Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:05:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with mining on 2x GPU  (Read 317 times)
PatBas (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 06:07:19 PM

I just got two MSI GTX 1050 TI grafich cards, i was curious if i can make double GPU mining using my PC just to see. I can boot pc up with one GPU installed and start mining with NiceHash miner, wasnt hard to test that out. After i use PCI express Riser ( i connect it to the MB, I connect 6 pin power and also i power up my Riser with Molex cable ). So i know everything is set up the wey it should be. My PSU is 550 W so it should be enough. When i boot it up both GPUs get the power ( fans spinning & LED turns on ). But i get no signal on my screen , i tried putting my HDMI cable into other GPU also and still no signal. MB gives me one BEEP that everything is OK. Im using http://www.gigabyte.com.au/Motherboard/GA-MA770-ES3-rev-10#ov this motherboard with latest F4 bios updates. Does it mean i should try this in other MB or what? Ty for the help.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 07:30:48 PM

I just got two MSI GTX 1050 TI grafich cards, i was curious if i can make double GPU mining using my PC just to see. I can boot pc up with one GPU installed and start mining with NiceHash miner, wasnt hard to test that out. After i use PCI express Riser ( i connect it to the MB, I connect 6 pin power and also i power up my Riser with Molex cable ). So i know everything is set up the wey it should be. My PSU is 550 W so it should be enough. When i boot it up both GPUs get the power ( fans spinning & LED turns on ). But i get no signal on my screen , i tried putting my HDMI cable into other GPU also and still no signal. MB gives me one BEEP that everything is OK. Im using http://www.gigabyte.com.au/Motherboard/GA-MA770-ES3-rev-10#ov this motherboard with latest F4 bios updates. Does it mean i should try this in other MB or what? Ty for the help.

Sounds pretty much like your riser or motherboard problem. I have a Corsair VS550 PSU and I am running one GTX 1060 and one GTX 1050 ti and everything is running fine. Motherboard is a cheap MSI latest generation with H110 chipset. I would change the places of the card, put this one which gives black screen directly to x16 slot. Another thing, a DDR2 ram board is not that suitable for mining but I maybe wrong here. A friend of mine have such board and it keeps restarting and crashing. Here is a picture showing that is no problem mining with 2 cards with a 550 watt PSU considering your PSU is a premium brand and not a chinese type. The chinese type may say 550 watt but usually max it is capable is only 150 watt so this maybe another problem.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
PatBas (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 02:20:18 PM

I managed them both to get to work now, it was the power cable problem i used for second GPU. Bought new one and it works now. But now i got another problem, my MoBO stupidly using second GPU as a MAIN PCI E ( its in pci express x1 slot AND below the first gpu ). So i cant realy use the PC for gaming now or anything else. Can i change that or no? i guess there could be an option in BIOS or nvidia control center to make this happen? or should i try to use my second gpu in other PCI e x1 slots? ty for all the help
Undefined31415

Activity: 336
Merit: 253

Gone phishing...

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 06:14:57 PM

I managed them both to get to work now, it was the power cable problem i used for second GPU. Bought new one and it works now. But now i got another problem, my MoBO stupidly using second GPU as a MAIN PCI E ( its in pci express x1 slot AND below the first gpu ). So i cant realy use the PC for gaming now or anything else. Can i change that or no? i guess there could be an option in BIOS or nvidia control center to make this happen? or should i try to use my second gpu in other PCI e x1 slots? ty for all the help

I would look in the bios to see if you can manually set your primary adapter to the GPU in the physical x16 slot. It is a little unusual for it to default to that x1 slot, but it is an old motherboard.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███