Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:52:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Announcement Thread  (Read 653168 times)
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 10:23:30 PM

Very similar like Monaco... hm...
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
andruby

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 10:38:17 PM

By the way, Ill have to have look into the white paper a little more in a bit before investing. Is there any more info on the site or is everything just on the whitepaper?
HeadKiller

Activity: 17

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 10:58:04 PM

I think something liek this a lot of potential application so it’s a little crazy that someone thought of this. I was able to try the demo but I got it a little too early in its development so it was a little buggy but it did its job. It’s been a while though so I’m curious how much progress has been made to it. I’m also wondering how many normal people outside of our community would use it. Especially if someone was going to make a private purchase or something. Nonetheless, I’m hopeful they get the investing money they want.

Had some similar questions before getting in on the ICO, and the devs answered em.

Obviously any demo/prototype is going be buggy, that's just the way software works, especially on a shoestring budget.  I would expect massive improvements over the demo that was shown, considering it was only done by one guy.
Wdave

Activity: 8

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 11:03:24 PM

been waiting for this ICO to come out for some time now

anybody know when this ICO closes? or are there stages/phases to it?
brieder

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 11:11:43 PM

This would honestly be perfect for Amazon. I guess it works for all sites though.
Bombtrack

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2017, 11:17:24 PM

I'm thinking an app as this could really push social media to where it needs to be, not this crappy junky meme troll center where everyone has an egotistical opinion on the most pointless shit. I've sent my ETH to the token sale address, hoping the devs will keep us posted for updates in the future.  Wanna get the extra bonus tokens now before they're all snatched up by some whale.  Hopefully someone on this thread can maybe shed some light on another question I've had.  Which wallet do you guys prefer, parity or mist?  I for one am a hardcore parity user, but I am thinking about mist, let me know what you all think.
taurius1

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 11:19:44 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2017, 11:32:30 PM by taurius1

how much did some of you put into this?

i was only going to put in .8 btc & wasnt sure if i was gonna put in more

if anyone has some suggestions that would be good
Kylert1

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 11:31:33 PM

I think something liek this a lot of potential application so it’s a little crazy that someone thought of this. I was able to try the demo but I got it a little too early in its development so it was a little buggy but it did its job. It’s been a while though so I’m curious how much progress has been made to it. I’m also wondering how many normal people outside of our community would use it. Especially if someone was going to make a private purchase or something. Nonetheless, I’m hopeful they get the investing money they want.

What do you think some of the other potential applications wold be?.
Entei

Activity: 543
Merit: 281

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 11:39:19 PM

Another credit card project? Your presentation is rather interesting, but could you tell us the difference between Monaco and Tokencard? Is it also possible for American investors to participate?
happkamp

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 11:39:31 PM

been waiting for this ICO to come out for some time now

anybody know when this ICO closes? or are there stages/phases to it?

I think it says on their site
Bombtrack

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2017, 11:47:40 PM

Heard about this a while ago, hoping this at least gets half of its goal so I can see this used at around 10% of the activity of facebook
mrots

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 11:55:46 PM

So would this debit card work for any online store? Or are there only a few that would work?
zilions

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2017, 11:58:08 PM

Your website barely even works...

- Your token page doesn't even work nor does it contain any content - https://karbon.io/token/
- Your about page doesn't even work - https://karbon.io/about/

Your website home page has links to bitcoin.com and coindesk.com, but only to their home pages, not a direct article. Why? Do you even have any affiliation with them? Seems like you're just placing their logos there to look more legitimate.

matrixdog (OP)

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 12:02:35 AM

Another credit card project? Your presentation is rather interesting, but could you tell us the difference between Monaco and Tokencard? Is it also possible for American investors to participate?

Not just another credit card project, that is only a small part of the platform.  Feel free to check out the whitepaper to learn more.

Our lawyers have drafted the necessary paperwork for American investors to participate, and most of the team is located in San Francisco.
matrixdog (OP)

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 12:07:52 AM

Your website barely even works...

- Your token page doesn't even work nor does it contain any content - https://karbon.io/token/
- Your about page doesn't even work - https://karbon.io/about/

Your website home page has links to bitcoin.com and coindesk.com, but only to their home pages, not a direct article. Why? Do you even have any affiliation with them? Seems like you're just placing their logos there to look more legitimate.

We have placeholders there only as a temporary measure.  Our pending press releases have yet to be published officially.

Our Reddit subscribers urged us to release an ICO as soon as possible, becoming overwhelmed with the amount of interest the project has received.

Having said that, we may seem a bit unorganized, but we spend most of our time testing the platform.

Thank you for your concerns and we appreciate you pointing these nuances out to us.
ametller

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 12:11:57 AM

It definitely is better than it was before.  All the purchase bugs have cleaned, but thats all I know so far
Evostance

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 12:20:04 AM

I feel like this whole idea is gonna get really popular soon

I mena if you jsut look at their subreddit, it’s only been like a month and it’s huge
deheermom

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 12:28:06 AM

Going to invest in a little. Do I just send my ETH to the address on the Karbon.io site?
4Twenty24-7

Activity: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 12:36:09 AM

This would be amazing if it works with Amazon or local sites.

Can anyone confirm?

Message me or reply to my comment pls!
jeremyL5322

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 12:44:23 AM

Didn’t some chinese investors get involved in this recently? I feel like we’re going to see some big investment come in soon
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: