Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:04:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay - New Coin Launch - Official Thread  (Read 119790 times)
nsummy

Activity: 1178
Merit: 131

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 07:33:24 PM

Thanks for posting the code.  I'll play around with it tonight and see if I can get a test pool running.  And no that wasn't me that posted on there Smiley

Just let me know when you get the ASPX compiled and "almost" running (IE pool starts in debug mode and you cannot login).  At that point I will upload the SQL backup file of the empty database into github.  (I will get to it hopefully tomorrow).  So dont waste time recreating the schema as I have all of it.

Ironically what I have wasted hours on so far is getting the daemon to connect!  I thought maybe it was an incompatibility thing with win 2016, tried it on win 2012 with no luck.  Firewall is off both in the OS and through Amazon EC2.  Could it be possible that something is up with those 2 default nodes?  I see someone else posted the same issue earlier.  My QT-Wallet on my local box works fine, and my other linux VM is mining without problems.  Seems like maybe this has to do with initially populating the nodes?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 08:29:15 PM

Who wants to volunteer to fix this page:

http://wiki.biblepay.org/Main_Page

We need to make it more professional, take out the html characters and add anything to it that makes it more consistent?

I think we need to put our logo on the right inside the table on the second row also.

I've got some free time. I haven't touched mediawiki in a few years but can probably manage.

I've cleaned up a lot of the text and did some formating. It doesn't look the best but without rewriting a lot of it I don't know to format it any better. If this becomes a main source of information for this project I'd suggest installing a wysiwyg or markup add in to make it easier.

Yeah, that looks 100* better.  Thanks a lot! 

Now we are moving forward again.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 08:34:06 PM

Thanks for posting the code.  I'll play around with it tonight and see if I can get a test pool running.  And no that wasn't me that posted on there Smiley

Just let me know when you get the ASPX compiled and "almost" running (IE pool starts in debug mode and you cannot login).  At that point I will upload the SQL backup file of the empty database into github.  (I will get to it hopefully tomorrow).  So dont waste time recreating the schema as I have all of it.

Ironically what I have wasted hours on so far is getting the daemon to connect!  I thought maybe it was an incompatibility thing with win 2016, tried it on win 2012 with no luck.  Firewall is off both in the OS and through Amazon EC2.  Could it be possible that something is up with those 2 default nodes?  I see someone else posted the same issue earlier.  My QT-Wallet on my local box works fine, and my other linux VM is mining without problems.  Seems like maybe this has to do with initially populating the nodes?
Hi,
First on the daemon inside the AWS cloud (or wherver you want to run biblepayd as the pool hot wallet) ensure this is in biblepay.conf:

rpcuser=myuser
rpcpassword=mypass
rpcallowip=your_public_ip
rpcallowip=your_home_ip
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=30000
server=1
daemon=1

Then go to home computer and ensure you can 'telnet daemon_public_ip 30000' ensure that that answers?

Ok, I will start working on that biblepay.bak file for you to see also.

Thanks.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
nsummy

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:17:01 PM

Thanks for posting the code.  I'll play around with it tonight and see if I can get a test pool running.  And no that wasn't me that posted on there Smiley

Just let me know when you get the ASPX compiled and "almost" running (IE pool starts in debug mode and you cannot login).  At that point I will upload the SQL backup file of the empty database into github.  (I will get to it hopefully tomorrow).  So dont waste time recreating the schema as I have all of it.

Ironically what I have wasted hours on so far is getting the daemon to connect!  I thought maybe it was an incompatibility thing with win 2016, tried it on win 2012 with no luck.  Firewall is off both in the OS and through Amazon EC2.  Could it be possible that something is up with those 2 default nodes?  I see someone else posted the same issue earlier.  My QT-Wallet on my local box works fine, and my other linux VM is mining without problems.  Seems like maybe this has to do with initially populating the nodes?
Hi,
First on the daemon inside the AWS cloud (or wherver you want to run biblepayd as the pool hot wallet) ensure this is in biblepay.conf:

rpcuser=myuser
rpcpassword=mypass
rpcallowip=your_home_ip
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=30000
server=1
daemon=1

Then go to home computer and ensure you can 'telnet daemon_public_ip 30000' ensure that that answers?

Thanks.

Yes but I'm not even getting that far.  Like I can't even get the daemon to sync up to the blockchain.  It seems like it momentarily will find a peer, then back to no connection.  I'm going to give this a try in Google Compute, it could be just an amazon thing.
inblue

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:30:55 PM

Yes but I'm not even getting that far.  Like I can't even get the daemon to sync up to the blockchain.  It seems like it momentarily will find a peer, then back to no connection.  I'm going to give this a try in Google Compute, it could be just an amazon thing.

Code:
addnode "node.biblepay.org" "onetry"

Try entering this in the console multiple times. (Check getinfo every few times to see how far have you synced).
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 11:04:30 PM

Hi,

rpcuser=myuser
rpcpassword=mypass
rpcallowip=your_home_ip
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=30000
server=1
daemon=1

Thanks.

Even though the firewall is open on the windows 2012 server, check AWS master console to see if you are subject to the AWS default firewall policy. I remember at work we had to clone it and modify it.

Then from the server you can install telnet client and try the same test from the command line through the public IP.

Also you can install the block explorer as an add node, but I doubt thats it.

** I uploaded the SQL database creation scripts to github **
Now you can run schema create and then data create.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 03:43:22 PM

"Is there any chance we will be seeing an ARM supported wallet? Preferably RPi 3?" -chrisnelsonx via /r/BiblePay
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/6ummuj/how_to_mine_biblepay_on_linux/do7yfw1/

togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 03:45:30 PM

Help us Test Sanctuaries! (Masternodes)

HELP NEEDED FOR SANCTUARIES for Christmas go live:

Ive been doing a little testing over the last few days for the upcoming sanctuaries.  I discovered I will need a lot of help otherwise we cant go live with sanctuaries.

We need at least 8 or so testers in the sanctuary thread (the thread does not exist yet).  Im going to deprioritize the news testing thread, and create a sanctuary thread and post it here by the end of the day, and lets focus on testing in that thread otherwise, we wont have a chance of going live at Christmas.

There are a lot of variables, and here are some, that need worked out:

- Testing requires linux - because windows will not run watchman on the wall (thats the decentralized sanctuary database)
- Testing requires 500,000 bbp to be sent to the new testnet masternode (actually send more, so you have extra first) - this is not the final amount to run a sanctuary, its the testnet amount
- Testing requires an external open IP, IE you need to be able to run with the firewall port 40001 open
- Testing needs to have the latest version of BBP compiled from source

As you can see this is a complicated endeavor and therefore requires a lot of help to get this working properly by Christmas.

If you want to get started you can do the above and sync the node up in testnet and then you will be almost ready to help.
The reason I cant do this myself is there are security rules in place that hang up on other sanctuaries if certain conditions are not met, and they cant be disabled.  One particular rule is dont accept inbound connections from sanctuaries unless the mnsync status is 999, and that will fragment the network.  IE we need more than 4 or so synced nodes to test this properly.  Also, the governance qurorum is going to require a few synced sanctuaries in order for us to test voting on the fake proposal.  The fake proposal will have the orphanage budget in it, etc.  Otherwise, I cant see the votes.

Here it is, lets move the Sanctuary testnet conversation here :

http://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=16.msg94#msg94

One addnode is : node.biblepay.org

You should be able to hit 'telnet node.biblepay.org:40001'

Ill post a hash over there.

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2017, 04:46:15 PM

"Is there any chance we will be seeing an ARM supported wallet? Preferably RPi 3?" -chrisnelsonx via /r/BiblePay
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/6ummuj/how_to_mine_biblepay_on_linux/do7yfw1/

Yes, someone here on the forum said they were compiling biblepay on arm the other day, and said they would be excited to post the HPS of the pi.  Anyone?

Afaik, to do this, there are about 50 lines of code that might need to be added- things that hint the compiler to do certain things.
When we get to the stage of having a PPM for linux, we can ask our configuration manager to create a compile step for arm and for mac.

I think once we attract a few devs into our slack team, this would be a good fit for someone who really likes to maintain our releases as a volunteer.
Once we have our IT voting running, we could put that person on payroll.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:53:02 PM

Yes, someone here on the forum said they were compiling biblepay on arm the other day, and said they would be excited to post the HPS of the pi.  Anyone?

Yeah, that was me. But the compile failed. I don't have enough linux knowledge to work it all out unfortunately, but if someone else wants to try...?

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
nsummy

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 07:26:36 PM

Hi,

rpcuser=myuser
rpcpassword=mypass
rpcallowip=your_home_ip
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=30000
server=1
daemon=1

Thanks.

Even though the firewall is open on the windows 2012 server, check AWS master console to see if you are subject to the AWS default firewall policy. I remember at work we had to clone it and modify it.

Then from the server you can install telnet client and try the same test from the command line through the public IP.

Thanks for the help.  I tested on Google compute and had the same problem.  on Google after submitting the addnode "node.biblepay.org" "onetry" command a bunch of times it finally connected to the node.  I went back to AWS and that command didn't fix it on that side.  I finally just logged into the linux box I have mining and grabbed the address of one of the peers my daemon there was connected to and added it as a node, it instantly connected.  Kind of a weird problem but its working now.  Last night I got up to the point of installing IIS.  I'm at work right now but hopefully I can wrap this up mostly tonight.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2017, 11:17:31 PM

I just wanted to mention that I have been a little busy lately (other than being interrupted to upload the pool, which is a huge necessity), with a brand new cryptocurrency feature for biblepay.  I think it might be "the" feature for us that gives us the edge to the top 50.

I'm thinking about adding colored coins into biblepay with an integrated 401k or retirement account fund inside the wallet.  And in-wallet trading.

I'm thinking maybe we can be the first coin with the ability to trade BiblePay for our second asset inside the wallet (other than Ripple, but technically, Ripple is a network of market makers making existing markets).  This is a little different.

I'm thinking we emit a new deflationary colored currency (called either retirement coins or 401k coins) inside the wallet on a schedule decreasing by 1% per day.  Then, the wallet will keep track of both normal balance and "colored coin" balances.  So you would have your BBP balance and your rBBP balance. 

Starting on the day we have retirement coins, the retirement system would emit 1 million retirement coins per day equally divided over 202 daily blocks to the miners who mine the blocks.  However each day, the emission rate would decrease by 1% .  So on day 2 we would emit 10,000 coins less (or 990,000 retirement coins over 202 blocks).  Each block solver would receive normal BBP, plus a separate share of colored retirement coins.  If you mined 4,000 retirement coins on day #1, your balance would now be:  1,000,000 BBP and 4,000 rBBP (retirement bbp). 

You cannot send colored coins to an exchange to sell them and cannot buy colored coins on an exchange.
All colored coins must be sent in a transaction that includes a reference to the root of the colored coins (another words, the colored indicator on the tx, the previous output is colored, and the new vout for the receiver is colored).

Available coins for spending will never select colored coins for spending (IE They cannot be spent). But they can be Traded for BBP with other holders through Trade transactions.

A new RPC command will allow you to send colored coins back and forth among others, if you want to give them to others.

Now here is where it gets interesting.  If we view the colored coins as a deflationary retirement account (assuming that IF they are becoming scarcer, storing FIAT in rBBP would theoretically result in a gain in value).

We implement in-wallet trading to allow trading from BBP to rBBP.  So we would have RPC commands to "execute order SELL 9000 rBBP for 1100 BBP" for example.  Other in-wallet users would "execute order BUY rBBP 5000 for 700 BBP".  When the matching engine matches an order over the nodes, one masternode  who is the chosen winner of the round (chosen winner meaning which masternode has the closest hash to the center of the blockhash for the current BBP block, can be active market maker for this tx).

At this point, the masternode jumps in, Locks the trade, grabs the collateral from the seller and the buyer, crosses the trade, then unlocks it and it is completed.  We will have a Trading log in biblepay, so you can go into your separate debug file and monitor STEPS that occur during trading.  (In case something goes wrong partially through).

Lastly, partially executed orders would be changed via a MODIFY - so if only 1000 got filled your order would readvertise with the partial amount left.

In this way, we would have in-wallet trading, colored coins, and a second deflationary asset inside biblepay.

My projection shows that the retirement coins would deflate for 4000 days before reaching a floor where they would be emitted at approximately 1 per day (if we start with a million per day).  I think at that point, I would like the system to reverse split the coins and start over, so that we perpetually have a deflationary retirement asset inside BBP.

One benefit of having this particular feature is we would attract outside investors that would need to buy BBP in order to have the ability to buy rBBP and they also potentially download the wallet and be users and might have a tendency to be long term holders.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
brimdor

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:47:16 AM

Not sure if I am missing the info anywhere but is it possible to mine using software other than the wallet? Cpuminer? sgminer? ccminer? etc?
doutor_broncco

Activity: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 02:04:57 AM

I just wanted to mention that I have been a little busy lately (other than being interrupted to upload the pool, which is a huge necessity), with a brand new cryptocurrency feature for biblepay.  I think it might be "the" feature for us that gives us the edge to the top 50.

I'm thinking about adding colored coins into biblepay with an integrated 401k or retirement account fund inside the wallet.  And in-wallet trading.

I'm thinking maybe we can be the first coin with the ability to trade BiblePay for our second asset inside the wallet (other than Ripple, but technically, Ripple is a network of market makers making existing markets).  This is a little different.

I'm thinking we emit a new deflationary colored currency (called either retirement coins or 401k coins) inside the wallet on a schedule decreasing by 1% per day.  Then, the wallet will keep track of both normal balance and "colored coin" balances.  So you would have your BBP balance and your rBBP balance. 

Starting on the day we have retirement coins, the retirement system would emit 1 million retirement coins per day equally divided over 202 daily blocks to the miners who mine the blocks.  However each day, the emission rate would decrease by 1% .  So on day 2 we would emit 10,000 coins less (or 990,000 retirement coins over 202 blocks).  Each block solver would receive normal BBP, plus a separate share of colored retirement coins.  If you mined 4,000 retirement coins on day #1, your balance would now be:  1,000,000 BBP and 4,000 rBBP (retirement bbp). 

You cannot send colored coins to an exchange to sell them and cannot buy colored coins on an exchange.
All colored coins must be sent in a transaction that includes a reference to the root of the colored coins (another words, the colored indicator on the tx, the previous output is colored, and the new vout for the receiver is colored).

Available coins for spending will never select colored coins for spending (IE They cannot be spent). But they can be Traded for BBP with other holders through Trade transactions.

A new RPC command will allow you to send colored coins back and forth among others, if you want to give them to others.

Now here is where it gets interesting.  If we view the colored coins as a deflationary retirement account (assuming that IF they are becoming scarcer, storing FIAT in rBBP would theoretically result in a gain in value).

We implement in-wallet trading to allow trading from BBP to rBBP.  So we would have RPC commands to "execute order SELL 9000 rBBP for 1100 BBP" for example.  Other in-wallet users would "execute order BUY rBBP 5000 for 700 BBP".  When the matching engine matches an order over the nodes, one masternode  who is the chosen winner of the round (chosen winner meaning which masternode has the closest hash to the center of the blockhash for the current BBP block, can be active market maker for this tx).

At this point, the masternode jumps in, Locks the trade, grabs the collateral from the seller and the buyer, crosses the trade, then unlocks it and it is completed.  We will have a Trading log in biblepay, so you can go into your separate debug file and monitor STEPS that occur during trading.  (In case something goes wrong partially through).

Lastly, partially executed orders would be changed via a MODIFY - so if only 1000 got filled your order would readvertise with the partial amount left.

In this way, we would have in-wallet trading, colored coins, and a second deflationary asset inside biblepay.

My projection shows that the retirement coins would deflate for 4000 days before reaching a floor where they would be emitted at approximately 1 per day (if we start with a million per day).  I think at that point, I would like the system to reverse split the coins and start over, so that we perpetually have a deflationary retirement asset inside BBP.

One benefit of having this particular feature is we would attract outside investors that would need to buy BBP in order to have the ability to buy rBBP and they also potentially download the wallet and be users and might have a tendency to be long term holders.

So, I understand that this second colored coin could be used as private payment between users, without the fear of a possible dumping in value due to exchange speculation. In other words, it´s a more stable asset for long term savings. To me looks like a very good idea.
nananaminer

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:03:04 AM

Not sure if I am missing the info anywhere but is it possible to mine using software other than the wallet? Cpuminer? sgminer? ccminer? etc?

Currently there are no external miners for the coin because the algorithm is really unique and even takes into account that you are running a node, so for now one has to run a node and mine using the in-built miner.

If you want to setup a node fast and start mining on the pool, I had put up a script for linux to do so.
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/d1c1d35e3c8f67f5fb2e204479fa5c6b

Cheers
Thejesusofcrypto

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Professional Knife catcher

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:06:11 AM

This could be the next PINK coin.

But what an interesting niche idea. (Interesting)
I think I'll add this to equal out all of the EOS in my wallet.
JungleOnion

Activity: 868
Merit: 279

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 04:17:12 AM

so its there already an amount set to run a masternode in december? I only have 100k but hopefully I can mine some and buy some more.
616westwarmoth

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:43:42 AM

so its there already an amount set to run a masternode in december? I only have 100k but hopefully I can mine some and buy some more.

The Testnet is 500K Test BBP.  The value talked about has been 1,000,000.  While that is a lofty number in some ways, it's very attainable in the marketplace compared to many other MN coins.  At the end of the day, I would say with 95% certainty, the final value will be between 750,000 and 1,500,000 for a masternode.  Part of it will get resolved during the test run, since the coin benefits from having some number of masternodes, but the valuation of the coin is boosted by scarcity, and a high coin masternode should increase scarcity and lead to a more stable valuation than something low.  Just my two cents, and for the record, I hope to be running a MN or two (am doing one in Testnet to help the coin and educate myself).

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
znffal

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:57:24 AM

Hi,

rpcuser=myuser
rpcpassword=mypass
rpcallowip=your_home_ip
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=30000
server=1
daemon=1

Thanks.

Thanks for the help.  I tested on Google compute and had the same problem.  on Google after submitting the addnode "node.biblepay.org" "onetry" command a bunch of times it finally connected to the node.  I went back to AWS and that command didn't fix it on that side.  I finally just logged into the linux box I have mining and grabbed the address of one of the peers my daemon there was connected to and added it as a node, it instantly connected.  Kind of a weird problem but its working now.  Last night I got up to the point of installing IIS.  I'm at work right now but hopefully I can wrap this up mostly tonight.

I am having a problem connecting to the node too. So to connect via one of my peers would I just type:

Code:
addnode "121.99.196.86:xxxxx" "onetry"

where the address is the node id address (or should it be the "via"?)

Thanks
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 02:01:07 PM

I am having a problem connecting to the node too. So to connect via one of my peers would I just type:

Code:
addnode "121.99.196.86:xxxxx" "onetry"

where the address is the node id address (or should it be the "via"?)

Thanks
Telnet is connecting successfully right now- we may have overloaded the connection count at that time on the seed nodes.
(Windows can only handle 1024 connections).
You can also try:  Biblepay.inspect.network is another good one to add as a seed node.

From a command line try this
telnet biblepay.inspect.network 40000

If that connects you should be able to add the addnode= to your config file and restart.
Also:
addnode=node.biblepay.org

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Pages: « 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »
  Print  

Jump to: