Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:39:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are some people so Anti Bitcoins??  (Read 1058 times)
raze

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 01:35:22 AM

Says who? bitcoin can go back to 20 tomorrow. Would that screw you out of money? Would you say fuck bitcoin. If I was holding coins I wouldnt be happy I might even say I had been scammed.

There are obvious risks associated with Bitcoin, it's plastered on nearly every article/forum/site about Bitcoins. So you know there's a massive risk where you're putting your money. Even if they did go down to 20, there's no way in hell I'd say "I was scammed". That implies someone took advantage of me. I'd say "I took a risk with my money, it didn't pay off and now it's time to move on".

BTC --16FPbgyUZdTm1voAfi26VZ3RH7apTFGaPm
LTC -- Lhd3gmj84BWqx7kQgqUA7gyoogsLeJbCXb
PPC -- PRpKGjgjNLFv8eR7VVv7jBaP8aexDFqk4C

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
raze

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 01:36:52 AM

Bitcoin is a scam because it is shit as money. Btc incentives hoarding and price manipulation. When a coin comes out that ties the value to the market participation and incentives sharing and spending and new market participation bitcoin will die and take its place in history beside myspace and beanie babies.   

On the contrary, I think it'll go down in history as being one of the first successful crypocurrencies to make it to mainstream adoption Tongue But who's to tell where it'll end up, definitely not me or you.

ik2013

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 01:38:43 AM

Sounds like you should tell your teacher to come talk to these folks here, they will sort him/her out...

Single board ATX power supply interface for Raspberry Pi: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=263567.msg2815917#msg2815917    Like my work? Donations accepted here: 1FXYreNr35PzZVimEQkSzR68EdNutqefYh   I sell on Tindie: https://www.tindie.com/stores/KD8SSF/     Reputation thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=264089.0
TaxingBitcoins

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 01:45:19 AM

Fear is driven from a lack of understanding and a deficiency of curiosity.

Wow great quote!
All significant advances in technology are indistinguishable from magic
hothothot1994

Activity: 36

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 01:54:49 AM

Bitcoin is no more of a scam than any other currency...the dollar, Euro, Pound, etc. People can hold paper currencies so it gives them a sense of (false) security. They think that since they can't hold Bitcoins that it's some sort of scam without ever really researching on their own. Sure there are risks, but there are risks with every currency, just research hyperinflation or the history of fiat money.

You can argue that paper money is outdated and will be obsolete, and is bound to be taken over by virtual currencies. Bitcoins or any other virtual currency fits needs like electronic money transfer much better than paper money ever can. World needs are heading more and more towards a need for a global currency that paper just cannot fulfill.

Simply, most people don't like change...
Arnold37

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 01:58:29 AM

Bitcoin is a scam because it is shit as money. Btc incentives hoarding and price manipulation. When a coin comes out that ties the value to the market participation and incentives sharing and spending and new market participation bitcoin will die and take its place in history beside myspace and beanie babies.   

On the contrary, I think it'll go down in history as being one of the first successful crypocurrencies to make it to mainstream adoption Tongue But who's to tell where it'll end up, definitely not me or you.
There are a lot of technical challenges to overcome for bitcoin to reach mainstream everyday adoption. My guess is that Bitcoin will likely be a backend where the "value is stored" and wallet services provide the small and fast transactions for everyday transactions.
raze

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 02:00:18 AM

There are a lot of technical challenges to overcome for bitcoin to reach mainstream everyday adoption. My guess is that Bitcoin will likely be a backend where the "value is stored" and wallet services provide the small and fast transactions for everyday transactions.
Yeah, that's a fair point. Maybe a "pioneer" of virtual currencies.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: