFL knows who to shuffle of this sort of work to. Those guys? Nothing. At all.
Benson Samuel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 07:17:12 PM

Stay away from it

Worst worst yet, their "About us" page display a lack of knowing ANYTHING about hardware. Of course this little problem never stops BFL_Josh from talking, but at least someone at BFL knows who to shuffle of this sort of work to. Those guys? Nothing. At all.

Thats the wallet he has advertised under Order.

https://blockchain.info/address/18zeNCG47ejx24EHBBqMRKTN2Fkv2Ssqwt

Benson Samuel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 07:02:27 AM

Products
Firstly allow me to say a big thanks to bitcointalk forum . . branding our company a scam after the site was only online 12 hours with no sales . I just spend 9 months busting my balls , pushing every penny I had into this project , for some wee N00b to come along and start talking complete and utter rubbish based on no evidence at all . We done no advertising really because Chris my partner is on holiday at the moment , The site is not even complete . . . just a template I put up before taking a well needed sleep . If you think this site is a scam , I don’t even care . Leave now .WE DONT EVEN HAVE PICTURES UP YET . . . This is a 4 man project . Relax , give us some time .We currently have 21 small’s and 5 large units . Working on more . Thank you to the users who had faith and paid via paypal.Shipping will be tomorrow,I will also remove this rant when I am less angry . You wanna know how to build ASIC . . . Dont sit around chatting crap on bitcointalk , Learn Something New !!

Just saw this on their website.

Seems like I might have jumped the gun.

But nothing more than an accusation made, I am hoping that these guys do deliver.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 08:27:58 PM

Products
Firstly allow me to say a big thanks to bitcointalk forum . . branding our company a scam after the site was only online 12 hours with no sales . I just spend 9 months busting my balls , pushing every penny I had into this project , for some wee N00b to come along and start talking complete and utter rubbish based on no evidence at all . We done no advertising really because Chris my partner is on holiday at the moment , The site is not even complete . . . just a template I put up before taking a well needed sleep . If you think this site is a scam , I don’t even care . Leave now .WE DONT EVEN HAVE PICTURES UP YET . . . This is a 4 man project . Relax , give us some time .We currently have 21 small’s and 5 large units . Working on more . Thank you to the users who had faith and paid via paypal.Shipping will be tomorrow,I will also remove this rant when I am less angry . You wanna know how to build ASIC . . . Dont sit around chatting crap on bitcointalk , Learn Something New !!

With thousands of ways to show they're viable, they chose this route.

Speaks Volumes!
No 1

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Ad Infinitum Et Ultra

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 04:01:06 AM

Products

12wqXQuExLnWoWWQy7j35hzBEW91bUz1YS
LcbBQ5oXtTjyKK4V8iaDqgUAAtahv9nsHR
evilscoop

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 04:03:54 AM

i still think its an fpga being miss sold
Theraty

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 04:08:32 AM

Products

Just saw this on their website.

Seems like I might have jumped the gun.

But nothing more than an accusation made, I am hoping that these guys do deliver.

Maybe they should of hid site until fully finished and maybe after posting rounds on bitcoin forums and getting a few trustworthy hero members behind them.
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 08:15:42 AM

Just got an e-mail from them ( <sales@asic-technologies.com> ), which promptly got sent to SPAM folder by GMail. They either got my e-mail off the forum profile or they are mass-sending, hoping to hit active miners. In the e-mail they state the price in BTC, while the web-site states it in dollars. Still, $3000 for ~9GHs is a bit steep. BFL offers 50GHs for "just" $2500  Roll Eyes

Asic-technologies.com

We make ASIC Bitcoin Mining Gear using the ASIC chips Sourced from Taiwan.

3.1 -3.3 GHash/sec 4 Board (has 32 chips) - 15 BTC

9.3-9.9 GHash/sec 12 Board (has 96 chips) - 30 BTC

Each module board uses about 39 Watts of power.

Mining board's supplied (No case) power supply , On-board heat sink , USB connectors.

Ready assembled
(suggest that you insert board's into a case and add cooling fans)

All the boards are linked together , With one main controller.
Easy to Install Software (Disk Provided)
Simple Plug and play.

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
Benson Samuel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 08:19:58 AM

I wonder if anyone will even buy into them.

DrHaribo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1034

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 11:03:12 AM

These guys seem to be spamming heavily by email, various forums and even a debian mailing list.

I guess the "advertising" has begun.

If someone accuses you of being a scammer, the answer is not to start spamming everywhere. That's something scammers do.

▶▶▶ bitminter.com 2011-2020 ▶▶▶ pool.xbtodigital.io 2023-
Benson Samuel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 11:04:32 AM

These guys seem to be spamming heavily by email, various forums and even a debian mailing list.

I guess the "advertising" has begun.

If someone accuses you of being a scammer, the answer is not to start spamming everywhere. That's something scammers do.

Yep, been receiving a bunch of mails from these guys.

charleshoskinson
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 10:12:53 PM

I've had an email correspondence with them:

Perhaps we can work out a partnership? If you donate a unit to the Bitcoin Education Project, then I'd be happy to include a lecture about your products and their configuration in our course:

https://www.udemy.com/bitcoin-or-how-i-learned-to-stop-worrying-and-love-crypto/

Here is more information about us:

http://btcedproject.org/

And a recent interview I did for Adam Levine on Let's Talk Bitcoin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBrQ07aPsL0

Our goal is to bring one million new users into bitcoin and thus partnering with us would be a great opportunity for you to get broadcast your products to a much larger market.

Here's a list of our current partners:

http://btcedproject.org/?page_id=86

Regards,
Charles Hoskinson
feel free to contact me at any time

Sales
Jun 13 (2 days ago)

to me
I will be more than happy to send you a unit .

Please send me your address , the unit sent will be one of our lder 3.1-3.3 G/hash models

kind regards

Charles Hoskinson <charles.hoskinson@gmail.com>
Jun 13 (2 days ago)

to Sales
Alright,

I need the following from you guys:

A Logo to display in our partner's area
A brief description of your products and how people can acquire them
A tutorial on the software required for operation (i'll update and convert it for our course)
You can send the unit to Charles Hoskinson, (Address Removed) Once I receive it, I'll configure the unit and then make a video for our bonus lecture series. You'll also be listed in our partners section of Btcedproject.org.

Thank you so much for your support

Sales
Jun 13 (2 days ago)

to me
No problem , I will provide these things tomorrow , Its very late here in the UK .

I will ship your miner tomorrow.

As we are sending this item free of charge , I would like you to cover the postage cost of $70 via paypal / escrow / bitcoin

Jun 13 (2 days ago)

to Sales
That's fair.  Post it on bitmit.net and ill send a bitcoin payment

Sales
Jun 13 (2 days ago)

to me
Sorry I dont understand , how do you get it for free if I put it on bitmit ?

Jun 13 (2 days ago)

to Sales
Just charge me for the shipping on the bitmit order.  We can use their escrow service. I'd ordinarily send the money directly, but I have a fiduciary duty to use an escrow service with the education project's funds

Sales
I am sorry , I have just been informed that we dont like bitmit . Our miners have started appearing on the site and we dont want to add anymore ourself's . I have also been informated that without postage costs upfront , we wont ship any promo units .

I think your cause its great , keep up the good work .
Sorry about that , kind regards

I'm not entirely sure why using an escrow service is against their policy nor asking money for a donation. $70 dollars would be a fair price for a 3 GH miner; however, it seems a bit off color to be honest.

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1017

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 10:30:00 PM

LOL, best "about us" ever

In March 2013,Chris sold his car so we could buy food

BASICasic

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 10:37:43 PM

Seems legit.
Benson Samuel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2013, 02:54:11 AM

LOL, best "about us" ever

In March 2013,Chris sold his car so we could buy food

Magic Brownies!

MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1055

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2013, 03:00:12 AM

They have been spamming me multiple times per day recently.

I have repeatedly asked them to remove me from their mailing list.
Their response seems indicative of a company with no ethics:

On 13/06/2013 18:35, Roger Ver wrote:
I asked you politely the first few times.

REMOVE ME FROM YOUR SPAM LIST!

-------------Their reply------------------------

Subject: Re: Asic-technologies.com
Date: June 14, 2013 3:17:12 AM GMT+08:00
To: Roger Ver

I was sold your address from bitcoin talk , take it up with them .

starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 02:52:44 PM

Gonna have to agree this is for sure a scam. I talked with them and they kept telling me photos would be up in a week. i told them id wait to buy then. After waiting they finnaly put up a picture of a case and 2 cmd pictures. The first picture came directly from another site which they said. So there is a picture of the case not the unit. Then the 2 cmd have the username whited out so i cant check if its real or not.

I have requested from them multiple times to see a real picture.I also requested just the username of the mining account to verify and have even requested simply a picture of the older miner or new miner next to the cmd. All of these requests are quickly ignored by him either not responding or by trying to avoid them. Lately he seems to have given up hope of ever selling 1 unit and just outright tells me that im never happy and that he tried
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: